GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's some more info on the ex-wife and some of the history there:
Estranged wife of Brit double murder suspect says he terrified her

Reallllllly good read here, shows a lot of what he did in the past, like leaving their son in a vehicle in the freezing cold and leaving him home alone as a baby when he went to pick up his parents. Jesus, the signs were there. Read that article.
And his parents are claiming they are surprised? And they were at dinner with him and SL when he left the baby in the car alone? Ummm, no! IMO

Domestic abuse is so complicated.

Jasmine's family, according to the PS in the extended interview above, left a note on the door. They also reported her missing. I believe she had people on her side. I don't see how they could have known RL's history.

In the interview just linked he said he met Jasmine’s family 3 times and I’m sure he had the ability to act jolly and pleasant. I agree, they wouldn’t have any way of learning of his past history and on the surface they’d have no reason to be unduly alarmed.

In the interview just linked he said he met Jasmine’s family 3 times and I’m sure he had the ability to act jolly and pleasant. I agree, they wouldn’t have any way of learning of his past history and on the surface they’d have no reason to be unduly alarmed.

Some people have very good skills at reading body language and non-verbal cues, especially when they have encountered someone like this before. It's jarring when what you see on the surface is not what all the other cues are telling you.

Some people have very good skills at reading body language and non-verbal cues, especially when they have encountered someone like this before. It's jarring when what you see on the surface is not what all the other cues are telling you.

Yes I agree, however parents or siblings are rarely successful in breaking up an independent adult’s romantic relationship, regardless of their personal opinion. If they do speak out, they risk creating distance with their loved one. The blame for the homicides lies squarely on the accused, not the victim’s family.

Also be aware of the "not criminally responsible" plea. Very often along the way in murder cases, a judge will order a psychiatric assessment of the person charged, usually 30 days, to determine if a person is fit to stand trial. This is sometimes renewed for a further 30 days. Sometimes people are not fit to stand trial at all.

If fit to stand trial, they can plead NCR.
If found NCR, this changes everything about sentencing. The regular time periods do not apply. A person can have a history of mental illness and be found guilty. Their state of mind at the time of the murder is what matters. This has to be proven in court.
This guy was in his right mind just probably drunk as a skunk is all. Moo

Robert Leeming charged with second-degree murder in deaths of mother and toddler

A no-contact order is in place for two of Jasmine's relatives. What has he done to them?

It could simply have been requested by them because they wanted nothing to do with his furthering his lies. If I were in their shoes, I’d have wanted a no-contact order with him as well, as he was clearly the prime suspect from the very onset, considering it was the tactical squad who roused him out of bed.

The lawyer is concerned about what the prisoners in remand will do to him. Good luck with that, IIRC both Garland and Downey were beaten up.

"It is something that's always on your mind for people charged with these types of offences, and we just hope that the guards at the remand centre will do their bit. The man is innocent until proven guilty and he should be treated the same as anybody else who's in there, and that means he gets protections as anybody else should get."

Yes I agree, however parents or siblings are rarely successful in breaking up an independent adult’s romantic relationship, regardless of their personal opinion. If they do speak out, they risk creating distance with their loved one. The blame for the homicides lies squarely on the accused, not the victim’s family.

I agree fully.

It could simply have been requested by them because they wanted nothing to do with his furthering his lies. If I were in their shoes, I’d have wanted a no-contact order with him as well, as he was clearly the prime suspect from the very onset, considering it was the tactical squad who roused him out of bed.

I found this:

Victims Right's in Canada – No-Contact Orders

An accused will be placed under a no-contact order when:

• the victim is likely to be a witness against the accused at trial;
  • the accused is charged with an offence involving violence or threats against the victim; or
  • the victim expresses a concern based on reasonable grounds about being contacted by the accused.
The prosecutor or the Court also takes many other factors into account, depending on the accused and the charges. Usually, the seriousness of the offence is an important factor in deciding whether to grant a no-contact order. For example, a no-contact condition would likely be ordered when an accused is charged with assault or uttering threats against a victim.

Yes, you're right.

Though how the word "romantic" can in any way be connected with the circumstances defeats me. I suspect this was about money, sex, power and control, not star-crossed lovers.

Feeling cynical these days.

The fundraiser for the funeral is pledging any extra funds to be donated to a women's shelter. If Jasmine and Aliyah spent time in a shelter for domestic abuse after living with the PS, this information would definitely be helpful toward building a case of first-degree murder. Investigators will continue compiling evidence right up until the trial. This will go to a federal court, Queen's Bench, because of the gravity of the charges. This qualifies as "only the most serious" criminal offences, I'd say.

https://albertacourts.ca/qb/areas-of-law/criminal

It will be excluded from any possibility of Mental Health Court, even if he does plead NCR eventually. Murder and domestic abuse do not qualify.

https://www.albertacourts.ca/pc/areas-of-law/criminal/mental-health-court

It is possible that the PS made previous threats to harm them. It is possible that Jasmine called a hotline or confided in someone. It is possible that the PS shot his mouth off in a bar or at work. All theoretical at this point.

******** started, charges still pending in double homicide

I notice some of the media reporting on this case have also included information for the benefit of others who might see themselves or others in a situation much like Jasmine and Aliyah were in.

24-hour help for family or domestic violence victims
“If you or someone you know is experiencing family or domestic violence, call 911 if there is immediate danger. Alberta’s Family Violence Information Line can be reached at 310-1818, to get help anonymously in more than 170 languages.”
Robert Leeming charged with second-degree murder of Jasmine Lovett, Aliyah Sanderson

Who did he think would ‘win’ with 2 people dead and him locked away for life, may aswell have offed himself instead of taking 2 innocent lives.
My thoughts are with the people who came across the bodies, one being a tiny little girl. My youngest is the same age as the baby girl and the thought of the horrific scene that must be engraved on their minds is enough to bring me to tears. Mum and baby taken from this world and for what? What good can ever come from this? Evil monster.

Yes, you're right.

Though how the word "romantic" can in any way be connected with the circumstances defeats me. I suspect this was about money, sex, power and control, not star-crossed lovers.

Feeling cynical these days.

I agree, it’s a real stretch on the word.

“Calgary police bring Robert Leeming into the arrest processing unit late Monday night. Leeming owns the townhouse where Lovett and her daughter had been living, and had said he and Lovett were romantically involved 'on and off.'...”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-mother-daughter-bodies-found-1.5125902

I think there's a good chance that Jasmine pretended everything was just peachy with Leeming; she'd just gotten away from the other creep in September or October. She might have been hoping Leeming would change or simply not have wanted to make her mother and sister and the rest of the family worry.

I think there's a good chance that Jasmine pretended everything was just peachy with Leeming; she'd just gotten away from the other creep in September or October. She might have been hoping Leeming would change or simply not have wanted to make her mother and sister and the rest of the family worry.

I think so too. There’s many reasons people who are in unhappy relationships don’t tell others. If RL was prone to blame Jasmine - it was all her fault that things weren’t working out between the two - and as a result slowly chipped away at her self-confidence that she probably hadn’t quite regained from her prior relationship with the child’s father, she may have been unable to see the evil monster for what he was.

I think so too. There’s many reasons people who are in unhappy relationships don’t tell others. If RL was prone to blame Jasmine - it was all her fault that things weren’t working out between the two - and as a result slowly chipped away at her self-confidence that she probably hadn’t quite regained from her prior relationship with the child’s father, she may have been unable to see the evil monster for what he was.
Exactly. The ex-wife stated in her affidavit that he had a history of gaslighting her--and she's the mother of his child. Why wouldn't he do it to Jasmine?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back