Deceased/Not Found Canada - Catherine Todd, 48, Kitchener, 18 March 2013 *J. Parise guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“There’s a very strong belief that the loveseat is in the landfill, if not Catherine Todd herself,” Thaler said. “We know that evidence is in the landfill.”

Poor weather slowed he search last week. Praying Catherine will be found soon. :please:

Initially, about a dozen tactical officers trained in searching techniques were involved in the operation. But concerns about rising overtime costs have meant that some patrol officers have joined the search as part of their regular shift.

BBM

That statement angers the h*ll out of me as it's not the first time "overtime costs" have been mentioned in regards to this case. CT was a beautiful, living soul who desperately needs to be found at all costs. If LE has issues about the overtime costs, I wish MSM and LE would stop insinuating that this case is the reason for their high expenditures - and , report it elsewhere. :furious:

Source: Grim search for body at Waterloo landfill enters fourth week

I cannot believe she hasn't been found yet.

& WonderGirl - so glad to see you!!!!!

Initially, about a dozen tactical officers trained in searching techniques were involved in the operation. But concerns about rising overtime costs have meant that some patrol officers have joined the search as part of their regular shift.

Where does the pressure to reduce costs come from? The local LE top dogs? Or are they bowing to political pressure?

If special training is not required to make a thorough and comprehensive search, then I have to question why there was an expenditure on training of the tactical officers in the first place?

And if special training is required, then the decision to substitute patrol officers others who have the proper training may very well result in missed evidence and compromise this investigation, IMO.

This raises the question - if there was not the cloud of suspicion that Catherine's fate was somehow linked to her being a 'working girl', would this investigation be deemed to be 'worthy' of the overtime costs & properly trained officers? I hope Catherine's family is demanding some answers & accountability... but that's asking a lot of a family who have just suffered such a terrible loss, I know.

I think Catherine's life has equal value to anyone else's and it is infuriating to think that anything less than their 'best' is ok with LE. Shame on them.

It's been over a month now and still LE have not found her. I'm very disappointed in the lack of notifying the public where they are in their search and letting us know if it's still on going. My heart goes out to CT loved one. Very sad indeed. RIP Catherine.

From mikkismom link in previous post -

Norris asked Thaler how certain police were that Todd’s body was in the landfill.

“We wouldn’t be putting these sorts of efforts into it if we didn’t know it was there,” said Thaler of Todd’s body.

“We know that there is a loveseat there,” he went on to clarify.

”Was she dumped in there as well? We don’t know, but the balance of probabilities is she’s probably there.”

LE seems certain, without any doubt, that the loveseat is at the landfill site... and what could make them so sure? The only thing I can think of is a video showing the loveseat on the suspect's vehicle as he entered the dump.

But why do they presume her body is there, as well? Because JSP says so?

I agree with previous speculation that he may be leading them on a wild goose chase, away from where the body really is... hoping that the real hiding spot is never located, or if it is, that time/the elements have erased evidence that would implicate him.

From mikkismom link in previous post -

LE seems certain, without any doubt, that the loveseat is at the landfill site... and what could make them so sure? The only thing I can think of is a video showing the loveseat on the suspect's vehicle as he entered the dump.

But why do they presume her body is there, as well? Because JSP says so?

I agree with previous speculation that he may be leading them on a wild goose chase, away from where the body really is... hoping that the real hiding spot is never located, or if it is, that time/the elements have erased evidence that would implicate him.

I am somewhat disgusted with the financial information this person is speaking of it the article. It almost seems like he's complaining about the cost invested in the search. Who the he!! cares what it costs to find her?! Just find her. Since when do we start putting a price tag of the search for missing/murdered loved ones?! There have been many a cases where LE have had no clues as to whether a missing person was alive or deceased, or the slightest clue as to where they might be, and I've never see such ridiculous statements about financial issues brought up before. Yes after all is said and done, during court proceedings or after, there may be mention of cost incurred on a case, but this is bizarre and totally uncalled for IMHO. There are 11 officers searching a pinpointed area (the dump) and they know what they are looking for. The loveseat containing someone's decomposing loved one who was murdered. Either he's complaining or bragging, but I don't feel the latter. Sure they want to keep the public informed the search is still going on, but come on, leave the financial information out of it as it's irrelevant IMHO. From what I understand there are people who volunteer and are trained to do these types of serves. Has LE considered enlisting volunteer help?

Yes Greenthumb I would love to know also what makes they 'so certain' she is there. Even if there is a video of the loveseat in the back of his trunk entering the dump, that doesn't necessarily mean Catherine was in it. He could have easily dumped her body elsewhere. Unless just maybe the person who saw him leave with the loveseat knew what time it was when they saw him and then LE knows how long it would take him to drive to the dump, maybe their is a receipt or some definitive way they know what time he arrived at the dump. It's possible the timing was precise and he couldn't have gone off the route, losing time in the process to dispose of her elsewhere.

The other thing I thought of was maybe someone was with him and helped him move the loveseat from the apartment to the dump and they have come forward. It's possible they were not charged because maybe that person didn't know her body was in the loveseat and possibly that person contacted LE once they found out she was missing. JP may have told the person who helped him that he was the one who bleed on the loveseat and in the apartment "if" there wasn't a huge amount of blood. Being he was in the business he was in, he could have said he cut himself pretty bad and maybe had his hand bandaged to make it look legit. All speculation on my part as to how LE is so certain she is in the landfill.

IMO I am very skeptical this is tell LE much of anything. If anything it will probably be all lies to try and save his own hide. :banghead:

Just what I thought, LE knows the loveseat is in the landfill, PERHAPS CT is there also they say. :facepalm::banghead: Glad to hear her family is speaking out and are satisfied with the work of LE thus far. Justice will be served I pray. Poor Catherine.

More than a month after police began searching a Waterloo landfill in connection with the death of Catherine Todd, they have yet to find the loveseat they say was taken there. But it’s only a matter of time until the loveseat turns up, according to police. “We wouldn’t be putting forward this effort if we weren’t certain that the evidence is there, the loveseat is there, and perhaps Catherine Todd is there,” says Insp. Kevin Thaler.

“Until that area is exhausted, the search is going to continue,” he says.
In an email to CTV News, Steve Todd says his family is “confident that justice will be served” in his sister’s death.
“We are extremely proud of our local law enforcement for their diligence in trying to locate Cathy’s remains, and the quick work in making an arrest,” he said.
Parise, who has remained in custody, made a brief court appearance Wednesday. His lawyer did not appear and the case was held over until Thursday.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-...fill-search-continues-1.1262600#ixzz2S5Wlf000

Stop whining and find Catherine please. I almost feel like they are trying to justify something with this article. Are there no volunteers to call upon to help in the search? Let's talk about the waste of money on this sitting in jail being housed, fed, clothed, given free legal aid possibly... AND not to mention the HUGE cost it is going to be for his trial. :banghead: Then we can decide how to save money. I would suggest giving him a 10' piece of rope NOW. :moo:

Waterloo Region police over budget on OT

Three homicide investigations and several drug raids have contributed to higher-than-budgeted police overtime costs so far this year.

Some of this year’s major crimes that have contributed to OT costs are:

The continued search at the Waterloo landfill site for the body of Catherine Todd, a Kitchener woman believed to have been killed March 18 or 19. James Solomon Parise, 25, of Kitchener has been charged with second degree murder.

http://metronews.ca/news/kitchener/656706/waterloo-region-police-over-budget-on-ot/

No articles stating as to whether JP and his attorney showed for court Thursday.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local...inues-for-body-and-couch-in-waterloo-landfill

An interesting shift of emphasis, IMO BBM, is present in this article:

That’s how long Waterloo Regional Police officers have been digging in the Erb Street landfill for the body of Catherine Todd of Kitchener. They’re also sifting through trash looking for a couch detectives believe was removed from a murder scene in a Kitchener apartment.

Police believe Todd was killed on March 18 or 19 at 50 Lorraine Ave.

So, it appears that LE do have fairly definitive info about the body being in the landfill - which would bear out earlier speculation on this thread that Catherine's body was in or on the "couch" (I guess the writer and/or LE finds it repugnant to refer to that piece of furniture as a "loveseat" under the circumstances :eek:).

Insp. Kevin Thaler said Thursday the search continues at the landfill.

He had no more information about the investigation. He was awaiting an update from homicide investigators so couldn’t offer any details about the scale of the search now, what’s been found or how long officers are expected to remain at the landfill.

Anxiously awaiting any details right along with Insp. Thaler. :waiting:

:stormingmad:
http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/landfil...erine-todd-death-ends-nothing-found-1.1286309

CTV Kitchener
Published Friday, May 17, 2013 1:21PM EDT
Last Updated Friday, May 17, 2013 6:48PM EDT

:pullhair:

Sickening as the outcome was for Tim Bosma's disappearance, it is notable that whenever the extent of LE involvement was mentioned in MSM (including WRPS' performance in assisting other investigative forces) we saw NOTHING about overtime costs or the like. And I think (JMO) the message was that LE would stop at nothing to recover TB alive or dead.

Forgive my cynicism:sigh:, but there appears to be a value judgement going on at least at surface level here:

TB, Christian family-man, well-connected, employed, young = national to international coverage and a huge outpouring of sadness and anger at the senselessness of his murder. Into the fifth thread on WS, even. With a suspect in custody, still an active and energetic investigation to apprehend others and keep it in the news.​

Catherine Todd, older (apparently childless) female, religious affiliations unknown, apparently depressed and disabled, experiencing financial troubles, and rumoured to have advertised 'services' in the area = brief interest, locally to maybe provincially, that waned once JSP was arrested. Only news since has been about landfill search with an increasingly pouty tone about what it was costing:steamed:, and now calling off the search with a platitude about how the investigation will continue. One thread on WS that has comparatively sputtered along.​

When observed along with how MSM and the people of K-W have 'handled' the dismemberment and murder of Kelsey Felker, it's a discouraging picture.

:stormingmad:

:pullhair:

Sickening as the outcome was for Tim Bosma's disappearance, it is notable that whenever the extent of LE involvement was mentioned in MSM (including WRPS' performance in assisting other investigative forces) we saw NOTHING about overtime costs or the like. And I think (JMO) the message was that LE would stop at nothing to recover TB alive or dead.

Forgive my cynicism:sigh:, but there appears to be a value judgement going on at least at surface level here:

TB, Christian family-man, well-connected, employed, young = national to international coverage and a huge outpouring of sadness and anger at the senselessness of his murder. Into the fifth thread on WS, even. With a suspect in custody, still an active and energetic investigation to apprehend others and keep it in the news.​

Catherine Todd, older (apparently childless) female, religious affiliations unknown, apparently depressed and disabled, experiencing financial troubles, and rumoured to have advertised 'services' in the area = brief interest, locally to maybe provincially, that waned once JSP was arrested. Only news since has been about landfill search with an increasingly pouty tone about what it was costing:steamed:, and now calling off the search with a platitude about how the investigation will continue. One thread on WS that has comparatively sputtered along.​

When observed along with how MSM and the people of K-W have 'handled' the dismemberment and murder of Kelsey Felker, it's a discouraging picture.

I couldn't have said it better and thank you. I was thinking along the same line but afraid to post my thoughts...until someone else broke the ice.

Where is CT? Time to do further investigating then beyond the landfill. Someones loved one is still missing and thankfully, one which was missing was found reasonably quick considering we are comparing searching a landfill site to searching southern Ontario. Maybe if they would have put 100 searchers at the landfill site, CT could have been laid to rest at least a month ago. My heart goes out to both families for their tragic loss. It's time to drastically change our legal system in how these sick monsters are dealt with and treat all victims as victims and equal. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed
Back