CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/2014-2015/finding-emma
Nov 7 / 2014
"Using exclusive surveillance footage taken only hours before she disappeared, the fifth estate speaks to police, friends and family to piece together the story of Emma Fillipoff. With the family’s blessing, the fifth estate shares excerpts of Emma’s hard drive – thousands of pages of diary entries, poems and messages – to a special team of five expert criminal investigators, including an active homicide police officer, a forensic psychologist and a criminologist who pore over the evidence."

http://lake88.ca/2014/11/07/finding...issing-perth-native-emma-fillipoff-continues/
"Fillipoff told In Focus, "It will set forth some o f the hypothesis that different experts have proposed, that I myself have proposed, that other people have suggested. It's something that I have to watch. Actually I have to watch it in case it gives me an idea as to what my next project is going to be."

Shelley is hoping that we all watch it – possibly igniting the spark that will lead to her finding her daughter. "I plead with everyone to please watch it," said Shelley, adding that if a significant number of people watch the documentary this evening, it would be more likely that they CBC would do a follow-up, once again giving the case national attention".

rbbm.

:sorry:

But IF someone has been (living in a shelter off and on for 9 months while) withdrawing from everyone, isn't that a hint/clue that something is wrong?

---------------------------------

"You never know what's going to happen until you take the chance and run..." ~ Emma

I can understand IF Emma ran.

:sorry:

But IF someone has been (living in a shelter off and on for 9 months while) withdrawing from everyone, isn't that a hint/clue that something is wrong?

"You never know what's going to happen until you take the chance and run..." ~ Emma

I can understand IF Emma ran.

Maybe she was pregnant?

I hadn't heard of this case until today. Now following.

Some random thoughts, based on personal experience of looking for a missing person in BC; (since found, using below ideas)

Shelters won't disclose information on the people who go/stay there, unless the person in question gives permission. However, they are usually open to looking out for someone, if notified, & will ask that person in question to let *someone* know they are alive/safe.

Has the family contacted the Rainbow people? They will absolutely not give out any info, & can seem suspicious/obstructive at first, but they are caring & do keep a look out ...

It's not that hard to disappear "off the radar/grid" in BC. Especially for a late 20-something adult. I have some connections out there in what might be considered "alternative" lifestyles, & have just pointed them at this thread. Be aware that *if* by some wild chance they come across Emma, they will likely do no more than suggest she give some sign of life to reassure her family, & put paid to speculation.

If there's a family member on here, or someone in contact with the family, I might have more suggestions in private (I don't do Facebook).

Okay, I have now watched the "Finding Emma" documentary, and have a couple of questions/observations:

Do we know when/why Emma moved out of the houseboat she was living in? Did she go straight from there to the shelter?

Was Emma in regular contact up until her disappearance with the good friends interviewed in the documentary?

Any reason given why her mother (other family members?) hadn't had contact with her for "years" ( or did I mishear that?)?

N.B. I totally respect the family's privacy, just throwing out my random impressions from viewing the programme.

The CCTV footage from 7/11: I see her expecting/waiting for a lift (or the taxi), & checking to see if it/(s)he is arriving. Not necessarily afraid to leave the store.

I agree with the "experts" in the documentary that the putative suicide note doesn't sound like one at all. Maybe I'm clutching at straws, but I'm "feeling" more of a voluntary disappearance/new life vibe. If & it's a big IF Emma had not been in contact with her mother/family for several years, she may not have realised the impact her disappearance would have on her/them, & if she's aware of the search, she may feel embarrassed/ashamed/scared to come forward now. Or she may just be done with all that.

All JMO, & immediate reactions to the documentary; my opinions may change as I dig deeper;).

Some more random thoughts: has anyone done the rounds of the summer festivals in BC? The seasonal (fruitpicking) job boards? Hitch-hikers/carsharing X-Canada boards?

Any reason given why her mother (other family members?) hadn't had contact with her for "years"

Emma's mom clarified on FB today that she had not been in contact by phone in over a year but that they had communicated by email regularly.

Finally had a chance to watch the Fifth Element, I was hoping for possibly additional info I didn't know. Unfortunately, I feel like we are stuck until Emma shows up. She's such a beautiful person, I hope she's missing by choice.

:bump:

Where are you tonight Emma?

:candle:

Finally had a chance to watch the Fifth Element, I was hoping for possibly additional info I didn't know.

rsbm --

I'm going to guess that you mean 'The Fifth Estate', the Canadian documentary series, rather than 'The Fifth Element', the silly Bruce Willis sci-fi movie.

Any reason given why her mother (other family members?) hadn't had contact with her for "years" ( or did I mishear that?)?

Not quite accurate. Emma's mother hadn't seen her since Sept 2011 and they didn't talk on the phone (until a few days prior to Emma's disappearance), but they did keep in contact by email. However, there's no indication how frequent the emails/contact was.

Just finished watching the Fifth Estate episode. Interesting, too, no indication as to the relationship between Emma and her siblings. Nothing in the documentary at all. I take it from that they weren't close.

And what about the Emma's family member who lived near Nanaimo and was supposedly close to? Also, nothing on the documentary.

Surprised that the man in the green T-shirt hasn't been found by police, either.

I visit Victoria several times a year and always think of this case.

Bumping for missing Emma. Her mother pleads again today on Facebook for people not to forget her face. IMO the Facebook group set up for Emma is more a support page and isn't a place for objective "sleuthing" . There are a lot of questions regarding her disappearance that I believe aren't asked on her Facebook group. This may be because people do not want to be rude or show disrespect, but this case has proved a trying one and IMO if more pressing questions are asked and answered, there is more of a chance Emma will be found.
These are the questions I have after reviewing this case in depth.
1. Where is Emma's father? Could something in her relationship with her father have led to her disappearance? Why has he not been actively searching for his daughter?
2. Has LE used a fresh set of eyes on the original suspects? ( JH, DQ, and the guy who found her credit card)
3. Why hasn't LE found the identity of "green shirt" with all the photos I've seen, how can LE not be able to use technology to identify this guy. There are cameras everywhere in Vancouver. Did they not follow him into or out of the store to see where he came from or where he went?

Please don't forget her...http://youtu.be/b3FPSmlCmJk

All good questions Dixmoo and CDNSleuth. I'd also like to know if Emma had friends or acquaintances on the mainland and/or interior of BC. Longshot here, but is there someone/somewhere she could be living off-grid, possibly working as a nanny or housekeeper.

The reason i had this thought ... while travelling up through the Fraser Canyon a couple of years ago I saw a young lady who looked like Emma but had a 2 to 3 y.o. blonde boy with her. She was bent down looking at craft books, and I remember it because we exchanged smiles after i had smiled at the little boy. Although Emma didn't have children, it is said that she liked children. Not saying this person was Emma but she was very similar, and that is what made me think of the nanny/housekeeper aspect as a possibility.

Actually just checked canada411, and out of only 5 listings for Fillipoff in Canada, 4 of them are on the BC mainland (Vanc, Vernon and Trail).

You guyz shouldn't leave me here alone in the sandbox late at night ;)

Something of interest from over in the Shannon Burgess thread and thought I'd bring it over here. Taxi driver in Calgary charged with sexual assault of a passenger (not Vancouver, but so far I don't see any background on the accused as to how long he's been in Calgary):

Story:
http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/02/02/calgary-cabbie-charged-with-sexually-assaulting-female-fare

Pic of 35 y.o. Calgary cab driver Umar Khayyam:
http://i1.wp.com/media.globalnews.ca/videostatic/743/519/GC150202_TP_Nancy_tnb_4.jpg?w=670

Pic of Mr. Green Shirt:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rdDItatzbf8/VF-GWUAr8_I/AAAAAAAAWLk/XlVYDOuJy-M/s1600/suspect.jpg

Hard to compare with only one pic of Khayyam, the blurry ones of Mr. Green Shirt, different profiles, and I know Khayyam looks heavier, but has piqued my interest and maybe just something to consider for now.

ETA: This article says UK was driving for the company for a year (so last January/February or is "a year" an approximation?). I wonder where he was prior to starting with that company.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...end-sexual-assault/+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

We first heard about Mr. Green Shirt last May, but I don't think the articles contained a date as to when the store owners had actually encountered him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective
Back