CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
''ACTOR READING JONATHAN'S EMAIL: That it is worthwhile to invest more money with Frank despite year after year of losses. What are you seeing that everyone else is missing? In the past, I have been accused of petulance for asking tough questions, and there has been much frustration for both of us. Years ago, I did stop asking about Frank because of the strain it caused on our relationship, and I have left it alone.

ACTOR READING BARRY'S EMAIL: Absurd as it may seem to you, I believe that Frank has a talent to produce films with value in excess of cost. Please also remember that I have been making business decisions for many decades, often making decisions which others disagree. The result has been some big losses, but also some even bigger gains as a result of my decisions. You will likely be a multi-billionaire.

KATHLEEN GOLDHAR: Is Frank any kind of suspect?

MATTHEW CAMPBELL: I think if Frank were any kind of suspect, he wouldn't be walking around right now. I know he was interviewed at least once very, very early on. And I'm sure, you know, the police came to him quite early in the investigation. And if they thought he had anything to do with it, I would certainly hope that the Toronto police by now would have what it would have acted on on that suspicion and that they haven't tells me that that he's probably not considered a suspect.''

“Judge says former brewery owner 'probably guilty' of sexual assault, but acquits him​

The Canadian Press

Posted: April 21, 2009
Last Updated: April 21, 2009

Frank D'Angelo was found not guilty Tuesday of sexually assaulting a longtime friend's daughter by a judge who nevertheless said the former brewery owner is "probably" guilty.

The now 22-year-old woman accused D'Angelo of grabbing her, stripping her and forcing her to have sex in a hotel room in June 2007.”

Not to give any credit to JS but I wonder if that's why he never liked FDA? We all know he was just a leech but maybe there was more to the story?
I was thinking about this. If JS had heard FD'A yelling at his father, I'm sure he would have said something in the emails to Barry and then would have provided the emails to KD so as to make KD look in FD'As direction.

''ACTOR READING JONATHAN'S EMAIL: That it is worthwhile to invest more money with Frank despite year after year of losses. What are you seeing that everyone else is missing? In the past, I have been accused of petulance for asking tough questions, and there has been much frustration for both of us. Years ago, I did stop asking about Frank because of the strain it caused on our relationship, and I have left it alone.

ACTOR READING BARRY'S EMAIL: Absurd as it may seem to you, I believe that Frank has a talent to produce films with value in excess of cost. Please also remember that I have been making business decisions for many decades, often making decisions which others disagree. The result has been some big losses, but also some even bigger gains as a result of my decisions. You will likely be a multi-billionaire.

KATHLEEN GOLDHAR: Is Frank any kind of suspect?

MATTHEW CAMPBELL: I think if Frank were any kind of suspect, he wouldn't be walking around right now. I know he was interviewed at least once very, very early on. And I'm sure, you know, the police came to him quite early in the investigation. And if they thought he had anything to do with it, I would certainly hope that the Toronto police by now would have what it would have acted on on that suspicion and that they haven't tells me that that he's probably not considered a suspect.''

That was an interesting interview and podcast. I respect MC a great deal, his work on the Sherman case is excellent. He’s a talented writer, imo, not just a great journalist.

The issue I have with what he said is that it’s more than five years later and we still have virtually the same unnamed suspects in mind, but none of them have been arrested. They’re all walking free. So that alone doesn’t point to their innocence in this, imo.

I was thinking about this. If JS had heard FD'A yelling at his father, I'm sure he would have said something in the emails to Barry and then would have provided the emails to KD so as to make KD look in FD'As direction.

My memory is hazy on this, but I think it was in KD’s podcast that JS was quoted as telling BS that FD’A treated his employees terribly and made homophobic comments.

But you’re right. How did JS not use the way FD’A spoke to BS as a point of contention? Why not say ‘hey dad, he talks to you as if you’re garbage.’

The former lawyer on the documentary said he overheard the way FD’A spoke to BS. Maybe JS was never in range to overhear it, and FD’A only did that to BS in private?

I don't think the belts were to prevent them from falling into the pool.
I looked at the artists renditions from the star and i don't think it's possible.
They are on the other side of the rail from the pool.
I think the belts were part of the staging.
It is hard for me to understand the staging. They are not sitting like the statues in the next at all, IMO, so I do not think that was part of it.
The hanging does not indicate murder suicide to me, because Barry is poised to look so peaceful. In the last moments of strangulation, I think the response would be to struggle, and the glasses would come off. The legs would not be crossed, again just speculation on my part. It is also quite obvious that somebody replaced Honey's slip- on slippers on her feet after dragging and/or moving her body into position at the pool, after she was killed elsewhere in the house, possibly near the upstairs powder room. She was feisty enough I doubt that they could have forced her to walk downstairs to the pool area. There was some kind of struggle because of the marks and blood on her face, or possibly that was done post-mortem while moving her body.
Maybe the message is in the hanging itself, even though their bodies lie on the ground. I think that hanging is seen as a sinful and shameful in the Jewish culture.

"Deuteronomy 21:22–23 teaches that there was a divine curse placed on a hanged person: “And if a man has committed a crime punishable by death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, his body shall not remain all night on the tree, but you shall bury him the same day, for a hanged man is cursed by God. You shall not defile your land that the LORD your God is giving you for an inheritance” (ESV).

For most capital offenses covered by Jewish Law, stoning was the form of punishment. On some occasions the dead body would be hung in public as a deterrent to further crime. This law made it illegal to do so overnight (Leviticus 18:24–27; Numbers 35:3–34)."

Just some thoughts for your consideration, speculation on my part and IMO

I don’t recall that, but may have missed it. Do you remember when or where KD has said he doesn’t think F is involved? (Just ballpark, I know there’s a lot of new information recently in a few different mediums.) I know he has implied that, and I get the impression KD has possibly ruled him out.
I think I recall from his write ins in the Star. I’m sure Dotr knows!

I don't think the belts were to prevent them from falling into the pool.
I looked at the artists renditions from the star and i don't think it's possible.
They are on the other side of the rail from the pool.
I think the belts were part of the staging.
I would say the belts were intended from slumping down, ie to keep then close to upright. But based on the drawings we have seen, they were not intended to keep them out of the pool

Maybe the message is in the hanging itself, even though their bodies lie on the ground. I think that hanging is seen as a sinful and shameful in the Jewish culture.

"Deuteronomy 21:22–23 teaches that there was a divine curse placed on a hanged person: “And if a man has committed a crime punishable by death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, his body shall not remain all night on the tree, but you shall bury him the same day, for a hanged man is cursed by God. You shall not defile your land that the LORD your God is giving you for an inheritance” (ESV).
I’ve had this exact same thought.

I think I recall from his write ins in the Star. I’m sure Dotr knows!
Not doubting you, I think you’re right. I don’t recall him explicitly saying *he’s* not the guy,
the way he apparently did with KW on the documentary.

Maybe it was in a Q&A? I recall someone asking about FD’A and KD’s response was that FD’A ‘lost everything’ after the murders. ie, he had nothing to gain by killing BS and the motive here seems to be money, not revenge or a falling out.

Not doubting you, I think you’re right. I don’t recall him explicitly saying *he’s* not the guy,
the way he apparently did with KW on the documentary.

Maybe it was in a Q&A? I recall someone asking about FD’A and KD’s response was that FD’A ‘lost everything’ after the murders. ie, he had nothing to gain by killing BS and the motive here seems to be money, not revenge or a falling out.
Pathetic that F D'angelo was completely dependent on BS to fund his life. At 65 he has 6 year old daughters and running a farcical mayoral race with an extremely sketchy past.

It is hard for me to understand the staging. They are not sitting like the statues in the next at all, IMO, so I do not think that was part of it.
The hanging does not indicate murder suicide to me, because Barry is poised to look so peaceful. In the last moments of strangulation, I think the response would be to struggle, and the glasses would come off. The legs would not be crossed, again just speculation on my part. It is also quite obvious that somebody replaced Honey's slip- on slippers on her feet after dragging and/or moving her body into position at the pool, after she was killed elsewhere in the house, possibly near the upstairs powder room. She was feisty enough I doubt that they could have forced her to walk downstairs to the pool area. There was some kind of struggle because of the marks and blood on her face, or possibly that was done post-mortem while moving her body.

For most capital offenses covered by Jewish Law, stoning was the form of punishment. On some occasions the dead body would be hung in public as a deterrent to further crime. This law made it illegal to do so overnight (Leviticus 18:24–27; Numbers 35:3–34)."

Just some thoughts for your consideration, speculation on my part and IMO
Also, add that they were killed on Hanukah as some apostates were. If the cheap leather belts were made of pig skin there's another violation along with the crossing of the legs. Were the stagings done as a religious mockery?

Also, add that they were killed on Hanukah as some apostates were. If the cheap leather belts were made of pig skin there's another violation along with the crossing of the legs. Were the stagings done as a religious mockery?
Thank you. Really good points.
I also wonder now if the house, where the bodies hung for more than a day, would have been "defiled" in Jewish perception, and that might at least partially explain the demolition with so many valuable appliances, pieces of furniture, and personal items still there?
One other thing that puzzles me: why did JS remove his skull cap during part of his eulogy to his parents? That seemed very odd to me too. I know that BS was reported to be an atheist. Perhaps JS is too. Would that account for this strange act? I am not familiar with Jewish funeral customs. We have already discussed how his apparent mocking of Honey falling on a ski slope, and his use of the F word to describe his family as "really F'd up" seems so disrespectful, and full of anger.
I still think that motive was largely based on money, but there seems to be hate and revenge involved as well. All speculation, and IMO

Thank you. Really good points.
I also wonder now if the house, where the bodies hung for more than a day, would have been "defiled" in Jewish perception, and that might at least partially explain the demolition with so many valuable appliances, pieces of furniture, and personal items still there?
One other thing that puzzles me: why did JS remove his skull cap during part of his eulogy to his parents? That seemed very odd to me too. I know that BS was reported to be an atheist. Perhaps JS is too. Would that account for this strange act? I am not familiar with Jewish funeral customs. We have already discussed how his apparent mocking of Honey falling on a ski slope, and his use of the F word to describe his family as "really F'd up" seems so disrespectful, and full of anger.
I still think that motive was largely based on money, but there seems to be hate and revenge involved as well. All speculation, and IMO
The comment about his family being f'd up referred to the days after the murders, not in general. Still completely inappropriate for a funeral, and especially one that was televised and had thousands of attendees including the mayor, Premier and P.M.

I wonder if he ran the speech by the rest of the family ahead of time.

KD says in his book that he removed it in recognition of Barry’s atheism. IIRC he asked the attendees to consider doing the same.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
<modsnip - quoted post was removed> I think <modsnip - quoted post was removed> he's a character and a grifter and above all a self promoter.

Did Barry also fund his tv show? I always wondered how he got a show as I found him beyond annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed> I think <modsnip - quoted post was removed> he's a character and a grifter and above all a self promoter.

Did Barry also fund his tv show? I always wondered how he got a show as I found him beyond annoying.

He purchased air time for that show. It was just basically an infomercial for his brand, products and movies The Being Frank Show (TV Series 2010– ) - IMDb

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member