CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG this is the first time I have heard this information. Emma was last seen in front of the Empress Hotel by TWO police officers. It was a cold November night and SHE WASN'T WEARING SHOES :eek: The police officers spoke to her at length and let her be. WTH?! This is really disturbing IMHO. Did they get any indication she was having mental issues? Something tells me they did detect it and that is why they did nothing. :( In the video her mother claims Emma was suffering from severe mental health problems. Is this the first we have heard the word severe regarding Emma's mental health? I would have to go back and reread to see if it was reported her mental health issues were severe, but IIRC I thought it was only stated "she was having mental heath issues".

One year ago Emma went missing. I pray you are safe and found very soon Emma.:please:

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1051624&binId=1.1180928&playlistPageNum=1

Sorry for the three quick posts in a row. I was just reading up on the Matthew Huszar disappearance from a couple years ago, and someone mentioned in that thread the other day that both Matthew and Emma had taken cabs just before they vanished without a trace... and recently a woman was attacked, beaten and raped by a phony cab driver. I dunno.

I'm just catching up on the thread, so sorry if this has been addressed... have both of the cab drivers been talked to or was it a "last seen getting into a cab" type deal? In the past three years or so here there have been 3-4 instances of a phony cab driver taking drunk girls out to rural areas, raping them, and leaving them there naked in the middle of the night. Tiny tiny town here, super busy at night, vehicle description, and yet police still don't have an idea! However many scumbags like this there are out there, seems they don't like to strike just once.

Emma is still missing a year later .......
The year-long search for Emma Fillipoff. http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/the-year-long-search-for-emma-fillipoff-1.1565260

Thank you luckyducky for this video link. In this video the reporter also mentions how a young guy saw Emma walking the street in bare feet, disheveled, confused and carrying her shoes. He called the police and the two officers spoke to her for 45 minutes. According to Cst. M Russell, the two police officers who spoke with Emma could not apprehend her under the mental health act. To me this says it was obvious to the officers she was not mentally well.

This is just horrible IMHO. Did the officers not consider Emma may have fallen and suffered a head injury and this could have been why she was confused? IMO they should have called for an ambulance and at least had her checked out on the spot. Sorry to be so blunt and it is JMO but I think they thought she was just another young street person strung out on illegal drugs. IMHO they failed her because of our laws. So terribly sad. If they would have/could have done something Emma could be back at home with her mom safe and sound. Or her mom would've went to BC, found Emma probably in the hospital, but at least she would've found her.

The haunting disappearance of Emma Fillipoff

One year later, her mother is at a loss, and a witness wonders if he could have done more

Emma Fillipoff was disoriented, shoeless and incoherent when Dennis Quay found her on the streets of downtown Victoria. He called police for help, waited for them to arrive, then went home. The young man was one of the last people to see Fillipoff before her mysterious disappearance a year ago.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/haunting+disappearance+Emma+Fillipoff/9220677/story.html

It's been stated Emma suffered from mental health problems and I now wonder if she was schizophrenic. The way she is being described by this guy from one meeting to the next sounds to me like someone who had neglected to take their meds for this condition. Could it be her mother did not know she had schizophrenia? Did Emma only tell her mom she was (severely) depressed? I get the "feeling" she is still alive but not living in Victoria anymore. She doesn't know who she is. After a year her looks could change drastically and especially if she is not eating well, bathing and taking care of herself. She may have even cut her hair shorter. So terribly sad and I hope people spread the word and get posters up everywhere. I wonder if she had a passport and may have traveled into the state of Washington? I suppose that has been checked though.

The second paragraph really disturbs me. Wonder if there is a video of her outside the Empress Hotel talking with the two officers. So sorry the officers did not help you Emma. :'(

Thank you SB for the article. :)
He initially spotted Emma by herself on Douglas Street in the historic downtown of the B.C. capital, where Emma had moved just a year before. Recognizing the young woman from a brief meeting a few weeks earlier, he went to say hello.

Unlike the bubbly, talkative person he had previously spoken to, Emma was motionless. She seemed lost, distracted — timid at times, Quay recalled. She was barefoot, carrying her shoes in her hands.

The two slowly made their way to the front of the Empress Hotel.

Such a beautiful young lady. Where are you Emma?

Attachments

• Emma.jpg
    Emma.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 61
From the CBC Radio interview with Emma's mother, Shelly:

-Shelly reads every single post on the FB group
-None of the "leads" have been promising
-Emma was artsy, made friends with the homeless people in Victoria as well as the street musicians
-She does not believe anyone has seen Emma at all since she went missing
-Emma has many faces
-Emma smiling does not look the same as when she is not
-She thinks someone will be in the right place at the right time and will see her and find her
-Shelly has not seen Emma since September 2011 - 1 1/2 years
-Emma is in an extremely fragile emotional state. Physically she is not well.
-The last report of someone actually seeing Emma eat, was when the restaurant she was working at closed at the end of October.
-Shelly thinks she is super fragile, frail and thin, and will need medical attention urgently

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Local+Shows/British+Columbia/ID/2318635636/?sort=MostRecent

Swedie, it was this interview Emma's mom gave (I'm quoting an old post here) where she said that "Emma has many faces" that first made me think of schizophrenia. I couldn't quite put my finger on it at first but that comment stuck out for me. Maybe she was trying to say that her daughter could look very different from photograph to photograph.

Her mom is so desperate; I could just feel her agony in her interviews. :( and to have such a "close call" with LE right before she disappeared makes it that much more frustrating.

I also, for some reason, feel she is alive -- perhaps initially being intentionally absent, then perhaps just falling through the cracks of mental illness, homeless, perhaps addiction, etc. She could be anywhere, with no real clue she is being looked for, or even with a connection to who she was or the life she lived prior. She is near my age, and I know so many who could be in Emma's shoes...

I also, for some reason, feel she is alive -- perhaps initially being intentionally absent, then perhaps just falling through the cracks of mental illness, homeless, perhaps addiction, etc. She could be anywhere, with no real clue she is being looked for, or even with a connection to who she was or the life she lived prior. She is near my age, and I know so many who could be in Emma's shoes...
I completely agree Homefront.

My opinion is if she is still alive, she has left the area and likely the island. It's pretty hard to disappear and stay hidden for over a year in a place like Victoria.

It makes me so sad to read that police talked to her shortly before she disappeared and didn't/couldn't help her. She must have been so alone and vulnerable at that moment :(

Saw a story about a body being found in Victoria during the evening news tonight... my first thought was Emma for some reason, but I really hope it's not her.

Here is the only MSM source I can find online, though the report I saw was on CTV News for Vancouver Island. http://www.timescolonist.com/body-found-near-goldstream-park-railway-trestle-1.751402

Details they mentioned on the newscast that don't appear in the article is that it appears the body has been there for months, and that it's "too soon" to determine whether it is related to a missing person that has been reported. They said it is definitely not related to the very cold weather this area has been experiencing recently.

Saw a story about a body being found in Victoria during the evening news tonight... my first thought was Emma for some reason, but I really hope it's not her.

Here is the only MSM source I can find online, though the report I saw was on CTV News for Vancouver Island. http://www.timescolonist.com/body-found-near-goldstream-park-railway-trestle-1.751402

Details they mentioned on the newscast that don't appear in the article is that it appears the body has been there for months, and that it's "too soon" to determine whether it is related to a missing person that has been reported. They said it is definitely not related to the very cold weather this area has been experiencing recently.

Well it's not Emma... They have just released info (via the radio so no link yet) that it was the body of a man, he was in a sleeping bag, had been there a while and that foul play was unlikely.

Short article now posted: http://www.vicnews.com/news/235083801.html

perhaps the police can post a photo and description of an orange purse similar to what Emma was carrying so if somebody comes across it abandoned they would recognize it as important evidence.An orange purse is not seen everyday so if people are aware she was carrying it you might be inclined to notice it on a bus or street corner assuming she is still carrying the purse or if somebody else has found it.

maybe why she got out of taxi heading to the airport was because she realized she had the orange purse but left her wallet and passport in the van so couldn't get on flight with no ID?

So sad that her family had to face Christmas without her. I just don't know what to think. I pray she is alive and well somewhere but unless she changed her looks drastically, would you think someone somewhere would recognize her as she is such a beautiful woman with outstanding features.

Someone knows something and in time they will slip up.

Emma give your family and loved ones something to go on to let them know you are ok.

very few people in my community are even aware of Emma missing so she'd be just another young person passing through.I think the bus leaves for the ferry in the area she was last seen and perhaps she was so freaked out by the police interview she needed to escape and go somewhere nobody knows her like Downtown Eastside.Cut off her hair change her name invent a new life.It's strange she would abandon all her possessions and not contact her family at least once though.That part has me worried for her safety.

has anyone else noticed the 8 photos posted to google earth around the inner harbor with very unique messages attached such as 'here begins the sea for the one that is on the sea, here the sea ends for the one that is on the sea' and 'we came into this life with nothing and we leave this life empty handed, when finished the most valuable treasure that we have,the time'...they are posted under a name EmilyA. Emma's second name is Alexandra.I tried to upload a photo to WS showing locations of photos but unsuccessful.Probably just a coincidence the name is similar but Emma is a trained photographer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back