CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the info.
My original question related to the obligations of the PI team. Do they have to disclose potential evidence to either the lawyer that engaged them; or to the police?
It is a good question. If hired by the lawyers their work might be covered by the same principles. I don’t know if there is a specific obligation on PIs or even people generally on this issue.

There is more guidance about the lawyer’s role here:

Sep 3 2024!
By Kevin DonovanChief Investigative Reporter
Does anyone have a gift article or link to the full article? It’s paywalled.

Edit : Thank you friends. Interesting article for sure.

Last edited:
No idea about PI obligations. Might be online somewhere.
PI are hired investigators, they are regular citizens and have no legal rights like police or lawyers. However a PI is bound by the same confidentiality laws as they follow.

Evidence Gathering: What a PI Can Legally Do​

Now that we’ve established the boundaries, you might think, “So, how exactly do private investigators obtain their information?” Great question!

Private investigators have a range of legal powers and expertise that help them perform their roles efficiently. Here are some of the main things a private investigator can do within the confines of Canadian law:

I believe Honey (possibly Barry too) had been to a family lawyer to amend a will ? after the birth of a new grandchild.

If Torkin Manes is at Yonge/St Clair, it is probably him she saw.
They aren’t there. They are at Richmond and Yonge.
The lawyer at St Clair is the same one that is a friend and was involved with ownership of the Florida condo

Updated 1 hr ago

The plastic bag.. is one of the creepier details in today's TS article, imo.
Apparently LE suspected that the mottling on HS's face, might be the result of having a plastic bag put on her face to prevent blood from getting on the killer's clothing and areas in the house.

Also, LE thought that HS was murdered on the main floor and moved to the basement.

Updated 1 hr ago

The plastic bag.. is one of the creepier details in today's TS article, imo.
Apparently LE suspected that the mottling on HS's face, might be the result of having a plastic bag put on her face to prevent blood from getting on the killer's clothing and areas in the house.

Also, LE thought that HS was murdered on the main floor and moved to the basement.

There was one blood smear on the railing, according to KD’s previous articles. He saw the crime scene photos. So the killer took the wrist bindings and possibly a plastic bag that had been placed on Honey’s face.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
What if Barry hired someone to kill Honey but then the killer wanted to erase Barry as a witness and killed him, too?

Or the killer thought that murdering Honey would solve some of Barry’s problems. When Barry arrived home he was horrified instead of grateful. So he killed Barry as well.

Long stretch on my part, I know. The police said both were targeted.

Re: the Star article, I think it’s sad that this information about the Shermans’ issues is being made public. This might explain why Honey was in contact with Torkin Manes (who practice family law). Was a separation coming? Did the kids know this? Separation would have most likely left Honey with a lot more than $500 million. She likely would have theoretically been transferred roughly half the accumulated wealth between the two of them, to control as she wished, by way of propety equalization, unless they agreed otherwise.
Things like this make me never want to email or text anything! It does make me feel uneasy reading about this and it shows how much dysfunction there was in that household. I had always been suspicious of how the kids felt about Honey and to know that Barry felt the same way makes it sound like a very unhealthy home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back