Deceased/Not Found Canada - Catherine Todd, 48, Kitchener, 18 March 2013 *J. Parise guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only way I can see hiding a body in a loveseat is if it is a pull-out bed style. By removing the mattress, there might be ample room to contain a small/petite body.

JMO

Agreed. But then you would REALLY need help. Even with a dolly, those sofa beds are HEAVY!

True. I think every type of sofa has a 'hollow area' under the springs, how big or small depends on the style... but I think it would take a lot of work to get a person in there.

szhsofacon.jpg

As greenthumb suggests, he may have just laid her under the cushions. Seems more likely if he was in a hurry.

I still wonder what the significance of the cut in the side/arm is, and how the police even know it exists.

LOL!

People post services on Craigslist and kijiji, but aren't in the habit of posting addresses and phone numbers...especially women. Usually just emails to contact.

I know, but the reason I was asking about her old address is bc sometimes we're able to find out personal emails by searching addresses. Once we obtain an email, sometimes we get lucky to see their other hidden emails that might have only been used a few times each. I've found in past searches that most of the times that hookers advertise, they use a free hotmail or yahoo only for a day or 2, then they shut it down & set up another email. Sites like spokeo can give all email used at a given IP address. Also, most of these people set up different variations of keywords in all of their emails. Once that can be figured out, it opens up a whole world of info.

I'm curious how this guy knew her. Drugs, steroids, sex, S&M, tutor, what? Was she a domme? She doesn't appear to be. I think its odd that she just moved into that apartment not too long ago & she was having trouble paying rent. Apparently she started having that problem when her boyfriend moved out, so they say. But it bugs me bc this woman appears to have had money problems for years. Something else is that when this first broke, I was under the assumption that she was famous. In hindsight she wasn't famous as compared to a movie star famous, but she was well liked & people appreciated her piano talent wherever she played. She used to be talented years ago and played various venues. So I'm curious about her. It seems she's rented for many many years, has moved alot. It looks like she's gone through some dire straights. What would have led to that? Drugs? Depression? Failed relationships? How does this guy fit into it all?

True. I think every type of sofa has a 'hollow area' under the springs, how big or small depends on the style... but I think it would take a lot of work to get a person in there.

szhsofacon.jpg

As greenthumb suggests, he may have just laid her under the cushions. Seems more likely if he was in a hurry.

I still wonder what the significance of the cut in the side/arm is, and how the police even know it exists.

Could the cut in the side of her loveseat have been her secret hiding spot for cash?

I'm curious how this guy knew her. Drugs, steroids, sex, S&M, tutor, what? Was she a domme? She doesn't appear to be. I think its odd that she just moved into that apartment not too long ago & she was having trouble paying rent. Apparently she started having that problem when her boyfriend moved out, so they say. But it bugs me bc this woman appears to have had money problems for years. Something else is that when this first broke, I was under the assumption that she was famous. In hindsight she wasn't famous as compared to a movie star famous, but she was well liked & people appreciated her piano talent wherever she played. She used to be talented years ago and played various venues. So I'm curious about her. It seems she's rented for many many years, has moved alot. It looks like she's gone through some dire straights. What would have led to that? Drugs? Depression? Failed relationships? How does this guy fit into it all?

From the bits and pieces I've read, it seems she ran her own school for piano, violin and accordion back in 2003 but her business slowed to a halt. Those who knew her thought she may have had some health problems. It almost sounds like she's been dealing with depression.. whether that was the problem itself or caused by another condition, I don't know. She may have turned to drugs. I agree she doesn't appear to be a dom.

Catherine really didn't seem to have an online presence at all. I've searched Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc under Catherine, Cathy, Kate... nada. Spokeo is a good tool if the person lives in the US, but it doesn't search Canadian addresses... bummer.

Hi fellow sleuthers. I stumbled upon this case late last night and read from the beginning. Very troubling indeed. What would make this guy kill CT? One thing that came to my mind was drugs. Could it be possible that it was him supplying her drugs? Hard to say. He may have been supplying her drugs or steroids to sell and could it be possible she had no money to turn over to him? It sounds possible being as she was struggling finacially from what it sounds like. Maybe this had been going on for quite some time and she was in debt big time to him. It would be interesting to find out how the two got to know each other and what type of relationship they had.

I was checking out his fb page and noticed one young lady who seemed to have messaged him quite a bit KDS are her initials. When I went to her page I noticed a guy with initials TH posted a troubling comment to KDS on March 27th, what's up? Is it true? Did you do it? This seems to be the last activity on her page. Another thing I notice is the first person to post on her picture has the last name Todd. Wonder if this Todd is related to Catherine. On his page he has many "friends" by the same last name and I would imagine they are relatives. I am not sleuthing these other people, just trying to figure out how Jay and Catherine are connected.

As for his employer, I wonder if this is his employer? This is a company based out of St. Pauls, Ontario, just on the outskirts of Stratford where he grew up. JAX could be a nickname for the company. Even though he claims to be an owner, does necessarily mean he is. Could just be attitude, afterall it's fb kwim.

http://www.profilecanada.com/compan...Aj_Jackson_A_Construction_St_Pauls_Station_ON

What also puzzles me is the charge of murder in the second degree...

I pray LE finds Catherine so she can RIP.

rsbm

Maybe the rip was mentioned simply as an identifying mark, and her boyfriend or family may have described it to LE.

Hi fellow sleuthers. I stumbled upon this case late last night and read from the beginning. Very troubling indeed. What would make this guy kill CT? One thing that came to my mind was drugs. Could it be possible that it was him supplying her drugs? Hard to say. He may have been supplying her drugs or steroids to sell and could it be possible she had no money to turn over to him? It sounds possible being as she was struggling finacially from what it sounds like. Maybe this had been going on for quite some time and she was in debt big time to him. It would be interesting to find out how the two got to know each other and what type of relationship they had.

I was checking out his fb page and noticed one young lady who seemed to have messaged him quite a bit KDS are her initials. When I went to her page I noticed a guy with initials TH posted a troubling comment to KDS on March 27th, what's up? Is it true? Did you do it? This seems to be the last activity on her page. Another thing I notice is the first person to post on her picture has the last name Todd. Wonder if this Todd is related to Catherine. On his page he has many "friends" by the same last name and I would imagine they are relatives. I am not sleuthing these other people, just trying to figure out how Jay and Catherine are connected.

As for his employer, I wonder if this is his employer? This is a company based out of St. Pauls, Ontario, just on the outskirts of Stratford where he grew up. JAX could be a nickname for the company. Even though he claims to be an owner, does necessarily mean he is. Could just be attitude, afterall it's fb kwim.

http://www.profilecanada.com/compan...Aj_Jackson_A_Construction_St_Pauls_Station_ON

Hey there Swedie! He didn't actually post that comment to KDS. He posted it to Jay Solomon Parise in response to JSP's comment to KDS dated March 14th. Jay Solomon Parise is James. Jay is his nickname.

PS: What a beautiful photogenic young lady she is.

Hi! I also read the comments from KDS, she seemed to be pretty into him and it appeared they had a bit of history. I also noticed the guy who commented on her picture with the last name Todd, I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. Ironically, he's married to a woman named Catherine, but it's not the same woman, and they live in the UK. You have to wonder if there's a connection somehow, though.

The idea of him being the drug dealer wouldn't surprise me either.

rsbm

Maybe the rip was mentioned simply as an identifying mark, and her boyfriend or family may have described it to LE.

Yes, true.

You never hear anything about the boyfriend. I was thinking about that today.

PS: What a beautiful photogenic young lady she is.

Yes she is. He seemed to have a few beautiful girls posting/flirting with him on his FB, which is what makes me think he wouldn't have to pay for sex. Unless he had some kind of fetish or something.

Re: the comment on KDS's FB page about 'What's up? Is it true? Did you do it' - that comment follows directly under a post on her page by JSP, so I wonder if TH was actually addressing those questions to JSP... that's how I took it, although it is odd, I agree, to post a question to Person A on Person B's wall.

Re: the other Todds on FB, I believe they most if not all of them are from another country, which does not exclude them from being related to Catherine but does suggest to me that the shared surname might be coincidence only.

I can see on a website that I use for business that he did have a construction business, under his name/Jax Construction. With the truck/trailer, he had the appearance of being successful - but as long as you can keep up the payments on a loan/lease that is the easy part - the fact that he was living with his mom at age 25 suggests he may not have had the means to have his own place. Which also makes me wonder if he could be dealing drugs - wouldn't there be enough money in that that a young guy wouldn't be living with his mom?

Re: the connection between him & Catherine - the Dr. Phil show today had a 61 year old woman who 'hooked up' with guys she met online for sex - and she was only interested in guys in their 20's and 30s' (because older guys couldn't keep up with her, apparently :what:)... and she had no shortage of 'hookups'. So... I guess we cannot assume that the age difference precludes that kind of a relationship between them.

+1. It just means it was not premeditated.

Not premeditated but with intention to cause death, or to cause bodily harm which he knew was likely to cause death. More here - http://www.qlsys.ca/documents/2011scc8.pdf

Judge responding to jury's question re: what is difference between 2nd degree murder and manslaughter -

the judge told the jury that the difference is in the accuseds mental state... the mental element of the offence required both the intentional application of force and the objective foreseeability of the risk of bodily harm

I heard that he was the b.f. That Would explain how they knew to find him.etc. if he thought he could get away with it if he reported it? Would explain why the bf stuff just stopped. Maybe what I heard wast true though. I think it was roid rage.

I heard that he was the b.f. That Would explain how they knew to find him.etc. if he thought he could get away with it if he reported it? Would explain why the bf stuff just stopped. Maybe what I heard wast true though. I think it was roid rage.

You mean James was Catherine's boyfriend? Really?

This is something I heard . Not in the papers or anything like that, but another source. I would be very shocked in this . But apparently it's what he told the police . Maybe it was his cover. And to the other person I can confirm he did have how own business Jan was the name of his construction company . He again was pretty successful. The person to whom said he lived with his mom at 25 ;) might just be an assumption :o

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper
Back