PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wanted to note for reference that imo it was said during a PC, can’t remember which one, that multiple suspicious circumstances were being reported and investigated at the same time while all of this was going down.

There have been quite a few on SM wishing the shooting had been a success then paying the price for violating their employers policies.

Good! They should be fired.

This was local law enforcement. Still, it is the SS’ overall responsibility.
Secret Service themselves flagged that roof as a security vulnerability in advance to the event.

“Someone should have been on the roof or securing the building so no one could get on the roof,” said one of the sources, a former senior Secret Service agent who was familiar with the planning.

Don’t know that this is comparable to being tackled by several men but it reminded me of when my older brother was involved in an auto accident years ago.

Can’t remember if he was driving his buddy’s VW bug or was the front seat passenger but they were hit near head on by another vehicle. Luckily no major injuries but the Bug was totaled.
It didn’t roll or flip over,but when they came to a stop my brother was sitting upright in the back seat and his lace up sneakers were still sitting on the front floorboard! He said they were a pretty snug fit.

For years we marveled at the deal with his shoes.

I have a friend who is an ambulance crew.
He told me when they are called to car accidents,
and they see shoes lying on the road
then they know it is serious matter.

Crooks.was employed as a dietary aide at a nursing home at the time of the shooting, the home's administrator said in a statement.

"We are shocked and saddened to learn of his involvement as Thomas Matthew Crooks performed his job without concern and his background check was clean," said Marcie Grimm, administrator of the Bethel Park Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.

I see that as a huge blinking red light with a sign saying I'm going to kill Donald Trump.

It could have also been seen as someone exercising his Constitutional right to bear arms. Trump and the GOP in general support gun owners' rights including open carry, etc. So I would guess that some might not have seen it as necessarily alarming. Imo.

From earlier this year:

"A federal appeals court on Thursday ruled that Pennsylvania laws that ban 18- to 20-year-olds from carrying firearms in public during a state of emergency are unconstitutional, citing a landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling that expanded gun rights."

I think that is a good point. They are their to protect their protectant but you are talking about an adult with free will.

JFK’s day in Dallas on 11/22/63 was a rainy day which cleared up by the time he got into the presidential limousine. He instructed his Secret Service to remove the bubble top from the car so the people could see him and Jackie.
There is some dispute about it as the bubble top was plastic, not bulletproof, but it certainly could have deflected the bullets.

Lessons were learned that day in the Secret Service Agency. THEY are in charge, NOT the protectee.

I know it’s Trump’s nature, as he himself has said, that he doesn’t ever want to appear weak in public. Such as when he had Covid and didn’t want to go to Walter Reed… he was told he HAD to go and he could accompany them while he could still walk or he’d be removed by stretcher, so he walked slowly to the helicopter.

Though Trump absolutely cares about his image, IMO if he hadn’t been told that the shooter was down, he wouldn’t have continued to pop up on the podium and when they were hustling him into the car. LOL I think he would have abandoned his shoes, too, had he thought he was still in danger.

JMO

Last edited:
I have a friend who is an ambulance crew.
He told me when they are called to car accidents,
and they see shoes lying on the road
then they know it is serious matter.
Yes I remember LE or EMT saying that they were so lucky and must have had a guardian Angel with them or it could have been much worse ( if the small car had rolled or both vehicles had been speeding).

in your experience though would it be an option? And if I can ask a question from your experience is indoor safer? Thank you for your input.
If someone brought their own security, they would have to defer to the Secret Service, and I doubt that the Secret Service would allow them to have their own firearms at the venue. Also, colleges and universities in many states have a prohibition against having firearms on campus, except for formal law enforcement such as SS, local and state police. Private security with firearms would not be permitted on campus with their firearms - due to state law and/or university regulations if a private institution.

I think it's important to remember that there has not been an attempted assassination of a U.S. president since President Ronald Reagan, IIRC, and there have been numerous indoor and outdoor rallies over the last 40 or so years. This would-be assassin seems to have got lucky based on some security lapses at this particular event. Very tragic for the country and for those who were shot.

JMO.

Last edited:
But still! The President or former Pres was due to speak!
Wish I could post that link about the SS that day. Oh well. It’s history now.
Looks like the three families of the victims can sue and easily win.

Can they sue, though?

Edit to add: I think you can sue police for misconduct that results in an injury to you but I don't think you can sue them for negligence (just not doing their job properly)...maybe a lawyer will weigh in.

As I said, I don’t think the parents should face charges. I was merely replying to the line of thought and bringing up a previous case where parents were found liable.

Not for raising him of course. But if the gun was not registered to the son, probably.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back