CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read every post from the beginning. It's been a year and a lot of information and details have been forgotten by us here. This case is very entangled IMO. A re-read of this thread's much earlier posts might be a helpful and insightful IMO.

“…abducted from a Wasaga Beach, Ont., home by three men…. her ex-boyfriend was charged with criminal harassment nine days after the kidnapping.

Ontario Provincial Police said Mohamad Lilo, 34, was charged on Jan. 21 in Wasaga Beach and is scheduled to appear virtually in court on Feb. 22.(2022)” Wasaga Beach, Ont., abduction victim's ex-boyfriend charged with criminal harassment

I just read every post from the beginning. It's been a year and a lot of information and details have been forgotten by us here. This case is very entangled IMO. A re-read of this thread's much earlier posts might be a helpful and insightful IMO.
I’m a fairly new member here. I tried searching for the missing person’s name and didn’t see any previous threads.
If this is a duplicate thread, I apologize for that.

Surprisingly, just came across this unrelated kidnapping case which would not have made sense at all until learning of why it happened, reminded of EH, although in her case no ransom calls were received.

Just a thought regarding EH's new baking business and her former job in import/exports with her ex boyfriend and the possibility that EH unknowingly was used in some way, baking flour comes to mind..
fwiw, speculation, imo.rbbm

Jan 10 2023
''A trial involving how an elderly couple from the state of New York were kidnapped from their home, smuggled across the Canadian border and held against their will at a house in the Eastern Townships began Tuesday at the Montreal courthouse.''

''Arnold is charged with kidnapping, forcible confinement, extortion and conspiring with other men to carry out the kidnapping.''
“(They were) worrying calls,” Chaiken said, adding that the men demanded to have either drugs or money from the Helms’s grandson, who had been part of a failed drug transaction. “You will see through the evidence that these callers wanted to exchange Mr. and Mrs. Helm either for the money, the drugs or their grandson or his mother.
“This is when a major investigation began. A collaboration between the FBI, DEA, RCMP, Sûreté du Québec and New York State police was launched.”

I’m a fairly new member here. I tried searching for the missing person’s name and didn’t see any previous threads.
Welcome to Ws @NatalieH!
Thinking that the poster may have been referring to the early pages of this thread, imo, speculation.

Oh no, this was not directed at you at all, I was just surprised by all I'd forgotten and was suggesting others might have as well, that's all!

Standing by to erase this, but how crazy would it be if by chance i just updated a thread which happened to show a pic of a suspect and he reminds me of the sketch of the POI in EH's case? Not that one really could judge from a sketch..
#54 left guy..

What about the third suspect? Have I missed something? No composite?
I'm thinking the third man is the getaway driver.

However page one of this thread links to an article stating the three men overpowered the homeowner. Three of them overpowered the owner? Should one of "us" fact check this?

@Elliot_Alderson I thought the same, disappointed after all this time there isn't new footage of the car. Or at least a clearer picture.

Again, page one contains an article stating LE believe the vehicle was a white Lexus SUV. Facts?

@dotr I had a similar thought that perhaps Elnaz was pressured to use her baking hobby alongside the importing/exporting as a front for something illegal.

TBH I'm thinking a severely possessive bf who didn't want Elnaz leaving him. He seemed to use tactics that one might use to collect a debt. The kind of thing I've seen in movies.

The lengths they went to, the costumes, the stalking, the intensity. This was not like when your ex calls you 20 times trying to get you back.

Victims of DV are at greater risk of being killed by their partner than the average person. The period when someone leaves their abuser is a very dangerous time in a "victims" life.

Where is Elnaz? If she is being kept somewhere, who is looking after her?!

1673569439900.png

1673569460684.png

rbbm.
''There has been movement. There have been arrests. What there hasn’t been is a sighting of Elnaz Hajtamiri who has disappeared off the face of the earth.
And the strain is starting to show.
Not just on the effusive Hajtamiri’s family but on the cops trying to unravel a labyrinth of mystery riddled with an infinite number of threads confronting detectives with a litany of investigative avenues.''

''OPP Det.-Insp. Martin Graham has been the face of the investigation since Day 1. With more than 30 years of policing under his belt, with the OPP and the famed Met in his native London, he has never encountered a case like this.
“Never. In my career. Never,” Graham told The Toronto Sun, adding that he and his “team have been diligently pursuing every investigative lead that we can think of. Everything that comes in we follow up on. It’s meant many long hours.”

“We would normally hope we would have something by now and that we would have more answers. That is very unusual,” Graham said.

Still …

“We know that there are many people out there that know what happened. At a very minimum there are three, but obviously there are others involved as well,” he said.''

Short video.
Jan 18 2023

''BEHIND THE SCENES: One year after abduction, police and family search for answers​

For one year, the mother of Elnaz Hajtamiri has awoken each morning thinking it will be the day she hears from her daughter. But the phone call never comes''

I wonder if she is woman found on hwy 400 in Bradford yesterday?
''The Ontario Provincial Police is investigating after a body was found an hour away from Toronto in Bradford West Gwillimbury Wednesday.

OPP officers from the Aurora detachment were called to area along Highway 400 northbound near Highway 88 at around 12:30 p.m. after a passing motorist called to report the discovery of a body of a “deceased female.”

The woman hasn’t been identified by authorities yet. A post-mortem examination is being conducted to determine the cause of her death.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back