Found Deceased Canada - Chelsea Poorman, 24, Vancouver, 7 Sep 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still can't see anything pink. I was hoping someone would circle it on the picture.
I grabbed these from Google Earth when asking if someone could ID the object on the back of the house. The consensus was that it was a refuse bin. I think someone was referring to the object on the deck which is on the right side of the house (circled).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220516-185538-196~3.png
    Screenshot_20220516-185538-196~3.png
    990.6 KB · Views: 26
I grabbed these from Google Earth when asking if someone could ID the object on the back of the house. The consensus was that it was a refuse bin. I think someone was referring to the object on the deck which is on the right side of the house (circled).
On this screenshot its not seen but its the correct side patio. View attachment 334369 on post #95. There's a pink object that looks like it could be covering something its next to a white object.

I'm pretty sure that the deck is the large flat light gray U shaped structure all along the bottom and what you have circled is the shadow cast by the deck.

All we really know is that there are two decks. There could have also been a large industrial bin on the property for construction waste. The realtor's photos promoting the property IMO showed the decks side by side some feet apart. IDK I could be wrong. So that could be a bin/container also. But Chelsea's body was found specifically on a deck/patio under a blanket as stated by her family and media reports. The only thing I know for sure is that both patios can only be accessed by entry from inside the house. So my initial asumptions on what may have happened to Chelsea remain the same, so it really is mysterious as to how she got on that deck if she wasn't in the house as stated by LE themselves.

One thing that we haven't really talked about on Chelsea's thread here is why LE thinks this case is not suspicious. On one hand they are telling the public that she wasn't in the house (I think they can verify that forensically.) Then on the other hand they are aware as Chelsea's mother has said that the patio where she was found was only accessable from inside the house. So how does LE explain that Chelsea got there? If she wasn't in the house then IT MEANS SOMEONE BROUGHT HER THERE! WHO????

I'm pretty sure that the deck is the large flat light gray U shaped structure all along the bottom and what you have circled is the shadow cast by the deck.
The u shaped gray thing that wraps around the back of the house IS the deck. There's just nothing on it so I assumed the person was talking about one of the two areas that look like piles of trash. The one area I circled on the right has a pink object. Everyone please note that these Google images are from 6/19, before Chelsea went missing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220611-004757~3.png
    Screenshot_20220611-004757~3.png
    874 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20220611-004619-308.png
    Screenshot_20220611-004619-308.png
    780.5 KB · Views: 15
The u shaped gray thing that wraps around the back of the house IS the deck. There's just nothing on it so I assumed the person was talking about one of the two areas that look like piles of trash. The one area I circled on the right has a pink object. Everyone please note that these Google images are from 6/19, before Chelsea went missing.
Yes that makes sense. But in the promotional photo it looked like two decks. Maybe in the realtor's promotional photo it was seperated and looked like two seperate features. Thanks for pointing this out.

More at link..
Part 2 rbbm.
1654944399680.png

by Fatim Hemraj
''I decided to reach out to Paige Keirnan and get the facts.

Here’s what she had to say.

At the time of her disappearance, Chelsea was trying to escape an abusive relationship
. According to Paige, they exchanged “I love you’s” and moved in together a little too quickly. Eventually, he became controlling, possessive, and violent. Paige even recalled a time when Chelsea was considering running away to a shelter after her ex-boyfriend pushed her down the stairs.

In the weeks leading up to her disappearance, Chelsea made a plan to end the relationship. Having recently moved to British Columbia from Saskatchewan, she decided to wait for her new ID and bank card to arrive in the mail.

That day came on September 6, 2020 — the same day Chelsea went missing.''

''Chelsea broke up with him that day. With her new ID in hand, she told Paige she wanted to go out. The sisters got ready and Chelsea posted a selfie on Facebook with the caption, “Hitting up every club tonight on Granville single.”

Paige told me that her ex was not very happy about that post.
He called Chelsea repeatedly throughout the night upset and at one point, Paige grabbed the phone from Chelsea and told him to leave her sister alone.

After dinner, Paige took Chelsea to a friend’s apartment to hang out for the rest of the night. At some point, the friend accused Chelsea of stealing. She angrily stormed out of the apartment and refused to tell her sister where she was going. She was also intoxicated and extremely vulnerable at this time.''

Video good for locations/timeline
May 24 2022

Last edited:
Part one
by Fatim Hemraj
Jun 3 2022
1*G9TvREpkKsEqmYNrPtosOQ.jpeg

Chelsea and her dad, Mike Kiernan who lived in his van for months while searching for her | Source

''Chelsea loved fashion and makeup. Loved ones say she was soft-spoken, had a big heart for animals, and wrote songs in her spare time. She was very trusting and was always kind to anyone she crossed paths with.

Chelsea’s life changed forever when she was hit by a truck at age 16. The accident resulted in massive injuries including two broken legs, a paralyzed arm, and a brain injury that left Chelsea mentally younger than her age.''

On September 6, 2020, Chelsea went out for dinner with her sister, Paige. After sharing a few drinks at Hotel Belmont on the Granville strip, an entertainment district lined with clubs and bars, they walked a couple of blocks (the 6-minute walk took Chelsea 20 minutes due to her disabilities) to an apartment at 1278 Granville Street to spend the evening with a friend.''

''Around midnight, an intoxicated Chelsea left on her own after the sisters had an argument. Paige tried to stop her but she was unsuccessful.

For close to an hour, Paige continuously called and texted Chelsea to find out where she was going. It wasn’t until 12:57 am that Chelsea finally answered.''

1*zNplm4z0mngcput0dRUpLA.png

The last photo ever taken of Chelsea (L) (Sept 6/2020) wearing the clothes her remains were found with (R) Paige Keirnan, Chelsea’s sister | Source

Those images have been AI enhanced (that's why the trees look so weird) so it's hard to say for sure what pixels the bot was seeing and what it decided to do with them.

It just sucks that we are so starved for concrete information on this case. This new family account of the night she disappeared seems quite markedly different from the amount given when she was just missing but the authorities are not releasing any official details at all, it seems? It's just so different from the way I would expect cases to be handled here in the US, other than if it were on tribal land I guess. Vancouver police and the RCMP should not be stretched as thin as tribal nation police are here though, right?

I know that pixels can make a difference on clarity from a Google arial shot but at the same time if one looks at the U shaped patio its empty on 6/19. I assumed that the area where the rubbish was is part of the patio but now I know its not. So if on 6/19 the U shaped patio looked empty then perhaps an updated photo from the same format of that Google image would show us something on that patio. How often does Google update images? I don't have knowledge on this type of technical range but perhaps someone who does can find out if we can see something on an updated image before and after Chelsea went missing. Preferably from the night she went missing to the next day or/and daily after the day she went missing. Maybe we can see something????? I'm not tech saavy when it comes to some aspects of technology but perhaps someone on our thread who is can work this?

Part one
by Fatim Hemraj
Jun 3 2022
1*G9TvREpkKsEqmYNrPtosOQ.jpeg

Chelsea and her dad, Mike Kiernan who lived in his van for months while searching for her | Source

''Chelsea loved fashion and makeup. Loved ones say she was soft-spoken, had a big heart for animals, and wrote songs in her spare time. She was very trusting and was always kind to anyone she crossed paths with.

Chelsea’s life changed forever when she was hit by a truck at age 16. The accident resulted in massive injuries including two broken legs, a paralyzed arm, and a brain injury that left Chelsea mentally younger than her age.''

On September 6, 2020, Chelsea went out for dinner with her sister, Paige. After sharing a few drinks at Hotel Belmont on the Granville strip, an entertainment district lined with clubs and bars, they walked a couple of blocks (the 6-minute walk took Chelsea 20 minutes due to her disabilities) to an apartment at 1278 Granville Street to spend the evening with a friend.''

''Around midnight, an intoxicated Chelsea left on her own after the sisters had an argument. Paige tried to stop her but she was unsuccessful.

For close to an hour, Paige continuously called and texted Chelsea to find out where she was going. It wasn’t until 12:57 am that Chelsea finally answered.''

1*zNplm4z0mngcput0dRUpLA.png

The last photo ever taken of Chelsea (L) (Sept 6/2020) wearing the clothes her remains were found with (R) Paige Keirnan, Chelsea’s sister | Source
Thanks for this posting. It gives us some more clarity. I found the part about the period of time right after she left the apartment enlightening to this case. So she left at around midnight. Then at 12;57 she called her sister after Paige had been trying to get a hold of her multiple times. So from midnight to 12:57 she was alive. The fact that Chelsea said that she was with a "new Bae" IMO means she was in the presence of someone who Paige may have not known. Snapchat would have either been on at the time or afterwards turned off so the exboyfriend wouldn't trace her. Did she turn Snapchat off or did the unknown person? We only know her phone pinged near the Cenataf (war memorial.) I'm pretty sure Snapchat would be off at that point near the Cenataf. In fact before she left the building (if she ever left at all.) In 57 minutes how far could she travel, not much. It would take her more than 57 minutes to reach the area around the Cenataf. At that time of night I can't see her walking there by herself as its not really such a safe area. Yes, the apartment building she was last at is in a busy area. Around the Cenataf its quiet and nothing where people would want go to. Let's think about the apartment building where she was last at. Nothing on the cameras. She should have been seen leaving, she was seen entering afterall. So IMO she met someone out of view of cameras in that building. She had probably met this person before or maybe not. The person right away picked up on her vulnrabilities and played on them. Four of her fingers and part of her cranium was missing. Well, then why wasn't the rest of her missing. Hit on her head violently, perhaps trying to defend herself her fingers broke. Or something worst?

Here's VPD's 5/6 press release (image on left) with the shockingly vague description of the circumstances. Did they update the public since? I'm asking because (as everyone can see) there is no indication in this release WHERE Chelsea was found. In fact, if you read between the lines, VPD DOESN'T EVEN say that Chelsea was found on ANY SPECIFIC PROPERTY..."she was discovered on April 22 by contractors working at a vacant house near Granville Street and West 37th Avenue"!
It's also interesting that the VPD describes the property as "near Granville Street and West 37th Avenue". The intersection of Granville and 37th Ave is where the home with the orange roof is (lower right area of imagine on right). The house where Chelsea was allegedly found has the dropped pin (not particularly close IMO).

Like I said... shockingly vague. Why?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-155235-318.png
    Screenshot_20220612-155235-318.png
    354.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20220612-154953-505.png
    Screenshot_20220612-154953-505.png
    898.9 KB · Views: 8
I can't find any info about security cameras catching Chelsea where she was last seen. Early reports place her last location at Granville and Davie. Was this the apartment she left? Surely there must be security footage SINCE THE POLICE DEPARTMENT IS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-190301-265.png
    Screenshot_20220612-190301-265.png
    661.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220612-190431-639.png
    Screenshot_20220612-190431-639.png
    839.6 KB · Views: 3
Yes that makes sense. But in the promotional photo it looked like two decks. Maybe in the realtor's promotional photo it was seperated and looked like two seperate features. Thanks for pointing this out.
Can you post the realtor's photo you're referring to? Thanks!

I can't find any info about security cameras catching Chelsea where she was last seen. Early reports place her last location at Granville and Davie. Was this the apartment she left? Surely there must be security footage SINCE THE POLICE DEPARTMENT IS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET.
Don't quote me on this but Chelsea's father had asked about footage from that aprtment building but he said whoever the person or person's he spoke to were not cooperative. He was very upset. Unfortunately I was busy at the time and couldn't view the video where her father talks about this. I just very briefly viewed it and haven't been able to find it. But I intend to. When I find it I will post it on this thread.

Regarding my post #159. I think that video is no longer available someone took it down. I won't say who Mike was talking about when he said what I stated in post #159. Its obviously taken down for a reason. Perhaps whoever it was Mike was talking about can sue. I tried may different variations in Google. I typed the building's address with Mike's name but nothing. I even added words that would help such as video, inside etc. but nothing. <modsnip: If you can't link it, don't mention it>

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79