Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he either took pictures or videos that were date and time stamped and that LE were able to identify the 5 or 6 victims that way. Now they need to match remains found through DNA, scars or tats.

Bones don't have scars or tats, and there may or may not be enough tissue for DNA extraction. It is quite possible they won't succeed in identifying all of the remains, which would be truly terrible for those left wondering, just as in the Pickton case.

Bones don't have scars or tats, and there may or may not be enough tissue for DNA extraction. It is quite possible they won't succeed in identifying all of the remains, which would be truly terrible for those left wondering, just as in the Pickton case.
Or like with the Gacy case. I thought of him when I read he liked to dress up like Santa claus.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quick question and I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Have they found 6 more bodies or....1 more to bring the total to 6?

TIA

TIA

They have found six bodies total.

Only one of the bodies has been identified.

So there are at least 6 victims.

Or there are more than 6 and some remains have not been found.

Reading this update makes me that much more disgusted by the efforts of the Toronto Police. They have this profile and criminal record on file yet never catch wind of BM until he's killed 5 or more people? Disgusting. No one should make excuses for this abomination of a police force anymore. Better late than ever shouldn't apply when people are being murdered time and time again. I hope this force and others can learn from the apathetic effort and shotty police work to stop future serial killers from accumulating so many victims.

TIA
Rbbm.
https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2018/02/08/bruce-mcarthur-alleged-serial-killer-update.html
Police say the latest discoveries mean they may have evidence of as many as 10 victims, as it is unclear if any of the remains that are not Kinsman’s belong to the other men he is charged with murdering.

“I do anticipate more charges being laid,” said Idsinga. He couldn’t specify a timetable for when and how many such charges would come forward.

Idsinga said police are continuing to look at the cases of other missing people to see if there are any connections to McArthur.

Also, comparatively, considering all the murders BM has committed, his son is no where near as “bad” as his father. But kind of a ridiculous comparison for me to make. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to guess you have never lived in fear of a dangerous man. I can tell you, living in fear is a much worse fate than being dead. Maybe not for your family and friends, but for yourself. It is a horrible way to live, and one of his sons victims moved province to get away, I can guarantee you she was in a living hell.

I don't want to be overly morbid, but could there have been physical evidence in his home from the victims themselves that identified them? If I understand correctly, only torsos have been found in the planters, is that right? Perhaps other remains were in the apartment?

IDK, just speculating. Jmo
Anything is possible, imo. I'm not going to lie, I thought about the Adam Strong case in Oshawa for a minute. I think the possibility of DNA in the apartment is still viable. If they found remains there, they may have said so as they have with the planters.

I'm sure it had an effect, but lets be real here. MANY people are abused, tormented, unloved, and do not grow up to continually harass women to the point they have to leave Province. The man is vile, almost as bad as his father IMO.
He's vile alright. But people who grow up being abused, tormented, unloved, etc, are much more likely to have psychological problems than those who persevere. Also, those who are from good homes, through genetics and other factors, can end up the same way. JMO.

Cadaver dogs used in alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur investigation ‘getting tired’

Even the dogs are exhausted, she said, so cadaver dogs from the Ontario Provincial Police, York and Peel forces have been helping out.

“Our dogs are getting tired and they needed a rest and we had to keep the investigation going so we asked for help,” Gray said. “The dogs really do need to rest their noses. They get less effective the more they work.”
https://globalnews.ca/news/4017380/cadaver-dogs-bruce-mcarthur-serial-killer/

I do not recall this being posted but it is a very interesting perspective from a queer, brown person from the Village....

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/jp-lar...-killer-s-prey_a_23354740/?utm_hp_ref=ca-news

"A queer person of colour is used to being dehumanized. We are used to having our bodies fetishized, beaten and dismantled. We are used to being put on display for the benefit of white eyes. A killer merely took these cultural realities and rendered them in literal grisly detail. He tore bodies apart and put them into pots on wealthy lawns."

Article by Justin Ling:

Karen Fraser is settling back into her home, even as police continue to painstakingly excavate her backyard, searching for victims of an alleged serial killer.

Three weeks ago, she and her partner were forced to leave their north Toronto home when it became the unexpected focal point for one of the country's most grisly serial murders, which have afflicted Toronto's Gay Village
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...lleged-killer-bruce-mcarthur/article37930224/

One of those men sticks out for Ms. Fraser: Skandaraj Navaratnam.

Mr. Navaratnam went missing in 2010, the first of three disappearances that struck the Village between 2010 and 2012. Mr. McArthur has not been charged in relation to Mr. Navaratnam's disappearance, but he is facing a first-degree murder charge for Majeed Kayhan, who was the last of the three to disappear. A friend of Mr. McArthur who previously spoke to The Globe confirmed that Mr. Navaratnam had worked for Mr. McArthur's landscaping business.

Ms. Fraser recalls that Mr. Navaratnam would often crack a smile at her sense of humour.
The homeowner saw Skanda with McArthur at her home.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...lleged-killer-bruce-mcarthur/article37930224/

I do not recall this being posted but it is a very interesting perspective from a queer, brown person from the Village....

"A queer person of colour is used to being dehumanized. We are used to having our bodies fetishized, beaten and dismantled. We are used to being put on display for the benefit of white eyes. A killer merely took these cultural realities and rendered them in literal grisly detail. He tore bodies apart and put them into pots on wealthy lawns."

The current victim count includes 2 white people among 5 named. As another "queer person of color", my only response to above paragraph is.... WTF?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member