Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 - #2 *killer identified*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the Kaufmann Commission report. It’s unbelievable how many lies took place to frame GPM.

https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov...rings/exhibits/OPC/pdf/60_Kaufman_Summary.pdf

"Janet Jessop testified at the stay motion that her kitchen clock (upon which her 4:10 arrival time had been based) had been thrown out because it was not keeping proper time. She repeated this evidence to the jury. She was confronted with the facts which undermined this position (including a later re- enactment of the events on television which showed the clock still hanging in the background.) Ms. Jessop conceded that this aspect of her testimony was initiated by her and that her strong desire to see that Morin not ‘get off’ may have factored into this inaccurate evidence. Mr. Gover told the Inquiry that there was a general feeling among the prosecutors that Ms. Jessop was capable of saying anything, if she thought it would further the prosecution."

Thanks! They do look similar. It would be interesting to find out what kind of haircut he had back in 1982 when the sketch was made. He would have been in his early twenties. I assume the mugshot was taken in 1996 when he was arrested for DUI, so his appearance probably changed a lot. I wonder if he ever had long hair and a beard.

Reading the Kaufmann Commission report. It’s unbelievable how many lies took place to frame GPM.

https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov...rings/exhibits/OPC/pdf/60_Kaufman_Summary.pdf

"Janet Jessop testified at the stay motion that her kitchen clock (upon which her 4:10 arrival time had been based) had been thrown out because it was not keeping proper time. She repeated this evidence to the jury. She was confronted with the facts which undermined this position (including a later re- enactment of the events on television which showed the clock still hanging in the background.) Ms. Jessop conceded that this aspect of her testimony was initiated by her and that her strong desire to see that Morin not ‘get off’ may have factored into this inaccurate evidence. Mr. Gover told the Inquiry that there was a general feeling among the prosecutors that Ms. Jessop was capable of saying anything, if she thought it would further the prosecution."
Yeah, it was the investigators that first suggested and convinced her that her clock might have been slow. KJ claimed the family was "brainwashed" by police. They also basically invented the whole story about Chipman and Christine talking to Morin in the yard when he was trimming his hedges and he held the clippers so tight his knuckles were white. She never said anything like that. They presented the story to her until she went along with it, and then used the testimony of a nine year old child to prove Morin's guilt.

Yes. I previously linked his 2nd wife Joanne Rocca's obituary, it may have been removed, or you missed it?
You’re positively sure it’s the same guy?

Redgrave Research Forensic Services shared this dendrogram from the genetic genealogy research that they did for the case. The image states his name as "Calvin Dana Hoover" - 1956-2015, so pretty confident this is the same person.

Great followup on tv show Crime Beat (Canadian Global) right now re. the Jessop case and the aftermath with Christine's family showing her mother and brother re. the recent identity of the girl's murderer. Shows old clips as well of the case. And re. Mr. Morin who was falsely convicted and imprisoned, then released years ago. The family talked about being appreciative of the fact that Christine's murderer was finally identified, as did Mr. Morin. Her mother and brother expressed that it was difficult to realize it was someone they knew so well and that the perpetrator was dead already. So sad all the way around.

Last edited:
Great followup on tv show Crime Beat (Canadian Global) right now re. the Jessop case and the aftermath with Christine's family showing her mother and brother re. the recent identity of the girl's murderer. Shows old clips as well of the case. And re. Mr. Morin who was falsely convicted and imprisoned, then released years ago. The family talked about being appreciative of the fact that Christine's murderer was finally identified, as did Mr. Morin. Her mother and brother expressed that it was difficult to realize it was someone they knew so well and that the perpetrator was dead already. So sad all the way around.

Thanks for the heads up A.
Global TV Schedule - TV Guide Show Listings | Watch TV Online
Sat, 9pm in Ontario

Thanks! They do look similar. It would be interesting to find out what kind of haircut he had back in 1982 when the sketch was made. He would have been in his early twenties. I assume the mugshot was taken in 1996 when he was arrested for DUI, so his appearance probably changed a lot. I wonder if he ever had long hair and a beard.
I see a likeness as well.

It was entitled "The Final Chapter Of The Christine Jessop And Guy Paul Morin Tragedy".

if you missed it, some of same footage and info contained in
The story of Christine Jessop and Guy Paul Morin: One murder, two tragedies
The story of Christine Jessop and Guy Paul Morin: One murder, two tragedies

above link
@2:01
"On that fateful day in October 1984 Christine took the bus to school as always."
JJ: I saw her off to school. She was happy go lucky, away she went on the bus.

@4:30,
footage of CJ's room, cabbage patch kid doll, Christmas '84

Last edited:
things I'd forgotten:

wrt mail. ? original source?
Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 - #2 *killer identified*

"Christine picked up her family's mail and bounded up the lane and into her home. No one was there. Her father (Bob) was serving time in a correctional facility. Her mother (Janet) was out running errands with Christine’s older brother (Ken)."

"When Janet and Ken Jessop arrived home at about 4:10 pm, they saw Christine’s bicycle where she normally kept it – but it was in a fallen state with some minor damage. Her book bag was on the kitchen counter, as well as the mail."

Last edited:

Also, I see that Delia and Christine live about an hour's drive from each other, so in same general area if same murderer involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14