Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The distance between Voyageur Quest Outfitting (where Eugene supposedly stopped) and Chemical Road in South River is around 10km, depending upon where exactly his car has been found.

I'm guessing that it was suicide, and the police put the tarp over his car.

It's very sad that he ended up like this, and his family has had to suffer all this time, not knowing what happened to him. It will still be difficult for them coming to terms, but at least they now have his remains and will be able to have a service for him.

if it is him, he was backtracking towards home it seems.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/mar...0563ab5db6!2m2!1d-79.3795728!2d45.8410378!3e0
attachment.php

Attachments

• eugene.jpg
    eugene.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 192
if it's Eugene, he may have gotten lost, became sleepy, and succumbed to hypothermia. or he may have left the car running and died of exhaust intake. or, or, or... it's too soon to speculate on anything. having said that, if it's Eugene, it will not shock me at all if this is ruled a homicide. he was acting very weird that day.

I feel terrible for his family. :(

According to the Star article linked above, the car was found by the Almaguin Highlands Detachment of the OPP. This is the region between South River and Sundridge.
Thought it was found by hikers. Maybe off-duty OPP officers?

I'm guessing that it was suicide, and the police put the tarp over his car.

It's very sad that he ended up like this, and his family has had to suffer all this time, not knowing what happened to him. It will still be difficult for them coming to terms, but at least they now have his remains and will be able to have a service for him.

If it is Kim in the car, it just raises other questions for the family to agonize over. I'm not sure if the family will ever be able to put this behind them.

First of all - it has not been confirmed that these are his remains, (although if you want to be realistic, it *could* be him), but forensically, we have no proof. It sounds like some are speaking as if it is??? Is there something I've missed?

First of all - it has not been confirmed that these are his remains, (although if you want to be realistic, it *could* be him), but forensically, we have no proof. It sounds like some are speaking as if it is??? Is there something I've missed?
They have not yet ID'd the remains at this point. We are speculating with the assumption it's Eugene. If it's not Eugene, that raises a completely NEW set of questions.

I'm thinking someone recently dropped it off there and that it was somewhere else--murder perhaps?

https://www.cp24.com/news/missing-m...e-located-with-human-remains-inside-1.3825873
attachment.php

Ontario Provincial Police located the vehicle Thursday just before 3:30 p.m. after receiving a call about an abandoned passenger vehicle in Laurier Township, about three kilometres north east of South River.

The vehicle was found in a wooded area on a private property, down a trail leading into the woods.

Police could not say what condition the body was in or how long the body was in the vehicle for.

An autopsy on the remains will take place in the coming days, police said.

Police previously said that there was no reason to suspect anything criminal in connection with Kim’s disappearance. On Friday they reiterated that for now, detectives are not calling the incident 'suspicious' in nature.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 225

I'm very curious about that tarp. From what I've seen, police in Ontario often use a bright orange or blue tarp for covering vehicles or remains, and usually do so when they are being towed away, as in the case of vehicles.

I have been searching, but I could not find an article that mentioned that the vehicle was found with the tarp already on, but I'm sure I did see it somewhere.

The circumstances are very suspicious, IMHO if the car was found in that condition already.

I'm very curious about that tarp. From what I've seen, police in Ontario often use a bright orange or blue tarp for covering vehicles or remains, and usually do so when they are being towed away, as in the case of vehicles.

I have been searching, but I could not find an article that mentioned that the vehicle was found with the tarp already on, but I'm sure I did see it somewhere.

The circumstances are very suspicious, IMHO if the car was found in that condition already.
Hi Darkblue, funny, earlier i was curious about the tarp too, wondering if the car was found like that or if it was put on later by LE. Did not know they usually used blue or orange tarp.
That one looks like one you might purchase at Canadian Tire or HHardware, imo

As per links posted earlier, Eugene's car has been found by hikers, on private property, in a wooded area, off a trail. In the picture with the tarp, I noticed that Eugene's car is next to another car. If it had been next to a working vehicle on private property, someone would have noticed it being there and not being moved. Therefore, it would have been reported earlier. I believe the tarped picture is after police has moved the car.

The car was towed to that garage. The car was found by the hikers at the end of trail in the woods. CP24

As per links posted earlier, Eugene's car has been found by hikers, on private property, in a wooded area, off a trail. In the picture with the tarp, I noticed that Eugene's car is next to another car. If it had been next to a working vehicle on private property, someone would have noticed it being there and not being moved. Therefore, it would have been reported earlier. I believe the tarped picture is after police has moved the car.
Well if it is foul play the murderers are dumb. They kept the plates on the vehicle?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

He may have done some illegal dealings and then killed himself because of consequences of those dealings. MOO.

He may have done some illegal dealings and then killed himself because of consequences of those dealings. MOO.

There is no evidence to indicate that he was involved in illegal dealings. I think that it's premature to make such a speculation. But I do suppose that he might have taken his own life for reasons known to him. He found the most beautiful spot in the province, during the peak fall colours, and even bought a permit so he could be there... forever.

Indeed. One would wonder how he could get the tarp on the car. However, if he (or another person) did manage to do that, then it might explain why he was not seen during air searches.

There is no evidence to indicate that he was involved in illegal dealings. I think that it's premature to make such a speculation. But I do suppose that he might have taken his own life for reasons known to him. He found the most beautiful spot in the province, during the peak fall colours, and even bought a permit so he could be there... forever.

I agree, many people, unfortunately, commit suicide for personal reasons, such as depression. We just don't hear about them in the news like we did in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back