Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or was MH's comments removed on the missing page? Weird.

ETA: Never mind. Found them.

I can go back upthread and look, but I'll ask too. Does anyone remember what Jessica's father does for a living?

I can go back upthread and look, but I'll ask too. Does anyone remember what Jessica's father does for a living?

MN does travel for whatever he does. His wife made a comment on March 29th about travelling with him to his various jobs, this one trip in particular was to BC. IMO it does not sound like long-haul trucking terminology. Possibly he is a fixer of sorts and travels to various sites.

ETA... Further reading suggests Saw filler, head filler, welder, electrical, goes from job to job.

Why do words with graphics somehow become all powerful? If you actually trace the original sayings on many of them, they are completely different or paraphrased. Some of the online shares are linked to things that have little or nothing to do with the venue they are shared in.

As in the case of AP, people called him on the carpet publicly. If it were my child, I'd be asking for answers, not virtual hugs and meaningless prayers.

God helps those who helps themselves... remember? Or does it need some graphics behind it?

Why do words with graphics somehow become all powerful? If you actually trace the original sayings on many of them, they are completely different or paraphrased. Some of the online shares are linked to things that have little or nothing to do with the venue they are shared in.

As in the case of AP, people called him on the carpet publicly. If it were my child, I'd be asking for answers, not virtual hugs and meaningless prayers.

God helps those who helps themselves... remember? Or does it need some graphics behind it?
It drives me crazy. I do not understand it either. I wonder what would happen if a few of us went and asked some actual questions? Would it be allowed if we put them on an infographic? If we offered a prayer in the prologue? Or, would we get some actual details answered that we are wondering about?

ETA: (((hug)))

Close to Edmonton. "Quite some time" could mean months or years... Only takes a year for a body to become bones. Shannon Burgess was in Edmonton travelling back to Calgary the night she went missing. Of course there are countless other missing people in this province, including sex trade workers that went missing in Edmonton a while back.

Close to Edmonton. "Quite some time" could mean months or years... Only takes a year for a body to become bones. Shannon Burgess was in Edmonton travelling back to Calgary the night she went missing. Of course there are countless other missing people in this province, including sex trade workers that went missing in Edmonton a while back.

I agree news.talk. Remains were found in close proximity to where Amber Tuccarro was located. Likely one of the many (sadly) missing sex trade workers from Edmonton. The only thing that gives me pause is remembering when Patricia Overes was found in Fish Creek and LE spoke of the body being in an advanced state of decomposition.

I agree news.talk. Remains were found in close proximity to where Amber Tuccarro was located. Likely one of the many (sadly) missing sex trade workers from Edmonton. The only thing that gives me pause is remembering when Patricia Overes was found in Fish Creek and LE spoke of the body being in an advanced state of decomposition.
I have to keep toggling back and forth from the Burgess thread again...

What is frightening, is that no one was ever caught for those cases and we have a few violent sex offenders currently free in Alberta. I have often wondered if one is still active and possibly responsible for one or more MP cases.

Decomposition is quick. Especially exposed to the elements. Depending on their definition of "quite some time" we don't know if they mean months or years. Between 8 months and a year, a body is reduced to mere skeleton. The longer the body is there, the less likely it is found intact, as scavengers tend to deposit remains for miles.

I'm wondering about the native woman who was travelling with that unknown male. They were travelling toward "50th Street", according to the voice clip provided by LE, and if so, they would have had to be driving north and east Leduc. Sorry and sad I can't remember the young woman's name and can't look it up right this minute :(
Amber Tuccaro?

A bit of background on the missing and murdered women in Edmonton, dubbed "The Killing Fields:"

Since 1983, the bodies of 20 women have been found in the Edmonton area. JoAnn McCartney, a retired vice cop on the Edmonton police force who now runs a program to help women who work on the streets, said the voluntary DNA collection is used only for identification, not to aid any other police enforcement.

"It's to identify you so your family has some closure. And the faster we can do that, the quicker we can ask questions about your most recent activities and start the investigation," she said.

In Edmonton, Thomas Svekla, a 39-year-old former tire store worker, was charged with two counts of second-degree murder in the deaths of Theresa Innes and Rachel Quinney. But that has provided little reassurance to women who work on the streets. Police believe more than one person is responsible for the murders.

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news..._killer_preying_on_prostitutes.html?referrer=

Since 1997, at least 12 female bodies, most of them sex-trade workers, have been dumped in local fields and ditches. A few more bodies dating back to 1988 were discovered, but police have yet to give a definite number of the murder cases linked to the area.

Even the discovery last month of a female body in a ditch on the city's northern edges further frayed nerves here, though it was widely assumed the body was that of a missing 29-year-old pregnant woman. "Not again," was the worried collective refrain before Liana White was positively identified and her husband quickly charged with the murder.

It has been a month and a half since an RCMP-led task force probing dozens of unsolved homicides went public with what has long been suspected: a male serial killer is at work.

The task force, which has been dubbed Project Kare, is officially investigating 41 unsolved murders, which date as far back as the 1930s, but officers will not say how many of those cases they believe are connected to the serial killer.

Fifty full-time officers are on the case, which is morphing into one of the most complicated investigations in the province's history. The province has spent $6.3-million on the task force, which began operating in November 2003. Members are using a sophisticated computer-tracking system to sort through clues and tips.

Not much has been said about whom the police think they are looking for. Officers have divulged only that they suspect he has a connection to the rural area east of Edmonton; that he likes to hunt, camp, fish or farm; that he drives an SUV or truck; and that he may clean his vehicle often or at odd hours.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ds-of-edmonton/article1122521/?service=mobile
-----
That last article is really thorough and worth the read. There is also a thread here in Websleuths:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...issing-amp-Murdered-women-of-Edmonton-Alberta

Thanks news.talk. I had no idea there was a task force, since I haven't lived in Alberta for some years.
One 1987 murder still haunts me, the woman was a West Edmonton Mall hairdresser, and she was abducted walking home on Feb. 13, 1987. Her name was Melissa Letain. She was found the next day, Valentine's day, hanging from the Genesee bridge by some boys from a rural private school.
Shudder to think this person has not been caught, and may still be among us.

Interestingly, Amber Tuccarro went missing in August 2010, her remains discovered not until September 2012, 2 years later... and yet it stated only 3 days after finding her remains that she was identified. I think they know who this is already, since they haven't said they are still trying to ID the remains. They haven't even specified whether remains are M or F, or single or multiple. they only say they are finding out how they came to be there and the circumstances surrounding. For what reason would LE not be releasing the name at this point?

Interestingly, Amber Tuccarro went missing in August 2010, her remains discovered not until September 2012, 2 years later... and yet it stated only 3 days after finding her remains that she was identified. I think they know who this is already, since they haven't said they are still trying to ID the remains. They haven't even specified whether remains are M or F, or single or multiple. they only say they are finding out how they came to be there and the circumstances surrounding. For what reason would LE not be releasing the name at this point?

Good post! Adding to it, why several days between the remains being found and the reporting of them being found? Remains being found seem to be generally be reported the same day.

Waiting for all next of kin to be notified?

This article states the Project KARE is investigating the case.

Normally, wouldn't they say something like, 'the remains are those of a female and have been identified, police are notifying next of kin, blah blah'? This seems rather hush-hush to me, both in that it took so long to even report the findings, not giving any info on the type or quantity of the remains, other than to say they have been there for some time. Whether or not this is a Project KARE matter, the public is interested, no?

Waiting for all next of kin to be notified?

This article states the Project KARE is investigating the case.

Is it just journalistic sensationalism that the reporter seems to be making a point of informing the public that the remains were found next to agricultural land?

Normally, wouldn't they say something like, 'the remains are those of a female and have been identified, police are notifying next of kin, blah blah'? This seems rather hush-hush to me, both in that it took so long to even report the findings, not giving any info on the type or quantity of the remains, other than to say they have been there for some time. Whether or not this is a Project KARE matter, the public is interested, no?
If they are dealing with skeletal remains, the identification process will take longer. For some of these women, dental records might be few and far between. We don't even know if they have all of the remains - it's doubtful if they had been there a long time. I also suspect that they are attempting to determine COD before releasing the identity. That would not be a quick process on skeletal remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts