GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Toyota Canada Privacy Policy, probably the same as other vehicles:

"TCI will not disclose any of your personal information to any other persons, except (i) with your prior consent; (ii) in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of one of TCI’s businesses; or (iii) as may be required or permitted by law.

TCI collects and uses this data to deliver the following CVT Services:
  • Automatic Collision Notification
  • Emergency and Roadside Assistance
  • Stolen Vehicle Locator
  • Locating Missing Persons
  • Destination Assist
  • Other services related to or offered through the System
  • Location Data
    • Your Vehicle may send an electronic signal with your latitude and longitude at a particular point in time (“Location Data”) to our Response Center under certain specific circumstances. We record and transmit your Location Data when you contact us for emergencies, roadside assistance, stolen or missing vehicle and destination services.
    • Your GPS Navigation is equipped with a traffic feature that automatically collects and transmits, through GPS technology, your Location Data, travel direction and speed to support HD traffic and weather information available in your Vehicle. It is not tied to your VIN or personal information."
Privacy Policy - Toyota Canada and Toyota Credit Canada

Excellent find! Consumers are always advised to read the fine print in purchase or financing contracts, seems RL didn’t do so.

Excellent find! Consumers are always advised to read the fine print in purchase or financing contracts, seems RL didn’t do so.

Definitely! The policy clearly spells out that they will use the system for their own purposes regardless of whether the vehicle owner pays for a service.

These cowards always have to kill the mother before the child. None of them would dare harm the child first because we all know moms would fight like a lion protecting her young. These pieces of dirt, kill mom first because then there’s no one standing in their way of finishing the ‘job’.
Is this a DP state? I hope he ends up on death row. Evil!!! Lost the chance of claiming he ‘lost it’ when he killed the baby girl, he could’ve left her somewhere unharmed, I mean the chances of her providing witness testimony are slim to none. WHY do these monsters kill innocent children?

Ice climbers get out in the Grizzly Creek area in the early morning hours. There are a number of blogs about this, but I don't want to drag them into this.

These cowards always have to kill the mother before the child. None of them would dare harm the child first because we all know moms would fight like a lion protecting her young. These pieces of dirt, kill mom first because then there’s no one standing in their way of finishing the ‘job’.
Is this a DP state? I hope he ends up on death row. Evil!!! Lost the chance of claiming he ‘lost it’ when he killed the baby girl, he could’ve left her somewhere unharmed, I mean the chances of her providing witness testimony are slim to none. WHY do these monsters kill innocent children?

We don't have the death penalty in Canada. This is Alberta Canada and he will likely face life without the chance of parole for 30-50 years. My hope is that they place him in Bowden Prison general population. You can be sure that everyone in there will know who he is and make the rest of his life HELL.

Looking at the Sara Baillie murder from 2016:

"A jury found Edward Downey, 49, guilty last year of first-degree murder in the 2016 deaths of Sara Baillie and five-year-old Taliyah Marsman. The convictions come with an automatic life sentence, but Justice Beth Hughes is to decide whether Downey must wait 25 or 50 years before he can apply for parole."

I don't see any update on his sentance or what he actually received. May still be in courts? Cases are very similar, so I would imagine that Leeming will see the same or worse as Aliyah was only 22 months old.

How does a person with no money own a Mercedes? I can only imagine. It may be a used one, but upkeep is expensive. Windshield replacement: $$$.

Didn't Downey borrow a Mercedes?

Looking at the Sara Baillie murder from 2016:

"A jury found Edward Downey, 49, guilty last year of first-degree murder in the 2016 deaths of Sara Baillie and five-year-old Taliyah Marsman. The convictions come with an automatic life sentence, but Justice Beth Hughes is to decide whether Downey must wait 25 or 50 years before he can apply for parole."

I don't see any update on his sentance or what he actually received. May still be in courts? Cases are very similar, so I would imagine that Leeming will see the same or worse as Aliyah was only 22 months old.

You’re right, the conviction was early March but no word on sentencing date, often that happens 2 or 3 months later.

Douglas Garland and Derek Saretzky received consecutive 25 x sentences, no parole, for the respective adults and children who were murdered by each of them.

It's actually interesting that he choose Grizzly Creek to hide the bodies. Was he assuming that the grizzlies would make the evidence disappear?

https://www.albertaparks.ca/media/6493734/2016_kc_tear_off_reduced.pdf

So comparing that map and this map which indicates the winter road closure from Dec 1 to June 14th, it appears RL (allegedly) travelled a short distance beyond the closure gate to get to Grizzly Creek assuming the bodies were found at the picnic area.
https://kananaskis.com/assets/maps/pdf/kananaskis.pdf

ETA - I’m probably mistaken as I was noticing a “Road Closed” in red across from the gas station but now I notice a seasonal road closure indicator that’s further south.

Last edited:
How does a person with no money own a Mercedes? I can only imagine. It may be a used one, but upkeep is expensive. Windshield replacement: $$$.

Didn't Downey borrow a Mercedes?

Leeming said he had a job, but was fired the morning before he was arrested. Lives in a townhouse, but it's not worth a ton of money. Not sure how he got his hands on a vehicle like that... could be his parents have money and helped him out?

Leeming said he had a job, but was fired the morning before he was arrested. Lives in a townhouse, but it's not worth a ton of money. Not sure how he got his hands on a vehicle like that... could be his parents have money and helped him out?

Ran out of money after staying in a hotel for a few days, he said. Parents didn't know how to contact him. No email address that could be accessed from the hotel after his phone was seized?

So comparing that map and this map which indicates the winter road closure from Dec 1 to June 14th, it appears RL (allegedly) travelled a short distance beyond the closure gate to get to Grizzly Creek assuming the bodies were found at the picnic area.
https://kananaskis.com/assets/maps/pdf/kananaskis.pdf

ETA - I’m probably mistaken as I was noticing a “Road Closed” in red across from the gas station but now I notice a seasonal road closure indicator that’s further south.

This map shows it a bit more clearly. The road closure at the gas station is for a side road. Hwy 40 seasonal road closure is just South of Grizzly Creek.

upload_2019-5-6_16-33-19.png

We don’t know how long he owned the Mercedes but both his vehicle and condo might’ve both been financed to the hilt. His marriage broke up at some point in 2018 iirc but prior to that the couple had two f/t incomes according to media reports.

This map shows it a bit more clearly. The road closure at the gas station is for a side road. Hwy 40 seasonal road closure is just South of Grizzly Creek.

View attachment 182914

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying!

What’s that saying, there’s always a little bit of truth in a liar’s story? RL said the three of them went on a picnic. Grizzly Creek, where the bodies were found, appears to be a picnic area. :(

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying!

What’s that saying, there’s always a little bit of truth in a liar’s story? RL said the three of them went on a picnic. Grizzly Creek, where the bodies were found appears to be a picnic area. :(

A picnic for the grizzlies. It reminds me of Scott Peterson who said he was fishing for bottom feeders when he dumped his wife in the shipping channel.

Not Bragg Creek after all.

View attachment 182880
I'm thinking he tried to drive in that westernly direction using the route past Fullerton and Elbow Falls, and after discovering the road was closed past Elbow Falls, he traveled the main road. Just a hunch. Glad they have been found and he has been arrested again.

Oh wow, 4am, I wonder what led police to that location?

Update #5 – Disappearance of Jasmine LOVETT and Aliyah SANDERSON

At approximately 4 a.m., today, Monday, May 6, 2019, we located the bodies of a woman and child, believed to be that of Jasmine LOVETT and Aliyah SANDERSON, in Kananaskis.

The investigation led officers to a heavily wooded area near Grizzly Creek located off Highway 40, where the bodies were discovered. Autopsies are expected to begin today. Formal identification of the deceased will be done by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The cause of death of both victims is not expected to be released.

A suspect has been taken into custody and charges are pending. The suspect cannot be named by police until charges are officially laid by the Justice of the Peace. This is expected to occur later today, or tomorrow. However, police can confirm the suspect is the same man who was taken into custody two weeks ago.

To protect the integrity of this investigation and future court proceedings, we are unable to release details about what lead to the discovery of the bodies.

We would like to thank the many partner agencies, members of the public and the media for their assistance in the investigation and the search. We are grateful for the support of Calgarians.

An update will be provided to the media and public once charges have been laid by the Justice of the Peace and the victims have been formally identified by the OCME.
Calgary Police Service
Surveillance cameras are likely. Especially if he drove along the main highway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring
Back