Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bittersweet news today. I've been taking a step back because between this and the Richey case, I was getting really depressed. I'm glad to see we finally know what happened to Skanda, angry that BM was never investigated in his disappearance (he was his angry violent ex boyfriend to be fair!!!!), sad that this monster was allowed to run rampant through this community.

Rest in Peace Skanda.

It may not be a true and accurate account given not everyone turned out to vote, but it's certainly a glimpse into how the majority feels, given the 86%.

No, it's not. Those who intended to vote in favour were more likely to bother to vote. "Not everyone" (53%) is the majority of those eligible to vote who did not.

Curious if BM is being held in a cell of his own and if he is on suicide watch? Would he be kept from the other prisoners?
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/02/23/bruce-mcarthur-facing-6-first-degree-murder-charges-additional-remains-identified/

attachment.php

In this artist's sketch, Bruce McArthur, top, appears via video, as his lawyer Calvin Rosemond, left, speaks and Justice Wendy Agnew, second right, and Crown attorney Michael Cantlon, right, look on in court in Toronto on Wednesday, February 14, 2018. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Alexandra Newbould
Idsinga said more charges are expected to be laid against 66-year-old McArthur, noting that police were combing through hundreds of past cases in search of potential links.

“There’s multiple outstanding murder cases that we’re looking at,” Idsinga told a news conference. “There’s hundreds of outstanding missing persons occurrences that we’re looking at. There’s even some … occurrences where there’s been a sudden death that we’re looking at.”

Attachments

• 18540976.jpg
    18540976.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 204
Thanks for this clarification on how the victims were able to be identified - I initially thought the Det. was only talking about SM and SN.. and was wondering how long fingerprints would remain viable after death.. Now this makes much more sense.

I find it interesting that they were able to use AK's fingerprints. Im not familiar with decomposition so it just astonishes me that months later they were able to use them to identify him.

Yes, he is on suicide watch. I would think he's in a cell by himself, not just because of the suicide watch but for a number of reasons. IMO

CP24 had a long interview with Det. Idsinga and he said BM is on suicide watch. IMO

I know the drawings may not be true to life but it seems he's losing weight, may not be eating as well. IMO

CP24: reporter at Thorncliffe Park apartment and showed an image of a partly demolished wall from his unit. Looking at pipes inside the wall.

LE investigating at a home in the Cabbagetown area.

Yes, he is on suicide watch. I would think he's in a cell by himself, not just because of the suicide watch but for a number of reasons. IMO

CP24 had a long interview with Det. Idsinga and he said BM is on suicide watch. IMO

I know the drawings may not be true to life but it seems he's losing weight, may not be eating as well. IMO

He does look thin. Suicide watch? SMH. This guy was going to keep on killing and hunting for victims.

It was an excellent and lengthy interview. If someone can find it and link it, it is very informative. Thanks.

Thanks for this clarification on how the victims were able to be identified - I initially thought the Det. was only talking about SM and SN.. and was wondering how long fingerprints would remain viable after death.. Now this makes much more sense.

I find it interesting that they were able to use AK's fingerprints. Im not familiar with decomposition so it just astonishes me that months later they were able to use them to identify him.

One of the last things to disappear when you die are your fingerprints. BBC article.

They apparently can be there for years, depending on the heat and humidity and if insects get to them.
Very durable though.

Decomposition starts with the GI system forming gases, hands would be much slower.

One of the last things to disappear when you die are your fingerprints. BBC article.

They apparently can be there for years, depending on the heat and humidity and if insects get to them.
Very durable though.

Decomposition starts with the GI system forming gases, hands would be much slower.
Wow interesting. I had no idea! Thanks for the info JDG!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link!
How horrible and creepy for people living in that building! imo.
https://www.cp24.com/news/alleged-s...ditional-first-degree-murder-charge-1.3815788
attachment.php

A recent picture obtained by CP24 shows a hallway inside Bruce McArthur's Thorncliffe Park Drive home. Det. Sgt. Hank Idsinga said forensics officers removed a section of wall from the hallway to inspect pipes beneath the wall.
Reflecting on the case to date, Idsinga said McArthur fit no established profile of an accused serial killer. He was older than most serial killers, he wasn’t a loner. He has grandchildren.

“It’s scary isn’t it? It’s someone who’s blending in to the community. He seemed to know everyone in the community. It’s a grandfather; it’s what you said, a mall Santa, and a good neighbour.”

“It should give you a little bit of insight into why it’s so hard to catch these guys.”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 220

Very durable though.

It is incredible how long fingerprints can be detected, I remember seeing an oldish tv show about forensic scientists trying to identify a young woman's body, can't remember how long she had been deceased but they placed her hand/hands in some sort of fluid and rehydrated what was left and the fingerprints appeared. A bit like when you spend a long time in the bath and your fingers puff up.

What I do wonder though is how none of the poor victims' remains in the planters were not detected by a pet, or a visitor's dog? I suppose that is part of the deranged psychopathic thinking, really it was a huge risk by McArthur as surely there must have been some sort of dectable scent, even by humans, let alone animals. When you watered the planters or removed dead leaves/flowers? It is a smell that is very distinctive.

I wonder if Andrew Kinsman and Bruce McArthur were caught on CCTV together somewhere close to the date of his disappearance and someone in the area was able to identify McArthur? There's no doubt this is going to be a landmark investigation and I hope that in time a lot of important developments in policing can be learned from it. This thread has been horrifying and will probably get more horrifying but there have been a lot of really informative comments from the very committed contributors here, thank you for that.

Particularly in ways that perhaps studying these patterns, locations, similarities of disappearances, maybe computer programmes could be developed to pick these up and alert LE so that serial killers could be spotted earlier and lives could be saved. Apologies I can't remember who posted a while back about the criminologist who spotted the emerging pattern here and the journalist who kept pressing the issues. I think there are already ways of plotting victims which may pinpoint a likely area where the killer lives. Just hope there might be something to emerge out of this that will help stop the next monster earlier.

My brother Jon Riley went missing May 2013. Can someone pls post the timeline. You can see there is a gap during Project Houston. I tweeted the photo of the timeline but I don’t know how to add the photo to this thread. Here is the link. Thank you.

https://twitter.com/tikitales/status/967287784728805377
Image with timeline is attached.

There also is another thread where I added the link to Jon‘s thread:

Possible victims of alleged serial killer, Bruce McArthur 1970's-2018
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...eged-serial-killer-Bruce-McArthur-1970-s-2018

b1c6a28827ad97c02cc8e48eaf836a8d.jpg

Hope you‘ll have answers soon!

My brother Jon Riley went missing May 2013. Can someone pls post the timeline. You can see there is a gap during Project Houston. I tweeted the photo of the timeline but I don’t know how to add the photo to this thread. Here is the link. Thank you.

https://twitter.com/tikitales/status/967287784728805377

How extraordinarily painful for you, which no doubt is made worse by living so far away. Our hearts go out to you and your family. I hope that you find answers, and, while you are waiting, you find a network of supportive people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313