GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting he claims they were not in a relationship yet were intimate. Could that be the motive. She was not interested. Is he worried if she is found they may find his DNA. Did the wee one witness the murder?

Or she’s preggo. I’m in Calgary. I actually just moved here 8 months ago and am in the process of permanent residency. It was amazing weather the last 2 weeks then today we had a minor snow warning that has now turned into a heavy snow warning and I’m NW Calgary and have at least 1’ of snow at my house and it’s still coming.

Okay, let's suppose he killed the child on the evening of April 16, that Jasmine went out alone and left her daughter with her "landlord". If that's true, what did she do and who saw her that evening without her child? All we've heard is that her family normally hears from her every day and the last day that they heard from her was April 16. Did she fake it and go out alone that night? Why would she do that?

The only way to avoid doing hard time after the accidental death of a child is to call a lawyer, fess up, and take the second degree conviction of 10 years. There's no way that murdering a mother of a child after accidentally killing a child makes any sense. Accidentally murdering a child is maximum 10 years. Pre-meditated murder of the next of kin is 25 years. It's completely illogical - stupid beyond comprehension.
I think he might have thought that if they BOTH vanished, he might get away with murder(s). And who knows if whatever happened (if the child died first) was accidental. Even if it was, I don't think he'd know sentencing guidelines that well being in Canada for only five years or so. My husband (also a Canadian) asked an interesting question when I was telling him about this story in my hometown: WHY did Leeming move from the UK to Canada? Was he nervous about something there? He said he had nowhere to stay when he spoke to reporters yesterday--so could one infer no family, no close friends in Calgary?

Or she’s preggo. I’m in Calgary. I actually just moved here 8 months ago and am in the process of permanent residency. It was amazing weather the last 2 weeks then today we had a minor snow warning that has now turned into a heavy snow warning and I’m NW Calgary and have at least 1’ of snow at my house and it’s still coming.
I was also thinking she might have been pregnant and he wasn't happy about it. Oh, and get used to the weather. There are years (fairly rare, though heavy May snow is quite common), where you will see snow flying each month of the year. It melts off almost immediately in summer, but it happened several times during my childhood in the 70s and 80s.

In another report, CPS commented about similarities to the murder of Sara Baillie and her daughter. Sara’s body was found stuffed in a clothes hamper in her home but the child was transported east of Calgary. She was found through cellphone tracking, perps phone. The trial occurred only a few months ago. I’m not sure if you’re familiar with it but if not the similarity might only pertain to a mother-young child connection, but in that case the perp was involved with drug dealing and pimping. The child was believed to have witnessed her mothers murder. Sara was not involved in prostitution but was best friends with the murderers girlfriend and the motive was revenge because Sara influenced her friend to not get involved in the business.

That JL didn’t seem to be employed as it was her family who noticed she was missing, I wonder what was her means of financial support. I also question why RL would select a young woman with a two year old as a tenant, then it moves into an intimate but non-relationship arrangement with the mother while he sometimes babysits.

Sara gave the impression of a retired prostitution situation where she was murdered and her daughter was collateral damage because she wouldn't sign over her friend to the pimps. I'm wondering if Robert Leeming is involved in drugs and prostitution.

Jasmine was a temp receptionist at oil companies, but no job that stood out as real. Her linkedin profile says she's looking for 2 day work stints.

Did Robert Leeming prey on single mothers with a young child, did he isolate her from friends and family, did he interfere with her job and family, when he feared losing control did he murder single mother 25 year old Jasmine and her 22 month old daughter?

Yes, it's possible that he was intimate with her but she wasn't his girlfriend, that she was pimped out while he watched her daughter, and even that her daughter was murdered first.

I did. The townhouse is 2 bedroom, property tax value is 300k, sales are down, unemployment is up, the market is soft. I can't see facebook because I don't have an account. If another child lived at the property and escaped with his life, that's good. I hope his mother can shed light on how it works with the UK heavy mechanic who arrived in Canada in 2013.

How does he make his money?

I think he might have thought that if they BOTH vanished, he might get away with murder(s). And who knows if whatever happened (if the child died first) was accidental. Even if it was, I don't think he'd know sentencing guidelines that well being in Canada for only five years or so. My husband (also a Canadian) asked an interesting question when I was telling him about this story in my hometown: WHY did Leeming move from the UK to Canada? Was he nervous about something there? He said he had nowhere to stay when he spoke to reporters yesterday--so could one infer no family, no close friends in Calgary?

I think he was assuming that if mother and child disappeared at the same time, he could come up with a plausible explanation, like they went out on Tuesday evening and didn't come back.

I agree that he is completely unaware of law in Canada. Police did not release his name when he was arrested, but as soon as he was released he spoke to the media and provided his name. Canada law is the same as UK law when it comes to releasing the name of a suspect. He should have known better. There's no excuse for not knowing that murdering two people is far worse than one.

Lots of UK people, especially police and people who work in the oil industry, move to Canada. They bring a skill as permanent residents and are expected to know Commonwealth law.

I agree that it sounds like he has no real friends in Canada after arriving in 2013. He bought a townhouse and a car, he has a job, but he has no friends that he can call up and say hey, I need a place to stay for the night. That's a bit odd. What has he been doing in his spare time for 6 years?

I was also thinking she might have been pregnant and he wasn't happy about it. Oh, and get used to the weather. There are years (fairly rare, though heavy May snow is quite common), where you will see snow flying each month of the year. It melts off almost immediately in summer, but it happened several times during my childhood in the 70s and 80s.

I agree that pregnancy would have put a dent in whatever he's been doing for 6 years with single mothers and rent. If she was pregnant, surely she has a friend who would know?

The pregnancy theory is a good possibility. A reason to hide the bodies for sure. Often the father would be the first to be told. Would’ve she saw a doctor or used a home pregnancy test kit... probably the later if she’d only had the first inkling. RL may be the only other person to know.

As for friend, his bunking challenges......CPS has publicly announced he’s still the prime suspect, his home is still being searched, the area around his condo as well, searches for victims out west, his vehicle is confiscated, he’s talking to the media drunk and begins by telling the world he was intimate with his tenant but they had no relationship, mother and daughter vanished into thin air for an entire week before her family reported her missing but he knows nothing.......says to me any friends he had are a lot smarter than him, they just said no.

So, the relationship is moving forward. Now they were “friends, absolutely friends”. Were, that is.

“I would like, obviously, for them to be found and for me to be clear of this,” he said. “We were friends. Absolutely friends and supported each other.”
Suspect in potential homicides of mom and child says he’s ‘absolutely’ innocent

Then why is he not sad that police have said that Jasmine and her daughter are homicide victims? He protests so much about police banging on his door at 1AM when he's drunk, questioning him for hours, and searching his home while two of his "friends" are presumed homicide victims?

They were intimate, they were not in a relationship, he babysat, they were friends, they vanished, his only concern is his discomfort ...

It doesn't work. A friend who truly cares about friends who are deemed homicide victims can be seen to care. We don't see that in Robert Leeming. He only says that if police can't prove that they are dead, they can't prove that he was involved.

The pregnancy theory is a good possibility. A reason to hide the bodies for sure. Often the father would be the first to be told. Would’ve she saw a doctor or used a home pregnancy test kit... probably the later if she’d only had the first inkling. RL may be the only other person to know.

As for friend, his bunking challenges......CPS has publicly announced he’s still the prime suspect, his home is still being searched, the area around his condo as well, searches for victims out west, his vehicle is confiscated, he’s talking to the media drunk and begins by telling the world he was intimate with his tenant but they had no relationship, mother and daughter vanished into thin air for an entire week before her family reported her missing but he knows nothing.......says to me any friends he had are a lot smarter than him, they just said no.

Home pregnancy test first, father next, quite right. It's all speculation though. Maybe she wasn't pregnant, there's nothing to corroborate without a body.

If she was pregnant, he probably saw it as a financial threat.

If you check the current real estate listing photos and even Google street view of the condo, the fencing is exactly the same as in one photos of the little boy with red hair--May 24, 2018 profile pic.
Yes you're correct. I see the UK connection there. When I saw a child, I had a hard time seeing a connection to a double homicide.

Maybe it's a nephew? Or, if it's his son, only has visitation rights or shared custody (hope not). Just seems strange (stranger). IMO

This was posted yesterday, but it has plenty of details for anyone just joining in.

Police said Saturday they are looking for a man in his mid-30s who was driving a grey Mercedes SUV in the areas of Bragg Creek, Elbow Falls, Priddis and east Kananaskis between April 16 and 20.

READ MORE: ‘Primary suspect’ released as police continue search for Jasmine Lovett, Aliyah Sanderson

Investigators believe the man was in the Fullerton Loop and Elbow Falls area on April 18 between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.

The man may have been alone or with either of the victims and may have been carrying mulch in his vehicle, police said.

Last edited:
When I was out in Bragg Creek on the 20th, we saw a light color SUV where we parked and no one was around. We played at the playground and went for a walk in the woods and when we came out it was gone. It’s a long shot, and probably not it, but I reported it to the police.

I think he might have killed the child first--while watching her, which he claims. Mom came back to the townhouse and he figured the only way he had half a chance of not doing hard time was to take her out, too...

Yes, something happening with the child first, that’s a possibility too. And alcohol does not bode well mixed with child minding.....from aggravation, annoyance to explosive temper or lack of attention, anything can go wrong even if it’s not intentional. Rather than fess up, both mother and child disappear.

But we don’t know if he’s a chronic alcoholic or does he just drink prior to being interviewed after becoming a prime suspect of a double murder. Or was it even alcohol or was he high on illegal drugs?

I think if he, in fact, is guilty that he took them out there alive and did something out there. I’m guessing they didn’t find anything huge in the apartment or car or they would be able to hold him. Just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back