Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to have since been corrected. Maybe "palatable" was a Freudian slip?
imo.
It was too late to edit my anger emoji above, but wanted to clarify that it was directed at BM for his alleged rude comment.

I thought it was a completely appropriate emjoi given the language used by BM.
And, I smiled at your use of it. Smiles are sometimes hard to come by these days.

He was able to drive with epilepsy? I guess he hadn't had a seizure in a long time. I have some experience with epilepsy and know that sometimes one can go into a petit mal seizure and lose memory of what was said,etc. I've seen complete personality changes when this happened as well.

I just wanted to make mention that depending on what area of the brain is affected, could result in personality changes, but even then, that's also rare.

I say this, because I suffer from Epilepsy. I don't take Dilantin though. I used to, and BEGGED my doctor to take me off of it. Dilantin is mainly used for people who have had brain surgery and risk suffering seizures afterwards. It's used as a preventative measure. It's got BRUTAL side effects, and I mean BRUTAL, and anyone I know who has Epilepsy and who's been on them, will say the same thing, so it boggles my mind how BM was on them (probably not for Epilepsy? I'm gonna guess for off label use such as dysphoria caused by Depression/Anxiety?)

And yes, you can drive with Epilepsy provided you are seizure free for 1 year.

I've been really pondering this question, but quite hesitant to ask it:

What are the chances that BM does not fit the textbook profile of a serial killer? What if he's only been killing around the time he killed Skanda or shortly before (if there were victims before Skanda?) Does anyone think that he's possibly killed only in his later years or are you more on the side of what a professional profiler says?

It's something to ponder definitely. BM can possibly break the mold IMHO...

Feb 26 2018
rbbm.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/unexp...overy-of-bruce-mcarthur-friends-say-1.3818822
"It baffles me to think that Bruce could think he could get away with it," Healey said. "If Bruce is predominantly attacking marginalized people, then Andrew is obviously a mistake or he is tripping up because he wants to get caught."

McArthur has not entered a plea. He is under suicide watch and is due back in court Wednesday. Edward Royle, a lawyer for McArthur, has previously declined to comment on the case and didn’t respond to messages for comment this weekend.
An assistant machine operator at a printing company, Faizi went missing on Dec. 29, 2010. Trying to determine why, his Muslim family accessed his computer and was shocked to discover he had been secretly going to bathhouses in the Gay Village and was on gay dating apps for older and large men with names such as "SilverDaddies" and "Bear411" -- sites police later linked to McArthur as well.

When they then went to police, officers suggested he had probably just left, the relative said. Faizi’s wife divorced him, thinking he abandoned her and their two young daughters.

"Police were so convinced that he just decided to leave and start another life. It made the family pretty convinced that that was the case as well," said the relative, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to a lack of permission from the family to speak publicly.

"Nobody really looked for him."

What I found MOST interesting from learning about BM being on Dilantin (at least in 2001) was the unknown interactions when combined with 'poppers' and (according to the article) not knowing WHAT caused the violent incident. Assuming no one could give a plausible motive at the time of sentencing; BM self-reported to be a mess, attorneys could not present one, and certainly not the victim.

Also fascinating, is the fact that BM went directly to LE and turned himself in after the 2001 assault. Look how far the pendulum has swung since 2001: from immediately confessing to a physical assault to the present day's repeated murder, planning and hiding remains for years; in silence.

What if he just went directly to the LE because he knew he would be caught - so he runs there to confess, so that he looked innocent in the whole matter...

I wonder why McArthur wasn't working at the Macgregor sock job anymore. Did he quit? Was he fired? What happened that he went bankrupt? Why did he become a landscaper? Was it to be his own boss or something else?

Maybe to keep income under the table.

I've been really pondering this question, but quite hesitant to ask it:

What are the chances that BM does not fit the textbook profile of a serial killer? What if he's only been killing around the time he killed Skanda or shortly before (if there were victims before Skanda?) Does anyone think that he's possibly killed only in his later years or are you more on the side of what a professional profiler says?

It's something to ponder definitely. BM can possibly break the mold IMHO...

I think you can find examples of serial killers who, as you say, break the mold if you look. Profiling is by no means an exact science. The question in my mind is whether BM was always into rough sex (with female partners earlier), or whether he was free to explore his liking for it only after he came out. (And not just rough sex, because I think his probable paraphilia is sex while killing, and/or necrophilia, like Dahmer.) This all happened fairly late in life for him. I'm not convinced he started killing until after 1999.

I think you can find examples of serial killers who, as you say, break the mold if you look. Profiling is by no means an exact science. The question in my mind is whether BM was always into rough sex (with female partners earlier), or whether he was free to explore his liking for it only after he came out. (And not just rough sex, because I think his probable paraphilia is sex while killing, and/or necrophilia, like Dahmer.) This all happened fairly late in life for him. I'm not convinced he started killing until after 1999.
Maybe Canada or at least Ontario, breeds unusual serial killers?
speculation.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...serial_killer_like_none_police_have_seen.html
By Jim Rankin and Sandro Contenta
Oct. 9, 2010
rbbm.
Col. Russell Williams: A serial killer like none police have seen

He seemed successful and happy, yet at 44 he embarked on a life of crime that escalated from panty fetish to murder. To the experts, Col. Russell Williams seems a walking Jekyll and Hyde.
The crimes gave investigators no reason to suspect a link.

In Ottawa, a burglar was stealing lingerie in a middle-class neighbourhood, careful to break in when no one was home.

In Tweed, 200 kilometres west, two women were sexually assaulted by a man who took pictures but did not attempt penetration.

In Brighton, south of Tweed, an air force flight attendant was badly beaten, raped and murdered.

The modi operandi could not have been more different.

Police considered a link to the Tweed sexual assaults when Jessica Elizabeth Lloyd, 27, went missing in late January from her home near the village.

But nothing could have prepared them for the suspect they finally caught.

Col. David Russell Williams — who this past week indicated through his lawyer that he intends to plead guilty on Oct. 18 to two murders, two sex assaults and a string of fetish break-ins — is a serial killer like none they have ever seen.
“This guy is quite unusual,” says psychologist Vernon Quinsey, who spent 16 years assessing criminals at the Oak Ridge maximum security psychiatric hospital in Penetanguishene.

“We're learning from this case,” adds an informed source, who requested anonymity.

“We haven't seen guys like this in the past and we don't expect to see a lot of them in the future.”

Williams had a successful career and a long, apparently loving marriage, and didn't embark on a life of crime until he began a series of fetish home burglaries in September 2007, at the age of 44.

“It's very unusual for a guy who's got his act together like that ... to all of a sudden start committing crimes at a late age,” says Quinsey, professor emeritus of psychology, biology and psychiatry at Queen's University.

“The guys you typically see start earlier,” he adds.

“Almost nobody starts a life of crime when they're in their 40s.”

Maybe Canada or at least Ontario, breeds unusual serial killers?
speculation.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...serial_killer_like_none_police_have_seen.html
By Jim Rankin and Sandro Contenta
Oct. 9, 2010
rbbm.

I think the same can be said of Paul Bernardo and Karla Holmolka, although younger. IMO
Seemed happily married, both employed and appeared 'normal' to most. IMO
Then, they killed her baby sister, although probably by accident if you believe their story. IMO

That, seems to have triggered peculiar, homicidal urges in both. IMO

I have never believed that PB was the killer, he certainly was vile and a rapist but I believe that KH did the killings. IMO

Off topic: I watched the Russell interrogation video. Jim Smyth is brilliant!
Fifth Estate did a great episode about that! It had some real eye opening analysis of the interrogation. Crazy stuff! It's on YouTube if anyone wants to watch it.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

O/T

I've got pictures of my niece and nephew holding the Olympic Torch from the 2010 winter Olympics. In all the pictures, both my niece and nephew are actually frowning - they are happy-go-lucky kids. When I inquired about this, they told me it was Colonel Russell Williams that passed the torch to them. They both got a really bad 'vibe' from him. Crazy, eh?!

Off topic: I watched the Russell Williams interrogation video. Jim Smyth is brilliant!

Have to agree, these interview tapes should be mandatory viewing for all detectives. Williams met his match and crumbled, although luckily they had enough evidence on him and told him so. Smyth used the fact that he guessed Williams would want to "get back in control" of the situation and Williams went for it completely.

Strangely enough, I think a lot of what Williams said was actually true (not the usual "I strangled her by accident" nonsense). The way he talks about the prolonged periods of terror that he put these women through is absolutely chilling, they and their families feelings meant absolutely nothing to him. Yet he was worried about his wife and his cat. I think it is absolutely exemplary of the way some killers do connect and can care about some significant others whilst their victims are put into a completely different compartment.

Gives the lie to the fact that their brains cannot feel empathy for others, they can for a few individuals, they choose to switch off these feelings in order to commit their crimes. Or they see others as sub-human, the women working in prostitution, people struggling with drink and drugs, the economically deprived, people of a different racial group. And as looks likely in McArthur's case, they can have a hatred of people who are homosexual when in fact they have these feelings themselves but cannot reconcile themselves to the fact.

Unfortunately it's still true that society (police included) have a "hierarchy of victims", so killers who select these groups are likely to get away with it for longer.

Thank you to all of you who are documenting and following up on BM and his victims.

I had to step away from researching and posting but am still following along in the background.

My heart goes out to family and friends of this monster’s known victims, as well as those still waiting for news.

I think the same can be said of Paul Bernardo and Karla Holmolka, although younger. IMO
Seemed happily married, both employed and appeared 'normal' to most. IMO
Then, they killed her baby sister, although probably by accident if you believe their story. IMO

That, seems to have triggered peculiar, homicidal urges in both. IMO

I have never believed that PB was the killer, he certainly was vile and a rapist but I believe that KH did the killings. IMO

You and me both! I don't think PB necessarily wanted to kill; his perversions were entirely sexual. Whereas KH remains the mystery - she has to be a psychopath, but I think she killed because it was convenient to eliminate their victims.

Anyone see this outrageous article today?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-into-alleged-serial-killer/article38124737/?

Toronto police might have identified a suspected serial killer in the city's gay village earlier if people who had crossed his path had been more forthcoming with investigators in the past, Chief Mark Saunders says."We knew something was up. … We did not have the evidence," Chief Saunders said in an interview with The Globe and Mail, noting that Bruce McArthur, who was recently charged with the deaths of six men, was a well-known member of the community. "If anyone knew before us, it's people who knew him very, very well. And so that did not come out."
The chief defended his service's handling of a two-year investigation called Project Houston launched in 2012, into the disappearances of three men of similar ages and physical appearance who had ties to the village. Members of the LGBTQ community have criticized the service for not recognizing a potential serial killer sooner. Chief Saunders said he is confident his officers did all they could based on the information they had at the time.

"I've heard a lot of sources say certain things, and had those sources said those things when we had Project Houston, I think there is a very strong potential that the outcome could have been different," Chief Saunders said.
He later added: "We knew that people were missing and we knew we didn't have the right answers. But nobody was coming to us with anything."

Unbelievable. blaming the community that BEGGED them to take action. Was it the community's fault that project houston failed to investigate Skanda's VIOLENT EX BOYFRIEND BRUCE MCARTHUR????

No words. Mark Saunders needs to GO. Essentially admitting the investigators were unable to do their jobs competently but also blaming people at risk of being murdered themselves for not doing anything, even though they didn't have the tools and resources LE has for their work. Just wtf. Also maybe it would help if TPS uploaded missing persons cases to that RCMP database at the rate of other municipal police forces in major Canadian cities! Of course - passing the buck onto the community that's been victimized. Too busy raiding dispensaries and arguing about whether they should march in the parade.

I know someone who had been best friends with him for years. They had no idea. Obviously.

Ugh. That’s infuriating.

The people who knew him aren’t *trained* to catch him. You are. And you messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its also fair to say that the couple who live in the home on Mallory knew BM for how long?? Years.
From the shocked looks on their faces the first time they were on tv, they didn't find anything 'off' about him or they would never have allowed him to use their garage and enter their home.

He must have been able to fit in almost everywhere, with flare ups of his temper occasionally, as in the Second Cup episode. Most people do not call the police over those types of issues, they simply ban the person from their shop/coffee shop/etc. Having a bad temper doesn't make one a murderer.

He has worked for many people around the city and obviously never raised any suspicion.

For the men who had relationships with BM, obviously there was a level of trust there too. Then, he turned.....

Now JTory, the toady, is sticking his nose in. He needs to go too.

Im not in any way sticking up for the chief but when someone disappears, if they are an adult there must be some proof that they have come to harm. We do have the right to leave whatever our situation is....and many do.

These murderers are so far from normal, it makes it very hard to find them.

Russell Williams ONLY concern was about his wife and transferring properties to her name. The victims, oh well.

Same with Dellen Millard, as soon as he was arrested his mother took control of ALL of the properties.

These are NOT normal people in any way, shape or form. Its all very frightening when they fit in so well.

New tip about mcarthur's old home in oshawa.

Homicide investigating tip from neighbour who used to live next door to alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur

https://globalnews.ca/news/4051555/...?utm_source=GlobalToronto&utm_medium=Facebook
Wow! They are aware of the information and are deciding how to proceed with the investigation? Wonder what they are deciding on.

RBBM
The neighbour, who spoke to Global News anonymously, said that his 14-year-old daughter used to babysit the children at the home in the Thornton and Taunton roads area and that she was forbidden from going into the basement and in the garage.

He also said he told investigators that one morning in the late 1990s, before the McArthurs sold the home, he noticed a large rock had been placed on the front lawn — despite the fact that there was no other landscaping work done on the lawn. The rock remains there to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member