Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a comment on there and if I hover over it it gives me an option to edit or delete it. So he deleted his own then blocked the page.

Speaking of "Blocking" I wonder if Jessica had any people in her "Blocked" list.

Speaking of "Blocking" I wonder if Jessica had any people in her "Blocked" list.

Interesting, we would only know that if someone could access her account. Which is only sometimes possible. One time my dad was missing and I was able to use his laptop which had his email logged in to reset his FB password and get in that way.

Interesting, we would only know that if someone could access her account. Which is only sometimes possible. One time my dad was missing and I was able to use his laptop which had his email logged in to reset his FB password and get in that way.

Yes, I wonder if the family was able to access her FB.

That is super scary to me (that the person saying that over at APR isn't up to snuff in technology)

That was the account. Looks like someone isn't as up to speed on technology as they should be. Is that site affiliated with an LE agency, or is it just some private entity making money off the advertising?

I can still see APR, without being a member or whatever? Why doesn't it make sense that he simply deleted his own posts?

The same account AP used to post comments is the same account that is still active. I think he blocked the APR and so they can't see him and he can't see them. He will have to unblock them but it takes 24-48 hours for his account to show up once he does.

That is super scary to me (that the person saying that over at APR isn't up to snuff in technology)
It's not a law enforcement agency. It could just be some goober running a site that is re-posting LE's posts... and then collecting advertising dollars. Not much skill required.

If a person has been asked to come in just for that reason, because he MAY have important information.. and police have directly, via whatever means, including pvt msg via FB, asked the perosn to contact them.. but the person isn't a suspect (yet).. can they (LE) go searching for him, and bring him in anyway? They do have that kind of authority, right? I wonder why he thinks he can just not show up? They're going to find him, one way or another, right.. by then, they may even get a search warrant.

Too bad the update wasn't more positive. I am guessing he is still not cooperating.

It seems like a pretty important role to me, actually. They post a story.. and whoever wants to, can post a comment.. which police obviously must monitor.. and probably get clues from.. and so wouldn't it make sense to have some intelligence in there?

PS Did any of you happen to notice one of the commenters affiliations with a group that was also affiliated (the group, not the specific person, but a different person affilaited with same group) with another missing person case recently?

It's not a law enforcement agency. It could just be some goober running a site that is re-posting LE's posts... and then collecting advertising dollars. Not much skill required.

Interesting theory.. except.. she has already been living with and caring for her youngest boy, until 'the breakup', which sounds like it was rather recent. Too bad we don't know more details, like only making room for the 1/3 children, and why her parents are raising the first 2, etc. Ugh.

Distortion Campaign. Pretend you're under threat and be rescued. There are all sorts of men willing to pay to be the hero... see roommate.

Why would she do it? Fun. Free time off. Attention. Oh the drama!

There is something that doesn't sit right about a custody hearing to get 50/50 two years into the child's life, and third child in. Why the sudden sense of responsibility, and only with the one child... especially when you live with an aged male (creepy factor) roommate?

Taking the parenting on is great in theory, and great for drama with court and fights... but the reality is all responsibility.

Miss the court date, pretend to disappear... snowballs... and now it's tough to come back without a story of some sort.

You can not be forced to speak to LE ever esp if you have not been accused of committing a crime.
If a person has been asked to come in just for that reason, because he MAY have important information.. and police have directly, via whatever means, including pvt msg via FB, asked the perosn to contact them.. but the person isn't a suspect (yet).. can they (LE) go searching for him, and bring him in anyway? They do have that kind of authority, right? I wonder why he thinks he can just not show up? They're going to find him, one way or another, right.. by then, they may even get a search warrant.

What I asked was: "can they (LE) go searching for him, and bring him in anyway? They do have that kind of authority, right?"

I know that nobody can force another human to speak, ever, but do police have the authority to bring someone in for questioning? and by that, I mean, seek him out, go to his door and bring him in, forcibly if required? I would think so, if they believe he has information on a case?

You can not be forced to speak to LE ever esp if you have not been accused of committing a crime.

I can still see APR, without being a member or whatever? Why doesn't it make sense that he simply deleted his own posts?

He could have deleted his comments. The update by the APR said he deleted his account. I am guessing the private messages betweeen them have disappeared along with his comments which I am pretty sure could only happen if he deactivated his account or blocked the APR page. You can try blocking someone on FB to see what happpens.

What I asked was: "can they (LE) go searching for him, and bring him in anyway? They do have that kind of authority, right?"

I know that nobody can force another human to speak, ever, but do police have the authority to bring someone in for questioning? and by that, I mean, seek him out, go to his door and bring him in, forcibly if required? I would think so, if they believe he has information on a case?

Absolutely. I think with all he's stated publicly as well he's probably close to being charged with impeding a police investigation if he does not cooperate. It's obvious he knows he knows something.

He could have deleted his comments. The update by the APR said he deleted his account. I am guessing the private messages betweeen them have disappeared along with his comments which I am pretty sure could only happen if he deactivated his account or blocked the APR page. You can try blocking someone on FB to see what happpens.

Ya he would have blocked APR for sure. But he left his comments up for a long time anyways.

It sounds more like APR doesn't understand that it is possible for people to delete their own posts without removing their FB account. MOO
Is there even a way to become a member or otherwise subscribe to the APR website (not the FB one, but the one where AP's comments were posted)?
-------
On APR's FB page they said:

"*advertiser censored* Do you know for sure it was him?
Like · Reply · 1 · 12 hrs

Alberta Police Report
All we can say is he made comments and then once it drew attention, he removed his Facebook account. Removal of the account was the only way he could remove the comments. Our comments section is directly tied to and digitally moderated by Facebook and manually by APR staff. The appropriate information was viewed long before the account was removed from Facebook. Calgary Police Service is conducting the investigation and was contacted by APR minutes after the comments were posted.
Like · 29 · 11 hrs"
-------
On the APR website itself, it says:

"XXXX His comments were removed?
Reply · Like · 1 · Follow Post · 10 hours ago

Alberta Police Report
He removed his own comment. He has responded to XX's comment.
Reply · Like · 2 · 10 hours ago

Alberta Police Report
Let me try that again... yes he did remove his own comments. He had said all he did was turn in her ID to police and expressed that he had no interest in contacting police and that they were on the wrong trail.
Reply · Like · 1 · 9 hours ago"
-------
On the APR website, a CPS officer said:
"Constable Mark Smith · Follow · Digital Communications Officer at Calgary Police Service · 716 followers
Antoine Poirier - Please contact the Calgary Police Service Investigating Officer at the number provided to you via Private Message so we can speak to you about this investigation. It is imperative that you make contact with us ASAP.
Reply · Like · 11 · Follow Post · Edited · April 10 at 9:05pm

Edit History

Constable Mark Smith Antoine Poirier - Please contact the Calgary Police Service Investigating Officer at 403-850-5813 so we can speak to you about this investigation. It is imperative that you make contact with us ASAP.
April 10 at 9:05pm

Constable Mark Smith Antoine Poirier - Please contact the Calgary Police Service Investigating Officer at the number provided to you via Private Message so we can speak to you about this investigation. It is imperative that you make contact with us ASAP.
April 10 at 9:33pm
-------

Which story link are you getting that information from, because that is not what I am hearing? TY!

Jessica's mother is raising her two children in BC. Her remaining child is being raised by her ex's along with girlfriend and his mother.

Jessica's mother said that Jessica had hoped to save up enough money in order to rent a house to raise her two boys.

http://globalnews.ca/?s=jessica+rae+newman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member