Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for creating this thread WG.

I was shocked when Skanda and Basir's names were NOT read aloud as the three additional victims. I was so sure it would be them. I know they will likely be officially named as victims of BM at some point. I did not know about the two other men at all.

Since the news broke this morning, I've been wondering if all those landscaping pictures on his Facebook profile was actually pictures of his "trophies". Can't recall if they included planters, only got a brief glance before it was taken down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if his landscaping friend from the Madoc property is being helpful in pointing out properties BM worked at.

Has anyone found BM's landscaping website if there is one? I know there was some issue with a webpage likely not being his. Did he get jobs from word of mouth?

I wonder if his landscaping friend from the Madoc property is being helpful in pointing out properties BM worked at.
The detective specifically said he's been more than cooperative. They could have even got BM's client list through him.

I will never look at my huge planters the same way again. Good God, this is beyond sickening. My heart was already broken. I feel so badly for all of these families, and I fear it will go beyond 50, who have been sorely grieved by this monster. True definition of a psychopath, no? Two faces. Rot in hell. Prayers and blessings to all of the families of his victims, know and as yet unknown.

I don't think BM was at all easy to catch.

Yes, there were lots of missing people, but in all the cases we've learned of so far, there were

- no bodies
- often a long time period before victims were reported missing (if at all)
- last seen statements that don't necessarily coincide with the victim's last movements
- no regular relationship between the victims and BM, though some had known him in the past.

Police have mentioned that Andrew Kinsman 'was active on social media' and he may have carried his phone with him everywhere. I wonder if that made the difference in tracing his movements and connecting him with BM.

We've heard the stories of an inordinate amount of missing people in Toronto for quite some time. Thank god this sadistic SOB has now been caught. Condolences, thoughts and prayers to friends, family, and those closest/dearest to each other.

RBBM. This story and its current details are among the most chilling things I have ever read. There is a line beyond which this extreme evil lies and some of us, myself included, could never in a million years go there. I cannot even go there to try to understand this person. There is no cause for understanding a form that is the devil, one that is just like Garland, Millard, Smich, Bernardo, Homolka, to name a few. It is already horrifying to think how many more identities of deceased LE is going to find.

Toronto has always had crime but I have to say, lately, it's really over the top: Millard & Smich, Sherman murders, Shamji murder of spouse Fric-Shamji, Rohini Bisesar murder of Rosemarie Junior (although in that case, RB she has been deemed mentally ill, though it is no less tragic), Jennifer Pan contracts to kill parents, to name just some in the very recent past.

As for comments that LE doesn't care about the missing or dead, or has given these individuals less priority. (Agreed, in the case of Laura Babcock, they really, truly botched it. I won't go OT.) I think it is fair to estimate that over the years there has been an exhaustive effort to find connections, leads, conclusive evidence, and ultimately the killer. It's clear that even though they say they closed the project, they did not. They were still working it and even saying it was closed may have been an attempt to have the killer let down their guard. He was in their line of sight, clearly, as they finally got their hands on the van he sold and it is brilliant that that wrecking yard kept records and still had the van. They had BM's DNA from 2003 because of the assault.

On technical footprints and the like, no doubt they will thoroughly examine it all. Also, wherever he advertised as a landscaper for hire: Kijiji, Homestars, etc. Did he have his own site?

My hope is that BM will confess and that there will be no trial.
It may have been in the back of their minds during Project Prism, but they absolutely did close Project Houston. Why would they pretend "close it" for BM to let his guard down and kill more folks from 2014-2017? BM was only on their radar from September 2017 onward, so any possible attempts to fool the suspect would have only occured from that point on. Something happened in Project Prism that didn't happen in Project Houston to put BM on their radar, and I'm looking forward to possibly knowing what investigative measures were employed in both projects.

Also, I don't think BM's DNA order had much to do with his van. It likely wasn't his blood they found, and they already knew it was his vehicle.

what's at that bear site? am I likely to be grossed out if I click the link?

If one were to go by all possible gay hook-up places in southwestern Ontario, there would be a very long list of locations... since he was clearly very comfortable finding victims in the same city again and again, why would he go to Belleville?

rbbm

Convenience? Belleville is a short distance away from Madoc - 26 Miles / 41 Km.

I still don't want to know what the 'furry sex' fetish is but I'm an old woman. I was afraid to look it up lest when I die my son would look at all of my browser searches. Damn.

rbbm

Convenience? Belleville is a short distance away from Madoc - 26 Miles / 41 Km.
Old stomping grounds? Strange attachment to it? While it hasn't actually been confirmed that he frequented the hook-up area in that town, it certainly can't be ruled out.

its and adult social media site catering to a gay subculture known as "bears" and the men who are attracted to them. shouldnt gross you out, but be warned there can be adult photos and text on the profiles.

BM and at least a couple of the victims were part of this subculture (as the dating sites/apps they were using specifically cater to them)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah bears are not furries lol they're just older men, usually heavier-set, and hairy

I don't think BM was at all easy to catch.

Yes, there were lots of missing people, but in all the cases we've learned of so far, there were

- no bodies
- often a long time period before victims were reported missing (if at all)
- last seen statements that don't necessarily coincide with the victim's last movements
- no regular relationship between the victims and BM, though some had known him in the past.

Police have mentioned that Andrew Kinsman 'was active on social media' and he may have carried his phone with him everywhere. I wonder if that made the difference in tracing his movements and connecting him with BM.

Navaratnam dated McArthur for years, he didn't simply know him.

He is still unaccounted for.

thanks for the warning
not going to click ... don't want that in my history

its and adult social media site catering to a gay subculture known as "bears" and the men who are attracted to them. shouldnt gross you out, but be warned there can be adult photos and text on the profiles.

BM and at least a couple of the victims were part of this subculture (as the dating sites/apps they were using specifically cater to them)

Has anyone found BM's landscaping website if there is one? I know there was some issue with a webpage likely not being his. Did he get jobs from word of mouth?

i tried to find him through the govt Canadian business name search but came up empty, possibly he was working under a numbered company and didn't register the name. also tried searching his family name there as well. and lastly tried a targeted google search against kijiji for his business name, no go. might have to try searching the Google cache next.

thanks for the warning
not going to click ... don't want that in my history

:) understandable. try out the "incognito mode" or "private browsing" feature of the browser when you are unsure.

Navaratnam dated McArthur for years, he didn't simply know him.

He is still unaccounted for.

Yes, but it's not clear he was still dating him when he disappeared. Similarily, Andrew Kinsman had apparently hooked up with him before, but there's no suggestion they were in a current relationship, were regularly seen together.

This is in contrast to the man who fits the profile of many of the victims, but was known to be in a regular relationship with BM, and is alive and well.

I think BM met up with all his victims by chance, with no prearrangements or recent connections that could be tracked by police.

:) understandable. try out the "incognito mode" or "private browsing" feature of the browser when you are unsure.

I was just going to suggest the same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste