CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wait a sec .. maybe we shouldn't nix it entirely. Could he have been in Canada prior on a tourist visa, and then remained or returned under the Temporary Foreign Worker program? (because we can't find cab drivers in Canada, don't ya know).

Wait a sec .. maybe we shouldn't nix it entirely. Could he have been in Canada prior on a tourist visa, and then remained or returned under the Temporary Foreign Worker program? (because we can't find cab drivers in Canada, don't ya know).

Good catch SB. Did you happen to call in your connection? Never know. JMO.

Come home Emma.

I passed it on to the Help Find Emma Fillipoff FB admin.

Seems Emma's mother has hired a PI. I know PI's ask for a lot of information along with money to ensure they take a case that they have a good chance to solve. It would be nice to have some of this information posted to this group so bring others up to speed. If I wanted to find my loved one I know I'd be.

It seems Facebook is not a very great "sleuthing" More a support page from what I read on there than unbiased discussion and objective and subjective theories on what may have happened to her. I find the posts on EF Facebook page are not coherent. All questions aren't answered, comments aren't organized.
For instance. There is a lady who stayed Emma at the woman's shelter who occasionally adds comments to existing threads on Emma's FB page...her comments are always non related to the discussion and are often hard to understand. What's with that? And nobody asks her questions to explain what she really knows or what she knows about Emma.
I really see this website as a better alternative for Emma's loved ones to find "sleuthing" minded people. What comes along with this positive setting are questions that her loved ones may not want to answer however.
For a girl with such a big family, I really wonder why they are not a bigger part of her search.
None of her family is on blogs or websites other than her mother that I can see.
i know if this was my loved one Id want to exhaust every oppurtunity and answer every question no matter how uncomfortable it may be.
What I'm saying is a lot of intellectual people chose not to take part on Emma's FB page because of the "nurturing" vibe from it, people like myself want objective information and then sleuthing can begin. This girl Emma is not getting the discussion she deserves. I hope we can strike up theories.
I still have one very important question that I have never seen anywhere regarding Emma. Where is the rest of her family? Why are they silent? Why is her mother the only visible person looking for her?

The family thing is a complicated one. My children are very, very close and loving. I gave up my job, my life, to search for Emma. It would in no way be healthy for these young adults to give up careers and university. They are supportive emotionally and financially and my older son has actually been doing a lot of work "under the radar". As for Emma's father...you would have to ask him. I hold nothing against him. We are very different people. We see things from very different perspectives and tackle tough situations in polar opposite ways.
Please focus on Emma and not speculation regarding family dynamics. I don't know of too many other families as cohesive, supportive and loving than mine.

Shelley

The family thing is a complicated one. My children are very, very close and loving. I gave up my job, my life, to search for Emma. It would in no way be healthy for these young adults to give up careers and university. They are supportive emotionally and financially and my older son has actually been doing a lot of work "under the radar". As for Emma's father...you would have to ask him. I hold nothing against him. We are very different people. We see things from very different perspectives and tackle tough situations in polar opposite ways.
Please focus on Emma and not speculation regarding family dynamics. I don't know of too many other families as cohesive, supportive and loving than mine.

Shelley

Welcome to Ws Shelley, sorry about your daughter, hopefully she will be located one day soon!
It is good to have feedback from a family member, Emma is obviously a very much missed and loved, young lady.

Indeed it is nice to hear answers to questions from the most reliable of sources. I hope all efforts pay off and she is found safely. This is why we care to ask the trying questions, to exhaust all avenues and keep the discussion and the feeds growing. The more discussion and exposure, the better the chances. All respect to her mom and I hope all her efforts pay off indeed.

Shelley

Shelley, do you have any concrete indications that Emma is alive?

What do you need us to do to help?

What do you think happened to her?

Good Questions.
IMO Emma does not seem like the type of person to put herself or family through such an ordeal purposefully. She would have to be of totally unclear mind.
IMO if Emma outsmarted the police into letting her go on her way that last night she was seen, it supports a theory that she was still of intelligent and sane mind. IMO is she was in danger she would have said that to LE.
But what if Emma got into some trouble after the interview with LE, and foul play was involved, which totally would explain the finding of her recently bought credit card a distance from where she was last seen, and why she left all her belongings in her car.
If Victoria LE has ruled out JH, DQ, the man who found the credit card, and possibly the taxi driver who she had a brief ride with Im afraid we need new leads here. Maybe someone close to the case can comment.

Good Questions.
IMO Emma does not seem like the type of person to put herself or family through such an ordeal purposefully. She would have to be of totally unclear mind.
IMO if Emma outsmarted the police into letting her go on her way that last night she was seen, it supports a theory that she was still of intelligent and sane mind. IMO is she was in danger she would have said that to LE.
But what if Emma got into some trouble after the interview with LE, and foul play was involved, which totally would explain the finding of her recently bought credit card a distance from where she was last seen, and why she left all her belongings in her car.
If Victoria LE has ruled out JH, DQ, the man who found the credit card, and possibly the taxi driver who she had a brief ride with Im afraid we need new leads here. Maybe someone close to the case can comment.

Not sure that LE has officially ruled anyone out (unless it's been specified in MSM), but I do recall an MSM article that when LE was asked about the taxi driver, they refused to comment (to that effect .. it's back in the thread somewhere and i'll try to find it).

Welcome Shelley and thank you for joining to clear things up. Wish we were all 'meeting' under happier circumstances.

This can be a tough place to be for family members as we do discuss any and all possibilities. We generally try to be more sensitive when family members join, but if we get too rough, don't be afraid to let us know.

If you have time to read through the thread, please let us know when/where we might be totally off-base, and clarify things for us if possible.

We're all here to help if we can, and so glad you are here too.

:grouphug:

Bumping..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3FPSmlCmJk

"Published on Dec 23, 2014

26-year-old Emma Fillipoff disappears from the streets of Victoria in 2012 and has never been seen since. Was it murder, suicide -- or did she want to hide? In “Finding Emma” host Mark Kelley follows a mother’s determined journey to look for her daughter – and looks at how hard it is to find many of 60,000 people who are reported missing every year in Canada.

Using exclusive surveillance footage taken only hours before she disappeared, the fifth estate speaks to police, friends and family to piece together the story of Emma Fillipoff. With the family’s blessing, the fifth estate shares excerpts of Emma’s hard drive – thousands of pages of diary entries, poems and messages – to a special team of five expert criminal investigators, including an active homicide police officer, a forensic psychologist and a criminologist who pore over the evidence."

http://www.courierislander.com/news...ed-to-hire-pi-to-help-find-daughter-1.1766389

"I got to know her habits and found out she was not eating but drinking gallons of water, especially at night. She was binging on tuna fish, or would make weird concoctions of food at night. I found out it is not at all unusual for someone with mental illness to have hyper hydration which can lead to water toxicity/water intoxication.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1770067/

I believe this is the first time we've heard of the water intoxication (hyponatremia) aspect. IMO, given Emma's habits were obviously becoming unusual is probably indicative of an underlying mental illness, which combined with possible water intoxication, would certainly place her in a vulnerable state.

The only knowledge I have of water intoxication is when I used to work at a government agency in Ontario. One of our clients suffered from mental illness and would engage in water intoxication. I recall that it was an urgent medical situation at the time of the intoxication, but either can't recall or didn't know, if there was anything other than the immediate, short-term effect on the faculties (IOW, when water intoxication wears off, are there residual effects).

I think if fatal water intoxication was a factor in Emma's disappearance, her body would have been located. However, if water intoxication was involved just prior to her disappearance, she may have appeared disoriented/drunk due to neurological symptoms, and therefore could possibly have been in a more vulnerable state.

This is in no way intended to besmirch Emma ... while I don't think Emma was a drug user or has died as a result of water intoxication, it is known that the drug Ecstasy (MDMA) can increase body temperature, cause dehydration, and lead to unwitting over-consumption of water:

Many articles on the association:

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q="water+intoxication"+ecstasy

Just pondering if, in Emma's vulnerable state, someone had possibly hooked her on E.

This is in no way intended to besmirch Emma ... while I don't think Emma was a drug user or has died as a result of water intoxication, it is known that the drug Ecstasy (MDMA) can increase body temperature, cause dehydration, and lead to unwitting over-consumption of water:

Many articles on the association:

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q="water+intoxication"+ecstasy

Just pondering if, in Emma's vulnerable state, someone had possibly hooked her on E.

Wondering the same thing, funny, water on the brain today- have to admit Elisa Lam of Vancouver,( found in water tower L.A.) came to mind after watching
Emma's movements in the 711 store.
Wonder if Emma heard that story?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

Not sure that LE has officially ruled anyone out (unless it's been specified in MSM), but I do recall an MSM article that when LE was asked about the taxi driver, they refused to comment (to that effect .. it's back in the thread somewhere and i'll try to find it).

The Fifth Estate episode on Emma clearly states that the man who was accused of "stalking" Emma (JH) and the man who found purchased Emma's credit card have been given lie detector tests. I do not remember anything said about the man (DQ) who called the police on Emma's behalf the night she dissappeared or any other information on who else has been investigated and ruled out. Perhaps now that SF is here she can post some sort of timeline or answer some questions we have. I know I'd like to help both financially and intellectually in the search for Emma but need information to stay current on the case.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/blog/clues-that-may-help-in-the-search-for-emma-fillipoff

"Clues that may help in the search for Emma Fillipoff"

"At 11:17 a.m on December 5, 2012, the pre-paid credit card Emma purchased on November 28 is used at a Petro Canada located at 2231 Sooke Rd. by a man. He later claims that he found the credit card on the side of the road near the Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre (located at 1767 Old Island Hwy in suburb of Langford). This man is interviewed and given a polygraph test by the police, which he apparently passes".

The Fifth Estate episode on Emma clearly states that the man who was accused of "stalking" Emma (JH) and the man who found purchased Emma's credit card have been given lie detector tests.
<rsbm>

It may clearly say they took polys (investigative tool only, not necessarily 100% accurate, thus not admissible in Canadian courts), but unless LE has specifically stated they are ruled out, polys don't necessarily rule them out officially.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective
Back