CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the link: "Police say officers were called to a home on Trailwood Place at around 8:30 last evening.

"When they arrived, police were told a 37-year-old woman had been taken by three men."

So it appears that someone in the home witnessed the abduction and called the police.

It doesn't seem as though there was any other description of the three men, other than they were black, and wearing police uniforms.

From what has been reported so far, it doesn't seem as though there were any other witnesses to the three black "policemen".

JMO, but Wasaga Beach is not an ethnically diverse town. Of the 20,000 people, only 150 are black. Three black men cannot just melt in with the locals. And why dress up as police officers? Wouldn't that just attract even more attention to themselves, especially at 8:30 p.m. on a residential street.

JMO, but I think the story could be a crock.

I worry for this woman's safety.

Wasaga Beach, ON - Demographics | Townfolio

Police say woman abducted following home invasion in Wasaga Beach

Remember it still gets dark early, so if everybody's in their house and it's freezing, if pseudo cops roll up on a house at 8:30 most aren't seeing it

From the link: "Police say officers were called to a home on Trailwood Place at around 8:30 last evening.

"When they arrived, police were told a 37-year-old woman had been taken by three men."

So it appears that someone in the home witnessed the abduction and called the police.

It doesn't seem as though there was any other description of the three men, other than they were black, and wearing police uniforms.

From what has been reported so far, it doesn't seem as though there were any other witnesses to the three black "policemen".

JMO, but Wasaga Beach is not an ethnically diverse town. Of the 20,000 people, only 150 are black. Three black men cannot just melt in with the locals. And why dress up as police officers? Wouldn't that just attract even more attention to themselves, especially at 8:30 p.m. on a residential street.

JMO, but I think the story could be a crock.

I worry for this woman's safety.

Wasaga Beach, ON - Demographics | Townfolio

Police say woman abducted following home invasion in Wasaga Beach

Remember it still gets dark early, so if everybody's in their house and it's freezing, if pseudo cops roll up on a house at 8:30 most aren't seeing it
Three men announce themselves as police, enter a home, take a woman who has no children from the home, and poof. No one at the home was harmed, by the sounds of it. She recently moved, someone was reportedly watching the home, something to do with Iran? Private flights?

She was temporarily staying there, she actually had been attacked in a parking garage near her home before, so this was a friend's house apparently? But it wasn't her new place of residence. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The stories I am reading about this case seem to indicate that the first attack in Richmond Hill was a random attack. I do not believe that one bit.

This is not random at all.

This woman obviously has some very serious enemies, for whatever reason, who knows?

I am questioning the reason why she left Iran. I don't think it was only "to have a fresh start" or "to start a new life".

I think she was running away from "something" and she was trying to hide from "something".

Now, 3 or 4 years later, that "something" has caught up to her and found her.

I believe she knows the reason why she was attacked, I also believe her family knows the reason why she was attacked.

That information is just not being made public, maybe the police do not even know that information.

I have a feeling there is a lot more to this situation than the family is telling/revealing.

There are millions of refugees in Canada, and many of them from the Middle East. Who wouldn't want to leave Iran? Especially a woman

Fascinating theory!
Across WS cases, I tend to more often be in camp horses not zebras, but this one is just strange.

Some sleuthers had theorized the possibility that EH had immigrated to Canada specifically to avoid some threats or issues in Iran. Typically when I see these kinds of theories the first question I ask myself is “ok, if that’s true why now?”. Your idea on the settlement is super interesting as a possible “why now”.

Perhaps nothing to do with EH disappearance but nice theory!

Adding onto the "why now?” aspect; perhaps the "now" factor could have something to do with Canada's strict border enforcement and entry policies during the pandemic? Perhaps threats have been made for some time now but are only now able to be acted upon? I don't mean to speculate but just my feelings here.

HUNTER: Who is mystery woman in Wasaga Beach kidnapping? | Toronto Sun

elnaz2-e1642701384820.jpg

https://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/flightps752/images/faraz-falsafi.jpg

I am trying to decide if these men are the same person.

The upper photo is from EH's FB where she posted a cryptic picture of her with a man overlaid by #PS752.

The lower photo (see link, I couldn't figure out how to insert his picture) is a picture of one of the Canadian victims of flight PS752.

MOO

Last edited:
Which lower picture @Steve McQueen ? Both pictures are the same. EH with her late husband (died in 2017), taken by the Bridge of Sighs in Venice.

Click on second link for the other photo.

I didn't realize the top photo was of her husband. I thought there were photos of a mystery man that was somehow connected to PS752.

If not why the overlay of #PS752 on her husband's photo.

Click on second link for the other photo.

I didn't realize the top photo was of her husband. I thought there were photos of a mystery man that was somehow connected to PS752.

If not why the overlay of #PS752 on her husband's photo.
Dr. Farnam Shapoorifar, 38
see my post #41 on page 3. There are other pics of her husband as well, can't remember where, but I'm still looking.

As for your second pic of a victim of the flight, there is a resemblance for sure. That happened in 2020 though.

That EH overlaid PS752 over a photo of her deceased husband, hard to tell why. There were many Canadians on that flight, she has connections to Canada through her family, so maybe she was affected by this tragedy? Reminded her of the untimely death of her husband?
Is there a name to that victim?
This is all such a mystery.

Dr. Farnam Shapoorifar, 38
see my post #41 on page 3. There are other pics of her husband as well, can't remember where, but I'm still looking.

As for your second pic of a victim of the flight, there is a resemblance for sure. That happened in 2020 though.

That EH overlaid PS752 over a photo of her deceased husband, hard to tell why. There were many Canadians on that flight, she has connections to Canada through her family, so maybe she was affected by this tragedy? Reminded her of the untimely death of her husband?
Is there a name to that victim?
This is all such a mystery.

<modsnip>

What were the other references to PS752 on her FB page? Sorry I am not on FB or any other social media platforms.

''On her Facebook page, Elnaz Tamiri makes several references to the mass murder of Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 in January 2020.''

Is Faraz Falsafi the victim in the picture?

another picture of EH with her husband here.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/elnaz-hajtamiri-abduction-family-1.6328607

The only other reference to the doomed flight on her FB is one with her standing in front of a building, with an overlay "On the Anniversary of the dreadful downing of Fl PS752, #I will light a candle too", posted Dec 27 2020.

Few more pictures with her husband during travels 2016 and before.

IMO the family must know more than they are saying publicly. It defies logic that an innocent person who wants to start a cake-making business is just randomly assaulted, surveilled with a tracking device and then kidnapped by three armed assailants. There must be more to the story that they are refusing to divulging. MOO

Elnaz's case is eerily similar to that of Maria Del Socorro Maldonado Ambriz, 39, who was kidnapped out of her home and tragically murdered on the 29th January.

Both women looked very similar, and more disturbingly: both were bakers.

It may be nothing; it may be something but I thought it was just worth us all keeping an eye out for similar crimes in case this is the start of some horrific pattern...

Elnaz's case is eerily similar to that of Maria Del Socorro Maldonado Ambriz, 39, who was kidnapped out of her home and tragically murdered on the 29th January.

Both women looked very similar, and more disturbingly: both were bakers.

It may be nothing; it may be something but I thought it was just worth us all keeping an eye out for similar crimes in case this is the start of some horrific pattern...
Welcome to Ws Starr798!
Horrifying.
Mother Kidnapped From Home in Front of Kids, Found Shot to Death in Car (newsweek.com)

MOO but I don't believe the PS752 overlay over the photo of her and her husband signifies that there was a connection between her husband and the flight. I think she just added the Facebook template overlay to her original profile picture in the same way that people sometimes have added overlays to show support for tragedies (e.g. Pray for Orlando, Pray for Paris etc).

You can see that she updated the overlay on the same profile photo to some kind of football frame on 13th June 2018.

MOO but I don't believe the PS752 overlay over the photo of her and her husband signifies that there was a connection between her husband and the flight. I think she just added the Facebook template overlay to her original profile picture in the same way that people sometimes have added overlays to show support for tragedies (e.g. Pray for Orlando, Pray for Paris etc).

You can see that she updated the overlay on the same profile photo to some kind of football frame on 13th June 2018.
Yes exactly. I did not imply there was a connection. Her husband died in 2017. The PS752 tragedy happened in 2020.

IMO the family must know more than they are saying publicly. It defies logic that an innocent person who wants to start a cake-making business is just randomly assaulted, surveilled with a tracking device and then kidnapped by three armed assailants. There must be more to the story that they are refusing to divulging. MOO

I agree, I said the same thing,

<modsnip>

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members