CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Barry rejected the offer for other reasons than the offer being $200,000.00 under asking.

Remember in Ontario the vendor can legally refuse any offer, even if it meets the asking price.

Let's not get hung up on the $200 grand shortfall, that makes Barry look miserly.
He could have rejected the offer because of the closing date requested by the purchaser.
He could have rejected the offer because it was conditional on the purchaser getting financing.
He could have rejected the offer because the purchaser wanted Barry to take back a second mortgage.
These are just a few reasons why offers are rejected.

I like you thought it was a rejection of the offer? The quote is specific to the under asking and mentions no other reason so I do think the other possible rejection reasons are why he balked.

I also now see that it did not say he rejected the offer, it states he was disappointed? that is interesting wording, Curious, would the Sherman's not have counter offered?

''Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017
Barry Sherman was disappointed. A $6.7 million offer had just come in for their house at 50 Old Colony Rd., $200,000 under the asking price.''

I agree, but from my understanding, what is important in the case of parricide is whether the offender considered B and H as parental figures or not and whether the offender has unmet parental expectations (ex. love, care, money) toward the victims.
Quite right, it is more about who views the Shermans as parental figures as opposed to who the Shermans regard as family.
Not too much info. concerning children born to surrogates who grow up to kill the parents, but maybe there is a correlation between kids who came to equate money with love and attention, growing up to be angry and demanding of more? speculation, imo, fwiw.
Maybe there is a subconscious/innate feeling of insecurity or resent that comes with the circumstances as indicated in the article?, rbbm.imo, speculation, imo.

''Only the surrogate mother can change her mind and withdraw from the agreement at any time. She could, for example, have an abortion, or decide to keep the child, without the risk of being sued by the intended parents.''

"This is really important because currently, there are children who find themselves without legal protection," explained Jolin-Barrette at a news conference Thursday.

He gave the hypothetical of intended parents at odds with the surrogate mother in the eighth month of pregnancy and who then want "nothing more to do with the child."

"The child, at the moment, is not protected. There is no guarantee for him. (...) That is why it is necessary to establish a framework, as we are, very clearly, to protect the child and to protect the surrogate mother."

By: Joyce Lupiani 2021 rbbm.
''According to a 2019 study, parricide is the rarest type of murder.
The FBI said in 2017 that parricide accounts for about 2% of all homicide cases.''

''Parricide is also predominately committed by adult, middle-class, white males without any history of prior criminal acts. Parricides committed by females is very rare.

Additionally, parricides offenders are usually younger than the age of 30 but over the age of 18. And, there is usually some history of mental illness.''

''Also, difficult relationships between parents and the offender are a common precursor of parricide.

A study in 2008 showed that daughters are more likely than sons to murder biological mothers and stepfathers.

There are three types of parricide offenders: severely abused, mentally ill and dangerously antisocial.

Dangerously antisocial individuals usually kill their parents because they see them as an obstacle to a goal or desire.''

Last edited:
View attachment 392013
Published Jan. 14, 2022
''A cache of unsealed documents related to the murder of Barry and Honey Sherman is revealing new details about the investigation into the deaths of the Toronto billionaire couple, including an interview with one relative who believes "someone was making a statement" in their killings.
The documents (known as ITOs or information to obtain submissions), although heavily redacted, shed new light on the lengths investigators have taken over the last four years to catch the person or persons responsible.
That includes Toronto police going through the phone data of hundreds of people who were connected to the couple at the time, in an effort to geographically link them to a suspect identified by investigators last month who was seen on surveillance video.
The video, released on Dec. 14, shows an unknown person near the Shermans' multi-million dollar North York property during the same timeframe in which their murders took place in December of 2017.''

FWIW—KD believes this image was taken around 10:30pm and it was from a camera mounted on a garage.

From what I understand, the NW suspect is on the north side of Bannatyne, close to Beaverhall (where the Shermans lived prior to Old Colony) facing traffic, walking in a s-e direction towards Leslie, according to the Star.

B89AC726-6095-4D57-98D7-672CA2A792E9.jpegDC796A37-1EF6-482D-9417-9201F0C1D024.jpeg

Google map images. One possible route of NW suspect.

This is a current bus schedule for the Bannatyne bus. The last two westbound buses at Beaverhall & Bannatyne are at 10:08 & 10:35 pm. So the bus likely passed the person, facing them, unless they boarded it or changed direction, imo. Bus Route 115 Silver Hills Westbound
If they boarded the bus they’d change direction and would be travelling westbound, but the bus goes in a loop and would quickly return them going s-e towards Leslie again.

5F49D3A5-5966-4562-B5D2-3091F54783FE.jpeg

No idea if a bus was involved, I’m just throwing it out there because KD places the suspect on Bannatyne at the time of the last bus of the night on that route.

* please correct me if you think I have it wrong(!!)

Quite right, it is more about who views the Shermans as parental figures as opposed to who the Shermans regard as family.
Not too much info. concerning children born to surrogates who grow up to kill the parents, but maybe there is a correlation between kids who came to equate money with love and attention, growing up to be angry and demanding of more? speculation, imo, fwiw.
Maybe there is a subconscious/innate feeling of insecurity or resent that comes with the circumstances as indicated in the article?, rbbm.imo, speculation, imo.

''Only the surrogate mother can change her mind and withdraw from the agreement at any time. She could, for example, have an abortion, or decide to keep the child, without the risk of being sued by the intended parents.''

"This is really important because currently, there are children who find themselves without legal protection," explained Jolin-Barrette at a news conference Thursday.

He gave the hypothetical of intended parents at odds with the surrogate mother in the eighth month of pregnancy and who then want "nothing more to do with the child."

"The child, at the moment, is not protected. There is no guarantee for him. (...) That is why it is necessary to establish a framework, as we are, very clearly, to protect the child and to protect the surrogate mother."

By: Joyce Lupiani 2021 rbbm.
''According to a 2019 study, parricide is the rarest type of murder.
The FBI said in 2017 that parricide accounts for about 2% of all homicide cases.''

''Parricide is also predominately committed by adult, middle-class, white males without any history of prior criminal acts. Parricides committed by females is very rare.

Additionally, parricides offenders are usually younger than the age of 30 but over the age of 18. And, there is usually some history of mental illness.''

''Also, difficult relationships between parents and the offender are a common precursor of parricide.

A study in 2008 showed that daughters are more likely than sons to murder biological mothers and stepfathers.

There are three types of parricide offenders: severely abused, mentally ill and dangerously antisocial.

Dangerously antisocial individuals usually kill their parents because they see them as an obstacle to a goal or desire.''
That’s very interesting.

I’ve always wondered who the biological mother, or mothers, of the 3 youngest children is, or are, but I hope that remains private unless they choose to discuss it. Imagine you’ve lost both parents at a fairly young age but your biological mother may be out there somewhere.

The people who lived across the street are the ones who had video cameras but the police never collected the tape, correct? I wonder if the people ever viewed it themselves. If I recall correctly it would have been over-written after 7 days.

The people who lived across the street are the ones who had video cameras but the police never collected the tape, correct? I wonder if the people ever viewed it themselves. If I recall correctly it would have been over-written after 7 days.

Seems to be. They had several cameras focused on their property that caught part of the Sherman’s home. They let KD see the footage from Thursday’s cctv. He saw the unknown Thursday morning visitor who went back and forth to the front door for a total of 29 minutes, but they couldn’t tell if he actually entered the property.

I asked KD if he saw Wednesday’s cctv but he didn’t respond.

He previously reported the neighbours didn’t look at Wednesday’s video prior to handing it over to police. No one knew what day they had died at that point and they only thought Thursday’s and Friday’s videos were relevant.

I like you thought it was a rejection of the offer? The quote is specific to the under asking and mentions no other reason so I do think the other possible rejection reasons are why he balked.

I also now see that it did not say he rejected the offer, it states he was disappointed? that is interesting wording, Curious, would the Sherman's not have counter offered?

''Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017
Barry Sherman was disappointed. A $6.7 million offer had just come in for their house at 50 Old Colony Rd., $200,000 under the asking price.''
Maybe, not being disappointed had paved the way to give his home away. He didn't like to leave it, afaik. Each reason, to be against the selling, would be a good reason in his mind, I think. Poor wealthy man.

Seems to be. They had several cameras focused on their property that caught part of the Sherman’s home. They let KD see the footage from Thursday’s cctv. He saw the unknown Thursday morning visitor who went back and forth to the front door for a total of 29 minutes, but they couldn’t tell if he actually entered the property.

I asked KD if he saw Wednesday’s cctv but he didn’t respond.

He previously reported the neighbours didn’t look at Wednesday’s video prior to handing it over to police. No one knew what day they had died at that point and they only thought Thursday’s and Friday’s videos were relevant.
If they hadn't or couldn't save the footage somehow, I wonder if it was too late for KD to see it. He wasn't on the case in the very beginning but was brought in later, I'm not sure if it was days or weeks. Wednesday's may have been over-written.

If they hadn't or couldn't save the footage somehow, I wonder if it was too late for KD to see it. He wasn't on the case in the very beginning but was brought in later, I'm not sure if it was days or weeks. Wednesday's may have been over-written.
All the relevant cctv footage was handed over to the police, thankfully.

‘Finally, a detective arrived to take a copy of the previous seven days of video just before the couple left on their trip. The couple had viewed some of the video and had noticed that on the Thursday, the day before the bodies were discovered and one day after the Shermans were last seen alive, a dark, four-door car drove west on Old Colony Road at 9:11 a.m., and parked on the street out front of the Sherman residence. They watched the grainy footage as a man got out of the car, and walked back and forth to the Sherman front door.

The couple recorded the time codes and in total the man appeared to enter the house three times, for a total of 29 minutes inside the house. Finally, he returned to his car and drove off west. The couple could not make out the man's face or the licence and style of car.

It is possible, say others who later saw the video, that the man only stood outside the door, not entering the Sherman house. The couple never thought to look at the Wednesday video, which presumably shows when the Shermans arrived home and if anyone was following them. Still, they thought the Thursday video was important. As news reports had revealed to them, the Shermans were dead in the basement at that time.’

All the relevant cctv footage was handed over to the police, thankfully.

‘Finally, a detective arrived to take a copy of the previous seven days of video just before the couple left on their trip. The couple had viewed some of the video and had noticed that on the Thursday, the day before the bodies were discovered and one day after the Shermans were last seen alive, a dark, four-door car drove west on Old Colony Road at 9:11 a.m., and parked on the street out front of the Sherman residence. They watched the grainy footage as a man got out of the car, and walked back and forth to the Sherman front door.

The couple recorded the time codes and in total the man appeared to enter the house three times, for a total of 29 minutes inside the house. Finally, he returned to his car and drove off west. The couple could not make out the man's face or the licence and style of car.

It is possible, say others who later saw the video, that the man only stood outside the door, not entering the Sherman house. The couple never thought to look at the Wednesday video, which presumably shows when the Shermans arrived home and if anyone was following them. Still, they thought the Thursday video was important. As news reports had revealed to them, the Shermans were dead in the basement at that time.’
Thanks, Lexi! Was this the NW or did they figure out who he was? Sorry, so many details!

That’s very interesting.

I’ve always wondered who the biological mother, or mothers, of the 3 youngest children is, or are, but I hope that remains private unless they choose to discuss it. Imagine you’ve lost both parents at a fairly young age but your biological mother may be out there somewhere.
I believe they are all biologically BS & HS children, I believe HS could not carry another child and JS was an early "test tube" embryo pregnancy's in Canada, long before IVF came in full force. Then locate a surrogate to carry the fertilized egg. This is my understanding but could be inaccurate.

I am still looking for the article I read mentioning that JS was one of Canada's first.

I believe they are all biologically BS & HS children, I believe HS could not carry another child and JS was an early "test tube" embryo pregnancy's in Canada, long before IVF came in full force. Then locate a surrogate to carry the fertilized egg. This is my understanding but could be inaccurate.

I am still looking for the article I read mentioning that JS was one of Canada's first.

The three youngest were only biologically Barry’s, according to KD. From his book:
2E72B987-5B52-4000-925C-6AFE58526C90.jpeg
I didn’t recall until I read it again that the three youngest had each had different biological mothers, Lauren was Honey’s only biological child. That’s fascinating from a nature versus nurture standpoint.

2017 rbbm
''Casually he informed me that Lauren, his oldest daughter, is his wife’s only “natural” child. Honey suffered several miscarriages after her birth. When it looked as if they couldn’t have more children, they decided against adoption and opted for surrogacy. As a committed Darwinian, he naturally favoured the preservation of his genetic material. In the early 1980s, surrogacy had just become an option in the U.S. It’s likely that his son, Jonathon, was the first child in Canada born to a surrogate mother. “It worked fine.”

ETA, unsure about all of this.. fwiw

Last edited:
2017 rbbm
''Casually he informed me that Lauren, his oldest daughter, is his wife’s only “natural” child. Honey suffered several miscarriages after her birth. When it looked as if they couldn’t have more children, they decided against adoption and opted for surrogacy. As a committed Darwinian, he naturally favoured the preservation of his genetic material. In the early 1980s, surrogacy had just become an option in the U.S. It’s likely that his son, Jonathon, was the first child in Canada born to a surrogate mother. “It worked fine.”

bbm
A court awarded custody to the father, whose sperm was artifically implanted in the surrogate mother, and his wife.

Huh????

2017 rbbm

thank you for the back up Lexi and dotr!!!!

By Sonia Aslam
Posted Feb 3, 2018 lengthy article. rbbm.
''TORONTO, ON. (NEWS 1130) – A US judge has refused to throw out a sensational lawsuit that accuses Barry Sherman’s drug company of using sex, lies and USB flash drives to illegally acquire valuable trade secrets from a rival pharmaceutical firm.

The ruling, released Tuesday, is the latest chapter in a bizarre legal saga that was thrust back into the spotlight last week amid news that Jeremy Desai — Sherman’s pick as president and CEO of Apotex Inc., and the man at the centre of the lawsuit — had suddenly resigned “to pursue other opportunities.” By chance, the company announced Desai’s abrupt departure just hours before Toronto police convened a press conference last Friday to reveal that Barry and Honey Sherman were indeed murdered, the victims of a “targeted” double homicide inside their north-end mansion.

The unusual lawsuit was launched last July by the US division of Israel’s Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., the world’s largest generic drug-maker. Filed in Pennsylvania, the complaint alleges that Desai was involved in a “romantic relationship” with a senior Teva executive — a fellow Canadian named Barinder Sandhu — and that he induced his girlfriend to leak him highly sensitive Teva records, including “trade secrets and other confidential information.”

The FBI was called in to investigate Sandhu after she was fired in October 2016, but the US Department of Justice decided last May not to pursue criminal charges. Teva filed its lawsuit two months later.''

Why Desai left his job so suddenly remains a mystery; in a prepared statement last week, Apotex would only say his resignation was “effective immediately” and that “we thank Jeremy for his contributions and wish him success in the next phase of his career.” Berman, the company spokesman, told Maclean’s today that “the announcement of Jeremy’s resignation and the police update of the same day are completely unrelated. Dr. Desai’s resignation is in no way connected to the death of Dr. Sherman.”

''When Sherman was alive, Desai appeared to enjoy a close relationship with the company founder and chairman. In fact, as The Globe and Mail first reported last week, it was Sherman who provided the mortgage for the upscale Toronto home that Desai and his wife, Kalpna, purchased when they first moved to Canada in 2003. The loan document, filed at Toronto’s land registry office, shows that Sherman lent the couple $3.15 million — at zero interest, and without a regular payment schedule. The mortgage is due “on demand,” records show, and 15 years later no discharge has been filed, suggesting the loan remains outstanding.''
My brain stopped buffering and I remembered where the information about JD being fired was:

Then, at 11 a.m., Jeremy Desai, the then president and CEO of Apotex (he was let go after Barry died, telling police he had lost “Barry’s protection”) emails Barry to tell him that the British health authorities had “suspended” the Apotex health certificate for one of their drug plants in India. Desai told police he would have “expected a response” from Barry to this news.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper