Deceased/Not Found Canada - Catherine Todd, 48, Kitchener, 18 March 2013 *J. Parise guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
VERY close. You need to take Lorraine to River, rt on River, left on Ephraim. It is in Rosemount neighbourhood, right near the Expressway. Again, just a normal middle class neighbourhood, 3-4 story walk-ups, etc. Houses all built around the same time as Heritage Park (where Lorraine is located). I lived in Rosemount in the early 2000's, on Becker Street. Quiet (other than the expressway), friendly. Normal.

I am wondering if they think she might actually be IN the loveseat.

Exactly what I said earlier .. I really think that was how her body was removed.. and the mention of 6 witnesses, that makes me think someone helped him carry it out, without knowing what they were actually doing. EEK.

If it took a week to arrest him, maybe they followed him a little and have a good idea where to look for her.

I'm wondering how they're certain she's dead. The reports initially said the investigation in her apartment led them to believe she suffered injuries relating to her disappearance. So they likely found some blood and signs of a struggle. And now they're looking for a body. Did they get a confession out of him last night?

I'm wondering how they're certain she's dead. The reports initially said the investigation in her apartment led them to believe she suffered injuries relating to her disappearance. So they likely found some blood and signs of a struggle. And now they're looking for a body. Did they get a confession out of him last night?

I just assumed they found a lot of blood. :(

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/909654--police-lay-second-degree-murder-charge-in-missing-woman-case

The accused man lived with his mother in an Ephraim Street house in Kitchener that has been searched by police as part of the investigation.

...superintendent of the building where Todd lived with her blind and frail small dog, said he saw numerous men coming and going from her apartment.

Other tenants had complained about all the men using her parking spot and staying for short periods of time, and he raised concerns with her about what might be going on.

“She made a very serious, sometimes even depressed, impression on me,” said Kraut, who recalled Todd saying her many visitors were relatives.

He also said Todd had a boyfriend who came around often and may have been the person who reported her missing.

Oh, I don't like where this seems to be heading :(

Interesting. Men coming and going from her apartment could imply a couple of things. Catherine doesn't strike me as a prostitute at all. Jay Parise, who (IMO) sees himself as some kind of Adonis, doesn't strike me as the type who would pay for sex with a 'plain jane' woman twice his age. I'm sure he'd have no problem picking up a piece of tail in a club.

He does, however, strike me as a steroid user. He has an admitted violent past. He's very 'into' himself and his physique, judging by the numerous shirtless photos of himself on his FB.

Catherine was unemployed. She may have been selling drugs/steroids as a source of income.

Drug deal gone bad? Victim of 'Roid Rage?

Interesting. Men coming and going from her apartment could imply a couple of things. Catherine doesn't strike me as a prostitute at all. Jay Parise, who (IMO) sees himself as some kind of Adonis, doesn't strike me as the type who would pay for sex with a 'plain jane' woman twice his age. I'm sure he'd have no problem picking up a piece of tail in a club.

He does, however, strike me as a steroid user. He has an admitted violent past. He's very 'into' himself and his physique, judging by the numerous shirtless photos of himself on his FB.

Catherine was unemployed. She may have been selling drugs/steroids as a source of income.

I had the same thoughts
She had fallen upon hard times financially

I had similar thoughts. But also, there have been reports that she was not well... and so there remains the possibility that the male visitors might have been relatives, as she said... checking on her, helping her? Unfortunately, this report just hints without explanation, which leaves it open to speculation.

Must be hard for Catherine's family to read such stuff in MSM, especially if they did not know anything about it before.

I had similar thoughts. But also, there have been reports that she was not well... and so there remains the possibility that the male visitors might have been relatives, as she said... checking on her, helping her? Unfortunately, this report just hints without explanation, which leaves it open to speculation.

Must be hard for Catherine's family to read such stuff in MSM, especially if they did not know anything about it before.

That is certainly a possibility
I wonder what the connection was between Catherine and Parise
How did she know him?

Definitely. I got the impression she was dealing with depression issues, but it may have been more.

I noticed from his photos on FB that he seems to work in construction. I would think searching his recent job sites might turn up some clues as to where the love seat and possibly Catherine might be. Just a thought. Praying she is okay, but it doesn't sound good.

I feel she suffered a violent death, how tragic :( what was the motive here?

Surely the boyfriend can shed some light on this. If its drugs or sex and many randoms entering her building he would have an idea of what may have been going on hence speedy arrest.

There are lots of rural areas around the Stratford area where he could have burnt the loveseat. Plenty of vast land where it would not be out of the ordinary...

I noticed from his photos on FB that he seems to work in construction. I would think searching his recent job sites might turn up some clues as to where the love seat and possibly Catherine might be. Just a thought. Praying she is okay, but it doesn't sound good.

There are lots of rural areas around the Stratford area where he could have burnt the loveseat. Plenty of vast land where it would not be out of the ordinary...

They seem to have narrowed the search to a specific area of the Waterloo Region landfill site, and have indicated they've received information.

I'd still like to know how they are certain that she's is dead at this point.

They seem to have narrowed the search to a specific area of the Waterloo Region landfill site, and have indicated they've received information.

I'd still like to know how they are certain that she's is dead at this point.

Earlier this week (Mon Mar 25), MSM was reporting that she may still be alive... so I think it may have been after JSP's arrest on Tuesday that MSM confirmed that she was not. So - perhaps he confirmed her death? and also told LE where to look for the loveseat (and maybe her body, too?). LE must be certain, or the charge would not be second degree murder. All just speculation, :moo:

Earlier this week (Mon Mar 25), MSM was reporting that she may still be alive... so I think it may have been after JSP's arrest on Tuesday that MSM confirmed that she was not. So - perhaps he confirmed her death? and also told LE where to look for the loveseat (and maybe her body, too?). LE must be certain, or the charge would not be second degree murder. All just speculation, :moo:

Yep. I'm thinking they got a confession out of him.

But why did he kill her....

I see on JSP's FB page that a friend has expressed hope that this is 'just all a huge mistake' - and that comment was liked by 8 others - so at least some of his friends must find it hard to believe he'd do this, I guess.

But given his history, and his fascination with himself, it does not seem all that surprising to me.

However, I do notice a trend amongst the younger crowd to LOVE pics of themselves - all the social media these days seems to encourage shameless self promotion and attention-seeking. So, in his love of self, perhaps he's just what passes for normal these days.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/910153--catherine-todd-investigation-continues

Tips from the public have been credited with advancing the investigation. Homicide detectives are still seeking help at 519-650-8500, ext. 8314, or through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online.

I think JSP has been directed to have no contact with six witnesses. Wonder what they witnessed? Him moving the loveseat? coming/going from her apartment? at the landfill site? odd behaviour in days following the 18th/19th?

Wonder if he was at work during the week between her disappearance and his arrest?

The murder to me fascinates me, however your right .. His past did kind of lead to this .. But even for him murder seems extreme

The murder to me fascinates me, however your right .. His past did kind of lead to this .. But even for him murder seems extreme

Hi, JG, and Welcome! I see you are new to WS!

Do you know JSP? Your wording 'even for him' makes me wonder if you do... if he's a friend, I'm sorry, this must be a shock.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back