CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MerlinFalcon said....."It wasn't a happy childhood with a mostly absent father and a mother who they didn't get along with."

I am not in favor of having a 'pity-party' for the Sherman children. Barry was not a mostly absent father, he was not in the military stationed around the world, he was not a traveling salesman, on the road most days of the week, he was not an oil field worker away weeks at a time. In fact Barry was home most nights. If the kids as adults, had/have issues, they could afford the best therapists.

I would suppose if one of the children were to be charged with a crime related to case, their lawyers will probably bring up the 'difficult childhood' as mitigating circumstances. IMO

MerlinFalcon said....."It wasn't a happy childhood with a mostly absent father and a mother who they didn't get along with."

I am not in favor of having a 'pity-party' for the Sherman children. Barry was not a mostly absent father, he was not in the military stationed around the world, he was not a traveling salesman, on the road most days of the week, he was not an oil field worker away weeks at a time. In fact Barry was home most nights. If the kids as adults, had/have issues, they could afford the best therapists.

I would suppose if one of the children were to be charged with a crime related to case, their lawyers will probably bring up the 'difficult childhood' as mitigating circumstances. IMO
affluenza?

What happened at Jonathon’s cottage that made Alex think he was behind the murders? Up to that point they had always been close. He was even close to her husband.

KD said Alex went to the police with the information or whatever it was that caused her concern. That was approximately one year after the murders and the Greenspan team was still working on the case for the family, but KD didn’t mention that Alex went to them.

Before the Greenspan team disbanded, Alex hired her own lawyer in order to have it shut down and Jonathon opposed her.

When it dissolved, the police asked the public to resubmit any tips they may have given to the Greenspan team, because the ones they received from them were incomplete. How could that possibly have happened when the team had former top TPS homicide investigators taking and investigating the tips?

‘“Another revelation in Yim’s affidavit relates to the private investigation led by criminal defence lawyer Brian Greenspan and private detective Tom Klatt. According to Yim, some of the information Greenspan and Klatt’s team have provided is short on details.

Some of the tips (provided by Greenspan’s team) appear to be incomplete or missing and required further follow up with the private investigators,” Yim says in his affidavit. “It is also my understanding that the private investigators will be providing the Toronto Police Service with further disclosure in the near future. The information received from the private investigators will be reviewed in conjunction with the evidence that the Toronto Police Service has collected in this investigation thus far.”’

“Idsinga said police and the Sherman family were on the same page going forward. The family’s $10 million reward remains available to anyone with key information, but Idsinga wants the public to contact his team or CrimeStoppers if they have a tip. He invited anyone who provided one of 343 tips to the now defunct Sherman private eye team to “resubmit” to police.”

ETA: this is just my interpretation of what the police said about the Greenspan tips, and I don’t know if Alex did go to the Greenspan team. KD only mentioned that she went to the police. I don’t fully understand that because Greenspan said part of his role was to act as a liaison between the Sherman family and the police.
Many may have submitted tips to them instead of to the police because it looked like the reward was under them.

Many kids do not get enough of their parent's time because they are working all hours, all over, just trying to support them, imo.
Obviously BS could well afford a family and spend more time with them, but he really enjoyed making money and there is nothing wrong with that, but interestingly...
rbbm. imo, speculation.
''Honey was given money for her needs but not her desires''

''From an early age, the Sherman children were told there was money for “needs” but not for “wants.” But that message was unevenly distributed, different for each child and from each parent, and it changed over time. ''

I agree. I also wonder if he is more than a business partner and whether that might also have been a reason for BS to disapprove and not want to include AP in family financial discussions. This might also explain to some extent why JS insisted that he be included in the meeting? It reminds me of how a person might behave when their family isn't accepting of their chosen life partner. And I can't help but notice how AP, FM and JS are all directors of their charitable Foundation...
I’m
AP intrigues me so much because we know nothing about him. I have a feeling he is the brains behind JS' and his business ventures, and to JS his businesses are a hobby while AP likely sees them as his livelihood. I wish he would agree to talk to KD, and I do find it intriguing how few of the family members have used the media to keep the murders in the spotlight. KD mentioned exactly that in a podcast. Do they all have something to hide? Do the kids just want to live their lives with their fortunes? It wasn't a happy childhood with a mostly absent father and a mother who they didn't get along wit
AP intrigues me so much because we know nothing about him. I have a feeling he is the brains behind JS' and his business ventures, and to JS his businesses are a hobby while AP likely sees them as his livelihood. I wish he would agree to talk to KD, and I do find it intriguing how few of the family members have used the media to keep the murders in the spotlight. KD mentioned exactly that in a podcast. Do they all have something to hide? Do the kids just want to live their lives with their fortunes? It wasn't a happy childhood with a mostly absent father and a mother who they didn't get along with.
AP intrigues me so much because we know nothing about him. I have a feeling he is the brains behind JS' and his business ventures, and to JS his businesses are a hobby while AP likely sees them as his livelihood. I wish he would agree to talk to KD, and I do find it intriguing how few of the family members have used the media to keep the murders in the spotlight. KD mentioned exactly that in a podcast. Do they all have something to hide? Do the kids just want to live their lives with their fortunes? It wasn't a happy childhood with a mostly absent father and a mother who they didn't get along with.
He may be the brains but that doesn't make him a smart business person. There doesn't seem to be any business he and JS get involved in that BS doesn't pay for. He doesn't seem to have any shame in constantly asking for money. I wonder when these stories are released by KD and the Star how he holds his head up. I would be mortified if this stuff was coming out about my son, brother, husband etc.

I’m

He may be the brains but that doesn't make him a smart business person. There doesn't seem to be any business he and JS get involved in that BS doesn't pay for. He doesn't seem to have any shame in constantly asking for money. I wonder when these stories are released by KD and the Star how he holds his head up. I would be mortified if this stuff was coming out about my son, brother, husband etc.
He may not be the brains but maybe JS sees him as the brains behind it.

He may not be the brains but maybe JS sees him as the brains behind it.
Theoretically, the smarter of the two could cheat the dumber of the two without the latter noticing.

Who knows, what BS would have had to say to his son, if the son at least once had a meeting with his father without his constant "shadow" ......

May 5 2023
''A long, winding road takes reporter Kevin Donovan to a most unusual meeting in a cold garage with Honey and Barry Sherman’s only son, the man who calls himself the “heir apparent” and whose sister suspects he was involved in the murders. In a wide-ranging conversation, Jonathon says he is an open book. Ask me anything, he says, which Donovan does. Jonathan is voiced by an actor based on his interview with Kevin and email correspondence.

This is episode seven of “The Billionaire Murders: The hunt for the killers of Honey and Barry Sherman,” a “Suspicion” podcast probing the strange case of the famous Toronto couple who were found strangled in their north Toronto home in 2017. For five years, Donovan has covered the case for the Star, fought court battles to access documents on the police investigation and the Sherman estate, and wrote a book about it.''

May 5 2023
''A long, winding road takes reporter Kevin Donovan to a most unusual meeting in a cold garage with Honey and Barry Sherman’s only son, the man who calls himself the “heir apparent” and whose sister suspects he was involved in the murders. In a wide-ranging conversation, Jonathon says he is an open book. Ask me anything, he says, which Donovan does. Jonathan is voiced by an actor based on his interview with Kevin and email correspondence.

This is episode seven of “The Billionaire Murders: The hunt for the killers of Honey and Barry Sherman,” a “Suspicion” podcast probing the strange case of the famous Toronto couple who were found strangled in their north Toronto home in 2017. For five years, Donovan has covered the case for the Star, fought court battles to access documents on the police investigation and the Sherman estate, and wrote a book about it.''
I just listened to it. What kind of person doesn't even offer a glass of water to a guest? And in 0 celcius weather for over 3 hours? JS sounds as cold as the weather to me, and a bad actor to boot. When he arrived at Alex's house after driving from his cottage after finding out about the murders, he threw himself onto the floor and demanded a drink. Seems to me he was trying to behave the way he thought a bereaved son should act.

I had to laugh when he told KD he forwarded their recorded conversation to the police. He keeps trying to control things. He probably thought by having the interview in a cold garage it would ensure the conversation wasn't going to be long. His security guy was likely told the interview wouldn't last beyond a certain time which is why the guy knocked when he did.

MOO/speculation

If i heard and understood the latest podcast correctly, JS suggests MS was a hoarder and that BS and FD'A had a sexual relationship, but also that FDA is homophobic, and JS has suspicions about JK, FDA and a mystery third person, wrt the murders.
imo.speculation.

If i heard and understood the latest podcast correctly, JS suggests MS was a hoarder and that BS and FD'A had a sexual relationship, but also that FDA is homophobic, and JS has suspicions about JK, FDA and a mystery third person, wrt the murders.
imo.speculation.
I think if BS was homosexual or bisexual he would not hide it. His closest friend in the world JU is gay and it never made a difference to BS. JS got rid of everyone and everything that meant anything to his parents as soon as they were gone. The house, Jack K, FDA and MS.
I am wondering why it took so long to get from his cottage to his sisters house the day they were found.
I think its a 2 to 2 and a half hour drive. I think they would have been called around 12.30 to 1 pm.
KD said he arrived around 5.30.

I think if BS was homosexual or bisexual he would not hide it. His closest friend in the world JU is gay and it never made a difference to BS.
I think, if BS had a sexual relationship with a man, he HAD to hide it for Honey's reputation and also out of consideration for his 4 children. His wife wouldn't have wanted to be exposed under any circumstances, I imagine, not even for the most expensive jewels.

I think, if BS had a sexual relationship with a man, he HAD to hide it for Honey's reputation and also out of consideration for his 4 children. His wife wouldn't have wanted to be exposed under any circumstances, I imagine, not even for the most expensive jewels.
Gotta love a son who was given millions upon millions of dollars and thanks his father by smearing his reputation.

Article was updated 20 mins ago rbbm.
''This Mon. May 8 at 1 p.m., Donovan returns for another live chat to take reader questions in real-time about the latest episode of the podcast, Pointing fingers.

App users, please open this story in your browser.
Here’s what you should know about joining the Q&A
  • The Q&A will take place on this page in the Conversations section, which you’ll find at the end of this story. It’s written, not audio.''

I think JS has no idea what an authentic relationship is, straight or gay.

I just listened to it. What kind of person doesn't even offer a glass of water to a guest? And in 0 celcius weather for over 3 hours? JS sounds as cold as the weather to me, and a bad actor to boot. When he arrived at Alex's house after driving from his cottage after finding out about the murders, he threw himself onto the floor and demanded a drink. Seems to me he was trying to behave the way he thought a bereaved son should act.

I had to laugh when he told KD he forwarded their recorded conversation to the police. He keeps trying to control things. He probably thought by having the interview in a cold garage it would ensure the conversation wasn't going to be long. His security guy was likely told the interview wouldn't last beyond a certain time which is why the guy knocked when he did.

MOO/speculation

I’m guessing after what KD wrote about Jonathon not offering visitors drinks in today’s Q&A Jonathon is going to offer every guest to his home a variety of drinks and snacks!

Last edited:
I’m guessing after what KD wrote about Jonathon not offering visitors drinks in today’s Q&A Jonathon is going to offer every guest to his home a variety of drinks and snacks!
I know someone else in that chat made a comment about Barry probably being on the autism spectrum, and wonder if Jonathon is, too. Between that and his lack of emotion about everything except the Tesla!

First time poster.....long time lurker! :)
Has any personal information ever come up about Fred? Age, where he grew up, where they met? Even a photo of what he looks like? Also, I noticed that Kevin would not/could not answer the questions about the heights of both Adam and Fred.... Anyone have knowledge that they're not tall men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb