GUILTY Canada - Catherine 'Catie' Miller, 29, Dartmouth, NS, 15 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped from the link in the post above:

...The last new piece of information in the case was a phone that was turned in about a month ago. Police say it was linked to Catie, but they still haven’t said how.

“So police aren’t telling us anything,” says John. “They say that’s best investigative practice.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/1567615/v...-since-catherine-catie-millers-disappearance/

Dozens attended Tuesday’s vigil where Miller’s mother Terry Miller sang a song called One Day at a Time by Kris Kristofferson, she said it’s become the theme song to her life as she waits, and hopes, for her daughter’s safe return.

The Halifax Regional Police said investigators aren’t ruling anything out as they continue the search, but John Miller said he doesn’t think his daughter ran away.

“We gained access to her apartment about two and a half weeks ago and became aware of a few more things that led us to believe that she didn’t plan on going anywhere,” John said. “There were fresh baked cookies and I think if you’re going to go somewhere and you bake cookies, you take them with you or you don’t bake them...”

from your link:

to add to the credibility that her departure was not planned,

"...and there was a cat that was not fed and she always loved cats, and of course she has a son who she loved very much.”

As a cat lover myself - I agree.

Catie Miller’s parents are still searching for answers three months after she disappeared from her apartment in Dartmouth.

Miller, 29, last spoke to her family on July 15, when she texted her mother. She didn’t indicate she intended to go anywhere, but she hasn’t been seen or heard from since.
Adding to the family’s pain, Miller says they recently had to clean out Catie’s apartment.

“That’s very emotional, very emotional to be going through everything and putting it in totes and boxes and the like,” he says. “It just underlines the ugliness of the whole situation.”
http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/catie-miller-s-family-still-searching-for-answers-three-months-after-disappearance-1.2055327?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Wow! It was surprise to check in here and see an arrest has been made! That's good news at least, but of course sad about Catie. RIP
Wonder what his connect to her was?

Wow! It was surprise to check in here and see an arrest has been made! That's good news at least, but of course sad about Catie. RIP
Wonder what his connect to her was?

I too wonder.
He had no fixed address
I do hope they find her so her family can rest a little easier
This is terrible

I was saddened to hear this on the local radio today. Hits close to home. Sending prayers to her family.

from your link:

''Johnson, of no fixed address is known to police; he has eight criminal convictions, including possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, possession of a prohibited weapon knowing its possession is unauthorized, public mischief, theft over $5,000, uttering threats, impaired driving and two counts of breaching probation."

sounds like every parent's nightmare---someone you would pray would stay away from your daughter MOO

Charging this guy with first degree murder - they're not messing around. They must have some solid evidence. They probably waited for someone to narc on him.

Very sad news indeed. It sounds to me as though they were able to track down the taxi after all and knew that she was not the one who got in it but likely him with a large bag. Very reminiscent of the Loretta Saunders case. Her poor Parents have been relentless in their search. I hope they can bring her home soon and begin healing from this nightmare. RIP Catie

I hate this! I knew after awhile that more than likely she would not be found like we wanted her to but i guess the now knowing is just sad. Her poor parents. I hope he will tell them where she is so she can be laid to rest properly. Prayers for her parents and family and her little boy :(

Thanks for info ^ - interesting, in the article it first mentions they were in a relationship, but then in the next paragraph it states: it says,
Jim Perrin said he couldn’t categorize the type of relationship that Miller had with the 29-year-old Johnson
so no idea what that means... maybe weaseled his way into her life by offering to help her setup new apartment....

It's interesting that police say their investigation shifted to a homicide very early on, Canadian law enforcement doesn't like to share information one bit. As someone who lives in the area, had the pleasure of making Caties acquiantance through mutual friends and was familiar with her struggles it's a damn shame that her case wasn't more actively pursued initially. Anyone not actively following the case could easily miss the articles in which they mention details, like the fresh baked cookies, making it seem unlikely she was planning to walk away from her family. It's unfortunate that anytime someone suffers from depression or is dealing with life events that are less than ideal the theory becomes suicide. This case should never have taken this long to be resolved, her parents should have been informed at the very least that police were considering it a homicide case. It breaks my heart that her dear family had to wonder if she had done this when it's been clear to police for almost the duration of the investigation that this was not the case.

Sorry this is long and somewhat rambling, I can't think straight about this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back