Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just give a name and plate. Proof of ID is not needed and they don't go out to check. Also, given how different Eugene looks, how do we know the employee id'd the right person? The Korean paper has mentioned he likely used a pseudo name. Maybe it was the one Asian guy that came through, looked like Eugene in the pictures but wasn't him really. Can explain the pseudo name thing.

But does the plate # match Eugene's?

Besides the local authorities there, are the only people searching for Eugene from the Toronto / Markham / GTA? Hire private investigator, more than 1, with all the money collected $45k+
I hope it isn't a scam....

Angle.

Can a missing person case be closed by the ones who opened it even though the person is still missing?

What if he already returned home, would we even know?

Notify the police and asked for privacy?

I hope he did return, then case closed.

Just give a name and plate. Proof of ID is not needed and they don't go out to check. Also, given how different Eugene looks, how do we know the employee id'd the right person? The Korean paper has mentioned he likely used a pseudo name. Maybe it was the one Asian guy that came through, looked like Eugene in the pictures but wasn't him really. Can explain the pseudo name thing.

I very much doubt that any credibility would have been given to the Outfitters employee had he just randomly called in a look-alike sighting. I doubt that he even knew that Mr. Kim was missing. Rather, I believe that a simple check on the bank card lead the police to the Outfitters where it was possible to confirm that Mr Kim had been there. Without an electronic lead, it would have been impossible to track him to North Bay so quickly.

Some factors to consider here:

--He couldn't have driven Eugene's car into the lake. The only pre-text he used was "I can't talk right now". The other one was "be home in an hour"

View attachment 124635

--there would likely be witnesses to the accident itself.
--there would likely be witnesses seeing someone drive a badly beat up car (possibly with someone in it) and maybe they would have reported it to police

LE has indicated this is not criminal in nature and that he left on his own.

At this point, I'm assuming that we won't hear much about this anymore. We MIGHT, but I'm not sure anymore. I've been reading the Find Eugene FB page, and nothing new has been posted by the admin of that page since Saturday, nor has there been any new media releases.

The only other explanation for those texts that would support your theory was if Jonathan just casually typed "he home in an hour" - not really knowing where Eugene originally lived. Maybe he assumed he was a local and figured an hour would be enough time for him to get home.

I dunno...I'm so stumped as each passing day goes by.

Just my honest opinion.
On some phones you can make your own "away" texts...
Actually see on the picture it says "custom"
Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Angle.

Can a missing person case be closed by the ones who opened it even though the person is still missing?

What if he already returned home, would we even know?

Notify the police and asked for privacy?

I hope he did return, then case closed.

His brother confirmed on the Help Us Find Eugene Kim Facebook page that LE is still actively looking for Eugene. This was in reply to a comment yesterday.

The police stated they have no indication of a crime, so they can't request footage or assign the manpower required to collect and sift through it, it's a very time consuming job. Requesting records of cell phone/financial activity and following up on tips may well be the limit of what they can do. It's frustrating for the family, but I'm afraid it's the reality: if someone had caused him to disappear police would invest endless resources to catch that person, but since he apparently chose to disappear himself, they will not make the same effort to find him.
I would think just the fact there was a second persons name at the park raises red flags for me..

I just noticed the “Find Eugene Kim” fundraising page now says “No Longer Accepting Donations.” Maybe it has been on there for a couple of days (the last donation is from two days ago), but this is the first time I’m noticing it.

The last “Update” is also from two days ago, but it doesn’t say anything about not accepting donations any longer. No explanation on the “Help us find Eugene Kim” FB page, either.

I really don’t know what to think; just sharing something I saw.

Where could he possibly be? We haven’t really heard much about organized searches. Maybe LE doesn’t even know where to start ... because they are fairly confident he didn’t enter or stay at the park?

I just noticed the “Find Eugene Kim” fundraising page now says “No Longer Accepting Donations.” Maybe it has been on there for a couple of days (the last donation is from two days ago), but this is the first time I’m noticing it.

The last “Update” is also from two days ago, but it doesn’t say anything about not accepting donations any longer. No explanation on the “Help us find Eugene Kim” FB page, either.

I really don’t know what to think; just sharing something I saw.

Where could he possibly be? We haven’t really heard much about organized searches. Maybe LE doesn’t even know where to start ... because they are fairly confident he didn’t enter or stay at the park?
Why does the say "on behalf of Sean Kim"? Was this his alias? Who is Sean?

Quote Originally Posted by GTA:
"Besides the local authorities there, are the only people searching for Eugene from the Toronto / Markham / GTA? Hire private investigator, more than 1, with all the money collected $45k+"
I hope it isn't a scam....

I agree. The goal was $10k, but donations were accepted until almost $45k. I wonder why they didn't stop accepting donations when they had received $10k, if that is all that was needed.

(Bolded by me)

From this article:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/family...ea-man-grows-increasingly-desperate-1.3624511

“There was an eyewitness who could confirm after seeing the broadcast earlier this week that it was indeed Eugene Kim who came into the building and signed for the permit,” Lim said. “There was a second name he put on that permit but there's no eyewitness who can confirm there was actually a second person there."

I gather that means he came in alone, but put down two names for the campsite permit? I wonder if he had written down "Mr and Mrs [fake name]".

Catching up on this case, so forgive me if this has been addressed.

When I read the translation from the Korean article about a "pseudonym", I initially thought alias. However, looking at the Korean name Yujin, it seems that would be the Korean equivalent of Eugene. Perhaps he put both names on the application for the permit.

The go fund me page is no longer accepting donations. Seems odd. Is Eugene still missing?

Sorry - just seeing other posts about this.

The go fund me page is no longer accepting donations. Seems odd. Is Eugene still missing?

Sorry - just seeing other posts about this.

That seems odd. I wonder why

My family camps in Algonquin almost every year. I was in Algonquin Park, camping with my husband, the day that Eugene went missing. It was incredibly busy that weekend (and most weekends in the fall) as it is during the colour change of the leaves and it is breathtakingly beautiful at this time of year. We camp in the South end of the park, where Highway 60 runs through. I'm not sure what the Northern part of the park is like traffic wise but I would assume it's heavily travelled at this time, as well. I can't imagine someone being able to drive a vehicle into a lake and not having any witnesses.
I wondered if his wife showing his wedding ring on her hand may have been a plea or message to Eugene to come home? Jmo.

My family camps in Algonquin almost every year. I was in Algonquin Park, camping with my husband, the day that Eugene went missing. It was incredibly busy that weekend (and most weekends in the fall) as it is during the colour change of the leaves and it is breathtakingly beautiful at this time of year. We camp in the South end of the park, where Highway 60 runs through. I'm not sure what the Northern part of the park is like traffic wise but I would assume it's heavily travelled at this time, as well. I can't imagine someone being able to drive a vehicle into a lake and not having any witnesses.
I wondered if his wife showing his wedding ring on her hand may have been a plea or message to Eugene to come home? Jmo.

My guess is that Eugene was seen at the south end, along highway 60, probably right about where you were. This is based on the video from South River, and the fact that he had cell service. There isn't any cell service along the northern border. Plus, it is a very long drive from South River to the northern border.

After deciding not to pick up a canoe rental, we don't know if he was seen going back along highway 60, returning past the Kwik Mart. No video evidence has emerged. There would still have been a couple of hours of good light.

My guess is that Eugene was seen at the south end, along highway 60, probably right about where you were. This is based on the video from South River, and the fact that he had cell service. There isn't any cell service along the northern border. Plus, it is a very long drive from South River to the northern border.

After deciding not to pick up a canoe rental, we don't know if he was seen going back along highway 60, returning past the Kwik Mart. No video evidence has emerged. There would still have been a couple of hours of good light.

Oh, thanks for the clarification! I misunderstood and thought the video footage was from the Northern border, along with the phone ping. This makes me feel even more strongly that he couldn't have quietly driven into the lake. It was very high traffic that weekend.
I don't know where the Kwik Mart is? I'm usually focussed on out stop at Weber's and Kawartha Dairy. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back