Found Deceased Canada - Jacqueline McDermott, 22, car broke down on Hwy 97 C, between Merritt and Logan Lake, BC, 30 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Screenshot-2022-10-03-at-18-25-58-90169_thumbnail.jpg-JPEG-Image-390-%C3%97-693-pixels-%E2%80%94-Scaled-80_.png

On Saturday, October 1, 2022, Merritt RCMP received a missing person report. Jacqueline McDermott was reported missing by family as she has not been seen, or heard from since Thursday, September 29, 2022.

Police have learned that on September 30, 2022 Jacqueline had planned to attend a yoga retreat near Merritt but left after a short time. Her vehicle, which appears to have broken down, was located on highway 97 C between Merritt and Logan Lake and local community members recall seeing Jacqueline around her vehicle.

An extensive search on land and in air was conducted by RCMP Air Services, Police Dog Services and Search & Rescue, and no sign of Jacqueline has been found.

Jacqueline McDermott is described as:

• Caucasian female
  • 22 years old
  • 5’ 7 (170 cms)
  • 111 lbs (50 kgs)
  • Curly blonde hair
  • Fair complexion
  • Medium build
  • Nose piercing
If you see Jacqueline, or know where she may be, contact the Merritt RCMP at (250) 378-4262.

Jaqueline McDermott, 22, from Kitchener has been reported missing in B.C., and her family is putting out a plea across the country for help.

“We want to make sure that we are amplifying this message beyond just B.C. because I’m worried that she’s not there anymore,” said Nathalie St-Maurice, Jaqueline’s mother.

I just posted about this on Travis Sidebar and Friends. There are a number of men missing from the area of Spences Bridge and Logan Lake and some wonder if there is a connection between them. I hope she is safe, but the area she is missing from has an eery missing person history in the last few years. All are considered suspicious. I hope its not something opportunistic. But the amount of time is what is concerning.

From the family's official missing page: Friends and Family of Jaqui McDermott (@findjaquimcdermott) • Instagram photos and videos

If you are reading this for the first time, during the evening of Friday, September 30th, Jaqui went missing. Her van, with the keys and her belongings, were found, on HWY 97C, between Merritt and Logan Lake, British Columbia. The van was broken down. Community members have reported seeing Jaqui around her van.

There are also more photos of her shared.

It's not good that her keys were left behind. Initially I thought maybe she left (possibly with someone else) to get help for her van but all her belongings being left behind suggest something more sudden and sinister. I hope her family gets some answers soon.

According to her mother, she was last seen on the morning of October 1st putting fuel into her van from a jerry can she travelled with.

Jaqueline McDermott, 22, from Kitchener has been reported missing in B.C., and her family is putting out a plea across the country for help.

“We want to make sure that we are amplifying this message beyond just B.C. because I’m worried that she’s not there anymore,” said Nathalie St-Maurice, Jaqueline’s mother.

McDermott was last seen by her vehicle after attending a meditation retreat.

RCMP said her vehicle was found, but she was not in it or near it.

“A little while later, her vehicle appears to be broken down along Highway 97C between Merritt and Logan Lake,” said Cpl. Madonna Saunderson with media relations for RCMP.

1664976216476.png

Oct. 3, 2022
Police are seeking public assistance finding a missing woman whose vehicle was recently found on Highway 97 between Merritt and Logan Lake.

Jacqueline McDermott, 22, had planned to attend a yoga retreat near Merritt on Sept. 30, but left the city after a short time. Her family has not heard from her since Sept. 29, and reported her missing on Oct. 1.

Her vehicle, which “appears broken down” has now been located, police said, and local community members recall seeing McDermott by the vehicle.
[.....]
McDermott is described as a Caucasian woman about five-feet-seven-inches tall, weighing 111 pounds. She has short curly blonde hair, a medium build and a nose piercing.

Anyone with information on whereabouts is asked to contact Merritt RCMP at 250-378-4262.

Oct. 4, 2022
Merritt RCMP are asking the public for help in finding 22-year old Jacqueline McDermott.

McDermott hasn’t been seen since Thursday, Sept. 29. She was on her way to attend a yoga retreat neat Merritt that was scheduled for Sept. 30.

Her van was found broken down on the side of Highway 97C between Merritt and Logan Lake. Witnesses in the area say they last saw McDermott around her van.

An extensive search by the RCMP, along with their air and dog services and search and rescue has been conducted but there was no sign of McDermott to be found.
[.....]
She is described as:

Caucasian female
5’7”
111 pounds
curly blonde hair
medium build
nose piercing
fair complexion

If anyone has any information or has seen McDermott, they have to call the Merritt RCMP at 250-378-4262.

1664976524452.png

I just posted about this on Travis Sidebar and Friends. There are a number of men missing from the area of Spences Bridge and Logan Lake and some wonder if there is a connection between them. I hope she is safe, but the area she is missing from has an eery missing person history in the last few years. All are considered suspicious. I hope its not something opportunistic. But the amount of time is what is concerning.

Did not realize there was a thread already. They have been merged together! :)

Did she or did she not attend the Yoga Retreat? If not, and that was her purpose for being in town, why did she not attend?

McDermott was last seen by her vehicle after attending a meditation retreat.
McDermott hasn’t been seen since Thursday, Sept. 29. She was on her way to attend a yoga retreat neat Merritt that was scheduled for Sept. 30.
Jacqueline McDermott, 22, had planned to attend a yoga retreat near Merritt on Sept. 30, but left the city after a short time

McDermott was last seen September 30 near Merritt, BC, after attending a Vipassana meditation retreat.
She was not found in or near the van, but according to McDermott’s family, her keys and belongings were located inside.
“We now know she was last seen on Saturday morning, October 1, putting gas into her van (she kept a small jerrycan with gas in it with her). Her van was found abandoned later that day. All of her personal possessions and identification were left in the van,” [her mother] shares.
“There is a good probability she left her van and got into a vehicle which is where we need continued help to get this information out to as many people as possible,” [her mother] says.

I wish they disclosed exactly where her van was found. I'm wondering if maybe she pulled over for the night and perhaps the next morning she was having trouble starting the van which is when someone saw her pouring gas from a jerrycan.

She didn't get very far after leaving the retreat. She drove for at least 30 minutes (that's how long it takes to get to Merritt, according to Google) but less than an hour (Logan Lake is an hour from the retreat).

Jacqi map.JPG

So here's confirmation that she made it to the retreat but left soon after. Did she encounter someone she was trying to avoid? Was it not what she was expecting?

"Our investigation is a priority and while we have yet to determine where she is or what may have happened, nothing has been ruled out," wrote RCMP Cpl. [MS] in an e-mail statement.

She was in the area as she was attending a yoga retreat, but left a short time after it began.

I wish they disclosed exactly where her van was found. I'm wondering if maybe she pulled over for the night and perhaps the next morning she was having trouble starting the van which is when someone saw her pouring gas from a jerrycan.

She didn't get very far after leaving the retreat. She drove for at least 30 minutes (that's how long it takes to get to Merritt, according to Google) but less than an hour (Logan Lake is an hour from the retreat).

View attachment 371124
Could she have left the retreat on the early morning of Oct 1, driven 30 minutes to Merritt, perhaps had something to eat, and then started the 30 minute drive to Logan Lake?

Either way, it sounds like the vehicle broke down on the short drive to Logan Lake. Sadly, no one stopped to ask whether she needed help ... until the wrong person very likely stopped. I don't think she would voluntarily leave her keys with her belongings. That kind of suggests she was picked up and taken away.

So here's confirmation that she made it to the retreat but left soon after. Did she encounter someone she was trying to avoid? Was it not what she was expecting?

"Our investigation is a priority and while we have yet to determine where she is or what may have happened, nothing has been ruled out," wrote RCMP Cpl. [MS] in an e-mail statement.

She was in the area as she was attending a yoga retreat, but left a short time after it began.
Here's a review of what to expect at the retreat

After travelling solo and probably eating sparsely, a retreat with no talking and minimal food might not have been what she needed at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back