Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Cormier, 19, St John, NB, 29 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agree. Also where is her bag in all of these pictures? It might be me but I can't see a cross-body or any bag for that matter on her at all.
Good point. No, we don't see her bag with her there.

It was earlier in the day, and there is mention of Gen being at her friend's apartment/house on Duke Street around 2:00 pm.

Sometimes I just grab my bank card when I know I'm just going to the store for one thing. I tuck it in my pocket.

Agreed.I can not think that this is a " random encounter with a stranger",as stated by Genns father on Facebook.If this is true,I think this guy looks like he is invading Genns personal space and she looks quite upset.Since Genn comes down the escalator at the same time,without a food bag,one can only assume that either they ate together and left together,or another huge coincidence that they ate separately and left at the same time.Could Genn have been followed on her walk home later by this guy?
IDK, but I think Gen's father meant to be helpful. He flew in from Alberta and searched every day for his beautiful daughter.

Maybe he was suffering from exhaustion; maybe he didn't know all Gen's friends like her mom did; maybe it was just a simple mistake.

I don't believe Gen's mother ever confirmed that young man as being Nick, though.

I do think there is a high probability that it was; as I suspect Gen was not with that many boys on Sunday morning/afternoon.

As upset as I get with law enforcement sometimes, I do believe even they would have checked and double checked anything so obvious. I bet they put him through quite a questioning session.

Another point that I look at is if he was alone with her why would he wait until she left for home to grab her on the path?

Still, I agree that she could have been followed by someone on her way home.

I don't think by this kid, though.

Not sure if this has been posted:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/news-nouvelles/releases-communiques/12-04-27-105438-eng.htm

(4 and 1/2 hours away, June 2011, attempted abduction, Dalhousie, NB, with sketch)

http://goo.gl/maps/5U4cq

Dalhousiesuspect.jpg

"On Wednesday, June 15, 2011, at around 2:15 p.m., a 20-year-old woman was sitting on the beach located off the Miller Road in Dalhousie. As she returned to her car, a man grabbed her and tried to force her into another nearby car. The woman was able to free herself and get away."

Good find! Does a like this simply give up, or does he try again, perhap in a new area?!

I came across this via Gavin's sister's facebook:

61161_4755787259356_688293133_n.jpg

Do we have a thread for her?

I came across this via Gavin's sister's facebook:

{Respectfully snipped by me.}

Do we have a thread for her?

Yes, that is an absolutely heart breaking case. I offer my prayers.
be8n0p.gif

This is a little off topic, but if anyone hasn't read the info contained in the links below on Kimberly's case I would highly recommend it.

I apologize for posting this link, but I can't find an actual article, I believe it was written by someone in Kimberly's family and posted on a Facebook page originally.

In case those links don't open exactly to the right comment, I have insert the post number and date and time to help locate the comments I'm referring to.

Just a shocking situation, imo.

Please let me add before we get off on this again--even though one of Kimberly's aliases is "Cormier," there is no relation between her and Gen.

Cormier is a very common last name in these parts.

Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:14:47 PM: http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3421.msg35313#msg35313

Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 05:35:55 AM: http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3421.msg89435#msg89435

Kimberly's brother actually made a few posts on page 1 of her thread at the above site; and there is a very good article that was published in the Telegraph Journal. The link will no longer work, but someone copied the article in its totality. That's the only place I know where we can still read it, though.

This is her thread here at Websleuth's:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185161&highlight=Kimberly+Ann+Amero

i know this may have been asked/talked about, but was her phone found with her? Did they use any info, (pings) to track her movements? I have been wondering about her phone...havent seen it talked about anywhere and just wondering if it was also in her bag that was found with her? you would think that is where she would have kept it, along with her passport, right? now it may be useless due to the days in the water, but again, never heard anything on this....sorry for the babble...just read most of this thread, and have a few thoughts...

i know this may have been asked/talked about, but was her phone found with her? Did they use any info, (pings) to track her movements? I have been wondering about her phone...havent seen it talked about anywhere and just wondering if it was also in her bag that was found with her? you would think that is where she would have kept it, along with her passport, right? now it may be useless due to the days in the water, but again, never heard anything on this....sorry for the babble...just read most of this thread, and have a few thoughts...
Thanks for dropping in and sharing your thoughts! :)

It has never been confirmed if her phone was found with her. I'd like to know this, too.

They did try pinging her phone when she first went missing. Early on it was said her phone pinged in the area where she was last seen--just past the BoAz Restaurant.

That location was later confirmed by LE--though it remains a bit of a mystery exactly what they used for confirmation.

I never heard anything about her phone being found. Have wondered about pings.Thought at one point did hear something about pings being heard around Chestley St but that might have been in my imagination.

Thanks for dropping in and sharing your thoughts! :)

It has never been confirmed if her phone was found with her. I'd like to know this, too.

They did try pinging her phone when she first went missing. Early on it was said her phone pinged in the area where she was last seen--just past the BoAz Restaurant.

That location was later confirmed by LE--though it remains a bit of a mystery exactly what they used for confirmation.

Thanks Truth I was hoping I wasn't nuts.

it just seems that it would be in that bag, her phone that is....now if the phone wasnt there, yet her passport was, that does seem strange, like someone left the I.D for quick I.D.....just thinking....

My other thought, early on...
Has it actually been confirmed that she was "in the water"? Because ive only seen reports that she was "found on the beach"...those , while very near each other, are really, two very different locations (if you get what im saying)..I guess what im saying is, she "washed up on the shore" this has been confirmed?

Thanks Truth I was hoping I wasn't nuts.
No, not at all, Sandpiper. :)

I'm glad to see you because I wanted to mention something.

I was reviewing the first thread the other day, and I was reminded that at the beginning they were searching mostly in the uptown area for Gen.

It was a few days before they discovered her actual last location and it was only then that they began to search around the pathway.

So it was probably sometime around the 3rd or 4th of October, or maybe a little later before they brought the dogs in.

it just seems that it would be in that bag, her phone that is....now if the phone wasnt there, yet her passport was, that does seem strange, like someone left the I.D for quick I.D.....just thinking....
I agree. Her last text message--at least that we know of--was sent somewhere around 3:30 pm. She was just leaving the uptown area on her way home, also at this time.

She could have put her phone in her pocket, but I think her purse is the most likely place, too.

It would be very interesting to know if it was found with her or not.

My other thought, early on...
Has it actually been confirmed that she was "in the water"? Because ive only seen reports that she was "found on the beach"...those , while very near each other, are really, two very different locations (if you get what im saying)..I guess what im saying is, she "washed up on the shore" this has been confirmed?
I have to give this a yes, although somewhat reluctantly. The media reported LE said it appeared that she had been in the water for "some" time; and we were told the same by a member of Gen's family.

well we could lose all kinds of evidence in the water, so thats a shame, but really would like to know what else was in this bag of hers..the fact that it stayed on her body and still held her passport, is quite amazing...some other things must have survived, right? i guess we might never know....

Great work folks :seeya:

Just putting my :twocents: in. I wonder if Gen's purse had a buckle on the strap as many do so one can lengthen or shorten the strap and maybe it got snagged on her clothing or in her long hair not allowing it to be carried away in the water. Just some food for thought also. I have seen many young girls carrying a purse but they always seem to have their cell phones in their hands texting or they put it in their jacket or jean pocket for easy access especially if they use it a lot. Just saves them the hassle of rummaging around in their purse for it.

I remember when those surveillance photos first came out of Gen and "Nick". I was reading on Gen's Missing fb page and a couple people had commented that his guy's was Nick and he had been questioned extensively by LE on a couple occasions. It did not sound from what I read, he was unknown to Gen. I am just assuming here but if Gen went to the mall to grab a bite to eat with friends, she probably left her purse at the table with friends and maybe during the conversation with "Nick" she left with him to possibly go meet up with someone else, letting her friends know she'd be right back. Of course that's just my assumption as to why she did not have her purse with her on the escalator.

I do believe these women met up with foul play and I really wonder if it may have been someone they all knew. Could it have been someone associated with a club they hung out at and someone who may have been a regular customer at the restaurant owned by the older lady (my apology as I forgot her name while typing) and her husband? What makes me believe the possible victims knew the perp is because IMHO the times at which they went missing. I assume to abduct someone in broad daylight would be a pretty daring feat to carry out of course unless they were all in a pretty secluded area for the perp to take risks. Could it have been a couple acting as tourists and asking for directions such as the case of Karla H and Paul B? Somehow I feel whoever it was, must have been known to these ladies or somehow gained their trust quickly.

I just hope women in this area of NB are being very cautious when out and about alone. Any area for that matter. And whenever possible NEVER walk alone, especially in secluded area and at night.

All MOO.

Great work folks :seeya:

Just putting my :twocents: in. I wonder if Gen's purse had a buckle on the strap as many do so one can lengthen or shorten the strap and maybe it got snagged on her clothing or in her long hair not allowing it to be carried away in the water. Just some food for thought also. I have seen many young girls carrying a purse but they always seem to have their cell phones in their hands texting or they put it in their jacket or jean pocket for easy access especially if they use it a lot. Just saves them the hassle of rummaging around in their purse for it.

I remember when those surveillance photos first came out of Gen and "Nick". I was reading on Gen's Missing fb page and a couple people had commented that his guy's was Nick and he had been questioned extensively by LE on a couple occasions. It did not sound from what I read, he was unknown to Gen. I am just assuming here but if Gen went to the mall to grab a bite to eat with friends, she probably left her purse at the table with friends and maybe during the conversation with "Nick" she left with him to possibly go meet up with someone else, letting her friends know she'd be right back. Of course that's just my assumption as to why she did not have her purse with her on the escalator.

I do believe these women met up with foul play and I really wonder if it may have been someone they all knew. Could it have been someone associated with a club they hung out at and someone who may have been a regular customer at the restaurant owned by the older lady (my apology as I forgot her name while typing) and her husband? What makes me believe the possible victims knew the perp is because IMHO the times at which they went missing. I assume to abduct someone in broad daylight would be a pretty daring feat to carry out of course unless they were all in a pretty secluded area for the perp to take risks. Could it have been a couple acting as tourists and asking for directions such as the case of Karla H and Paul B? Somehow I feel whoever it was, must have been known to these ladies or somehow gained their trust quickly.

I just hope women in this area of NB are being very cautious when out and about alone. Any area for that matter. And whenever possible NEVER walk alone, especially in secluded area and at night.

All MOO.
Swede,do you happen to know which restaurant Yeonchee and her husband owned?Looked and looked for this info and came up empty.Thanks

No, not at all, Sandpiper. :)

I'm glad to see you because I wanted to mention something.

I was reviewing the first thread the other day, and I was reminded that at the beginning they were searching mostly in the uptown area for Gen.

It was a few days before they discovered her actual last location and it was only then that they began to search around the pathway.

So it was probably sometime around the 3rd or 4th of October, or maybe a little later before they brought the dogs in.

I agree with this time frame. That's probably why no trace was found by the dogs. I think family and friends were already searching this area before confirmation of a sighting came out. Also by the 3rd or 4th of oct we'd already had rain and fog. Gave me thoughts on this when the rescue people told folks not to search in the wooded area for Gavin Adams.

well we could lose all kinds of evidence in the water, so thats a shame, but really would like to know what else was in this bag of hers..the fact that it stayed on her body and still held her passport, is quite amazing...some other things must have survived, right? i guess we might never know....
Well, things might be heating up somewhere in the background--so, let's keep praying for answers.

Justice for Genevieve!
2mnkbrd.gif

And Yeonhee, and Shelby!

Something that is standing out to me after reading through the threads.

It was specifically reported by a verified insider early on that Genna DID NOT have her passport with her. It was at home.

Wonder what that was all about? Just some miscommunication?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back