Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Cormier, 19, St John, NB, 29 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's another link in which you may be able to watch the video, hth Truth.

2nd Saint John High Student Death Prompts Crisis Response - Video Dailymotion

I made a quick list of missing people in NB. I haven't had time to search to all see if any of them have been solved though, sorry. I have with the women and most of the males. It may be a start.

5 teens missing in Moncton areaJanuary 24, 2013.
All of the teens, aged 14 to 17, left a youth residence without permission
Tyler Noel, 15, Kingsley Matthews, 16, and Travis Timothy Prosser, 17, all left the residence without permission over the past two weeks. They may not necessarily be together

She has been found! :)
The RCMP issued a statement on Thursday afternoon about the disappearance of Kiana Patles, who left a youth residence in Dieppe. She was last seen in the Dover Road area on Jan. 22, according to the RCMP.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/5-teens-missing-in-moncton-area-1.1315923

Missing sorted by gender and dates
Michelle Wedge, 7, July 2, 1975
Bonnie Thomas(nee Cooper), 17 March 1978
Kimberly Ann Amero, 15, September 3rd, 1985
Stephanie Cyr, June 5th 1998
Martha Kelly, 73, June 8, 2012
Alanna Greene, 29, September 16, 2012

Douglas Babineau, 31,November 1988
Vincent Allen Greene, August 16, 1989
Sonore Comeau, 51, February 1, 1991
RANDY BOUDREAU ISAAC, 2004
Thomas Robert KELEHER, November 7th, 2007
Jean-Eudes Legere, 79, Nov. 14, 2008
Gregory David Wry, February 21, 2010
FRED BYRAM, OCT 2010
Michael Andrew Blakney, 43, Aug. 2010
Scott Taylor, 23, Dec. 2, 2011
Lionel Daigle- 58yr old 04/03/2011
Christopher Metallic, Nov. 25th, 2012
Roméo Cloutier, September 13, 2012
Todd BENT Lepreau, October 6th 2013
Timothy Prosser and Tyler Noel
James Austen MacKey, 58
Jacques DUGUAY

I'm sure there are more, just don't have the time right now. My point was trying to find which women they were referring; four women in 32 years. MOO.
Oh, thank you so much, Swedie! I can watch the video. :)

That's quite a list you have going, there.

I recognize a couple of the names immediately.

Bonnie Thomas could possibly be one of the women the article could have been including in the missing four. She definitely wouldn't count as being from Saint John proper, but it's hard to say exactly how they split the province.

I do note that the article refers to "currently four unsolved missing female cases in the city, dating back 32 years, said Henderson."

I believe they are at least referring to the greater Saint John area, if not the city of Saint John by itself.

That would exclude many from your list--Michelle Wedge, for example, is from Moncton.

We are all too familiar with the words "no foul play" in Moncton, too. The same thing goes on here; and all across the province, really. It's no secret.

I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to take a better look at your list.

Thank you for the important information SP :seeya: Maybe he was walking in the lot on his way home and was hit by a car. Hit and run. :( Very strange and sad. Nefarious or accidental it would be a relief to have solid answers. MOO.
They are not afraid to say hit and run in these parts.

They would most likely suspect a drunk driver and look for him.

I feel quite certain that they could tell injuries sustained from a motor vehicle striking a person's body at autopsy--surely.

The impact will often damage the vehicle, too. They would put bulletins out to car washes, and every where you can imagine. They would ask for the publics help.

I have seen them do this, and they usually find their perpetrator in a very reasonable length of time.

They wouldn't be saying no foul play--especially not with the mood the city is in right now.

I don't know what resulted in Gavin's death; and am unsure if it is connected to Genevieve's; but I don't believe it was a hit and run accident that ended his life.

It would be interesting to know what Gavin did Saturday night before his friend and he parted ways. He was an athlete and artistic type young man but 17 year olds have been known to 'party'. I know I and most of my friends did at this age and I was considered a 'good kid' who did well in school. The theory (other than foul play) that makes the most sense to me is that perhaps he and his friend were drinking and Gavin passed out in the cold and succombed to the brutal weather. A hit and run as others have said does not make sense, it would have been made public if that was the case. Suicide definitely does not seem plausible. All of this is just speculation on my part. Poor Gavin, poor family. Very sad but possibly not at all related to Genn.

It would be interesting to know what Gavin did Saturday night before his friend and he parted ways. He was an athlete and artistic type young man but 17 year olds have been known to 'party'. I know I and most of my friends did at this age and I was considered a 'good kid' who did well in school. The theory (other than foul play) that makes the most sense to me is that perhaps he and his friend were drinking and Gavin passed out in the cold and succombed to the brutal weather. A hit and run as others have said does not make sense, it would have been made public if that was the case. Suicide definitely does not seem plausible. All of this is just speculation on my part. Poor Gavin, poor family. Very sad but possibly not at all related to Genn.

IIRC Jan, Gavin had been at a swim meet Saturday, (his team place third) not sure what time and what time he was last seen which was around the area where he was found. He wasn't reported missing until Sunday around 5:30pm by his parents.

Truth the video I linked for you, part of it is missing; almost a minute. :( The reporters speaks of Gavin's parents and the quartet the belong to and shows video of the quartet along with Gavin's swim team swimming. Then it shows LE putting Gavin into a corner's vehicle.

RIP Gavin, heaven has gained another beautiful soul.
http://www.inmemoriam.ca/view-announcement-398891-gavin-adams.html

Oh, gosh--I really am getting positively old--I hadn't thought of teenage drinking. :doh:

And out of respect for the family, they can get away without releasing any details.

I hope a full toxicology report is being done; I would want the levels of alcohol confirmed if he was my son.

I offer my deepest and sincerest condolences to his family; and I fully realize that teenagers will get out there and do many things without the approval of their parents.

I just want to highlight, though, that Gavin wasn't reported missing until 5:30 pm Sunday.

It stormed all day Sunday, starting around 7:00 am--if you knew your teenager had a little bit of a drinking problem and you couldn't locate him at any of his friends, I wonder why you would wait so long to report him missing.

Following is one interesting thing that I noticed, relating to Genevieve's case.

Gavin's home was on Orange St., and one of the places where Genevieve was reported to be on Sunday afternoon was at a friend's house on Duke St. These streets are a mere city block apart.

That's probably nothing, but we might as well put every little thing we have out there.

24wrbjd.jpg
http://goo.gl/maps/gDXVq

IIRC Jan, Gavin had been at a swim meet Saturday, (his team place third) not sure what time and what time he was last seen which was around the area where he was found. He wasn't reported missing until Sunday around 5:30pm by his parents.

Truth the video I linked for you, part of it is missing; almost a minute. :( The reporters speaks of Gavin's parents and the quartet the belong to and shows video of the quartet along with Gavin's swim team swimming. Then it shows LE putting Gavin into a corner's vehicle.

RIP Gavin, heaven has gained another beautiful soul.
http://www.inmemoriam.ca/view-announcement-398891-gavin-adams.html
Apparently, Gavin got back to his home, from his swim meet, at around 6:00 pm, Saturday. He left sometime after that to 'hang out' with a friend; and if he was walking, the path he would have most likely taken would put him nearly following Genevieve's footsteps as she headed toward her home on the west side.

Further, his friend said that he last saw him around 9:00 pm near the corner of Chesley Drive and Hilyard Street; but his phone was pinged in the parking lot of the old bus terminal on Chesley Drive, about a minute's walk away from the corner.

IF his friend left him at the corner, it would appear that he did not walk toward his home once his friend had left him.

15g6ydj.jpg
http://goo.gl/maps/QnDFo

There are a lot of missing hours between 9:00 pm, Saturday evening, and Monday evening when they recovered his remains. :(

Edited to add: Even though the end was cut off, I still appreciated seeing the portion of the video that I could watch at your link. Thumbs up for providing it, and thanks for the info on the remainder.

I do not want to imply anything whatsoever as there may be no connection but the Saint John Police issued a public advisory yesterday regarding a drug called DMT? Commonly referred to as "water". Scary stuff!

I do not want to imply anything whatsoever as there may be no connection but the Saint John Police issued a public advisory yesterday regarding a drug called DMT? Commonly referred to as "water". Scary stuff!
As soon as I saw the darkness of the location and the isolation of the spot, I thought about the buying and selling of drugs.

It would 'fit' more than alcohol, especially in Gavin's case.

VIDEO at link below:
Quote: "It is smoked, ingested or even injected and induces intense hallucinations that can cause users to become dangerously unaware of their surroundings."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...of-dangerous-drugs-mistaken-for-lsd-1.2471289

Possibly this would fit into Shelby's circumstances, too; but I don't see it as having a part in Genevieve's or Yeonhee's disappearances.

I saw this circulating, and also immediately though of these cases, especially Gavin's -- did something specific inspire the LE video? I lived in NB for 10 years and still have most of my social circle there, including some who indulge in the use of drugs, and none knew much about DMT presence in the province.

As soon as I saw the darkness of the location and the isolation of the spot, I thought about the buying and selling of drugs.

It would 'fit' more than alcohol, especially in Gavin's case.

VIDEO at link below:
Quote: "It is smoked, ingested or even injected and induces intense hallucinations that can cause users to become dangerously unaware of their surroundings."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...of-dangerous-drugs-mistaken-for-lsd-1.2471289

Possibly this would fit into Shelby's circumstances, too; but I don't see it as having a part in Genevieve's or Yeonhee's disappearances.

Quite possibly no connection to any of these cases. However after doing a bit of research i came across a few references that basically said some users experience an intense attraction to be in or near water.

I saw this circulating, and also immediately though of these cases, especially Gavin's -- did something specific inspire the LE video? I lived in NB for 10 years and still have most of my social circle there, including some who indulge in the use of drugs, and none knew much about DMT presence in the province.
BBM - Interesting question.

I noticed he made a special video for this, too. It wasn't included in the regular report he did on Thursday.

As a lifelong resident of the province, I have discovered that when the public is clamoring for answers we often get something like this.

It's not an answer, but maybe we could find one there if we were willing to cling to anything.

Quite possibly no connection to any of these cases. However after doing a bit of research i came across a few references that basically said some users experience an intense attraction to be in or near water.
BBM - Agreed.

I did a bit of research, too, and one thing that stood out for me was that I read in two different places that the high doesn't last long. Fifteen minutes was a time given for the duration of the drug's effect, and apparently you come down very quick.

The closest I came to a water reference was someone saying they thought being high on this stuff was what it would feel like being in the womb.

There isn't anything at these links that I really recommmend reading, but I will post them as my sources:

http://www.vice.com/read/interviews-with-people-who-just-smoked-dmt

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110412165920AAmkXbg

Let's remember that Genevieve walked for at least an hour before she disappeared.

I don't believe for one second that 45 year old Yeonhee was doing drugs at 6:00 am in the morning.

Shelby - if she were the only case - I might give it some thought.

And even Gavin - do we believe that he left his friend; made a quick purchase in the dark and used it alone. He wouldn't even have had time to freeze in 15 minutes.

Nah, I can't buy this.

We're loosing sight of the facts: Three women--in 6 month intervals--mysteriously disappear, two from the same area--all three bodies wash ashore, two in the same area.

BBM - Agreed.

I did a bit of research, too, and one thing that stood out for me was that I read in two different places that the high doesn't last long. Fifteen minutes was a time given for the duration of the drug's effect, and apparently you come down very quick.

The closest I came to a water reference was someone saying they thought being high on this stuff was what it would feel like being in the womb.

There isn't anything at these links that I really recommmend reading, but I will post them as my sources:

http://www.vice.com/read/interviews-with-people-who-just-smoked-dmt

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110412165920AAmkXbg

Let's remember that Genevieve walked for at least an hour before she disappeared.

I don't believe for one second that 45 year old Yeonhee was doing drugs at 6:00 am in the morning.

Shelby - if she were the only case - I might give it some thought.

And even Gavin - do we believe that he left his friend; made a quick purchase in the dark and used it alone. He wouldn't even have had time to freeze in 15 minutes.

Nah, I can't buy this.

We're loosing sight of the facts: Three women--in 6 month intervals--mysteriously disappear, two from the same area--all three bodies wash ashore, two in the same area.

Truth. I get what you are saying. The short term effects are what I read about as well, however in the LE video advisory they specifically stated that the effects can last up to 10 hours.

Should Gavin be added to the Comparison List? Coincidence that another "no foul play" death happens after being out on a Saturday night?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Mary Cormier, 19, Saint John NB, 29 September 2013 #2
I'll go with the majority, Mr. Steve, so I hope other people chime in.

My vote is no, not to add him to the list.

I believe the lives of Shelby, Yeonhee, and Genevieve were all taken by the same individual.

These are three female victims taken at six month intervals; all three disappearing without a trace, only to wash up to shore weeks later.

Their deaths have far more in common than the words "no foul play."

I'm not sure if Gavin's death is related; but if it is, I believe the motive is very different.

Truth. I get what you are saying. The short term effects are what I read about as well, however in the LE video advisory they specifically stated that the effects can last up to 10 hours.
Okay, I went back and checked the video.

He is talking about two different drugs: DMT and 25i. It is 25i that can last 6 to 10 hours. This drug has only been around since 2010, and is still quite unknown. I wouldn't argue that this one is scary.

Here is a short transcript I did from the video:

At about 0:48 seconds in:
Quote: "DMT is a dangerous hallucinogenic drug causing powerful short lived effects. It is smoked, ingested, or even injected; and induces intense hallucinations that can cause users to become dangerously unaware of their surroundings.

25i is also a dangerous hallucinogenic drug that can have effects that last up to 10 hours.

We are warning the general public that any such substances purchased should not be consumed. There is no know approved medical use for these particular synthetic drugs; nor have they been knowingly approved for human consumption."

Article and video at link: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...of-dangerous-drugs-mistaken-for-lsd-1.2471289

Another source with some info on 25i:
Quote:
"Duration,
Total : 6 - 10 hrs
Onset : 15 - 120 mins
Plateau : 2 - 4 hrs
Coming Down : 1 - 4 hrs

Dosage,
Threshold : 50 - 250 ug (micrograms)
Light : 200 - 600 ug
Common : 500 - 800 ug
Strong : 700 - 1500 ug"

http://www.disregardeverythingisay.com/post/49302181054/25i-nbome-broken-down-and-described

You can Google and find a site where people explain their experiences with it, but I can't add the link here.

It sounds to me like both DMT and 25i are only currently making their way into the city.

Shelby has been gone for almost 15 months now.

I don't buy a connection between any drugs and the deaths of the three women.

Okay, I went back and checked the video.

He is talking about two different drugs: DMT and 25i. It is 25i that can last 6 to 10 hours. This drug has only been around since 2010, and is still quite unknown. I wouldn't argue that this one is scary.

Here is a short transcript I did from the video:

At about 0:48 seconds in:
Quote: "DMT is a dangerous hallucinogenic drug causing powerful short lived effects. It is smoked, ingested, or even injected; and induces intense hallucinations that can cause users to become dangerously unaware of their surroundings.

25i is also a dangerous hallucinogenic drug that can have effects that last up to 10 hours.

We are warning the general public that any such substances purchased should not be consumed. There is no know approved medical use for these particular synthetic drugs; nor have they been knowingly approved for human consumption."

Article and video at link: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...of-dangerous-drugs-mistaken-for-lsd-1.2471289

Another source with some info:
Quote:
"Duration,
Total : 6 - 10 hrs
Onset : 15 - 120 mins
Plateau : 2 - 4 hrs
Coming Down : 1 - 4 hrs

Dosage,
Threshold : 50 - 250 ug (micrograms)
Light : 200 - 600 ug
Common : 500 - 800 ug
Strong : 700 - 1500 ug"

http://www.disregardeverythingisay.com/post/49302181054/25i-nbome-broken-down-and-described

You can Google and find a site where people explain their experiences with it, but I can't add the link here.

It sounds to me like both DMT and 25i are only currently making their way into the city.

Shelby has been gone for almost 15 months now.

I don't buy a connection between any drugs and the deaths of the three women.

Boy this is some ugly stuff. Youth is harder today than in my day,parents just worried about booze. Truth I agree with you Gavins death is not connected to our three beautiful ladies.

I'll go with the majority, Mr. Steve, so I hope other people chime in.

My vote is no, not to add him to the list.

I believe the lives of Shelby, Yeonhee, and Genevieve were all taken by the same individual.

These are three female victims taken at six month intervals; all three disappearing without a trace, only to wash up to shore weeks later.

Their deaths have far more in common than the words "no foul play."

I'm not sure if Gavin's death is related; but if it is, I believe the motive is very different.

I defer to what you think, Truth.... Curious what everyone thinks...

Wish more info would be released besides "no foul play" - - such if suspected drug death, medical problem, natural causes (but can't be for someone so young)...

Can't remember patterns of other serial killer - if they would do something not expected to throw off LE...

Boy this is some ugly stuff. Youth is harder today than in my day,parents just worried about booze. Truth I agree with you Gavins death is not connected to our three beautiful ladies.
Yup, drugs are ugly stuff.

I think murder tops them, though. I could have missed it; but I don't remember seeing any special updates made just for Genevieve's case. The ones I saw were tucked into the end of a video, after updating on recent small crimes in the city.

These somewhat new drugs rate a special video devoted to just them, and an article by the CBC.

Priority or decoy, IDK.

Yup, drugs are ugly stuff.

I think murder tops them, though. I could have missed it; but I don't remember seeing any special updates made just for Genevieve's case. The ones I saw were tucked into the end of a video, after updating on recent small crimes in the city.

These somewhat new drugs rate a special video devoted to just them, and an article by the CBC.

Priority or decoy, IDK.

Yes I agree on that. I noticed a whole different tone on this as compared to Gen,who in the police view was a runaway or a sucide. I think his parents are very well known in the city with connections to the powers that be. Seems very odd Gavin is found on Monday,these drugs are found and arrests made on Tuesday,then a special police warning. I hope it does some good though because if these drugs are connected to Gavin it is murder in a sense.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back