GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think if he, in fact, is guilty that he took them out there alive and did something out there. I’m guessing they didn’t find anything huge in the apartment or car or they would be able to hold him. Just my opinion.

The bringing along mulch in the luxury Mercedes SUV, if he invited them for a leisure drive to the West Country as a pretence is what’s rather baffling. Otherwise if the mulch wasn’t already in the SUV, if they were covered in mulch, he’d have made two trips there and back. But I also notice from the report below he might be “alone” or with “either” victim but not both. If this case resembles the murder of Sara Baillie, she was murdered prior to her child.

“Police were continuing to ask property owners, in addition to bikers and hikers, in the Bragg Creek area to check their property and report anything suspicious, particularly if any new mulch has been dumped between Tuesday and Saturday last week.

Police said Friday investigators are asking anyone who saw a Caucasian man in his mid-30s driving a grey, luxury SUV in the Bragg Creek and/or East Kananaskis area between April 16 and 18 to contact police.

Calgary police also said the man might have been alone or with either of the victims and might have been carrying mulch in his vehicle...”
Suspect in potential homicides of mom and child says he's 'absolutely' innocent

I disagree, I have lived with many partners over time and I would NEVER refer to anyone as my fiancé unless there was indeed a plan to marry. I’ve never met anyone who uses the term fiancé without the idea of marriage in the future. I do think people use it more flippantly than they once did (I bet calling off engagement happens way more than it used to) so maybe we can see that there were remnants of a rocky roller-coaster type of relationship(s) in her past?

lots of young people do nowadays - they even refer to each other as 'wifey' etc. even though they're only dating
just view social media accounts of anyone under 30 and you'll see that

ETA: just realized this was a post on page 1 of 7 pages ... sorry my response is late

It's a real shame that our weather went bad because that area is so popular when it's nice outside.

I wonder if he's an outdoorsy type. Being new to Canada makes me hopeful that they'll be found. I have family that lives in bragg and not in town. The area has lots of places to hide someone :(

This was posted yesterday, but it has plenty of details for anyone just joining in.

Police said Saturday they are looking for a man in his mid-30s who was driving a grey Mercedes SUV in the areas of Bragg Creek, Elbow Falls, Priddis and east Kananaskis between April 16 and 20.

READ MORE: ‘Primary suspect’ released as police continue search for Jasmine Lovett, Aliyah Sanderson

Investigators believe the man was in the Fullerton Loop and Elbow Falls area on April 18 between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.

The man may have been alone or with either of the victims and may have been carrying mulch in his vehicle, police said.

I'm very curious about the police theory about the timeline. She was last heard from on April 16. There was activity on her bank card on April 18. Police are interested in the Bragg Creek area on April 18. Did it take 2 days to figure out how to hide the bodies?

I'm very curious about the police theory about the timeline. She was last heard from on April 16. There was activity on her bank card on April 18. Police are interested in the Bragg Creek area on April 18. Did it take 2 days to figure out how to hide the bodies?

She may not have talked to family or friends since the 16th, but that doesn’t mean she was dead on 16 or 17th?

I wonder why he would tell the cops they were intimate in the 1st place. It seems like if I was conjuring a cover for my tenant and her child being missing adding in this detail just adds more pressure on myself. Especially if I’m guilty.
I wonder if he DID tell cops that? I’m assuming he was sober while in custody. How much information changed as he spent Friday getting smashed? He couldn’t even keep the date he claimed to have last seen Jasmine and Aliyah straight between his first chat with the media and the second.

I have read the article from Sky News again and some of the things he said seem odd. There was something like "they have it wrong, as far as I'm concerned. Of course they do". It's almost as if he is trying to convince himself. Also when he was asked if they were romantically involved he said "there was initially, not towards the end no" - towards the end of what? I think it's a strange way to word it. If she had given up her tenancy and moved away to another area then I could comprehend "towards the end" but the way he has said this sets off alarm bells for me. Towards the end is something people often say when they refer to someone who has been terminally ill and has died. Also, I read that her bank account was used after she was last seen but this does not necessarily mean it was actually her who used it.

I wonder why he would tell the cops they were intimate in the 1st place. It seems like if I was conjuring a cover for my tenant and her child being missing adding in this detail just adds more pressure on myself. Especially if I’m guilty.

I suspect that police had heard that Jasmine was in a relationship, so he's trying to distance himself from that by claiming that she might have thought it was a relationship, but it wasn't.

I am thinking he may tell them that because it could also explain why his DNA would be on her if/when they found her, or on her belongings etc. If he said no, then they find her and find out otherwise, that would be bad. I feel like I'm explaining this horribly...but simply, if they find his DNA in places, he can say that yes he was intimate with her, but that doesn't mean anything sort of thing. JMO

I'm sure I'm in the minority....and I don't know why, but for some reason I am questioning if RL did do this. Just listening to him speak, and I know some of the stuff he says can be picked apart. But I dunno, my first intuition has been that the police are missing something or something is off. I'm not sure. His story does make sense when I just listened to this extended version of his interview. Of course I could be wayyyy off too, especially since they seem to be so sure it was him.

Extended: Lovett's landlord released from custody

I was reading there is a live update at 12, so I'll be waiting for that.

Edit to add, I'm pretty good at playing devils advocate, so I can see the other side as well.

I have read the article from Sky News again and some of the things he said seem odd. There was something like "they have it wrong, as far as I'm concerned. Of course they do". It's almost as if he is trying to convince himself. Also when he was asked if they were romantically involved he said "there was initially, not towards the end no" - towards the end of what? I think it's a strange way to word it. If she had given up her tenancy and moved away to another area then I could comprehend "towards the end" but the way he has said this sets off alarm bells for me. Towards the end is something people often say when they refer to someone who has been terminally ill and has died. Also, I read that her bank account was used after she was last seen but this does not necessarily mean it was actually her who used it.
Did it ever say anywhere what her account was used for? Maybe it was used to buy mulch?

I'm sure I'm in the minority....and I don't know why, but for some reason I am questioning if RL did do this. Just listening to him speak, and I know some of the stuff he says can be picked apart. But I dunno, my first intuition has been that the police are missing something or something is off. I'm not sure. His story does make sense when I just listened to this extended version of his interview. Of course I could be wayyyy off too, especially since they seem to be so sure it was him.

Extended: Lovett's landlord released from custody

I was reading there is a live update at 12, so I'll be waiting for that.

Edit to add, I'm pretty good at playing devils advocate, so I can see the other side as well.
Let's hope, for some reason, he's simply a bumbling criminal, no matter the motive. And that his mouth will eventually lead LE to the bodies. He seems to have too many connections to the victims, the areas being searched, the mysterious mulch, etc. Motive is hard to determine, to me. If money, she doesn't seem to have any more than he does, and he seems too naive to be the leader of some prostitution ring. Accidental and then a cover-up was needed? Maybe. All JMO and based on what I've read and heard from him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back