Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the beginning , his wife stated that if he left willingly, she just needed to know he was safe.
I think its safe to say the thought has crossed her mind as well.

I had read that there was a person with him.
Has that been completely ruled out? How?

I had wondered why he had told his wife that he had a big business deal. He didn't need to say anything if he just wanted to leave. Now it makes sense. He said it in order to ensure someone else picks up the kids.

I hope that Eugene is found safe.

So many questions but I'm sure the family is just super stressed about the whole thing and just not thinking straight.
Maybe if people point blank ask some specific questions, they will answer.

But I'm sure they are just worried sick and just saying what comes to mind or perhaps just answering questions from the police.

Terrible news..
It's been 10 days or more and still he's not found.
It also seems the story is out of people's minds now.

It'd be great to know that this news is big up north because they would be the eyes that we need.

Jazztune, how would you explain him saying he has a big business deal to close that day, when he had called in sick?

As for the other person in the car, I had read here that he had put another name on the permit but I don't think anyone saw the other person, if there was anyone with him. It was stated that the family didn't know the other person.

The black and white image of Eugene came from here (not sure why the link isn't in the original posting)
https://twitter.com/YRPDutyOffice/status/915459194748272640/photo/1

It does not indicate the year of the photo, and I personally think it may be an older photo, pre-kids. I do not think it is a surveillance photo. Looks like he has a band-aid on his chin.

Also, to me it appears as though he is wearing a black apron over a black shirt, the kind of apron you wear when hosting a bbq or working as a stocker at a grocery store.

Just want to say welcome to all the new Ws members and to everyone reading and posting here!

If by any chance Eugene is also checking in here, please get in touch with someone, anyone - two little children need their daddy back!
:Welcome1:

I think I have made my thoughts known quite clearly. There is no point in stating them again and again.
I wish you all a good evening.

From Jason Allen's Posting on FB. FRIEND OF EUGENE KIM. WHAT A NICE FRIEND.
"I spent the entire day out on my ATV looking for a friend of a friend who's gone missing since Monday October 2nd. Eugene Kim was last seen up near the Northwest edge of Algonquin Park at the Kawawaymog park office where he purchased a pass and was said to have possibly be heading into North Tea Lake. Anybody with any information please contact the local OPP detachment. These next maps that I'm providing shows the roads that I personally have been down and on the south hand of Kawawaymog lake heading up into North Tea Lake I covered every side road without being able to find his vehicle..."

Now me again, gta, i have the pictures of a map he created with the paths he took in red highlight. I will post the pictures and video of search when I get off the GO train.

Every time I try to edit one of my posts, it gets deleted.
My post where I had referenced the ctvnews story and what Eugene's mother said in it, is now deleted. If anyone has it, please repost it.

I was trying to add the following to my post --
Jazztune said "In my opinion, his family is entitled to any feelings they have. They can say whatever they want, they can use any photo they want."

You are absolutely right. They could use a picture of him from when he was 1 year old, or use a picture of a flower/scenery. It is their decision. I suppose it depends on what they are wanting to achieve with the picture they provide.

Has anyone looked into the twitter accounts he follows - Gambling and sports handicap sites? @eugene78kim

Would it be conceivable that he has a gambling debt problem and associated himself with bookies?

Would it be far fetched that the campaign was to pay off his debt?

I have not seen this angle been discussed yet.

This story hits home being a Canadian born Korean father close to Eugene's age. I agree that based on the information provided, this is likely a suicide or a bad deal. He could potentially be with a mistress or maybe even a man but based how long he's been missing now, that is doubtful.

If this was a criminal act, the vehicle could be stored somewhere or the plates changed. LE should definitely look into the banking records for him. Maybe he was financially strained and was looking to do one big deal to ease the financial burden. I'm sure they will look at phone records too. Being a wireless salesman, he would also have lots of time to do things on the side. You never know...

In BC last year, there was a young Mother who also went missing. In that case, they let the public know she had postpartum. She was later found dead and had committed suicide. It's less common among men, but possible?

Or he could just have mental health issues. As previously discussed, Asian families never want to admit this.

Whatever the case, let's pray for a miracle.

Has anyone looked into the twitter accounts he follows - Gambling and sports handicap sites? @eugene78kim

Would it be conceivable that he has a gambling debt problem and associated himself with bookies?

Would it be far fetched that the campaign was to pay off his debt?

I have not seen this angle been discussed yet.

Well this is interesting. Very plausible IMO. I've wondered if there was something up with regards to him owing someone money or something.

My post where I had referenced the ctvnews story and what Eugene's mother said in it, is now deleted. If anyone has it, please repost it.

Jazztune said "In my opinion, his family is entitled to any feelings they have. They can say whatever they want, they can use any photo they want."

You are absolutely right. They could use a picture of him from when he was 1 year old, or use a picture of a flower/scenery. It is their decision. I suppose it depends on what they are wanting to achieve with the picture they provide.
Thinking it is this news link.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/please...sing-ont-father-make-emotional-plea-1.3625064
Eugene Kim's parents, Yeon Soo Kim (left) and Myung Sook Kim (right), made an emotional plea for their missing son to return home on Oct. 9, 2017.
'Please come home': Parents of missing Ont. father make emotional plea
Eugene, if you can hear me or [are] watching this, please come home,” his mother, Myung Sook Kim, told CP24 on Monday afternoon. “You know how much we love you.”
Kim’s mother told CP24 that she is “puzzled” and that disappearing like this would be highly uncharacteristic of “such a family-loving guy.”
“He wouldn’t hide without any special reason,” she added. “He’s usually very good at telling… what he’s doing, how late he’s going to come home.”
Kim’s parents said that to the best of their knowledge, their son has never suffered from anything like depression. They also don’t think he would have vanished to simply get away from it all.
“If he did, why isn’t he coming back? Why doesn’t he contact us?” Myung Sook said. “That’s the question. He’d never do that.”
“Eugene, you know how much we love you,” his father, Yeon Soo Kim, who rushed back to Canada from a business trip in South Korea after learning his son had disappeared, said. “You know how much your kids [are] looking forward to [having you] come back... All of our community are expecting you [to] come safely home and [return to your] family.”

Oh, thanks dotr. I meant repost my post that got deleted, not the news story. My post referenced only one portion of this story. Thanks for posting.

From Jason Allen's Posting on FB. FRIEND OF A FRIEND OF EUGENE KIM. WHAT A NICE PERSON.
"I spent the entire day out on my ATV looking for a friend of a friend who's gone missing since Monday October 2nd. Eugene Kim was last seen up near the Northwest edge of Algonquin Park at the Kawawaymog park office where he purchased a pass and was said to have possibly be heading into North Tea Lake. Anybody with any information please contact the local OPP detachment. These next maps that I'm providing shows the roads that I personally have been down and on the south hand of Kawawaymog lake heading up into North Tea Lake I covered every side road without being able to find his vehicle..."

Now me again, gta, i have the pictures of a map he created with the paths he took in red highlight. I will post the pictures and video of search when I get off the GO train.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1507759563064.jpg
    FB_IMG_1507759563064.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 207
  • FB_IMG_1507759553776.jpg
    FB_IMG_1507759553776.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 204
Jazztune, how would you explain him saying he has a big business deal to close that day, when he had called in sick?

As for the other person in the car, I had read here that he had put another name on the permit but I don't think anyone saw the other person, if there was anyone with him. It was stated that the family didn't know the other person.

I do understand what you're saying. Honest, I do. I'm not saying you're wrong either. All I'm trying to get across is that there can always be other explanations for anything.

Telling his wife he had a big business deal and then calling in sick? Well, I can use my own example. I got dressed for work, (working in a hospital,) told my dh I anticipated a busy shift.

Then on the way to work, I got very sick in the car and had to pull over and call in sick to my unit.

Thankfully, nothing happened to me on the way home, (I live a long distance from the hospital.) Since I was working night shift, I did not call my dh since he had to get up early.

However, if I had been car-jacked or forced to drive somewhere, and then disappeared, my husband and employer would have given vastly different accounts!

It certainly wouldn't have looked good for me at all.

That's a hypothetical situation entirely. But it illustrates that something else could have happened. Not that it did, but could.

My goal is to try to keep my mind open to all possibilities.

As for the family, I don't believe they need any advice on how to cope with his mysterious and devastating disappearance.

They are really struggling! Whatever helps them deal with this, I will respect and support.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not implying that you're not. Just saying this as a reminder that our written words (all of us) can be so easily misunderstood. Tone especially.

So please, try not to get frustrated with me or anyone else. We're all doing the best we can.

As for your difficulties with the site and the posts, I think everyone can relate. We've all been there. It takes time to learn the editing process, and all the 'ins and outs' of posting.

If there's any way we can be of help to you, please let us know.

We're glad you're here. We need bright, intelligent, and logical thinkers, like yourself. Those qualities are in high demand.

Please stick around and keep posting!!

JMO

I think a few have already mentioned it but why isnt LE looking into his banking history? Did he take out cash? Is he using his debit card and can they track him? If not, how is he surviving? Has his cell phone been off this entire time since it last pinged?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back