CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought that too. The green water makes no sense to me whatsoever. If the Shermans were so particular to hire a housekeeper, gardener, fitness trainer etc, I am almost positive they would have a pool service coming into the home at least once a month.
The other thing that bothered me and was previously mentioned, is if the point of leaving the bodies in the most remote part of the house was to delay discovery, then why not put the bodies under the tarp covering the pool?
That way, they would not immediately be seen and any associated odours would (at first anyway), be attributed to the dirty pool water. imo. speculation.

I have always thought that too. The green water makes no sense to me whatsoever. If the Shermans were so particular to hire a housekeeper, gardener, fitness trainer etc, I am almost positive they would have a pool service coming into the home at least once a month.

Could the paint in the pool be green-ish, thus making the water appear green?

Although the pool was not in use, I doubt it would be left to get funky, esp indoors.

yes to clarify I meant as her body completed the entire rigor process and was more limp/flexible than BS was at the time of first close inspection.

Both bodies were removed in a flat position so when they were finally removed from the home they both had completed enough of the process to lay flat.

36 hours has been the suggested length of time between death and found, since it is the same timing for rigor to complete IMO when they arrived rigor was finished on HS and she was more "limp" and just completing for BS where he held a little stiffness in his body still.
Actually i recall the discussion here around observations that appeared to show that one of the bodies appeared to be “bent” or even sort of “sitting up” a bit in the body bag as it was being wheeled out of the house. so it would appear that possibly at Least one of the bodies wasn’t “flat” when it was removed.

Actually i recall the discussion here around observations that appeared to show that one of the bodies appeared to be “bent” or even sort of “sitting up” a bit in the body bag as it was being wheeled out of the house. so it would appear that possibly at Least one of the bodies wasn’t “flat” when it was removed.
Some discussion here..

Photos.

Some discussion here..

Photos.

Man DOTR you are amazing

It looks like two steps were used on the victims:

1) First, their hands were tied with zip ties most likely behind their backs for easier control of any resistance.

2) Second, their necks were tied with zip ties which were tightened to choke them by the perpetrator from in front for more personal or from behind for less personal.

Last edited:
It looks like two steps were used on the victims:

1) First, their hands were tied with zip ties most likely behind their backs for easier control of any resistance.

2) Second, their necks were tied with zip ties which were tightened to choke them by the perpetrator from in front for more personal or from behind for less personal.
Do we have factual information or just media article / books/ reports that it was actually zip ties. Re-reading many of these articles the first ones only stated "bound or tied" not that zip ties were used specifically. Formal details released I only see the words ligature again not zip or cable ties?

When did we start to focus on zip ties? do we have proof the perp brought zip ties and then took them when they left? could they have been bound by something else?

Do we have factual information or just media article / books/ reports that it was actually zip ties. Re-reading many of these articles the first ones only stated "bound or tied" not that zip ties were used specifically. Formal details released I only see the words ligature again not zip or cable ties?

When did we start to focus on zip ties? do we have proof the perp brought zip ties and then took them when they left? could they have been bound by something else?

No official source yet. The information is from KD:
“As the Star has previously reported, the founder of Apotex generic drug company and his wife were strangled, most likely with a thin ligature similar to an industrial zip tie, and then were apparently posed in a seated position on the pool deck, leather belts around their neck tied to a low railing to keep them from falling back into the pool.” ‘New information’ discovered in Barry and Honey Sherman murder case from previously interviewed witnesses

Alex K. has shared information with him, so there must be something that’s making him think that zip ties may have been used, imo. Maybe something distinctive in the marks they made.

Last edited:
No official source yet. The information is from KD:
“As the Star has previously reported, the founder of Apotex generic drug company and his wife were strangled, most likely with a thin ligature similar to an industrial zip tie, and then were apparently posed in a seated position on the pool deck, leather belts around their neck tied to a low railing to keep them from falling back into the pool.” ‘New information’ discovered in Barry and Honey Sherman murder case from previously interviewed witnesses

Alex K. has shared information with him, so I there must be something that’s making him think that zip ties may have been used, imo. Maybe something distinctive in the marks they made.

came across some interesting info.

This is interesting if it was a hitman, these are sample ligatures they prefer to use: Garrote or fiber wire.

adding this URL too

Great finds again dotr!

The first URL I am curious how to tell the pool water was green if the pool cover is on?

Would anyone use a pool on rare occurrence that was not continuously serviced and the water turning green? If the Sherman's have a "gardener" watering indoor plants, cleaning lady, scheduled visits for the furnace maintenance, trainers, I would think they would have a pool company servicing the pool. If you are not servicing it you drain it, you do not swim in it.

On top, with the house being for sale it does not add up logically for me, either the water was not visible with a cover or the pool was empty, they knew showings were to happen the agents would have told them how to prep the house for viewings, I do not think they would allow a green dirty pool.

The Shermans rarely used the pool. Even with an excellent circulation system, the way you keep control of algae or other contaminants in your pool is to use it. All that splashing around helps circulate and oxygenate the water.

We moved from a century home that had a huge outdoor pool, twenty by forty feet. Sunlight is one of the major issues with creating algae. But even unused indoor pools will still get a build of contaminants mainly because of the temperature of the room it's in.

According to this website, which lists the pros and cons of an indoor pool, one of the most important things is to retain the proper humidity of the air to control mildew, mold and fungi growth. Since most people like to swim at pool temperatures in the high 80s and low 90s that mean the pool room also has to be those temperatures, too.

I knew a person who had an indoor pool. The whole house smelled like a rainforest. It also smelled of chlorine. So by my estimation, the Shermans decided to keep the pool area at a normal house temperature, probably in the mid 70s F (20s C) and covered the pool so any mildew growth wouldn't be obvious. If someone was interested in looking at the pool's efficiency, etc. They could ask in advance. Doesn't take long to clean that stuff up with the right chemicals. In the spring, our outdoor pool would change from a disgusting deep khaki green (I removed all the frogs before putting in the chemicals) to a deep teal colour to a light jade green colour only to be sparkling clean the next morning. Less than 24 hours. Pretty impressive.

My personal opinion, that I have voiced many times, is that Honey knew the house was probably going to be razed by the new owners which is why the price was low. It smacked of 80s excess.

I am not an expert in this area and IMO I really do not know if we have a true depiction of how they were found. The original reports with the coats still on the bodies and slid down the arms like a straight jacket to immobilize the arms and possible movements was the topic for a while.

Now a hand drawn depiction based on someone looking at crime scene photos shows hands perfectly beside the bodies palms up. Not as described and published to the public in the first week after discovery.

When this new drawing/report came out and omitted the coats and made no mention of why originally the reports were they were found in them was not discussed left me feeling that we have been fed details that are untrue or not of fact. The drawing IMO was set out to show that they were displayed like the statues. It was KD that made this statement and wrote that they looked like the statues, not police or the private investigators.

TORONTO -- The bodies of Barry and Honey Sherman were in a similar pose to a pair of life-sized statues displayed in the billionaire couple’s basement, according to a report by Toronto Star chief investigative reporter Kevin Donovan.

As for the connection between the statues and the bodies, Donovan said it’s unclear if police have come to any conclusions about the apparent similarities.

“I have no idea what the police or the private investigators have come up with related to these photos,” he said. “I’ve asked the police and they’ve said they can’t comment on anything in an active and ongoing investigation.”

I remind myself this is KD's story that he is surmising information he uncovers and trying to relate any subject matter to the case. KD can only go with what information he can uncover, I assume someone early on told him about the coats or lack there of, but to date I have not seen anyone come out and say they were not found in their winter coats.

Makes me wonder has KD been instructed by LE to no longer talk about the coats? Are LE and KD working together more than we know, is KD feeding specific details to the public so LE can move forward?

"they called for a “thorough, intensive and objective criminal investigation,” urging the media to refrain from reporting until the investigation is complete."

When I look back at the pictures of the bodies being removed from the home on the gurney's they look like they could have a winter coat on, or the bodies were bloated as the middle of the bodies seemed to be very large compared to the feet.

The longer this goes without an arrest I am really not sure if we can decipher if any of the news paper articles are completely accurate or give us the facts we could use to actually assist with pertinent information and public sleuthing to assist LE with information.

If it is this frustrating for us, I cannot fathom being a family member.

I’m curious about the coats as well. The information about what they were wearing has evolved over time, but LE hasn’t officially confirmed what KD has found.

Greenspan only mentioned Barry’s coat in his press conference:
(October, 2018)
“Greenspan offered some details about how the Shermans were found, noting that ligatures were wrapped around their necks and then around the pool railing, which forced them into an upright position. Barry's legs were outstretched, with one crossed over another. He was also still wearing his glasses, and the sleeves of his jacket were pulled behind him, which would have restricted the use of his arms.”

October, 2019:

(Q) “…Barry and Honey Sherman were found with their coats pulled back behind them, which would immobilize arm movements…”​

A: I can’t speak for Toronto police. But, as I understand it, the coats were pulled down but not enough to immobilize them.”

(^^The above is a great non-paywalled interview between the late Anne Kingston and Kevin Donovan, btw).

February, 2022:

“…But to this day, police refuse to release images of Barry and Honey as they left Apotex to go home that evening. Police say they do not want anyone to know what the Shermans were wearing because they want any future “witnesses” to be untainted by information in the public domain. Yim says one day a “witness” might come forward and say they saw one of the Shermans that night and police want to compare their description to what the Shermans were wearing to determine if the witness actually saw them.

I countered that it is generally known they were wearing dark coats. (Honey had a blue down vest on under her coat.) Besides, I said, the quality of the photos of the builders in the Apotex lobby is so poor that you can make out their faces but not much else.”

June, 2022:
“A person walking in from the lone entry door would have seen Honey at the far end of the pool (40 feet away). Honey was in profile, the left side of her body the first part visible. She is fully dressed, wearing dark pants, a blouse and a blue vest. Her rear end is on the floor, her legs stretched out in front. Her shoes, simple black slip-ons (she had perpetually sore feet and liked a comfortable shoe), are almost touching the wall that faces the pool. Police, in their interviews with Sherman family and friends, asked if it was their mother’s practice to take her shoes off when she came home. The children were uncertain.”

Adding to the above, the housekeeper said Honey had the habit of taking off her coat and hanging on the back of a chair in the kitchen area. But I haven’t read anything about her finding her coat on December 15th.

I’m curious about the coats as well. The information about what they were wearing has evolved over time, but LE hasn’t officially confirmed what KD has found.

Greenspan only mentioned Barry’s coat in his press conference:
(October, 2018)
“Greenspan offered some details about how the Shermans were found, noting that ligatures were wrapped around their necks and then around the pool railing, which forced them into an upright position. Barry's legs were outstretched, with one crossed over another. He was also still wearing his glasses, and the sleeves of his jacket were pulled behind him, which would have restricted the use of his arms.”

October, 2019:

(Q) “…Barry and Honey Sherman were found with their coats pulled back behind them, which would immobilize arm movements…”​

A: I can’t speak for Toronto police. But, as I understand it, the coats were pulled down but not enough to immobilize them.”

(^^The above is a great non-paywalled interview between the late Anne Kingston and Kevin Donovan, btw).

February, 2022:

“…But to this day, police refuse to release images of Barry and Honey as they left Apotex to go home that evening. Police say they do not want anyone to know what the Shermans were wearing because they want any future “witnesses” to be untainted by information in the public domain. Yim says one day a “witness” might come forward and say they saw one of the Shermans that night and police want to compare their description to what the Shermans were wearing to determine if the witness actually saw them.

I countered that it is generally known they were wearing dark coats. (Honey had a blue down vest on under her coat.) Besides, I said, the quality of the photos of the builders in the Apotex lobby is so poor that you can make out their faces but not much else.”

June, 2022:
“A person walking in from the lone entry door would have seen Honey at the far end of the pool (40 feet away). Honey was in profile, the left side of her body the first part visible. She is fully dressed, wearing dark pants, a blouse and a blue vest. Her rear end is on the floor, her legs stretched out in front. Her shoes, simple black slip-ons (she had perpetually sore feet and liked a comfortable shoe), are almost touching the wall that faces the pool. Police, in their interviews with Sherman family and friends, asked if it was their mother’s practice to take her shoes off when she came home. The children were uncertain.”

Adding to the above, the housekeeper said Honey had the habit of taking off her coat and hanging on the back of a chair in the kitchen area. But I haven’t read anything about her finding her coat on December 15th.

It sounds like Honey only had time to take off her outer coat and put on her comfy shoes before she was attacked. I keep my comfy shoes near my entrance, so I can picture her doing that immediately after entering.

With no sign of a break in at all entrances to house, it is plausible that someone who was waiting for her return, knocked on the door where she had entered, and she opened the door. It's also possible that the killer had access to the house and was waiting inside, which would prove that someone gave a key to the killer, or the killer had a key.

Having access to the key was a concern due to the key being in a lock box at the front door, available to multiple real estate agents with the house for sale. I remember that TPS investigated every person who had an interest in the house, and the lock box was ruled out as a means to enter the house.

If the Shermans had their coats on, and if they were pulled back behind their bodies, is not important anymore. It was only important when we questioned if it was a M/S.

It sounds like Honey only had time to take off her outer coat and put on her comfy shoes before she was attacked. I keep my comfy shoes near my entrance, so I can picture her doing that immediately after entering.

With no sign of a break in at all entrances to house, it is plausible that someone who was waiting for her return, knocked on the door where she had entered, and she opened the door. It's also possible that the killer had access to the house and was waiting inside, which would prove that someone gave a key to the killer, or the killer had a key.

Having access to the key was a concern due to the key being in a lock box at the front door, available to multiple real estate agents with the house for sale. I remember that TPS investigated every person who had an interest in the house, and the lock box was ruled out as a means to enter the house.

If the Shermans had their coats on, and if they were pulled back behind their bodies, is not important anymore. It was only important when we questioned if it was a M/S.
Makes me wonder was the alarm disabled when HS arrived home? if she entered with no beeps from the alarm system? Would she have wondered why she did not need to enter her code and would she proceed to take off her coat and outdoor shoes and enter the home?

Makes me wonder was the alarm disabled when HS arrived home? if she entered with no beeps from the alarm system? Would she have wondered why she did not need to enter her code and would she proceed to take off her coat and outdoor shoes and enter the home?

Wasn't a window and door found unlocked when the police attended the scene? Both Shermans were notorious for lax security measures. Someone took advantage of that, imo.

May i park this here now and comment about it at another time?
''A few weeks ago a reader called to say there was one thing that was bugging her that I never had addressed in this column.

"What's that?" I naively asked.

"Why," she asked, "do they put glasses on dead people?"

Good question. This is something I have wondered about myself.

She said she understands that some people are more recognizable with their spectacles on, but certainly they didn't wear glasses when they were sleeping unless they happened to fall asleep with them on. And they definitely don't need to wear glasses when they are dead.

Now, I am not being disrespectful, so save your indignation. Think about it. When you go into a funeral home to pay your respects, don't you find it odd, laughable even, to see someone lying in a casket with his glasses on?''

Wasn't a window and door found unlocked when the police attended the scene? Both Shermans were notorious for lax security measures. Someone took advantage of that, imo.
''Among the others: the revelation that a window was open and a door unlocked when police arrived at the Sherman home; the precise location of Barry’s gloves and papers and Honey’s cellphone in the house, which are significant because they may indicate where each was attacked; and the potential disruption of evidence in the home because police did not properly secure the scene.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx