Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 - #2 *killer identified*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another very good article ... thanx

Several comments stood out for me:

1... Smith told CBC News that police are looking at "every single unsolved case" to see if Hoover may be linked to other unsolved crimes. He says that while no other forensic links exist yet, that doesn't mean there aren't any.
2 ... Othram Inc. CEO David Mittelman says his company is already looking for a genealogical connection in several other Canadian cold cases.
"We have other cases in progress, actually, at multiple agencies," he said, but wouldn't disclose any more details.
3 ... Instead, Mittelman offered a tantalyzing breadcrumb of his own, saying one of the Canadian cases even predates Jessop's murder in 1984.

There was a media report though that someone had seen Christine at the store with her recorder and two guys in a car waiting at the lights at the corner who saw her with her recorder. Also in the Kauffman report, it talked about her bike being moved and her jacket was moved too. They let so many people into the house that they couldn’t decipher what was what by the end of the evening.
Yes, I read that the store owner said he saw her at the store wearing a blue hood. Her family said her jacket was pink. Even if she didn't wear it to the store, her sweatshirt did not have a hood. There were also three different witnesses who claimed they saw her on the corner at 4:00, but their statements were conflicting. One person said she was with another girl. They were apparently influenced by investigators as to what to say to fit their theory. Detectives also told the family to say they returned home at 4:30 or 4:35 instead of 4:10 pm.

It seems that much of the witness testimony and evidence can't be relied on, since so much was manipulated to point to Morin.

We may never learn what happened since the only two people who truly know are dead.

I hope at least investigators can get some insight as to what led the killer to commit such horrendous acts and if he is connected to other unsolved crimes.

Still baffling that police didn't know about or follow up on that phone call JJ had with HH. The York and Durham investigations were bad, but I can't imagine the Toronto cold case squad would not have looked into that if they knew about it, even 30 years later.
HH might not have even known her husband, CH, knew what was said on the phone call with JJ. He may have been evesdropping on an extension telephone in the house, or possibly he had been eavesdropping on her if she was using one of the very early cordless telephones. They basically were super easy to listen in on, almost like walkie talkies. He may have routinely listened in on all of his wifes phone calls.

Toronto Police Service :: News Release #48367
''October 23, 2020
Homicide
416-808-7400
On December 31, 1984, Christine Jessop, who had been missing from her home in Queensville, Ontario since October 3, 1984, was found in Sunderland, Ontario. She had been sexually assaulted and murdered.

On Thursday, October 15, 2020, the Toronto Police Service announced the positive identification of the person responsible for the DNA sample found on Christine's underwear at the time of her death.

Calvin Hoover, 28-years-old at that time, lived in Toronto, Durham Region, and Port Hope until his death in 2015.

Since that announcement, police have received more than 60 tips from the public.

As investigators continue to trace the steps of Calvin Hoover from 1984 to 2015, they are asking for any and all information that could assist them with their efforts.

A dedicated phone number and email have been set up for this purpose.

416-808-8647
jessoptip@torontopolice.on.ca

"The officers with the Cold Case section of Homicide have been grateful for the information they have received so far," said Inspector Hank Idsinga, Unit Commander of Homicide. "Every detail that comes in can help us determine the last moments of Christine's life and establish any connection to other possible incidents."

Does anyone know what is wrong with hooper's left eye, has it always been this way, would people remember him better because of it? speculation, imo.
Police receive flood of new tips about Jessop murder, launch tip line - CityNews Toronto
My-Post-2-1024x576.jpg

@25:23
"Christine's body was found near this lonely road. There were only 3 houses
nearby. Lydia Robertson told police she heard screams late on the night
Christine went missing. (video, brown brick bungalo)
"I heard cries for help. Help, help and no, don't." It must have been half an hour later a child cried out real loud. You know, like it was hurt." The scream continued for half an hour. First she thought it was a domestic fight but her neighbours also said the heard it. If they were right it might have cleared Morin."

ETA wrt witness Gabriel Polgar sp?, around October 3rd, he saw suspicious vehicle pulled to side of road, driven by "large man"
CH wouldn't be considered a large man.

Canada: Kaufman Commission - Guy Paul Morin - Evidence of "screams"

CANADA - Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 - #1
Wrt GP and "blue car", post by dedpanman,
Sighting a few days after Christine's abduction on the Fourth Concession.

maybe she could've been saved if only people had gone looking for the source of the screams
did they call the cops? I can't remember

yes I know ... could've, should've, would've
I'm not blaming those people for her attack and murder - just saying, if only ...

Last edited:
Why does every pedo look like this? They never seem to look even remotely normal. Like that one ******* who actually has a robotic claw, whatever his name is.
Many do seem to have a "look" unscientific just imo, often seem to have unusual ears, weird eyes and walks on tip toes - complete speculation.
O/t, did not find a pedo with a robotic claw, but did find a case where a robotic claw found the pedo..
'Child sex abuser' caught after robot clawed his bedsheets off him | Metro News

Why does every pedo look like this? They never seem to look even remotely normal. Like that one ******* who actually has a robotic claw, whatever his name is.
It looks like he has a droopy eye. I was looking up some other unsolved cases and the suspect sketch of Delia Adriania's killer looks similar to Hoover. His droopy eye is on the other side, though. In fact that sketch also looks a little like the sketch of the suspect in the Lizzy Tomlinson murder, the one without the beard and sunglasses. They are also about the same weight, height, and age.

I don't know how to do it but maybe someone can link the two sketches so we can compare.

It looks like he has a droopy eye. I was looking up some other unsolved cases and the suspect sketch of Delia Adriania's killer looks similar to Hoover. His droopy eye is on the other side, though. In fact that sketch also looks a little like the sketch of the suspect in the Lizzy Tomlinson murder, the one without the beard and sunglasses. They are also about the same weight, height, and age.

I don't know how to do it but maybe someone can link the two sketches so we can compare.
Found this for now..
Ws thread..
CANADA - DELIA MARIA ADRIANO, 25, Oakville, Ontario, body found nude in Milton woods, 26 September 1982

Composite sketch suspect, Ron Kuzyk, Beaver photographer
The unsolved murder of Delia Adriano

[URL='https://www.680news.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/sites/2/2020/10/16/Calvin-HooperChristine-Jessop.png']

https://www.680news.com/2020/10/16/christine-jessops-brother-said-man-named-as-killer-makes-sense/calvin-hooperchristine-jessop/[/URL]

Many do seem to have a "look" unscientific just imo, often seem to have unusual ears, weird eyes and walks on tip toes - complete speculation.
O/t, did not find a pedo with a robotic claw, but did find a case where a robotic claw found the pedo..
'Child sex abuser' caught after robot clawed his bedsheets off him | Metro News
Now that’s interesting.

Also, I found the guy: "I'm Not A Monster": Inside The Life Of A 'Virtuous' Paedophile

Fat with a robotic claw insists that his critics are the real monsters. I wouldn’t be shocked if Hoover acted the same way.

Another very good article ... thanx

Several comments stood out for me:

1... Smith told CBC News that police are looking at "every single unsolved case" to see if Hoover may be linked to other unsolved crimes. He says that while no other forensic links exist yet, that doesn't mean there aren't any.
2 ... Othram Inc. CEO David Mittelman says his company is already looking for a genealogical connection in several other Canadian cold cases.
"We have other cases in progress, actually, at multiple agencies," he said, but wouldn't disclose any more details.
3 ... Instead, Mittelman offered a tantalyzing breadcrumb of his own, saying one of the Canadian cases even predates Jessop's murder in 1984.

Number 3-- LE's request for public information on CH was specific in wanting info on him AFTER Christine's murder in 1984. I couldn't believe that LE weren't asking for help in tracing his steps before he brutally murdered Christine. It is a glaring omission that LE didn't consider CH as being responsible for any murders/missing people before 1984. That's the way I have read it. jmo

(snip) ....Why does every pedo look like this? They never seem to look even remotely normal. .
(snip) ... Many do seem to have a "look" unscientific just imo, often seem to have unusual ears, weird eyes and walks on tip toes - complete speculation.

I know exactly what you both mean about "that look" ... I have noticed it for years in a lot of serial killers.

It is like at first glance they appear to have a "vacant look" on their face ... yet lurking behind that "nothingness" seems to be "something" that is dark and evil.

Like an evil entity peering out from behind a mask

Hard to put into words but I tried.

maybe she could've been saved if only people had gone looking for the source of the screams
did they call the cops? I can't remember

yes I know ... could've, should've, would've
I'm not blaming those people for her attack and murder - just saying, if only ...

I always think the same thing when people come forward that they heard screams.
Did these witnesses come forward after the body was found or when the missing report was out? Is remembering you heard screams three months ago reliable? How would you recall the exact date? If it didn’t trouble you so much at the time to report it, what made it memorable? There really isn’t any way to prove it was the same day of the kidnapping or days later. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5