Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. The Thorncliffe apartment is in an older building with thicker walls and more space than more modern builds (a friend lives in the sister building, so I know it well), so one could imagine the killing and even the dismembering happening there (bathtub?). Warmington's "source" is now claiming TPS probably interrupted a murder there when they arrested him. It's difficult, however, to imagine BM lugging planters & dirt up to the 19th floor. So there is likely a second site where he could complete the job at his leisure.

I keep wondering how the heck a landscaper with an apparently successful business, judging by the client list TPS has, would not have some kind of storage site more permanent than a borrowed garage. If he filed business tax returns with appropriate deductions, CRA may have a record of the address(es.)
Accurate. If the bodies were broken down enough (sorry folks), he could have left the apartment with the remains in a bag. He could then assemble the planters in another location, maybe even bold enough to do it at his clients properties. He may have been savvy enough to not declare a work location for tax deductions, if he filed his taxes, but also maybe not. I'm sure TPS will look into that.

And, as many have said on Twitter, use his mugshot instead of the flattering images we keep seeing.
This is what bothers me. Although, I understand reporting on his behaviour and personality, as it's an important narrative to establish how unassuming his acquaintances were. I understand why his clients and neighbors are making those statements.

Definitely use his mugshot though.

I've been wondering what that system exactly was. Graphic thought warning: but where did these murders take place? His van? His apartment? Murder + dismemberment = an incredibly messy scene.

He took a risk no matter where he was, imo. While I think it's likely that he remained mostly in the Toronto area, I don't think anything is off limits in this case.

I thought that his adult son TM was living with him following his own arrest. Wasn't BM acting as his surety?? Hard to fathom being able to commit a dismemberment and be able to hide that in a small apartment!

(bumping timeline)

Thank you for putting this together.

I’m still catching up with this thread. Do we have a separate, no-discussion thread for media links, does anyone know?

UPDATED timeline, thanks to those I quoted below for adding details.

I have a basic timeline going, which I’ll copy here. All this information comes from MSM. There are a few other bits I haven’t included because not yet confirmed by LE or in MSM.

- BM graduated high school 1970 in Fenelon falls
- BM Gets married and has 2 children at some point after that and family moved to/lived in/around Oshawa
- Divorced sometime between 1998 - 2001(?)
- He and wife declared bankruptcy 1999, don’t know if it was before, during or after divorce
- 2001 Arrested for assaulting someone in Toronto
- Convicted of above assault April 2003, 2 yr suspended sentence, plus 3 years probation. Restraining order to stay out of the village AND away from an address that could be linked to Majeed
- Dated Skanda in, or from, 1999, who disappeared Labour Day September 2010 last seen in the Village
- Faizi disappears December 29th 2010 last seen in the Village
- Majeed Kayhan reported missing 14 October 2012, no exact last seen, or where info
- Saroush Mahmudi reported missing August 2015, Scarborough
- Dean Lisowick, never reported missing, death estimated between May 2016 - July 2017
- Salem Esen disappears around April 14th 2017
- Andrew Kinsman disappears 26 June 2017
- At some point Andrew & BM were in a relationship
- BM was in a longish (?) term relationship, or an “on/off” relationship with an unidentified man (by MSM/LE) up until his arrest or until shortly before it (?)
- Police start following/investigating BM September 2017
- Police get a hold of BM’s van October 2017 in Courtice
- Arrested 17th January 2018
- Charged with murdering Andrew and Selim 18th January 2018
- Charged with murdering Majeed, Saroush, Dean 29th January 2018
- As yet unidentified human remains of (at least?) three bodies found between 18th January - 29th January 2018.
- Investigation ongoing, not limited to Toronto and not limited to the gay community.

They (B&J) sold Oshawa home in 2000....

That might be relevant 411 at some point.

(any HUGE planters there???)

I would love it if they would stop publishing comments about how helpful and kind he was.

Right? It’s part of how he was able to move without detection for so long. It’s part of how he controlled/manipulated people and situations.

He was diabolical. I’m sure there’s a lot of cognitive dissonance as the community comes to terms with how he victimized so many people.

I’m stunned by the depravity. He could relive his crimes over and over. Ugh.

I thought that his adult son TM was living with him following his own arrest. Wasn't BM acting as his surety?? Hard to fathom being able to commit a dismemberment and be able to hide that in a small apartment!

The son’s address was given in court documents as the same apartment as Bruce McArthur’s home. IMO, and speculation only, that doesn’t necessarily mean the son actually lived there full time...

See also speculation on the other related threads about many of disappearances occurring around holiday weekends/events. Many of us thought earlier on that there was possibly a predator coming into town at those times. It’s NOW my personal speculation that it’s possible any roommate/partner/son was out of town at those moments.

There’s also a media interview (I’ll try and bring it over here) linked in the Andrew Kinsman thread with a man who had an unpleasant (violent) encounter with McArthur in his van.

ETA to add link to van incident: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...id=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

NB. Speculation only, apart from my first and last sentences.

(bumping timeline)

Thank you for putting this together.

I’m still catching up with this thread. Do we have a separate, no-discussion thread for media links, does anyone know?

Not yet no, although mods have told me they’ll put us a forum together as soon as they have time. Let’s remember they are volunteers too.

rbbm

Convenience? Belleville is a short distance away from Madoc - 26 Miles / 41 Km.

Belleville would be the nearest city to the Madoc property. Madoc is a very small town. Closest for choice regarding dining, entertainment, groceries etc. About 40km.

That property was actually 83kms from Belleville. I did a drive by, it was wayyyyy out there, very remote. A LOT of empty barns right off the highway, along with swamps, and provincial parks/trails. Too many places to dispose of bodies.

It is difficult to avoid morbid thoughts about this case. My latest is, where did he dismember the victims and pack them into planters? Unlikely to be in the back of a van (parked where?); couldn't have been in the Thorncliffe apartment or they would likely have a bunch more forensic evidence from there, plus witnesses in the elevators seeing him with planters; not likely in the garage at Mallory Cres (neighbours close by)?? He had doubtless developed a system that seems to have worked pretty well.

I was one of the early ones to compare him with Gacy, but now I'm wondering if he may be more like Denis Nilsen Dennis Nilsen - Wikipedia. He was a collector.

The neighbor claimed that she saw him use the garage constantly. Always taking things in and out, and random times. My guess is he used it as his shop. Since many went missing on Long Weekends, is it possible the owners of that home have a cottage, and would be out of town those weekends? Opening it up for Bruce to use their garage as his place to dismember and dispose of the bodies?

I recall shortly after I returned from a UN tour to Syria late 2001, so a few months after that/early-2002ish, there was - what they termed as a "round-up" - done at Zwicks with numerous men arrested and named in the papers. Off the Trans-Canada Trail near the dog park at Zwicks. Belleville was pretty shocked due to its small-town feel and ideals and slowness to accept people for who they are. Being posted at Trenton at the time and living in Belleville (but not originating from either place), I was actually shocked at how outraged the community was; sad. I though it was telling that Belleville would publish these men's names, but not the names of those straight men busted for solicitation. I hope they've advanced in their thinking these days.

As it is not really public knowledge now, I would say they have not, sadly.

I’m stunned by the depravity. He could relive his crimes over and over. Ugh.

He likely got a thrill every time he passed a Missing poster in the Village, or drove by one of the properties. IMO, his power to impact and terrify an entire community was part of his motivation.

It's hard to read any of these articles because McArthur could be my fathers twin. *shudder*

It's great that the Star took the trouble to find out more about this man, and that he had friends. Wonder if the casual work he sometimes did might have included working for a landscaper?
I agree. He seems to be the forgotten or unimportant victim because he didn't have anyone looking for him.and was homeless.

Your idea is totally a possibility as is that he is connected to st Stephen's the community centre that McArthur and some.of the victims frequented.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I apologize :sorry: my bad.

Thanks EVERYONE for the clarity regarding WHO IS SURETY for the offspring...

UNmcREAL.... :puke:

HONESTLY, was hoping this ALL was a REAL BAD DREAM.

But no, awake again and it's really happening.

Hitting the “thanks” button is not enough.

Both these articles should be read carefully by all, IMO.

I especially appreciate that there are some journalists taking the time to tell us about Dean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper