CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe, I JUST had read it here on WS, that BK was friends with JS before he got to know Alex better. Otherwise I hadn't thought this way.
Doesn't really matter; I'm wrong so often, it seems. :(
There is so much information, it is easy to get stuff wrong or mixed up. I find myself going back and forth rereading information and still get confused.

I am sorry. Jon Sherman and Brad Krawczyk were close. I would say that for the past 12 months that has changed. I know someone who was at an event and both JS and BK attended.
They did not speak to each other the entire evening. I have now heard through the grapevine that they are definitely not friends any more.
That is interesting. Do we know if BK is still a trustee or working for Sherfam.

I believe, I JUST had read it here on WS, that BK was friends with JS before he got to know Alex better. Otherwise I hadn't thought this way.
Doesn't really matter; I'm wrong so often, it seems. :(
I too have read more than once that BK was JS friend and he introduced Alex to BK? Searching now where that was written or posted.

Nov 17 2023
''Toronto police homicide detectives probing the Barry and Honey Sherman murders have executed a new search warrant in the case.''

''According to his interview statement, told police that on the day Sherman died, he had asked Hendler to discharge a small private mortgage he held on a property owned by an old business colleague, Stanley Lubinsky. According to a police interview with Lubinsky in 2018, Sherman had graciously offered to structure the payback of the mortgage so that Lubinsky maintained some equity in the home. (Sherman reduced the amount to which he normally would have been entitled.)
Hendler said he knew nothing about the mortgage, but reached out to Sherman the night of the murders to seek details. A telephone log included in the police documents reveals Hendler’s call was made to Sherman’s BlackBerry at 9:01 p.m., but Sherman was likely dead or restrained by that time.''

''The unsealed portion of the recent search warrant documents also includes information related to other Barry Sherman investments, and to people who worked directly on Sherman’s investments at his holding company, Sherfam.
Among those mentioned in the unsealed portion are the man who ran (and still does) Sherfam, Alex Glasenberg. More than half of Glasenberg’s statement to police is sealed. In one section, Glasenberg tells police that Sherfam was invested in up to 30 companies.''
A mortgage discharge is a signed document from the lender indicating that the mortgage contract has been fulfilled. Discharging the mortgage ends the lender's legal claim to your property. (Thus, the borrower would most likely be happy with this.) Since the call was not about HS's will or a change to BS's will, are we back again to square one?

KD thinks the NW is a lookout, but we don’t know why.

Does it seem unlikely that a person of small stature would kill two people on his own? Without a gun? How would he bind Honey’s wrists for example? Wouldn’t that be hard to do reliably by one person without clunking her over the head (for example), and without risk she could get away or get a phone call off? Especially when Barry was right on her heels coming home? It’s a small window of time that the killer(s) was with Honey without Barry. I believe that the killer(s) knew it was a small window— meaning they knew Barry was going to be home early/en route home.
Maybe because whoever he thinks directly did it may be taller than the NW.
Some tall people are JS, KW, FDA, AP, etc.
Some short people are FM, JK, AG, etc.

Since the call was not about HS's will or a change to BS's will, are we back again to square one?
This was exactly my thought / concern. Although we also know that Honey was communicating with Blaneys a lot around that time, which seems unlikely to be related to this mortgage discharge. It’s possible both things are true, and the timing of the call re: the mortgage discharge is simply a coincidence as it relates to the murders.

In some ways, it seems unlikely that -if the murderer(s) knew about the call- they would plan to be there at that *exact* time. For example, what if the meeting switched to in-person at the last minute? So the call timing could well be a coincidence and not a trigger.

These petty loans could also be relevant to motive in a different way:

It could rankle some people that their loans were being called while many 10s of millions were going to the house and possibly to MS.

Perceived unfairness —or even cruelty? MOO

Re a new theory of the case based on this last warrant. It seems unlikely to me that the murderers are one of these small potato lenders:

1. First because (given what we know with this one mortgage) Barry seemed to be giving favourable terms/discounts. If he’s dead, who is to say anyone else would provide such a deal. Which brings me to my next point:

2. The loans do not die with Barry and Honey. They’re documented (and Barry has a whole staff devoted to stuff like this), meaning murdering Barry and Honey doesn’t solve the problem/erase the debt. Only a very foolish person would think the loan would disappear on their deaths.

3. Why kill Honey??

A mortgage discharge is a signed document from the lender indicating that the mortgage contract has been fulfilled. Discharging the mortgage ends the lender's legal claim to your property. (Thus, the borrower would most likely be happy with this.) Since the call was not about HS's will or a change to BS's will, are we back again to square one?
I can’t imagine that BS and HS needed to be together and at home to take a call from a lawyer regarding a small mortgage that Barry held on a former coworkers property. What relevance would this be to HS? Also, HS mentioned IIRC at the meeting at Barry’s office earlier that day HS had said that BS has to be home earlier than normal that night. But in the Star article it sounds like this call wasn’t scheduled, but Hendler says he just called BS to get details on the mortgage.
I think the call was scheduled with BS and HS for 9pm, and that’s whyhe had to be home early, and I think it was to discuss their Wills. As an add on, Hendler was going to use the call to also ask about the mortgage details. I bet LE does not want the true reason of the call (Wills) to be disclosed, and so the documentation that has been released has been redacted where required to hide that fact. Even possibly Hendler felt that in his interview with LE that disclosing the Will discussion would breach his privilege obligations, so he only mentioned the inconsequential mortgage discharge. MOO

Questions for those involved with Canadian Law Enforcement and others on this forum.
-What is the probability that the NW had a cell phone with him that evening?
-If he had a cell phone, could he have called somebody, either before or after he did his work?
-Since the time period is relatively small, would it be possible to check nearby cell-towers for pings?
-Most phones would be easily identifiable, but if there were pings from burner or other types of secure devices, that should raise red flags, with one possibly being the NW's.
- It could be possible to identify where these unidentified phones made contact and possibly if the speaker spoke in a
foreign language.

Questions for those involved with Canadian Law Enforcement and others on this forum.
-What is the probability that the NW had a cell phone with him that evening?
-If he had a cell phone, could he have called somebody, either before or after he did his work?
-Since the time period is relatively small, would it be possible to check nearby cell-towers for pings?
-Most phones would be easily identifiable, but if there were pings from burner or other types of secure devices, that should raise red flags, with one possibly being the NW's.
- It could be possible to identify where these unidentified phones made contact and possibly if the speaker spoke in a
foreign language.
Not involved with LE, but adding this refresher link fwiw..

''Newly released documents reveal that within a few months of the murders, homicide detectives developed the belief that the “walking man” with an odd gait captured on several home security camera systems in the neighbourhood was the killer. Detectives hoped they would find an electronic trace of the walking man, perhaps in cellular communication with someone else, though police had no visual evidence the walking man was using a cellphone.
But Yim told court that police failed to come up with any relevant information when they compared the “tower dumps” to those 300 cellphone numbers. Nor did they have success in comparing it with some other information they had gathered from a production order served somewhere outside Canada. Police will not say which country was involved or what the information was. Yim said there is still a second out-of-country production order served a year ago and they still await the results.
Now, Yim told court during cross-examination, police are focusing their efforts elsewhere.
“The investigation has gone on to a different phase,” said Yim, but he did not describe what he meant. The documents show police have received two batches of information, apparently from people they had previously interviewed. The pages describing that information are completely redacted (even the headings), and police say to reveal this would hurt their probe by revealing “persons of interest.”

It was my understanding that Honey was to receive a windfall from her husband in the near future, at the time of their deaths, and from that windfall, Mary was somehow expecting, or had been promised by Honey (??) that Honey would then give most or all of it to Mary (that seems hard to believe - if H was to receive say $500,000,000 (half a BILLION), would she really then hand it all, or even $300,000,000 over to her sister??). It wasn't my understanding that Mary was simply being written into Honey's will for that amount. MS told KD her family is broke, no money for curtains, etc... Honey putting her sister into her will isn't going to help MS's curtain dilemma....... at least until Honey dies, if she was merely being left that money upon H's death - which could conceivably not have happened for 15 years or so. It was my understanding that MS mentioned this 'gift' from Honey to the Sherman children in the hopes they would honour their mother's reported wishes to do that for her sister, but instead, they put MS in their black book. imo.
RIP dear deugirtni, you will be missed.
Bling-flower GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYBling-flower GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY400 × 500

Bling-flower GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY​

Visit
Images may be subject to copyright. Learn More

Re a new theory of the case based on this last warrant. It seems unlikely to me that the murderers are one of these small potato lenders:

1. First because (given what we know with this one mortgage) Barry seemed to be giving favourable terms/discounts. If he’s dead, who is to say anyone else would provide such a deal. Which brings me to my next point:

2. The loans do not die with Barry and Honey. They’re documented (and Barry has a whole staff devoted to stuff like this), meaning murdering Barry and Honey doesn’t solve the problem/erase the debt. Only a very foolish person would think the loan would disappear on their deaths.

3. Why kill Honey??
It would be highly unusual and almost unprecedented for a bank to order a murder.

What continues to baffle me is the assertion that the killer had access to the Sherman’s’ calendars. How many people could that actually be? One would think if this were true they would have solved this by now. Isn’t it more likely that they were just being watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8