CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to imagine BS enjoying this, imo.
2011 rbibm.
BEN SPURR
''And then midway through his second interview, Frank passes over to the dark side.

One of the crew steps on the set’s curtain, bringing it crashing down. It’s the kind of thing that’s bound to happen when you cram a talk show set into a restaurant basement.

Taping stops while gaffers make repairs, and Frank unleashes a string of insults on the offending crewmember. Because Frank keeps a smile plastered to his face, at first it seems like good-natured ribbing. But nearly an hour later, he’s still telling the crew that he’s going to “Velcro your asses” and make them eat *advertiser censored*. He lashes out at the sound guy, the band, the people he can hear whispering backstage. He takes every lull in the on-air conversation as an opportunity to insult someone who works for him, all while trying very hard to pretend it’s just a joke. He repeatedly issues thinly veiled threats to kill the guy who stepped on the curtain.

It’s difficult to avoid the conclusion that Frank is drawing from a deep well of anger and insecurity, and that there’s plenty more where that came from. In a way it’s like Frank is the eighth grade bully who never grew up, or that the only two weapons in his social arsenal are obsequious charm and vengeful insults.

But that’s not how Frank sees it. He says he’s just having fun. After the show’s over he puts his arm around me and asks if I saw how well he held his composure after the crewmember stepped on the curtain. I choke on my reply.''
also in this article "
On April 21, 2009 he was acquitted on charges of raping a business associate’s 21-year-old daughter in a Yorkdale hotel room, but three weeks later he was photographed celebrating at his restaurant in the company of an OPP sergeant and two crown prosecutors.

D’Angelo and the sergeant, Michael Rutigliano, were charged with conspiring to obstruct justice in order to avoid prosecution on the sex assault charge. The two prosecutors were removed from active duty and one of them was named by police as an unindicted co-conspirator."

I wonder if BS knew about this. He had three daughters about the same age as the complainant

Does anyone else think that this could have something to do with Sam Mizrahi and the One Bloor project?

Dotr posted this years ago: In 2016, the Globe and Mail had an article about a court case he was involved in. In part of the lawsuit he said that in 2011 he had been threatened with violence in the basement of a house in the Bridle Path area, but they worked out an agreement. In part, the conflict involved his One Bloor project.

Prior to the fall of 2017 his deal for the One Bloor development was falling apart. Barry stepped in with over $60 million and brought in other investors, and an article in October mentioned his investment.

That may have bothered a few people, including FDA & Jonathon, imo. Sam’s links to Iran may also have angered some of Barry’s enemies because of the conflicts between Israel and Iran.

Hard to imagine BS enjoying this, imo.
2011 rbibm.
BEN SPURR
''And then midway through his second interview, Frank passes over to the dark side.

One of the crew steps on the set’s curtain, bringing it crashing down. It’s the kind of thing that’s bound to happen when you cram a talk show set into a restaurant basement.

Taping stops while gaffers make repairs, and Frank unleashes a string of insults on the offending crewmember. Because Frank keeps a smile plastered to his face, at first it seems like good-natured ribbing. But nearly an hour later, he’s still telling the crew that he’s going to “Velcro your asses” and make them eat *advertiser censored*. He lashes out at the sound guy, the band, the people he can hear whispering backstage. He takes every lull in the on-air conversation as an opportunity to insult someone who works for him, all while trying very hard to pretend it’s just a joke. He repeatedly issues thinly veiled threats to kill the guy who stepped on the curtain.

It’s difficult to avoid the conclusion that Frank is drawing from a deep well of anger and insecurity, and that there’s plenty more where that came from. In a way it’s like Frank is the eighth grade bully who never grew up, or that the only two weapons in his social arsenal are obsequious charm and vengeful insults.

But that’s not how Frank sees it. He says he’s just having fun. After the show’s over he puts his arm around me and asks if I saw how well he held his composure after the crewmember stepped on the curtain. I choke on my reply.''
That’s terrible! A few people have said Barry couldn’t read people properly, maybe he missed the red flags with Frank?

Or did Barry like his sketchy acquaintances?

Does anyone else think that this could have something to do with Sam Mizrahi and the One Bloor project?

Dotr posted this years ago: In 2016, the Globe and Mail had an article about a court case he was involved in. In part of the lawsuit he said that in 2011 he had been threatened with violence in the basement of a house in the Bridle Path area, but they worked out an agreement. In part, the conflict involved his One Bloor project.

Prior to the fall of 2017 his deal for the One Bloor development was falling apart. Barry stepped in with over $60 million and brought in other investors, and an article in October mentioned his investment.

That may have bothered a few people, including FDA & Jonathon, imo. Sam’s links to Iran may also have angered some of Barry’s enemies because of the conflicts between Israel and Iran.

Yes, I did.. and I am still questioning it........ Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

That’s terrible! A few people have said Barry couldn’t read people properly, maybe he missed the red flags with Frank?

Or did Barry like his sketchy acquaintances?
I immediately remembered what the lawyer who worked at Apotex said about Frank screaming at Barry in the office. This is awful behaviour.

Tortoise made some intriguing points in this post..

''BS was a threat to someone because of his wealth and influence on the political scene, he would be a threat to someone also wealthy and powerful but of different ideology, someone who is steering change at top level and needed this source of opposition eliminated. HS would be equally dangerous as BS' heir, she wasn't just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This rules out a pharmaceutical connection in my mind. It is someone who is also in the top 1% of the 1%, with authority and access to ex-military psychopathic quality personnel. I think it is political. This was efficient, quick and untraceable. I think police don't stand a chance of finding the culprit, there will be no trace. I don't think the PIs will solve it either, other than declaring it double murder.

The manner of death was to reduce them to nothing. It sounds as if they were left like sitting dogs with leashes on. More the process inflicted rather than the scene created.

That's as far as I'm going, I won't get into the political ideologies of the Shermans. As far as I'm concerned this was not the cousins or a spurned lover etc.''

To my understanding (don’t ask), a professional hit is, “in and out, no traces, nothing personal. once the job is confirmed completed, the hitmans responsibility is to exit immediately, and leave zero evidence”.
I guess it depends how psychotic the hitman is. If he’s twisted, he might toy or dramatize his victims. This all leaves an element of danger of leaving evidence. Maybe the hitman enjoys that thrill? There’s no doubt in my mind the body staging is significant to determine the mind set of the hitman, and the reason for the hit. Can one order a hitman with a sadistic flair? Or in the hitman world, do they have varying degrees of signatures? Or does their price reflect their expertise?
I think a financial or political hit is strictly in and out Ie coming out of work, a parking lot, getting out of his car at home etc.
Maybe once the hit is examined, it could be determined how expert this hit was, leading to the purchaser. In Barry’s world would his family have leads to a hired hitman? Would his friends? I say no to both, they wouldn’t be anything compared to a political Rolladex.
Why HS? Legal/financial reasons. Making a statement.
Why the house? Easiest place to get both at same time, to lessen the chance of the survivor to pony up with a security detail, make legal changes etc.
iMHO, both HS and BS were the problem, and it was important they both be taken out at same time, not just to add confusion to scenario, but for a real reason.
But…..the staging boggles my mind. It reeks of ”personal”
Was there someone else in the house unknown to anyone, waiting, or watching til the job was done? Or waiting to add their own message?

Tortoise made some intriguing points in this post..

''BS was a threat to someone because of his wealth and influence on the political scene, he would be a threat to someone also wealthy and powerful but of different ideology, someone who is steering change at top level and needed this source of opposition eliminated. HS would be equally dangerous as BS' heir, she wasn't just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This rules out a pharmaceutical connection in my mind. It is someone who is also in the top 1% of the 1%, with authority and access to ex-military psychopathic quality personnel. I think it is political. This was efficient, quick and untraceable. I think police don't stand a chance of finding the culprit, there will be no trace. I don't think the PIs will solve it either, other than declaring it double murder.

The manner of death was to reduce them to nothing. It sounds as if they were left like sitting dogs with leashes on. More the process inflicted rather than the scene created.

That's as far as I'm going, I won't get into the political ideologies of the Shermans. As far as I'm concerned this was not the cousins or a spurned lover etc.''
Well said! I agree, they’ll never solve this.

To my understanding (don’t ask), a professional hit is, “in and out, no traces, nothing personal. once the job is confirmed completed, the hitmans responsibility is to exit immediately, and leave zero evidence”.
I guess it depends how psychotic the hitman is. If he’s twisted, he might toy or dramatize his victims. This all leaves an element of danger of leaving evidence. Maybe the hitman enjoys that thrill? There’s no doubt in my mind the body staging is significant to determine the mind set of the hitman, and the reason for the hit. Can one order a hitman with a sadistic flair? Or in the hitman world, do they have varying degrees of signatures? Or does their price reflect their expertise?
I think a financial or political hit is strictly in and out Ie coming out of work, a parking lot, getting out of his car at home etc.
Maybe once the hit is examined, it could be determined how expert this hit was, leading to the purchaser. In Barry’s world would his family have leads to a hired hitman? Would his friends? I say no to both, they wouldn’t be anything compared to a political Rolladex.
Why HS? Legal/financial reasons. Making a statement.
Why the house? Easiest place to get both at same time, to lessen the chance of the survivor to pony up with a security detail, make legal changes etc.
iMHO, both HS and BS were the problem, and it was important they both be taken out at same time, not just to add confusion to scenario, but for a real reason.
But…..the staging boggles my mind. It reeks of ”personal”
Was there someone else in the house unknown to anyone, waiting, or watching til the job was done? Or waiting to add their own message?
I agree it seems personal, but it could be work personal or family personal.

I wouldn't know how to hire a hit, but I imagine someone in Barry's circle would.

I just don’t see any political link whatsoever. And I don’t see a hit due to one development project (ie the One Building).

This was a convoluted set up that required killing two people, handling two dead bodies, moving two dead bodies (maybe a long distance), conceiving of a tableau, and completing the tableau just so (including removing Barry’s belt and getting a second belt from upstairs). This is IMO time consuming, risky and bizarre —and highly unlikely to be done by a normal professional hit. Certainly the crime experts that have weighed in agree that this smacks of personal -not professional- murders.

It seems more like amateur hour, honestly. With either a lack of knowledge about hanging such that they thought that this might look like a murder suicide. Or the desire to create a tableau that had meaning for the murderer. Some kind of metaphor or message.

MOO the murderers didn’t have the ability to hang them from a true height such that it might have looked more like a murder suicide. If that was in fact their true intention one would think professionals could do it a lot better.

This leads me to continue to think that there was a non-professonal highly personal link to these murders. Also, we know that the police describe the estate as being embedded in the investigation.

I continue to be intrigued by KD’s reference in his Q&A to Portugal being one of the countries bandied about as a guess for the countries in which police are pursuing disclosure:

Tom23 MAY 2023

Kevin, one of the more intriguing details you have reported from the Police investigation is that they are currently awaiting financial transaction details from 5 countries. Can you give us your guess as to which 5 territories may be involved? Surely Israel is one of them, but do you think the list also includes tax havens such as the Cayman Islands?
1 REPLY 3 0

Reply by Kevin.

KevinM23 MAY 2023
Reply to Tom
Tom, I honestly don't know. Israel, the US, Portugal, various southern tax shelter companies, all names of countries that have been bandied about.

From that same Q&A:

Julie23 MAY 2023
Message Actions
Kevin - amazing work with this and am thoroughly enjoying this story. So, why do you think that the murder was not a “hit”, meaning you thought the killer(s) were known to Barry and Honey? I was curious about that and also why Jonathan disagreed with you. Can’t wait for more, thank you!
1 REPLY 1 0

Reply by Kevin.
  • KevinM23 MAY 2023
    Reply to Julie
    Julie, yes, Jonathon and I did discuss that. He seemed quite bemused when I brought it up. He said he assumed that whoever did it hired someone. It had, he said, not occurred to him that the person who wanted it done was personally involved.

And now that I’m on a roll, this is from that same Q&A:

1. E23 MAY 2023
    Message Actions
    Hi Kevin. I am interested in knowing if Doug Hendler, the lawyer who called Barry on Dec 13, had contacted either Barry or Honey previously. That information at the end of your podcast threw me for a loop. Any more details you have about DH or the Blaney law firm in regard to the Shermans is appreciated.
    1 REPLY 3 1

• Reply by Kevin.​

KevinM23 MAY 2023
      Reply to E
      E, that threw me for a loop too. It was only when I was going through my interviews for the podcast that I realized Aunt Mary had told me that Doug Hendler was somehow involved in their estate planning. Which I thought was always done by the Davies firm. Then when I twigged to that I remembered that Hendler called Barry at 9:01 pm that night, the night of the murders. And if the Hendler call is in the police files it is sealed. I only have it because a source let me see some of the call logs to Barry's phone. And then I looked at the police files that were unsealed and there are several emails Honey wrote (date not there but I think the Wednesday) to someone @Blaneys. But the police have sealed the name of the lawyers. I theorize that this was related to Honey wanting (and Barry agreeing) to give her $500 million, and she was then going to give her sister some. And I think this was all happening at that time.
      6 0

It is possible that the NW's leg limp, if real and not a ruse, could be related to a war leg injury of a soldier/militant/veteran for killing hire (mercenary/assassin/sabateur).

We seem to be going around in circles again. Having much the same discussions that occurred years ago.

"It is a disgruntled business associate(s), former contractors, Big Pharma, FDA, MS. JK, KW, and on and on."

I am confident that all the periphery individuals/suspects, have been fully investigated by the TPS, and been eliminated.
Remember the TPS has searched the world for evidence and clues.

Kevin Donavan has likely done thorough research as well
The TPS has stated, they have a good idea of what happened, and KD says he has a suspect in mind.

Some basic rules. (But not always 100% accurate)
1) Follow the money.
2) If parents are murdered in the family home, look to family.
3) Strangulation and staging are usually personal.
4) Follow the money.

If we believe that the Night Walker was involved, and was in the home at the time of the Sherman's deaths, a key question to ask is, 'did anybody let him in, or tell him how to enter the home?'

I believe the key is the identity and interrogation of the Night Walker and that is what we should be focused on.

Is he now in Canada, USA or Overseas?

MOO

We seem to be going around in circles again. Having much the same discussions that occurred years ago.

"It is a disgruntled business associate(s), former contractors, Big Pharma, FDA, MS. JK, KW, and on and on."

I am confident that all the periphery individuals/suspects, have been fully investigated by the TPS, and been eliminated.

The TPS has stated, they have a good idea of what happened, and KD says he has a suspect in mind.

1) Follow the money.
4) Follow the money.

If we believe that the Night Walker was involved, and was in the home at the time of the Sherman's deaths, a key question to ask is, 'did anybody let him in, or tell him how to enter the home?'

I believe the key is the identity and interrogation of the Night Walker and that is what we should be focused on.

MOO
Actually we can't find him. How should we? Sooo many enemies and one dark man walking in goose step.

1) Follow the money.
4) Follow the money.

MOO

I mentioned the old news about Sam Mizrahi because it takes on a different light with the new information we have about FDA, imo.

At the same time Barry sent FDA that email telling him that he had enough of his business losses and was going to end financing him, the story hit the press about Barry loaning Sam over $60 million for the One Bloor project. How did FDA take that news?

In the court records I noticed this about the WM:
5A2A4AFA-7AD2-48B2-9E4B-6B2A23D56E2A.png
7719D89B-A800-437A-ADA2-9877DC434569.png8D432EEA-E440-475B-B66B-0FDC70C47E91.jpeg
The words ‘one hour’ or ‘two hours’ possibly fit in the part I circled. IMO that possibly backs up KD’s opinion that the WM was at the home from 8:45-10:00-ish, so he made that Bannatyne walking loop caught on cctv in about two hours. (It’s about a 16 minute walk from 59 Bannatyne to 50 Old Colony, maybe slower due to the conditions).

My thoughts on NW... gait could be off due to bunions, ingrown toenail, polio as a child, football injury etc etc. Not necessarily military injury, but could be an avenue of thought. I doubt this bloke has any involvement.

A professional hit man, could do the job alone, then text the job is done, and monies electronically transferred. He then could allow whoever to have access to the house to do whatever they desired to do (post mortem). (The terms of agreement could include, "if the person doing the hiring arrived too early to do the staging, he too would also be killed".)

The hitman would remain anonymous, he could control the scene and ensure none of his evidence was left, and might garner more money. A professional hitman would not make it personal. He wouldn't care what happened to those bodies once his money was secured. He wouldn't be in there any longer than necessary, maybe 30 minutes?

The only way I can see the hit being accomplished by one person is that person had a weapon. Secured HS with zip ties, BS arrived next, he secured the zip ties by threatening to harm BS. Barry complied, both thinking they would get out of this alive. They didn't fight, why? At that age what did they have to lose, and I be they thought exactly that way. There had to be a weapon as a threat.
All these so called leaks to KD, really?? If so, why hasn't investigators or KD, thrown a bone to draw the individual to act out? Why hasn't there been a major leak or set up to make the person nervous? Eventually amateurs will make a fatal mistake and goof up, or talk. Ensuring the case does't get compromised is important or tossed out of court due to a slip up by LE, but I am sure someone has a wiley way of making people antsy... if you know what I mean.

I mentioned the old news about Sam Mizrahi because it takes on a different light with the new information we have about FDA, imo.

At the same time Barry sent FDA that email telling him that he had enough of his business losses and was going to end financing him, the story hit the press about Barry loaning Sam over $60 million for the One Bloor project. How did FDA take that news?

In the court records I noticed this about the WM:
View attachment 444349
View attachment 444350View attachment 444351
The words ‘one hour’ or ‘two hours’ possibly fit in the part I circled. IMO that possibly backs up KD’s opinion that the WM was at the home from 8:45-10:00-ish, so he made that Bannatyne walking loop caught on cctv in about two hours. (It’s about a 16 minute walk from 59 Bannatyne to 50 Old Colony, maybe slower due to the conditions).
I agree - there isn’t enough room for the word “minutes”. So it is likely 1 or 2 hours written there. Good sleuthing @Lexiintoronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper