Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. If they got involved because of another child, they are hard to get rid of. She may have been young, with no parenting skills and the inability to care for a child. The fact that she didn't seem to have a stable home gave them pause.

I know of some pretty awful living circumstances for children that even when the ministry is involved the children are not taken away from the parent even if that parent is in all kinds of trouble.

One case I know of is a mother who lives with the boyfriend (father of the child) and his family. They are all heavy drug users and live a life of crime and many horrible scenarios, they are well known to police. There is even a no-contact order between the mother and father of the child, but that does not stop them. The young child who is now 3 years old was finally surrendered to Child Services by the mother. The family who was trying to save the child from the living circumstances had to push and follow-up and demand and still nothing was able to be done. It was only once the mother surrendered her child.

I know of some pretty awful living circumstances for children that even when the ministry is involved the children are not taken away from the parent even if that parent is in all kinds of trouble.

One case I know of is a mother who lives with the boyfriend (father of the child) and his family. They are all heavy drug users and live a life of crime and many horrible scenarios, they are well known to police. There is even a no-contact order between the mother and father of the child, but that does not stop them. The young child who is now 3 years old was finally surrendered to Child Services by the mother. The family who was trying to save the child from the living circumstances had to push and follow-up and demand and still nothing was able to be done. It was only once the mother surrendered her child.
That is terrible. There are also people that have had over zealous caseworkers or family members that have used CFS to gain custody. If JRN had an issue with her first child, and say a parent wanting to get custody (even with good reason), they could have used CFS to facilitate the transaction. Like I said, once they get involved with one child, all future children become "concerns."

That is terrible. There are also people that have had over zealous caseworkers or family members that have used CFS to gain custody. If JRN had an issue with her first child, and say a parent wanting to get custody (even with good reason), they could have used CFS to facilitate the transaction. Like I said, once they get involved with one child, all future children become "concerns."

Yes! Good point!

I was thinking what if the father or guardians of the other 2 boys knew about Jessica gaining custody back of her one son and that did not sit well with him or them. Would Jessica now have had a better chance of gaining custody of her other children if the 50/50 was applied? I wonder how that would have impacted KL and his life or that of the childrens' as well as the current guardians.

Not to where they have say in a private custody agreement between two consenting parents. The first thing a judge would ask is why they are involved, and said overzealous case worker would be hard pressed to maintain standing if the concern was her renting a place, or a minor issue with a previous child.

There is a reason that none of three children live with her. Three.

If she was in fact dropped off but didn't make it into her home then what happened in the few seconds it takes to go in? And if the ex dropped her off how did he not see anything? A neighbor did it maybe?

This was my reference to it deug but I can't see the article anymore only the calgary sun one. I will have to look further and remember to always quote in the future. I'm still new lol.

Well that is interesting then because she was (now) reportedly last seen 'being' dropped off at her home, so for them to also know that she never made it 'into' her home, that means the person with whom she shared a home must have been present in order to make that determination. If she was seen to have been dropped off at her home but then got waylaid on the way 'into' her home, then it should read something like, 'she was last seen 'doing this' or 'talking to these', 'outside of her home after being dropped off there by her recent ex'?

I read that as well, but can't find it. Edited out?

From that, I can't tell if that was your thought at the time, or from somewhere else. Yes, quote and link! And that way if something changes, we can tell for sure, instead of feeling nutso!

This was my reference to it deug but I can't see the article anymore only the calgary sun one. I will have to look further and remember to always quote in the future. I'm still new lol.

When I click on that link.. a video starts up, but then it disappears.. not sure if it is because my computer needs a reboot, or because it has been kind of semi-removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton