Deceased/Not Found Canada - Catherine Todd, 48, Kitchener, 18 March 2013 *J. Parise guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Non-update:

"WATERLOO — Homicide detectives returned to the Waterloo landfill Monday looking for a missing loveseat sofa — and maybe the body of a missing Kitchener woman. Investigators were methodically digging into trash through the holiday weekend, said Insp. Kevin Thaler of Waterloo Regional Police."

http://www.therecord.com/news/local...ntinue-digging-at-waterloo-landfill-on-monday

The cream-coloured couch is missing from her apartment. It was seen being taken away in a pickup truck. Police seized a truck last week.

from your link, BBM

I think this is the first time I've seen it actually confirmed that there was a witness(es?) to the loveseat being taken away in the truck. Previously I had wondered if it was an assumption that it was moved by the truck, simply because it was missing from the apartment.

Maybe... but it's nice to be welcomed anyway :wink:

I sure hope I didn't offend you or hurt your feelings. I just took for granted (not the right thing to do!) that you already had the "red carpet welcoming" soon after you joined. :blushing:

If you didn't, welcome to the forum Greenthumb! And, please accept my apologies.

from your link, BBM

I think this is the first time I've seen it actually confirmed that there was a witness(es?) to the loveseat being taken away in the truck. Previously I had wondered if it was an assumption that it was moved by the truck, simply because it was missing from the apartment.

I think you're right. I wondered how they knew there was a loveseat missing, or what it even looked liked, and assumed they had some information but they didn't really say what... other than "it might be covered by a blanket" or some such.

Odd they haven't located it yet after this many days. You'd think a piece of furniture wouldn't be that hard to find in a landfill site.

I think you're right. I wondered how they knew there was a loveseat missing, or what it even looked liked, and assumed they had some information but they didn't really say what... other than "it might be covered by a blanket" or some such.

Odd they haven't located it yet after this many days. You'd think a piece of furniture wouldn't be that hard to find in a landfill site.

BBM

He owns a construction company and I would imagine there are many large holes available to him. I just hope that loveseat isn't buried under a slab of concrete.

:moo:

BBM

He owns a construction company and I would imagine there are many large holes available to him. I just hope that loveseat isn't buried under a slab of concrete.

:moo:

They're focused on a very specific area of the Waterloo landfill site, and have indicated they've had information to lead them there.

:welcome: Justguessing

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Sorry about my momentary lapse. ;)

Maybe... but it's nice to be welcomed anyway :wink:

Thanks. Ya know what, I might just start doing that on every thread, just welcoming people - people that've been here for years too. Yeah... Throw us all off our kilter lol.

I sure hope I didn't offend you or hurt your feelings. I just took for granted (not the right thing to do!) that you already had the "red carpet welcoming" soon after you joined. :blushing:

If you didn't, welcome to the forum Greenthumb! And, please accept my apologies.

I don't mean to hijack this thread with all this welcome stuff but what you just said is the sweetest thing! I'm usually like that too, apologizing for something that doesn't need an apology. It shows how sincere & conscientious you are. No need for an apoly. ;)

:welcome: Jasper52

Lmao :D

I think its amazing that somebody here said her body could actually be inside of it & now that appears to be something the police may thing as well.

Since he works as a contractor, wouldn't he have use of dumpsters? I wonder if there's a log book kept for each dumpster pickup & for that garbage released into the landfill. If so, that could also explain how authorities know which section of the landfill to search.

I don't mean to hijack this thread with all this welcome stuff but what you just said is the sweetest thing! I'm usually like that too, apologizing for something that doesn't need an apology. It shows how sincere & conscientious you are. No need for an apoly. ;)

:welcome: Jasper52

Lmao :D

Its in our nature, we are Canadian. LOL

I'm still curious as to why he was there.

What is her old address? Has anyone searched ads using her old address as well as her newest one? Maybe that would yield some clues. If there's a chance she was involved in something questionable, where would she have advertised?

Here in the states, we have Craigslist, BackPage, some other stuff too... I'm curious if Canada has similar papers & sites for offering goods.

What about if she's not in the landfill? Is there a chance he dumped her somewhere else?

Oh, goodness... didn't mean it that way at all, Jasper! My apologies, I was just making light of it... or so I thought. No, I wasn't at all offended, no worries.

And... I think I've seen you 'around' before, but nice to more 'formally' meet you :)... and you, too, JerseyGirl! (I like your idea, just posting random 'welcomes' here & there... never hurts to make someone feel welcome!)

Here in the states, we have Craigslist, BackPage, some other stuff too... I'm curious if Canada has similar papers & sites for offering goods.

Yes, those sites are available here, too - and for Kitchener specifically - but I don't know much about them... kinda hate to go looking there for those kind of ads, to be honest :innocent:

Thanks. Ya know what, I might just start doing that on every thread, just welcoming people - people that've been here for years too. Yeah... Throw us all off our kilter lol.

LOL!

People post services on Craigslist and kijiji, but aren't in the habit of posting addresses and phone numbers...especially women. Usually just emails to contact.

50 Lorraine Ave, Kitchener Ontario. I've googled it before, nothing really comes up but a few articles involving the crime.

What about if she's not in the landfill? Is there a chance he dumped her somewhere else?

She could essentially be anywhere I suppose, but police are focused on one area of the landfil, and have declared she's presumed dead (looking for body). We're thinking they got some kind of confession from him, as this was announced the day after they arrested Parise.

“We know the loveseat is in the landfill,” Thaler said. “Somebody’s taken this loveseat to the landfill.
“Is her body there? Sadly, that is a possibility.”
The loveseat may have been covered in a blanket or sheet.
Staff at the Region of Waterloo are using an excavator to help police with the search. The search began earlier this week and was expected to continue into the weekend.
Thaler said it isn’t a random search. Material is moved into the landfill site in a planned way, he said.
“There’s a specific area” that’s being searched, he said.
The search is expected to take some time.
“It was pretty clear this was going to be a large search — not an overnight search,” Thaler said."

http://www.therecord.com/news/local...ndfill-site-for-loveseat-in-todd-murder-probe

Here's what the police are dealing with right now. Catherine is in there somewhere http://www.therecord.com/news/local...tectives-continue-searching-waterloo-landfill

And here's a video of the search http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-...-for-loveseat-in-todd-investigation-1.1218269 (slow load)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers
Back