Deceased/Not Found Canada - Catherine Todd, 48, Kitchener, 18 March 2013 *J. Parise guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
his fb has been shutdown i believe

Seems to certainly have disappeared. Not unusual if he has friends, family or a lawyer who have visited him in jail. If there are any other social networks such as MySpace which he was posting on, chances are they will be gone too. I am not surprised. ***** I never thought to get a screenshot of some of his stuff on fb, such as his post about "domestic violence" and his DUI charges. :doh: Did anyone capture anything?

Seems to certainly have disappeared. Not unusual if he has friends, family or a lawyer who have visited him in jail. If there are any other social networks such as MySpace which he was posting on, chances are they will be gone too. I am not surprised. ***** I never thought to get a screenshot of some of his stuff on fb, such as his post about "domestic violence" and his DUI charges. :doh: Did anyone capture anything?

Interesting... I was looking at it last night when I was on this thread, so around 9ish. At that time, there was a post from who I think is his sister, thanking family & friends for their support. Perhaps she decided it should be shut down.

I did not get a screen shot! Don't even know how... :dunno:

MSM reports suggest that witnesses saw the loveseat on JSP's truck, IIRC... I do not think he put it out at the curb for pickup. That would be far riskier than dumping it, especially because it may draw interest of passersby who might want to take it home! I suspect he delivered it to the landfill himself, knowing it would be swallowed up in the tonnes of garbage almost immediately, IMO. He's in construction in the Region of Waterloo, so he is likely quite familiar with the procedures at the landfill from taking construction waste there. And in general, I think people stick with places/routines that they are familiar with.

I just spoke to someone who uses the Erb St. landfill site now & then - so this is just anecdotal information. He says that when he dumps waste there, before he's even pulled away, there are two big bulldozers that are pushing whatever he dumped into the big pile. And that those 2 bulldozers work constantly all day long, pushing and compacting the refuse. He thinks that one area may serve as the dumping ground for up to 3 or 4 weeks, then they move onto another area. And that his truck is weighed on the way in, and again on the way out, and he pays on the difference in weight. Does anyone know if employees there record the license plate numbers of all vehicles using the landfill site?

yes license plates are logged - each resident in the region is allowed to dump a certain weight for free each year (tracked via license plates) and has to pay a fee beyond the allowed weight.

This is horrible that LE has not found her yet. My heart goes out to her loved ones. It seems LE is working seven days a week to find her. Pray that she is found very soon so her loved ones can lay her to rest with some dignity.

They should take the who killed her to the dump and make him dig with his bare hands through the rancid garbage until he finds her. Even if it takes him a lifetime, that would still not be justice served IMO. :furious:

Grim search at landfill continues through weekend

http://www.therecord.com/news/local...-search-at-landfill-continues-through-weekend

Pardon me.

I mistakenly thought a whole bunch of posts were gone.

Sorry folks! :eek:

You had me wondering what I'd missed! :wink:

I don't like how quiet it is here, it's taking far too long for LE to find evidence - are we at two weeks now of searching the landfill? So - are they off on a wild goose chase? Or is the evidence just so destroyed that it isn't possible to identify it?

I'm praying that LE is able to do the only two things that can be done for Catherine now - bring her home to her family for a proper burial, and find enough evidence to build a solid case against her killer. :prayer:

I was told they have enough evidence to bring him down, I wouldn't worry to much about that. Also last week they had just gotten through one day of garbage. Apparently it's just a ridiculous amount of garbage.

I'm very curious about JSP's actions between the 18th/19th and when LE apprehended him. Do you suppose he showed up on the construction site as usual? If his truck (& him?) was seen at 9 a.m. leaving her building with the loveseat, then he was not at work that morning. Did he usually work every day? If so, there may be work related people (general contractor/employees/subcontractors) who can give evidence that he was MIA one day/days that week.

Maybe he disposed of CT's body elsewhere but the loveseat went to the dump. He may have taken the loveseat to disposed of because it was a disguise to get her body out of the apartment. I'm assuming it must have not been covered it blood as this would have been pretty obvious to anyone who might have seen him. I guess he could have covered it in a tarp or something, but the fact someone saw him leaving is a pretty indication IMO they saw the loveseat also. I would not be surprised if he is not cooperating with LE. It's possible he believes without a body he can deny his involvement. Here's hoping if he did have Onstar and a cell phone, LE thoroughly check these to find out where he had been. RIP Catherine. This will not get away with what he did to you. Justice will prevail.

Maybe he disposed of CT's body elsewhere but the loveseat went to the dump. He may have taken the loveseat to disposed of because it was a disguise to get her body out of the apartment. I'm assuming it must have not been covered it blood as this would have been pretty obvious to anyone who might have seen him. I guess he could have covered it in a tarp or something, but the fact someone saw him leaving is a pretty indication IMO they saw the loveseat also. I would not be surprised if he is not cooperating with LE. It's possible he believes without a body he can deny his involvement. Here's hoping if he did have Onstar and a cell phone, LE thoroughly check these to find out where he had been. RIP Catherine. This will not get away with what he did to you. Justice will prevail.

Just to add - MSM reports have indicated that the loveseat may have been covered in a blanket or sheet. I am speculating that LE might have that information from witness accounts... or that it may have been a deduction based on the amount of blood elsewhere in the apartment, suggesting that he would have needed to cover it in order to not raise suspicions as he moved it.

Just to add - MSM reports have indicated that the loveseat may have been covered in a blanket or sheet. I am speculating that LE might have that information from witness accounts... or that it may have been a deduction based on the amount of blood elsewhere in the apartment, suggesting that he would have needed to cover it in order to not raise suspicions as he moved it.

Basically LE are searching the dump with the hope of locating the loveseat with CT's deceased body in it. I would like to know where they got this info, but more importantly...where's CT? Yes I realize there are cameras and employees at the dump who may have witnessed him there, or a receipt found in his truck, but that's not proof she's inside the loveseat. I bet she isn't where they are looking. :moo: Seems the only reason he took the loveseat was to take her body out in, if there was blood in her apartment. Many things make me wonder why he bothered to even take her body and the loveseat if it was obvious there was blood shed in the apartment. And especially if she was known to have many visitors coming and going. Of course unless they had sexual relations before he killed her. A rape kit used on CT could have ID him (unprotected sex) if he had left her in the apartment. If he got cut/injured and his blood was there, I doubt he could have removed all his DNA. LE would have eventually caught up with him. Seems he took a bigger risk leaving with the loveseat because then he had to dispose of it and CT. Odd case indeed. He just doesn't seem that bright...maybe still on a "roid rage" when he left. He took her because his DNA was on her IMHO. And being as he had a previous charge of DV I'm sure he had been fingerprinted and is in the system, which would make it easier for LE to ID him.

Basically LE are searching the dump with the hope of locating the loveseat with CT's deceased body in it. I would like to know where they got this info, but more importantly...where's CT? Yes I realize there are cameras and employees at the dump who may have witnessed him there, or a receipt found in his truck, but that's not proof she's inside the loveseat. I bet she isn't where they are looking. :moo: Seems the only reason he took the loveseat was to take her body out in, if there was blood in her apartment. Many things make me wonder why he bothered to even take her body and the loveseat if it was obvious there was blood shed in the apartment. And especially if she was known to have many visitors coming and going. Of course unless they had sexual relations before he killed her. A rape kit used on CT could have ID him (unprotected sex) if he had left her in the apartment. If he got cut/injured and his blood was there, I doubt he could have removed all his DNA. LE would have eventually caught up with him. Seems he took a bigger risk leaving with the loveseat because then he had to dispose of it and CT. Odd case indeed. He just doesn't seem that bright...maybe still on a "roid rage" when he left. He took her because his DNA was on her IMHO. And being as he had a previous charge of DV I'm sure he had been fingerprinted and is in the system, which would make it easier for LE to ID him.

I find it confusing, too, why he would take the loveseat and her body, but leave obvious signs of foul play... and apparently, the door open a bit, too. Just seems sloppy. If he was thinking enough to hide her body in the loveseat, then it seems he would be thinking enough to clean up the apartment and lock it up, leaving no obvious signs of what took place there.

Your speculation that he was interested mostly in getting rid of evidence with his DNA may well be the answer.

I hope that LE are not relying solely on his word that the loveseat & CT are at the landfill site. Because although cameras/records may place him at the dump in the right time period, he could have had other business there - he may have just dropped off construction waste. Unless cameras show him with the loveseat on the truck - but as you say, that would not be proof that her body was still inside it.

I have a feeling she's not where LE are looking. :( I understand there is tons and tons of garbage at the Waterloo dump to sift through, but tomorrow marks three weeks of searching the dump for a large item...the love seat. And I have the feeling the is not cooperating with LE either.

My heart goes out to Catherine's family and loved ones during this difficult time.

I dont understand why they haven't found her.... everyday I look for some news but nothing for many weeks now....

Is it me or I can't see anything now on his Facebook page? The posts are all deleted.

Is it me or I can't see anything now on his Facebook page? The posts are all deleted.

Yes, I think it is shut down... we were posting about that back around the 9th or 10th of April, I believe. Haven't checked since then, though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whistlerbowl
Back