Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rbbm.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...hur-to-protect-life-of-young-man-sources.html
Mendelson said investigators may rely on dental records to trace remains back to an identity, though Idsinga said what has been found so far are skeletal remains.

Police may also try to track DNA through “reverse paternities” with family members, a technique that requires DNA from a mother and a father, Mendelson said. But that tactic relies upon having an idea of who is missing in the first place, something that is far from guaranteed in this case.

Lisowick, one of the three men who McArthur was charged with murdering Monday, was in fact never reported missing. Police have not revealed how they were able to obtain sufficient evidence in his death to charge McArthur.

Idsinga acknowledged Monday that a complication in the case is that it’s possible that there are more victims who not have been reported missing at all, or may have been reported missing in another place entirely.

“If anyone comes into Toronto for an event such as Pride and then get reported missing back in their hometowns, the complainants not being aware that they were in Toronto — that’s obviously something we have to look at.

“As we sort out these remains and get them identified, we may find more people who were never reported missing,” Idsinga said.

He was self-employed, unlikely to be able to access EI (unless he paid premiums). But, he could have been accessing CPP since age 60, and OAS since he turned 65.

Sorry to quote myself - but this got me thinking about BM's lifestyle. Unless his seasonal landscaping business was very lucrative, how was he able to afford rent at Thorncliffe Pk (not a cheap building), plus an active social life, plus travel? He & his wife declared bankruptcy in 1999 as I recall, so he was starting from nothing or very little with a poor credit rating at that point. It's possible much of his business was cash under the table, so possible his tax bill was minimal, but even so I can't figure out how he maintained it all.

Posting these missing men here for now, so when was BM in the Niagara Falls region? speculation.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?316285-Canada-Franco-Maiorano-41-Niagara-Falls-30-Aug-2016
Franco Maiorano, 41, Niagara Falls, 30 Aug 2016

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...70-Toronto-27-February-2016&highlight=toronto
Raul Rojas, 70, Toronto, 27 February 2016

If anyone can help me confirm that these men are still missing, I will definitely add to the list.

I think it should be labelled a 'published rumour' since it's not confirmed by LE. We just saw the fallout from published rumours in the Sherman case.
Source information can be perfectly acceptable, it just has to be weighed against probability. In this case, obviously another form of evidence confirmed the murders of these men, as remains have not been identified yet. The probability of images found is pretty high, maybe some other forms of DNA as well. But absolutely this has not been confirmed by LE.

Sorry to quote myself - but this got me thinking about BM's lifestyle. Unless his seasonal landscaping business was very lucrative, how was he able to afford rent at Thorncliffe Pk (not a cheap building), plus an active social life, plus travel? He & his wife declared bankruptcy in 1999 as I recall, so he was starting from nothing or very little with a poor credit rating at that point. It's possible much of his business was cash under the table, so possible his tax bill was minimal, but even so I can't figure out how he maintained it all.

I wondered this too, in the other thread. My parents have been bankrupt twice while I was still dependent on them and that kind of lifestyle was not at all possible.

For over seven years, Navaseelan Navaratnam has been carefully guarding a devastating truth from his 80-year-old Sri Lankan mother: no one knows where his brother, Skandaraj, is.

“She is a heart patient,” said Navaratnam. “I don’t want to hurt her.”

Skandaraj Navaratnam, 40, was last seen in the early hours of Sept. 10, 2010, leaving Zipperz, a now closed bar near Church and Carlton Sts., with an unknown man.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...nce-2010-watch-news-of-murders-from-afar.html
That is a truly heartbreaking story.

I had my suspicions when i learned of the missing men. i thought it to be related to a serial killer. I can not believe my instincts were right. this man is a monster and i live not far from toronto. it is a grave case indeed

Posting this for readers not familiar with the area and who may be missing a loved one.
http://www.seetorontonow.com/explor...gay-village/#sm.001grpw6u4f6e1s10y71cfaglm1wp
Neighbourhood: The Gay Village
Each year in June, Toronto plays host to Pride Month which culminates in one of the largest pride festivals in the world. This queer celebration turns streets into parades and parking lots into parties and draws a crowd of over a million supporters from around the globe. With concerts, conferences and cultural events throughout, the festival climaxes on its last day with the famous Pride Parade that takes over Toronto’s Yonge Street and fills it with all the colours of the rainbow.

Perhaps his partner, who he shared the apartment with, had a good-paying job and covered the rent. :thinking:

On CP24, the Chief of police was asked by Stephanie Smyth if he can confirm whether planters seized from three different properties were found to contain human remains. He was unable to confirm.

It sounds like more info should be coming out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper