Found Deceased Canada - Jaxon Macdonald, 15, Duck Mountain Provincial Park Saskatchewan, 13 Mar 2021 *$100k reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
do you know which island he was found on? has it been released?
hopefully toxicology results will come quickly. he must have been HEAVILY intoxicated to voluntarily leave the residential area, get on the ice (which would not feel like ground and I'm sure would be kind of cumbersome to get onto in the first place), and walk a good distance with the thought that he was walking towards his own cabin. idk, I'm just not buying it (MOO), unless he had ulterior motives for leaving and was possibly trying to reach one of the islands or taking a short-cut to another area of Duck Mountain.
Also, I'm surprised that LE could issue a statement saying no foul play (indicated) only two days after they found the body! Hopefully the investigation is thorough and the other kids have been questioned heavily.

From what I remember, there is only one island in Madge Lake. Madge itself isn't that big compared to the lakes I'm used to. So no, not a huge island ... And yes, LE making that announcement before toxicology reports are back. Maybe there were drugs at the party? Just something is off about the whole thing.

I'm thinking along though lines too. I'm wondering if he sent the last text though. His mom was five minutes away! And from what I can remember, that area is a mix from surrounding areas. People go there to ski in winter and the lake in summer. It's a gem location in eastern southern Sask and Manitoba ( it borders both provinces.
I think it is possible he sent the text to Mom, and he was still jumped by some creeps. Realistically, it probably took 7 to 10 minutes for her to actually drive up to the home. But even if it was 5, he could have been jumped while he was texting, and been thrown into a truck before she arrived.

I am not 100% buying the police statement that there was no suspicion of foul play. I am not sure how that could be 100% determined so quickly.

It is also possible that 'witnesses' from the party have steered the police in the wrong direction. If a few party goers told LE that they saw JM stumbling around, drunk, incoherent, and was seen walking off in the night by himself, police may lean towards accidental tragedy. I hope they keep investigating.

As a Mom, I fielded many calls from my kids as teens, when they went to parties. I could always tell if they were sober or not when they texted or called. He texted her every hour. He had to have been pretty together to pull that off. If he had texted her to be picked up, it makes no sense he would wander off in the other direction and end up on the island. If he had planned to keep partying, why text Mom?

This story doesn't make sense to me. :(

do you know which island he was found on? has it been released?
hopefully toxicology results will come quickly. he must have been HEAVILY intoxicated to voluntarily leave the residential area, get on the ice (which would not feel like ground and I'm sure would be kind of cumbersome to get onto in the first place), and walk a good distance with the thought that he was walking towards his own cabin. idk, I'm just not buying it (MOO), unless he had ulterior motives for leaving and was possibly trying to reach one of the islands or taking a short-cut to another area of Duck Mountain.
Also, I'm surprised that LE could issue a statement saying no foul play (indicated) only two days after they found the body! Hopefully the investigation is thorough and the other kids have been questioned heavily.

Dear @bombardier,

I'm surprised as well that a statement was made before the toxicology report.

Along with others on this thread, I have many questions. The first one is whether Jaxon had his cell phone with him when he was found.

How Jaxon ended up on an island, a good distance away, in the opposite direction of the cabin is troubling to me. In my opinion.

So deeply saddening. I think I'll always have questions about this. JMO

I think it is possible he sent the text to Mom, and he was still jumped by some creeps. Realistically, it probably took 7 to 10 minutes for her to actually drive up to the home. But even if it was 5, he could have been jumped while he was texting, and been thrown into a truck before she arrived.

I am not 100% buying the police statement that there was no suspicion of foul play. I am not sure how that could be 100% determined so quickly.

It is also possible that 'witnesses' from the party have steered the police in the wrong direction. If a few party goers told LE that they saw JM stumbling around, drunk, incoherent, and was seen walking off in the night by himself, police may lean towards accidental tragedy. I hope they keep investigating.

As a Mom, I fielded many calls from my kids as teens, when they went to parties. I could always tell if they were sober or not when they texted or called. He texted her every hour. He had to have been pretty together to pull that off. If he had texted her to be picked up, it makes no sense he would wander off in the other direction and end up on the island. If he had planned to keep partying, why text Mom?

This story doesn't make sense to me. :(

Dear @katydid23,

I agree with your insightful post. This doesn't make sense to me either.

There are too many questions surrounding how he got to that island, in my opinion.

The investigation is not closed yet- these are preliminary results. And as they say, they don't "anticipate further updates". I realize this is their "standard" statement, however, the investigation has not "closed" yet. We shall see.

No foul play suspected in Regina teen's death | Regina Leader Post

“These preliminary results have been communicated with his family and they have been kept updated with the findings,” it added. The investigation is being carried out by the Saskatchewan RCMP and Saskatchewan Coroners Service.

“At this time we do not anticipate further public updates in relation to this investigation,” the release adds.

Last edited:
If this is the area where Jaxon was found - I am curious as to what this building is - at 0.35 video time in the following CTV News video:

Foul play not suspected in death of Regina teen: RCMP

Excerpt from following news article (statement by Staff Sgt. Cleary):
… He was found in a treed area, not easily accessed and not an easy place to find,” said Staff Sgt. Craig Cleary. “However we did have the assistance of a couple of searchers that went to this particular area and they had quads and they were able to find him.”

"The Regina boys body was found on Tuesday, Kamsack RCMP said. He was located on an island on Madge Lake, which is located within Duck Mountain Provincial Park, shortly before noon Tuesday."

“… He was found in a treed area, not easily accessed and not an easy place to find,” said Staff Sgt. Craig Cleary. “However we did have the assistance of a couple of searchers that went to this particular area and they had quads and they were able to find him.”

"Cleary said the search teams worked “diligently” from when it was reported Sunday morning to when he was found March 16.

Last edited:
People do odd things as hypothermia sets in. Even though it seems obvious to us in our right minds that if he had stayed where he told his mom to meet him she probably would have found him and warmed him up or gotten him to medical help, as confusion set in he might have decided he needed to try to make it to the cabin on his own but not necessarily have even known the right direction to go and then decided that it might be warmer in the trees.

It's pretty common for hypothermia victims to be found some distance in a seemingly random direction from where searchers would have expected them to be (usually their cars)

very true @evilwise , hypothermia can make people do some very strange things. I still have my reservations though until more information comes out, I don't think he would have cognitive-altering hypothermia right off the bat when he set off (I'm assuming it was a party around a campfire or it wasn't that cold yet) so I don't see how he could have gone in the complete opposite direction, it's not like there's houses or roads out on the ice. I am also a stubborn Canadian who has worn the same garb (hoodie n sweats) in -10C temps (the low reported that night) and I'm able to walk the 30 mins it takes to get home. Of course if you're lost outside in those temperatures for longer than that you'd be at risk of hypothermia, but I want to know why he'd go out to the island in the first place!

Well being first nation I am a little hurt by assumptions. Moo. Since no foul play is thought...it would seem he was not physically showing injuries. Moo. He went to a party I will assume he knew people there. . Much of this is dependent on where they were partying and what direction he would go to meet up with his mother. Sure band lands can be violent - some more than others. But city streets are just as violent. People under the influence sadly often end up lost.

Well being first nation I am a little hurt by assumptions. Moo. Since no foul play is thought...it would seem he was not physically showing injuries. Moo. He went to a party I will assume he knew people there. . Much of this is dependent on where they were partying and what direction he would go to meet up with his mother. Sure band lands can be violent - some more than others. But city streets are just as violent. People under the influence sadly often end up lost.
I agree, I think it techically counts as racism to assume a particular ethnic group is likely to have murdered someone. White people get into fights at parties too.

Perhaps the RCMP released the statement because, for eg, there are only Jaxon's tracks in the snow. That can't be faked.

In addition to possibly alcohol, I would add potentially the effect of any drugs consumed, or in a completely different direction, suicidal thoughts. Fifteen is a difficult age, feelings of being a loser, feelings of despair, conflict with family, can be overwhelming and there's no backup confidence that 'this too shall pass', or someone safe to talk to. There's nothing more miserable than that feeling of loneliness and depression after a supposedly fun party.

But, whatever the reason for going off track, hypothermia would be the cause.

Rest in Peace Jaxon

Last edited:
I live cabin area near ocean. The kids (mine included) preferred to party at beach or up near lakes. But usually they meet at someone's house. Moo. So no adults present, but you knew where they were .. approximately. Moo

People do odd things as hypothermia sets in. Even though it seems obvious to us in our right minds that if he had stayed where he told his mom to meet him she probably would have found him and warmed him up or gotten him to medical help, as confusion set in he might have decided he needed to try to make it to the cabin on his own but not necessarily have even known the right direction to go and then decided that it might be warmer in the trees.

It's pretty common for hypothermia victims to be found some distance in a seemingly random direction from where searchers would have expected them to be (usually their cars)
But why would he have hypothermia if he was at a party inside a nice warm cabin? If he was waiting for a ride, why would ge be outside stranded in the bitter cold? It doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't he wait inside or on the porch, for his ride?

And I don't think he was inebriated or the wouldn't have been checking in with his mom every hour, as agreed.

But why would he have hypothermia if he was at a party inside a nice warm cabin? If he was waiting for a ride, why would ge be outside stranded in the bitter cold? It doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't he wait inside or on the porch, for his ride?

And I don't think he was inebriated or the wouldn't have been checking in with his mom every hour, as agreed.

I'm not saying I think this is what happened, but I've known people to have others send a coherent text when they were too intoxicated to do so. They would set an alarm to remind them to and then send a quick text.

If this is the area where Jaxon was found - I am curious as to what this building is - at 0.35 video time in the following CTV News video:

Re the building. It's the Madge Lake rec center where searchers gathered, warmed up, are, got directions. Madge Lake has a huge campground as well.

… He was found in a treed area, not easily accessed and not an easy place to find,” said Staff Sgt. Craig Cleary. “However we did have the assistance of a couple of searchers that went to this particular area and they had quads and they were able to find him.”

"The Regina boys body was found on Tuesday, Kamsack RCMP said. He was located on an island on Madge Lake, which is located within Duck Mountain Provincial Park, shortly before noon Tuesday."

“… He was found in a treed area, not easily accessed and not an easy place to find,” said Staff Sgt. Craig Cleary. “However we did have the assistance of a couple of searchers that went to this particular area and they had quads and they were able to find him.”

"Cleary said the search teams worked “diligently” from when it was reported Sunday morning to when he was found March 16.

Reactions: nao

Per posts on page 1, he was last seen leaving the cabin, presumably by the people there. So for whatever reason, he chose to leave rather than wait inside for his mother.

We don't know why, or if that was a normal thing from the point of view of the witness(es), or what was going on, at all. Sounds like no one is going to give the media any more details.

I expect the people he was with were close to his age, this could be quite traumatic for them.

Except he was at a house party. He wasn't cold. And he wasn't new to the area, they had a cottage there. He had spent the previous four days snowmobiling the area.

Sorry if I offended you. It wasn't my intent. I'm just giving my experience. I agree that everyone is capable of violence. And yes some bands are more violent than others. I never had issues while living there but was struck by the racist undertones. It was low-key. Walking into a bar for the first time an locals on one side and the first Nations on the other side. It was my first experience and it just felt odd. Some of my best friends there were FN and we keep in contact still.

It's the Madge Lake rec center

Except he was at a house party. He wasn't cold. And he wasn't new to the area, they had a cottage there. He had spent the previous four days snowmobiling the area.
The scenario I'm imagining is that he left the party with the intent to walk home and somewhere along the way he realized it was too cold and he needed to be picked up. He might even have texted her right before he walked out the door that she should pick him up on his way or maybe even "if I'm not there in five minutes come find me" or something.

He probably didn't want his mom coming to the location of the party. There's nothing inherently suspicious about that. A teenage boy wants appear as independent as possible around his friends. I have my doubts about how precise "a block" and "five minutes" is but even moderate drinking can exacerbate hypothermia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back