CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A mortgage discharge is a signed document from the lender indicating that the mortgage contract has been fulfilled. Discharging the mortgage ends the lender's legal claim to your property. (Thus, the borrower would most likely be happy with this.) Since the call was not about HS's will or a change to BS's will, are we back again to square one?

I think don’t think we’re back at square one even if DH wasn’t calling to discuss a possible will, imo.

To me this means the murders may have been about a discharge of a mortgage or mortgages Barry held for a property or properties owned by someone that was close to Barry and Honey. Imagine if Barry wanted to pull the financing and the person wasn’t able to obtain a regular mortgage? Or if he wanted to recall the full amount he was entitled to and they’d be left with almost nothing?

When Jonathon’s ex-boyfriend AL got into a real estate mess with properties Barry financed, Mary and Honey became involved. In the court records AL said Mary was angry with him regarding a home and when he spoke to Barry on the phone about it he could hear Honey yelling in the background.

Also, KW said it was Honey that began asking difficult questions about his business Barry was funding.

Just speculation, but what if Doug H. also was in the loop about the mortgage discharges on Jonathon’s and Adam’s businesses? Alex G. was involved. It would make sense if Barry told Doug H. to expect that work. Adam and Jonathon both promised that they were working on obtaining mortgages and Barry needed that cash within a few weeks of the murders.

It starts at 29:27
Just heard new interview (short) with KD on Toronto radio this morning. Highlights are:
- Warrant was for a search of a property in Toronto
- warrant was executed in Dec 2022
- warrant yielded 14,000 electronic files
- in the past year, LE has reviewed only 330 of these files. So at that rate it will be about 3 more years before they are all reviewed. LE has said they will "try and go faster" next year
- KD believes LE has a theory of the case. He believes it is the same theory that he has
- KD believes the LE theory is the "obvious theory". Those 2 words are his exact words

RIP Deugirtni. You will be missed.

Thank you for posting that, it’s informative.

I don’t understand why if they received a lot of data that they don’t put more officers on the task. But there may be good reasons. Maybe only a few officers are cleared to work on the case, or they cannot justify pulling resources that are needed for other cases?

And one important part you mentioned is that KD believes this is still related to the “obvious theory”, and to me that means that JS and AP are possibly connected to the warrant, imo.

If Doug H. was actively working on discharging mortgages held by Barry and Sherfam it would make sense he’d be working on preparing to discharge the loans to Hour Holdings, imo. (Speculation.)

Whoa!!!

There is a person by that name on Facebook and it says he goes to Durham college. In the substack page he created he says he's the NW and innocent.

I wonder how tall he is. I have to say, I think I believe him and if what he says is true, how bad is TPS going to look if he was really in the area for the reasons he gave? Didn't they call him the killer?

Edit #2: KD would also have egg all over his face since he keeps calling him the lookout. His credibility would also take a hit.
He has since posted more and I'm going to retract my comment about believing him.

I don’t understand why if they received a lot of data that they don’t put more officers on the task. But there may be good reasons. Maybe only a few officers are cleared to work on the case, or they cannot justify pulling resources that are needed for other cases?
It’s also possible that the police knew what they were looking for and focused on that. Some of the other 10,000+ documents may have been captured in the seizure but may not necessarily be on point or as material. In other words, we can’t assume the TPS is slow and delinquent; they could also be smart and selective. Or not. We don’t know. MOO

I think don’t think we’re back at square one even if DH wasn’t calling to discuss a possible will, imo.

To me this means the murders may have been about a discharge of a mortgage or mortgages Barry held for a property or properties owned by someone that was close to Barry and Honey. Imagine if Barry wanted to pull the financing and the person wasn’t able to obtain a regular mortgage? Or if he wanted to recall the full amount he was entitled to and they’d be left with almost nothing?

When Jonathon’s ex-boyfriend AL got into a real estate mess with properties Barry financed, Mary and Honey became involved. In the court records AL said Mary was angry with him regarding a home and when he spoke to Barry on the phone about it he could hear Honey yelling in the background.

Also, KW said it was Honey that began asking difficult questions about his business Barry was funding.

Just speculation, but what if Doug H. also was in the loop about the mortgage discharges on Jonathon’s and Adam’s businesses? Alex G. was involved. It would make sense if Barry told Doug H. to expect that work. Adam and Jonathon both promised that they were working on obtaining mortgages and Barry needed that cash within a few weeks of the murders.
I agree with a lot of this. Can i say one thing in defence of HS.
I consider mine and my husbands earnings ours. We are a team. While BS was working long hours HS was doing her share running their house and raising their kids.
If my husband was giving OUR money away i would absolutely want to be involved. If i felt like we were throwing money away, i would speak my mind. KW has a nerve saying H would question him about what he was doing with the money BS was giving them. I would be doing the same. She, from what i have read asked her own kids the same questions.

I consider mine and my husbands earnings ours. We are a team. While BS was working long hours HS was doing her share running their house and raising their kids.
If my husband was giving OUR money away i would absolutely want to be involved. If i felt like we were throwing money away, i would speak my mind. KW has a nerve saying H would question him about what he was doing with the money BS was giving them. I would be doing the same. She, from what i have read asked her own kids the same questions.

I agree with you, I think Honey was the voice of reason when it came to some of Barry’s questionable investments. I completely understand why she spoke up and became involved with KW, especially. I think she was right.

I didn’t word it very well. I think Honey was in the loop and had some input into some Sherfam investments that were either withdrawn or were given notice that they were about to be withdrawn, imo. I’m trying to understand what it may have been that made Honey the target in addition to Barry if the police are scrutinizing Sherfam.

She wasn’t involved with Apotex, but maybe her name is intertwined in the Sherfam data the police obtained.

Let's not forget that BS and JK together built up APOTEX into the multi-billion dollar company that it became.

"Apotex in 1970 was a small operation, indeed far smaller than what Jack had left behind in Montreal with ICN. But Jack Kay was a very effective salesperson with what might be called impressive interpersonal skills. He and Barry Sherman built that business into the giant that it eventually became. Barry was the tech guy and possessed a gift in his ability to deal with patents, their validity and indeed, litigating about their validity. Yet with all of his strengths, Barry Sherman needed a guy like Jack Kay to make the sales. In fact, Jack could do what Barry could not. From a small company, Apotex grew to employ thousands, an accomplishment beyond Jack’s wildest dreams. When I asked someone in the pharmaceutical industry, a competitor in fact, who knew both Barry and Jack, his comment was that Barry never could have made Apotex the entity that it became without Jack Kay. In fact, Barry used to say about Jack Kay that Jack was the brother he never had. The two of them had their offices next to one another with a corridor separating them, so close that they used to yell at one another in Yiddish. Perhaps it was the “mamaloshen” that built Apotex, a business that has become dominant in the generic drug industry in Canada."

Last edited:
My boss once told us employees, that he is a millionaire, even when nobody would know, but his wife would always have a big interest in controlling him re spending money like speculating on the stock market. He laughed amused, when he said it. He was proud of his wealth and proud of his stingy wife, one could notice.
I don't think, he ever allowed himself to be restricted in making money. :)

I agree with you, I think Honey was the voice of reason when it came to some of Barry’s questionable investments. I completely understand why she spoke up and became involved with KW, especially. I think she was right.

I didn’t word it very well. I think Honey was in the loop and had some input into some Sherfam investments that were either withdrawn or were given notice that they were about to be withdrawn, imo. I’m trying to understand what it may have been that made Honey the target in addition to Barry if the police are scrutinizing Sherfam.

She wasn’t involved with Apotex, but maybe her name is intertwined in the Sherfam data the police obtained.
I agree that some knowledge/involvement by HS may have existed for selective Sherfam investments- particularly related to investments and loans involving family members or close friends. I know from personal knowledge that HS had no knowledge of at least one significant Sherfam investment that did not involve family or friends of the Shermans.

If her knowledge was primarily limited to deals with family/friends, might this suggest that the potential killer(s) were more likely to have come from this group? After all, why murder HS otherwise? (excluding of course religious reasons, or some other personal hatred of the Shermans)

Last edited:
Wow—huge revelations!

The Star previously has said the police believe Honey and Barry were murdered between 9:00-12:00. This is the last sentence from the article you linked: ‘They were murdered between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Dec. 13.
IMO - I am assuming LE have the NW approaching and leaving on cameras and lose him for those 2 hours At the Sherman property line.

I don't believe BK had anything to do with these crimes.
I think he knows a lot. I also believe, he has only in the last year or so started to believe his wife may be correct in her thinking about JS.
Interesting you say wife, not ex wife, many have shared they are now divorced, are they divorced and now reconciled? That would be nice. The whole family has been torn apart, she deserves someone who will support her. The dynamic of the three (JS,AK, BK) being close and friends must have been horrible to deal with once AK had her suspicions.

Thank you for posting that, it’s informative.

And one important part you mentioned is that KD believes this is still related to the “obvious theory”, and to me that means that JS and AP are possibly connected to the warrant, imo.

If Doug H. was actively working on discharging mortgages held by Barry and Sherfam it would make sense he’d be working on preparing to discharge the loans to Hour Holdings, imo. (Speculation.)
Or maybe not discharge Hour Holdings, BS was still asking them to get mortgageS, I recall JS reported he paid back to Sherfam
the loans in full with his first estate payout.

Or maybe not discharge Hour Holdings, BS was still asking them to get mortgageS, I recall JS reported he paid back to Sherfam
the loans in full with his first estate payout.

I was thinking more about the days and weeks prior to the murders that Doug H. may have contacted JS and AP about representing Barry in Sherfam’s part in discharging the loans. Alex G. was in the loop, it would make sense that Doug H. may have been, imo. (Speculation). If Doug was involved, that may have escalated Barry’s demand for repayment.

Doug H. played a part in the 2008 Steelback bankruptcy that involved JS.

0945C5E5-79D1-4952-90AD-42D4FDC075BE.png

Part of JS’s affidavit:
448C06A3-B955-4907-96FC-92B53BA224E5.png

Interesting you say wife, not ex wife, many have shared they are now divorced, are they divorced and now reconciled? That would be nice. The whole family has been torn apart, she deserves someone who will support her. The dynamic of the three (JS,AK, BK) being close and friends must have been horrible to deal with once AK had her suspicions.
Sorry, i meant x wife. UGH!!! I feel so bad for disappointing you.
They are still very close friends. They apparently have a lovely friendship.

So KD said the "obvious theory" are we safe to say in his mind the obvious theory is JS and AP?

I have said from day one the I have always had an uneasy feeling about AP. Just a hunch but I still say it is very odd that there is no "talk" in the news or even in redacted documents about AP. Is this all being kept secret by the police and KD because there is a lot to say about him? JMO

AB posted the court documents on her substack post: Questions about the Barry and Honey Sherman case: Part 7

I noticed this detail on previous affidavits. Blood on both victims is mentioned, but KD said only Honey had blood on her face from a laceration and possible nose bleed. KD wrote that there was also a blood smear in the railing. If there was blood on Barry that was Honey’s maybe that played a part in the m/s theory? The pattern and location of blood would also be important.

1701019283032.jpeg

A long time ago KD quoted a police affidavit that said unsealing the affidavits and revealing the names of the POIs may cause the killer(s) to destroy evidence. What evidence might the killer(s) keep? My guesses would be something of value, something that implicates another person, or something that would look suspicious if it were suddenly gone (something valuable from the home, for example). This part of the records goes into more detail:

51D214E6-8578-448E-BB59-BAD4C7E91567.jpeg

Not new information, but people have been implicated by witness statements:

1701021536163.jpeg

MLAT and ‘target entity’. Is it possible the information the police are looking for in foreign countries traced back to Sherfam in Toronto, which resulted in police trying to obtain this warrant? (Speculation).

1701021997801.jpeg

Attachments

• 1701020182158.jpeg
    1701020182158.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors