CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
speaking of names, I learned that Elnaz's last name was originally Tamiri. It was changed to Hajtamiri in honor of her having attended the Haj. (Mecca)
(the two last names created some confusion in the reports early on)

Two of the men arrested for abducting her are Sikh, I believe. Their names are Harshdeep Binner and Riyasat Singh. They are Indian. I can't see someone mistaking them for AA.

I meant that the second group of attackers was described as African American while the first group of men were in fact, Indian.

No one was mistaking or confusing anything? I was just wondering if the second group of abductors being AA meant anything in terms of connections, criminal organizations etc. JMO the Indian men look more like friends of the ex rather than "outside help" iykwim.

Do you know if the husbands death was connected to the Ukrainian flight?

I'm also confused about the post mentioning missing kidneys...!

For whatever reason my brain placed the sister and husband on the same flight, thinking Elnaz lost both in the same event. These were 2 separate events, 2 separate losses in her life, correct?

If so, how tragic. If so and Elnaz is no longer alive, maybe she is now with her loved ones once again in a better place.

*ETA I'm not saying Elnaz isnt alive at all, just offering my sentiments.
all my opinion:
1. Her sister seemed to have died in the flight, not her husband.
2. I don't think his kidneys were missing. Something is lost in translation. It says the kidneys were "out of order" meaning both were not working.

I meant that the second group of attackers was described as African American while the first group of men were in fact, Indian.

No one was mistaking or confusing anything? I was just wondering if the second group of abductors being AA meant anything in terms of connections, criminal organizations etc. JMO the Indian men look more like friends of the ex rather than "outside help" iykwim.

Sorry for the confusion. I misread the info! Somehow I don't believe the attackers were AA.
all my opinion:
1. Her sister seemed to have died in the flight, not her husband.
2. I don't think his kidneys were missing. Something is lost in translation. It says the kidneys were "out of order" meaning both were not working.

We're not sure if her sister died in the plane disaster. Or even if she has a sister. I just wanted to know why the picture of herself and husband had a PS752 banner on it considering her husband died of a disease on land. It was interesting to see a woman who so closely resembled her who had a sister called Elnaz. Such a coincidence, imo.

I agree that her husband died of an illness that caused his kidneys to shut down completely. Lost in translation, as you say.

Sorry for the confusion. I misread the info! Somehow I don't believe the attackers were AA.

We're not sure if her sister died in the plane disaster. Or even if she has a sister. I just wanted to know why the picture of herself and husband had a PS752 banner on it considering her husband died of a disease on land. It was interesting to see a woman who so closely resembled her who had a sister called Elnaz. Such a coincidence, imo.

I agree that her husband died of an illness that caused his kidneys to shut down completely. Lost in translation, as you say.
Apologies! I don't know where I got the idea that the second abduction was done by suspects described as black or dark skinned? (possibly a robbery I'm mixing up with Elnaz)

It IS a weird coincidence that the woman resembles Elnaz and she happens to have a sister with the same name.

The circumstances surrounding the husband are also slightly confusing.

All around, Elnaz life seems quite tragic. The fact that she has disappeared with no trace, no sign, no hint at her being alive is scary. Where would someone take her? How long could she be concealed for? Is she confined somewhere? After all this time she would need medical help. I really hope LE is doing everything in their power. Disappearing without a trace is one of my fears.

Prayers for Elnaz this morning.

Jan 11 2023 rbbm.
''The last time Aysa Hajtamiri spoke with her sister was nearly a year ago. They kept the phone conversation short as Hajtamiri was driving but planned to reconnect soon.

That next phone call never happened.

Not long after she got home, Hajtamiri said she learned that her younger sister had been kidnapped.

Ontario Provincial Police have said three men dressed in police gear snatched 37-year-old Elnaz Hajtamiri on the evening of Jan. 12, 2022, from a relative's house in Wasaga Beach, Ont., and loaded her into a white Lexus SUV.

One year later, she is still missing.

Her family says they've been grieving ever since Hajtamiri's disappearance but are holding out hope she could be found alive one day.

"I know it is one year, but we try to keep our hope that she will come back home soon," Aysa Hajtamiri told The Canadian Press in a phone interview from her home in Melbourne, Australia.

"We always think that she is alive, and that we can see her, we can hug her."

But investigators are still looking for the three people who dressed up as police and snatched Hajtamiri from the Wasaga Beach home, and they continue to work on finding Hajtamiri. ''

April 2022

Last edited:
Apologies! I don't know where I got the idea that the second abduction was done by suspects described as black or dark skinned? (possibly a robbery I'm mixing up with Elnaz)

It IS a weird coincidence that the woman resembles Elnaz and she happens to have a sister with the same name.

The circumstances surrounding the husband are also slightly confusing.

All around, Elnaz life seems quite tragic. The fact that she has disappeared with no trace, no sign, no hint at her being alive is scary. Where would someone take her? How long could she be concealed for? Is she confined somewhere? After all this time she would need medical help. I really hope LE is doing everything in their power. Disappearing without a trace is one of my fears.

Prayers for Elnaz this morning.

I did read some newspaper reports that the men who abducted her dressed as police officers were described as African American. That description probably came from her relatives. I imagine the scene was quite chaotic with very little interaction with the suspects. We've never been given a more expansive report as to how the whole thing went down. Did these 'police officers' knock on the door and ask to see Elnaz? Did they come into the home? Was there any interaction between them and E's family members. Were they wearing masks which would have obscured much of their face?

I see a knock at the door and someone being asked by "3 police officers" that they needed to speak to Elnaz regarding her parking garage attack. Probably nobody asked for ID. She went to the door and immediately she was grabbed and hustled to the car. In all the chaos it would be difficult to identify anyone, especially if it was dark, etc. I wonder if the uniforms were just some basic outfit, dark pants, jacket and peaked cap with a fake badge. You can rent stuff like that at any Halloween costume supply store.

I did read some newspaper reports that the men who abducted her dressed as police officers were described as African American. That description probably came from her relatives. I imagine the scene was quite chaotic with very little interaction with the suspects. We've never been given a more expansive report as to how the whole thing went down. Did these 'police officers' knock on the door and ask to see Elnaz? Did they come into the home? Was there any interaction between them and E's family members. Were they wearing masks which would have obscured much of their face?

I see a knock at the door and someone being asked by "3 police officers" that they needed to speak to Elnaz regarding her parking garage attack. Probably nobody asked for ID. She went to the door and immediately she was grabbed and hustled to the car. In all the chaos it would be difficult to identify anyone, especially if it was dark, etc. I wonder if the uniforms were just some basic outfit, dark pants, jacket and peaked cap with a fake badge. You can rent stuff like that at any Halloween costume supply store.
I too have questions about how they went about approaching the house, the family etc.

It's probably not hard to buy fake police gear. Cargo pants, utility vest, printed tshirt, baseball hat, random gadgets on a belt... If they had weapons, it wouldnt take much to get cooperation IMO.

The thing is the vehicle. Obviously not a marked police vehicle. Wondering if all 3 men were in one car?

All of this takes preparation and premeditation. Someone asked these guys to do this. Assuming someone was paid somewhere along the way.

The theft ring is interesting to me. My neighbor had his truck stolen last year, along with tools. He put an air tag under the seat and tracked it. Now (somehow) he has 2 trucks lol!

Noting that there is supposed to be an update for Thursday (of course I cannot remember what news outlet, Global/CTV most likely).

I'd like to know if there were any eye witnesses to the abduction at the relatives home (aside from the relative). Was there any CCTV or surveillance, Ring etc? Have LE grilled the two Middle Eastern men involved in the assault? Did Elnaz seek support from any DV services ( she should have IMHO), Victim Services (if not, why no support? she would've had an occurence/case file, could've been given security/safety planning...)

Leaving an abusive partner can be dangerous. IMHO Lilo was an abuser. Who else would have motive? There must be a digital trail, some communication, proof of stalking... something crumb of a detail.

I'm happy to hear that there will be an update in this case, it's absolutely baffling. I don't have a lot of hope for her to be alive, but hopefully there will be justice for her. I cannot imagine the terror she must have experienced during that attack with a frying pan, and then also when she was abducted, and who knows what horror she might've endured.

For me, all possibilities remain on the table, from simple domestic violence, albeit over the top, to a political situation involving Iran, to something in between with the vehicle theft ring.

Last edited:
Update following news conference.. rbbm
''Police are offering a $100,000 reward to anyone with information that will lead to the location of Elnaz Hajtamiri, a year after police say she was abducted from a home in Wasaga Beach, Ont.

"Her family is grieving her absence and has lived through a year with limited answers," said OPP Det.-Insp. Martin Graham at a Wednesday morning news conference to announce the reward.

"We cannot imagine the pain they are experiencing."

The reward money is being offered through a joint effort by the OPP, York Regional Police and the York Regional Police Services Board.

The OPP have said the 37-year-old was forcibly taken by three masked men dressed in police gear on the night of Jan. 12, 2022, from a relative's house in the popular beach town.''

1673539631249.png

1673539650092.png
Rbbm.
''Hajtamiri, who also goes by Tamiri, has been missing for one year.

OPP Det. Insp. Martin Graham said he's been a police officer for 32 years and never been involved in or aware of a case similar to this one.

"A female not involved in crime is literally plucked out of a house with violence, and nothing's been seen or heard from her in one calendar year, that is incredibly rare and disturbing," said Graham during a news conference today.

''On the evening of Jan. 12, 2022, the 37-year-old Richmond Hill resident was abducted by three Black men who were impersonating police officers. They charged into the Wasaga Beach home where she was staying, grabbed her, dragged her outside and put her in a white SUV and then drove away with her in the back seat. ''

Police have released two composite sketches of two of the three masked suspects involved in the abduction. Both suspects wore dark jackets over fake police vests, a balaclava with white trim pulled up over their nose and mouth, a gold, red and blue badge chained around their neck and dark pants, according to police.

The first suspect is about six feet tall, very skinny, with light black skin, and a long narrow face. He was wearing a thick black belt with an attached handcuff pouch and holstered black gun with a magazine inside. The gun appeared to have been worn with metal areas exposed.

The second suspect is about five-feet-nine-inches tall with lighter black skin. He is stocky with skinny legs, wearing white/cream coloured shoes with a plastic toe cap, cotton black gloves and was carrying imitation handcuffs. ''

What about the third suspect? Have I missed something? No composite?
No composite for the third suspect so far, wondering if the third one is the driver, also wondering about the colour description of the balaclavas?

ETA
1673541416214.png

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member