CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any DNA from somebody who was known to frequent 50 Old Colony (Family; staff; RE agents) would be irrelevant. Any 'strangers' likely would have taken precautions such as gloves, masks, booties, even painter-type suits.
Except based on what has been reported, DNA samples from those people frequenting the Sherman house was not taken by LE for many months after the murders, so who knows what DNA LE collected at the crime scene.

th

The only thoughts I can come up with is that the family did not want anyone outside of family to have these mementoes, items, they wanted to bury them so no one could get to them.

To avoid situations like walking by an antique shop and seeing all of your parents personal items.

The home had professionals go through to stage it, the home was decluttered, possibly what was left would cost more money to remove and donate than it would to just demolish it all.
Furniture, art and so on - that's ok to me, but not at all are documents and photos ok to have been dumped like they were, because it is more intimate and would have been worthy of protection by the 4 adult children. IMO

Just now a crazy idea:
Did an enemy of FD'A wanted to make sure, in a one fell swoop to cut him off of his eternal source of money by murdering H and BS?
Crazy idea, I know.

How is FD'A doing without the millions and millions of his best friend?

Bobbi Pearl said "I am not sure at what point he turned and said to me, KD thinks JS did it! I asked how he came to that conclusion and he said that is the impression he is getting from the dialogue and the tone changes in KD voice when he speaks of him."

If there was a vote by Websleuthers, as to who they thought did it, I think many would agree on that point.
Also getting a KD vibe that he thinks JS is involved

Could there be DNA, yes. I'm very curious about her coat since she wasn't wearing it when she was found. Was there DNA on it so the killer took it with him/her?
Good point, about Honey's coat, if it is missing. There might even be some of the killer's blood or other body fluid on it, if for instance she poked him in the eye, or scratched him during a struggle, so he removed it. There was one report early on that their coats were pulled down in the back to quickly restrain them, then zip ties applied, but this could have just been speculation. I think I read it here, but am not sure it was ever in the press, or KD's book. IMO

Just now a crazy idea:
Did an enemy of FD'A wanted to make sure, in a one fell swoop to cut him off of his eternal source of money by murdering H and BS?
Crazy idea, I know.

How is FD'A doing without the millions and millions of his best friend?
Maybe not to cut FD'A (or any others) off from the $$$, but possibly a round about way of recouping money owed to a third party? speculation
Good point, about Honey's coat, if it is missing. There might even be some of the killer's blood or other body fluid on it, if for instance she poked him in the eye, or scratched him during a struggle, so he removed it. There was one report early on that their coats were pulled down in the back to quickly restrain them, then zip ties applied, but this could have just been speculation. I think I read it here, but am not sure it was ever in the press, or KD's book. IMO
''The Shermans were wearing winter coats that were pushed back away from the shoulders and down, which would have the effect of immobilizing the arms. No rope or plastic strap was found at the scene and sources have speculated to the Star that when Toronto police examined sewer pipes around the house they were looking for whatever was used as ties. Police also searched the roof of the house and used metal detectors on the property.''

Also getting a KD vibe that he thinks JS is involved
I believe that JS made a strange remark, something to the effect of how would a killer plan a murder in six weeks ? What happened 6 weeks before they were killed??? Is that when Barry was demanding money back, and it became obvious to someone that he and Honey were making new wills, or changing the existing ones? Perhaps they had decided to leave much more to charity, and Honey's sister, and less to the children. IMO

Maybe not to cut FD'A (or any others) off from the $$$, but possibly a round about way of recouping money owed to a third party? speculation

''The Shermans were wearing winter coats that were pushed back away from the shoulders and down, which would have the effect of immobilizing the arms. No rope or plastic strap was found at the scene and sources have speculated to the Star that when Toronto police examined sewer pipes around the house they were looking for whatever was used as ties. Police also searched the roof of the house and used metal detectors on the property.''
Thank you for this. It is strange that none of the crime scene drawings, or scenes from the recent tv documentary " Billionaire Murders" on Crave Tv showed any winter coats on the victims while they were hanging by belts, near the pool. IMO

I'm not a super detailed follower of the Sherman case, so excuse my comment if it isn't relevant...

I was struck (possibly again, since I forget my early understanding of this case) that Barry had his glasses sitting as normal on his face when his body was found.

What is consensus about this here on WS? Does this mean there wasn't a struggle? Does it mean that someone placed his glasses back on his face to make him look like he normally did? Does it mean that he killed himself?

What say you?

Thank you for this. It is strange that none of the crime scene drawings, or scenes from the recent tv documentary " Billionaire Murders" on Crave Tv showed any winter coats on the victims while they were hanging by belts, near the pool. IMO
Please someone correct me if I’m wrong, but in KD’s documentary, doesn’t someone say that they were *not* actually found with coats pulled down over their arms?

Think of all of the horrific crimes Canada has had. The Paul Bernardo case comes to mind and they tore his house down, but I believe it was a year or 2 after he was arrested, ( I think).
Many people do tear their homes down or the law does because it becomes a "weird" tourist attraction or people drive bye just to get a look at the house. I can see them tearing it down BUT not so soon after the murders. It also bothers me that they left many possessions behind. That is strange and odd to me, I know they are billionaires so they can replace anything they want. Leaving behind photos, paperwork and sentimental items is shocking to me.
Paul Bernardo’s house was torn down after his trial was over

I know the ramp leading down to the garage was heated, and one side wasn’t working. Was the entire driveway heated? In many photos of the house taken right after the murders there is sometimes snow accumulated and it doesn’t seem as though it was, unless they shut it off for some reason.

If it snowed around 8:00pm and Honey arrived home at around 8:45pm, maybe she shoveled some snow. (She had an early meeting the next morning and no staff was scheduled to work.)
I think Honey arrived home closer to 8pm.

I'm not a super detailed follower of the Sherman case, so excuse my comment if it isn't relevant...

I was struck (possibly again, since I forget my early understanding of this case) that Barry had his glasses sitting as normal on his face when his body was found.

What is consensus about this here on WS? Does this mean there wasn't a struggle? Does it mean that someone placed his glasses back on his face to make him look like he normally did? Does it mean that he killed himself?

What say you?
Many here (imo) believe that Dr Sherman's glasses were adjusted after death, imo, speculation.
1687866286469.png

One major thing that stood out to me in the reports was that there is no mention of Honey having a personal banking acct or even a debit card. (Only an Aeroplan Visa) IMO, it is very strange that she used her Visa to take out cash @ a CIBC that evening before she went home. They were known for being extremely frugal. Why would she use a card like that for a cash advance? The interest starts immediately from the day the money is withdrawn. If the amount was $7,500 that she withdrew, that amount would quickly rise with daily interest fees. Since it seems that BS was a bit controlling with her access to money, it appears odd that this would be her regular habit of withdrawing funds. FWIW, this solidifies my belief that she was under duress at Bayview Village and she may have been followed, or was forced to withdraw that sum on the spot by someone she knew. 5 years later and the surveillance footage is still protected speaks volumes to something important being picked up that night by the bank's camera.
I think everything is relative. They were billionaires.
I don’t think HS would be thinking about the interest rate on her CC when she used it to take out money from the bank.
People keep saying they were frugal or cheap.
I think everything we have read shows that the frugality only applied to themselves.
I’m sure part of that money was for her housekeepers Christmas gift and other people she would be seeing over the next few days.
Her trainers her hairdresser etc.
Also, I have friends who are children of Holocaust survivors. It’s very normal for them to have cash on them or available at all times.
It’s apparently a sense of security.

Good point about Honey's coat, if it is missing. There might even be some of the killer's blood or other body fluid on it, if for instance she poked him in the eye, or scratched him during a struggle, so he removed it. There was one report early on that their coats were pulled down in the back to quickly restrain them, then zip ties were applied, but this could have just been speculation. I think I read it here, but am not sure it was ever in the press, or KD's book. IMO
I don’t know if her coat was missing.
Since she was wearing her slip-on shoes and her purse was found on the kitchen table, I would assume, she hung her coat at the side door when she entered the house and took off her boots or shoes and put on her slip on’s

What say you?
If he was subdued and tried to reason his way out of being murdered his glasses may not have moved. Most people wear glasses that have springs on the arms to keep them from slipping. So let's say he was grabbed and swiftly immobilized, walked into the pool room by the killer's, taken over to the area where Honey lay and was swiftly strangled, they may have never fallen off.

Also, no to suicide. I believe both were apprehended, had their wrists tied and were strangled quickly.

Except based on what has been reported, DNA samples from those people frequenting the Sherman house was not taken by LE for many months after the murders, so who knows what DNA LE collected at the crime scene.
I agree with you, however analysis of DNA with a few exceptions, can to take weeks and even months.

Likely the DNA was collected, and sent for analysis. The results came back to the TPS some time later, and compared to existing Police data bases which would take further time. If there was still unknown DNA, people frequenting the house would be checked. it all takes time.

I believe the initial post was if DNA was on the clothing of BS or HS, to me that would be totally considered evidence.

Also the home was cleaned top to bottom, the housekeeper said it was clean except for a few leaves at the door which she swept out that Friday morning. (- off subject of this post but about the housekeeper - I am curious, she said she started the laundry, not sure what laundry she had to wash, she was there on the Tuesday or Wed 2 or 3 days prior and she did laundry that day as well. Did she only clean bed sheets? none had been slept in and the clothes hamper would be empty since BS & HS never changed clothes since Tuesday.)

IMO any DNA from anyone, especially family should not be found at 50 Old Colony Rd. Especially in the basement. It has been professionally cleaned and kept tidy for showings. The family have all said they rarely went to 50 OC. I am sure LE know the last dates and times each of them visited and what rooms they were in when they visited. IMO if any Sherman DNA other than BS or HS was found, it should be considered evidence and worth investigating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230