CANADA Canada - Cedrika Provencher, 9, Trois-Rivieres, QC, 31 July 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lol no and in the link posted there is no mention of the great uncles (??)
Sorry folks, for the life of me cannot find it again, will remember that next time i use google translation!
Promise i did not make that up " potato", lol!

Probably. Would be interesting to find out why the website was closed down/no longer exists. In my experience, this is not the first time that a website associated with a missing person and run by the family is no longer available.

Not sure if it is the case on CP's website, but have seen other similar sites get bogged down by spammers and often nasty comments, imo, fwiw.

This old article from September 2007 describes the suspect in the red car FWIW

Snipped...
...The driver is described as a white, French-speaking man of medium build with chestnut-coloured hair, between 30 and 40 years old. He was wearing Bermuda shorts, a short-sleeved shirt and sandals at the time.

Quebec police say they're searching for a red Acura.
(Sûreté du Québec)
Doré said it was impossible for investigators to produce a police sketch because they are missing vital features. The suspect could have changed his appearance in the weeks that followed the kidnapping, he said.

The suspect could be anyone, he added.

https://web.archive.org/web/2009041...ntreal/story/2007/09/06/cedrika-progress.html

Oh boy....a man has come forward to say that he had seen a fox cross the road with something that looked like a large bone in his mouth, possibly a skull, about three years ago!!! Interview in french at the link. It is now possible that her bones were moved over a large area by animals.

http://fr.canoe.ca/infos/societe/archives/2015/12/20151217-092115.html

This interview has gone 'poof' but I did see it. Probably not what LE wanted the parents or the public to know. JMO

Snipped...
...She was last seen on Chapais St. near des Chenaux Blvd., in a residential neighbourhood of Trois Rivières, about 8:30 p.m. She was alone on her bicycle, apparently searching for a small black and white dog. Provincial police believe a man approached her and asked if she could help him find a missing dog.

The man was described as white, with brown hair, age 30 to 40. He was driving a red four-door Acura with a beige interior, chrome door handles, manual transmission and untinted windows. He was wearing Bermuda shorts, a short-sleeved shirt and sandals.

Cédrika’s bicycle was found a few blocks away, propped up against a fire hydrant.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=a662ec1c-abde-4fa5-9efd-3b2b567166c5

Not sure if it is the case on CP's website, but have seen other similar sites get bogged down by spammers and often nasty comments, imo, fwiw.

That's true, some people just have nothing better to do than to hunt down and troll people with missing loved ones, it's disgusting. With that being said, according to ~n/t~, the website was not run by family members so the point I made is only partially true for this case.

Police seek mystery man who says he saw kidnapping
TROIS-RIVIÈRES — Canadian Press
Published Saturday, Sep. 01, 2007 12:00AM EDT
Last updated Saturday, Mar. 14, 2009 12:58AM EDT

Snipped...
Quebec provincial police are checking into a tip that a man may have seen 10-year-old Cédrika Provencher being forced into a car on the night of her disappearance.

Crime reporter Claude Poirier received a voice mail from a woman who said her uncle saw Cédrika being kidnapped but didn't tell anyone other than his wife because he didn't want to be bothered by police.

The man and his wife were visiting Trois-Rivières, midway between Montreal and Quebec City, when Cédrika disappeared on July 31.

Read more: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...n-who-says-he-saw-kidnapping/article18144268/

Snipped...

Read more: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...n-who-says-he-saw-kidnapping/article18144268/

SMDH. I also heard in an interview with Poirier that someone called in about the reward money saying he knew information about what happened and that person never called back again

Was the red Acura seen the day before as well or only on the day Cedrika was taken? Did people actually see her enter the vehicle? Did the perp ride a bicycle too? What was the description of HIS bicycle?

Going off from memory, I don't think he had a bicycle. IIRC another little girl was approached that same day or day before. FWIW

rsbm.
"He was wearing Bermuda shorts, a short-sleeved shirt and sandals."

Just dawned on me that shorts and especially sandals, are not ideal apparel for " foraging " in the woods.
Surprised perp did not cover up to protect himself from potential scratches/ bites by victims and things in the forest.
imo.

July is really hot here in Quebec. He could've had other clothing in his vehicle for the forest. This was a ruse to lure Cedrika. He had to look "normal".

I've always felt the perp was a local but now I'm questioning myself. Why did the family travel to New Brunswick? Someone/something led them there. Was the guy with the Red Acura from NB? If he's not a registered sex offender, he may have multiple dwellings or could be living with family while hunting for his victims.

Just a thought.

I truly believe the lead in NB was a red herring.

Thanks for all your input and welcome to WS!! Do you believe it's the same person? I have a difficult time believing (if the perp is a pedophile) that he would take a 15 year old victim. He would go for younger girls (like Cedrika - 9 years old). Just my opinion.

It would be an easy thing for LE to cross reference is all I'm saying. And I turned the information over to my contact with the Surete du Quebec.

Probably. Would be interesting to find out why the website was closed down/no longer exists. In my experience, this is not the first time that a website associated with a missing person and run by the family is no longer available.

It takes a lot of effort to maintain a website (mental effort). Also, some families can't afford the upkeep fees. I am fortunate in that I have some benefactors who know Theresa who take care of those things for me.

Snipped...

You know this stuff is sooo stretchy. I was recently contacted by a woman who swore that her brothers murdered my sister. Her point of connection was that she said she saw her brothers and Theresa skiing on a mountain in QC the week before she died (Mt Orford). What was enticing was that Theresa was indeed at Mt. Orford the week before she died, and this was a little known fact. The problem? There has never been an instance of snow on that mountain in the last weeks of October. That wasn't the only problem, I won't go into it, but you get my point.

200 tips....from a recent article posted. Hope the tips point to the same perp and an arrest will be made real soon! I have a feeling LE knows who it is but need more to charge him. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back