CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is one of those cases that just completely baffles me, where could Emma have gone? Her mom has posted on FB, she is so heartbroken, 7 months today Emma disappeared.

What a sad case. I hope she is found safe, and in a good mental state.

I find the withdraw from the bank machine at 7-11 odd, she withdraws in the morning, then again at 5:54pm, it doesn't state that she purchased on debit (like it does with the taxi fare) this leads me to believe she is going to the 7-11 to withdraw cash.
Then she takes a taxi right after the withdraw, and pays the taxi with her debit card. Was the cash she withdraw gone, or was that cash for something else?
Then the frantic scene where the police talk to her for 45mins... Is it possible Emma was a drug user as well as suffer from mental illness?
This is possible and could point in a new direction to look for who she might have been talking to or hanging around.

Godspeed Emma.

Thanks Pharmchick !!

Correcting myself here ... the timeline map shows that she DID in fact use a debit card to pay for her short cab trip within the downtown area. From what i can glean distance-wise, that trip should have been, what ... about $10.00+ I wonder what her bank account balance was at the time she disappeared.

Just before arriving at the shelter, she had used the bank machine for the second time that day. With those two withdrawals on the same day, I wonder how much cash she had on her when she got in the cab (iow, did she have gobs of cash on her to pay for a plane ticket?).

Also, the short time she spent at the shelter leads me to believe she maybe just went there to use the phone to call the cab.

It's still bugging me why it is believed that Emma had her orange purse (sans wallet) with her. Anyone have an idea why she would take a purse but leave her wallet and passport behind in her car?

maybe she was using her van as a storage location, possible she didn't feel her items were safe in the shelter. maybe she took some cash out of an ATM then put her wallet back in the van, and took her purse with her.

This is one of those cases that just completely baffles me, where could Emma have gone? Her mom has posted on FB, she is so heartbroken, 7 months today Emma disappeared.

I agree, DM, it's baffling, but, Emma's case is one where I actually have hope that she could still be alive, and just "out there" somewhere.

I don't have that feeling alot, so, I do embrace it.

Be free Emma, but, let everyone know you are alive. They need that.

WG

Please let this sighting in Powell River be her! I want this to have a happy ending gosh darn it!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

where was it said she was sighted in powell river???

where was it said she was sighted in powell river???

on the FB page, they posted photos of a possible sighting but several people stated that they know the person in the photos as someone named T. so either it's not her or she is using a different name

So Emma's mom arrived around midnight the same day. By plane, I assume? And since she would've booked the flight some time earlier, Emma might have known that she was coming. So she might have tried to get to the airport not to take a flight herself, but to pick mom up? She got into the cab but the ridiculous price made her change her mind.
Next she's seen at the hotel. Maybe she tried to hitch a ride with either a hotel shuttle service to the airport or was asking leaving guests if they were going to the airport and if they could take her along. I could see the hotel staff calling police to have her removed from the premises.
Though the details of that conversation must be known to LE and hotel staff, and probably even to the public, in case it was published in one of the articles I didn't read ... :facepalm:

Bumping for Emma. Go home sweetie, your mom loves and misses you so much.

Emma's family has just posted a $25,000 reward. Hopefully this helps bring her home.

I can't believe we're coming up on a year next month that Emma's been missing. I hope she is found soon. : (

The search for Emma Fillipoff continues

A mother is renewing her efforts to find her missing daughter who lived in Campbell River for few years before her disappearance. Shelly Fillipoff has put out a $25,000 reward for the return of her daughter Emma who went missing in Victoria in 2012.

See more at: http://hqcomoxvalley.com/news/local...Emma-Fillipoff-continues#sthash.eN6pAgU7.dpuf

2013_CAMPBELL_RIVER_EMMA_FILLIPOFFx500.jpg

Where are you Emma? It's time to come home Hon. Bumping for Emma.

I think of Emma often -- the case really sticks with me, and I am not entirely sure why.

It really sticks with me too. Like, she has to be SOMEWHERE.... there's a missing piece of the puzzle somewhere.

For anyone reading this- do your gut instincts say a crime took place (i.e. Emma was taken) or do your gut instincts say she left on her own accord?

Sorry for the three quick posts in a row. I was just reading up on the Matthew Huszar disappearance from a couple years ago, and someone mentioned in that thread the other day that both Matthew and Emma had taken cabs just before they vanished without a trace... and recently a woman was attacked, beaten and raped by a phony cab driver. I dunno.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home
Back