Deceased/Not Found Canada - Catherine Todd, 48, Kitchener, 18 March 2013 *J. Parise guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is something I heard . Not in the papers or anything like that, but another source. I would be very shocked in this . But apparently it's what he told the police . Maybe it was his cover. And to the other person I can confirm he did have how own business Jan was the name of his construction company . He again was pretty successful. The person to whom said he lived with his mom at 25 ;) might just be an assumption :eek:

Thanks for the info. I believe it was written in the paper actually that he lived with his mother.

Such a bizarre story, still so many blanks to fill in.

Just saying ... I knew him.. But yea if we're going on paper facts. Funny thing about the papers and news they don't always give you all the information or the info isn't always correct. That's why it's hard to play detective . Fun though . You guys r doing good job . Really interesting ideas .

Just saying ... I knew him.. But yea if we're going on paper facts. Funny thing about the papers and news they don't always give you all the information or the info isn't always correct.

That's for sure. So where did he live then, if not with his mother?

Can I get I trouble for giving out info like that? I'm curious?

I'm not sure... but unless you're under some kind of gag order, I don't see why not. It's just info about him, nothing that would jeopardize the integrity of the case, I don't think?

I know that if you had info that would help the police in the case, you would be encouraged to call it in.

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that he was Catherine's boyfriend. Just doesn't jive... on so many levels.

I gave my tips already to the police. However I think I am going to stop myself from further posting. I don't know how I would feel if he got out one day or his family was reading it. It doesn't matter what I say anyways his fate will be decided.ill keep reading though :)

Yes, it will all come out in the wash eventually. Thanks anyway for the input you've given thus far :)

I wonder why LE is focusing only on the Kitchener/Waterloo dump? Did he confess and tell them that is where they would find the loveseat and possibly CT? I really wonder if he did confess or possibly someone helped him haul the loveseat into his truck and that person has come forward. It's possible that is how the perp was caught so quickly and that person who helped him knew there was a cut in the loveseat. LE should start a search of the Stratford dump as that is where he grew up, was familiar with that town and where his truck was found. It will certainly be interesting to find out more details.

How was JP and CT connected? Was it because of drugs, did they have a bf/gf relationship, were they related, friends with benefits? What made him go off the deep end and murder her? Could it have been self defence? Is the landlord correct when he said other tenants complained of many males coming and going from her apartment? And if so, what were those other men doing at CT's apartment? How did LE learn it was JP who murdered CT? Did he turn himself in? Did he confess to someone/friend? Did anyone help JP move or disposed of the loveseat?

It's all very strange and scary but I am sure in time, maybe not until he has had a trial or sentenced will we find out the full story.

http://www.southwesternontario.ca/news/k-w-locate-murder-suspect-in-stratford/

Parise was apprehended by Waterloo Region police officers in the parking lot of Demetre’s Family Eatery on Ontario Street without incident.

First time I've noticed the exact location of the arrest mentioned in MSM.

And again in this article it's mentioned that he lived with his mother, FWIW -

The accused man lived with his mother in an Ephraim Street house in Kitchener that has been searched by police as part of the investigation.

I'm guessing there were surveillance cameras at the apartment complex, and police have JP on tape.

JMO

ETA: Can anyone confirm surveillance cameras at this apartment complex?

I'm guessing there were surveillance cameras at the apartment complex, and police have JP on tape.

JMO

ETA: Can anyone confirm surveillance cameras at this apartment complex?

Just looking on Google street view, there don't appear to be any on the exterior front of the building, but there is something that looks like it could be a camera on the back of the building that faces the parking lot... what do you think?

I don't know about the inside of the building (hallways, etc)

Attachments

• camera.jpg
    camera.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 20
  • parkinglot.jpg
    parkinglot.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 17
Just looking on Google street view, there don't appear to be any on the exterior front of the building, but there is something that looks like it could be a camera on the back of the building that faces the parking lot... what do you think?

Here is another angle to the back of the building. We can see the staircase and back door. That thing you have circled looks like some kind of light fixture to me, but could very well also be a surveillance camera.

You can zoom out, and use arrow keys to look around: ( link )

Here is another angle to the back of the building. We can see the staircase and back door. That thing you have circled looks like some kind of light fixture to me, but could very well also be a surveillance camera.

You can zoom out, and use arrow keys to look around: ( link )

ETA: nevermind, I just realized I was looking at a different building lol

will do a new post with correct one in a moment

CORRECT LINK: http://goo.gl/maps/ClKzM

That thing you have circled looks like some kind of light fixture to me, but could very well also be a surveillance camera.

Yeah, I thought it looked more like a spotlight of some kind.

I'm not far from there, maybe I'll take a drive over later on and have a look around....

Atta go ChelleBelle! I do believe that is a camera. The first picture shows what looks to be a camera on the building directly behind - it actually looks identical, from what I can see.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are cameras inside the building as it looks to be a newer complex. That just a guess on my part, but most newer buildings nowadays do have surveillance cameras. Actually, having cameras installed generally allows for a better insurance rate.

Atta go ChelleBelle! I do believe that is a camera. The first picture shows what looks to be a camera on the building directly behind - it actually looks identical, from what I can see.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are cameras inside the building as it looks to be a newer complex. That just a guess on my part, but most newer buildings nowadays do have surveillance cameras. Actually, having cameras installed generally allows for a better insurance rate.

I don't think it's a newer building.. if I had to guess I'd say around 20yrs old. That doesn't mean it hasn't been maintained or upgraded, though from what I've read it does not have an elevator either.

I actually have to go run and errand and it's a nice day, so I will scoot over there now and check back :D

I don't think it's a newer building.. if I had to guess I'd say around 20yrs old. That doesn't mean it hasn't been maintained or upgraded, though from what I've read it does not have an elevator either.

I actually have to go run and errand and it's a nice day, so I will scoot over there now and check back :D

Thanks, you just saved me a phone call! :D

Ok I'm back! The thing protruding from the parking lot side of the building is definitely a spotlight. I drove around the whole block to get a look at all angles of the building, and saw no presence of a video camera. A couple of vents on the sides and back, nothing on the front.

Here's a couple pictures, and a each one blown up. The two on the left side look to be just vents, the larger one on the right is definitely a floodlight. The glare of the sun was not in my favour, and I felt like a tool sitting in the parking lot taking pictures with my cell phone, so I didn't hang around very long :p

Something curious to note though, the top floor window appears to be covered up with tinfoil or some type of reflective material. An odd choice of window dressing, I wonder if that was actually Catherine's apartment and was covered as part of the investigation. Though, I thought I read she lived on the 2nd floor, not 3rd. Weird.

Also, looking through the glass back door, there is a set of stairs directly as you walk in the door that goes straight up, and another set going down.

Apologies for the crappy picture quality, I didn't think to bring my Nikon to work with me today :D

Attachments

• lorraine1.jpg
    lorraine1.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 28
  • lorraine2.jpg
    lorraine2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 29
  • lorraine3.jpg
    lorraine3.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 26
  • lorraine4.jpg
    lorraine4.jpg