Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Number one (far fetched); girl witnessed (by neighbor, room mate) being dropped off but wasn't JN. Goes to alley and departs area. Where is JN?

Number two; JN dropped off. Goes to alley, picked up by a friend and goes to their house and hangs low. Life at that moment became overwhelming, needed to regroup and didn't know how to turn to family who have always been there. Wanted to be strong but couldn't just yet.

The second scenario is quite plausible and everybody has had that point of being overwhelmed with life,,, in JN's case, she is young and easily fits into that space of being trapped by circumstance, stuck, unable to make that clear decision or take on a responsibility, did not want to seem like a burden,, thought best to disappear.

I sincerely hope it is the second scenario and have a theory of where she might be. But foremost - and after reading the page by her mother - she has strong supports and love and all that goes with it despite what she may think she has failed at in any regard. I doubt she is reading, but, if you are Jess more warmth and love will come your way than ridicule and finger pointing by coming out from where you are and home.

Interesting link. So JRN's dad's wife (who have guardianship of at least JRN's boy#1), is saying 'an' ex dropped her at home, 'but so far' his 'story' checks out. Does that sound somewhat doubtful? It does to me? Does that mean police are just going on trust that he did so? And then she goes on to say she thinks police just need someone to come forward to verify what LE probably already know. (ad-libbed from the link below); that sounds kind of ominous.

So he knew her for about a year, and was going along on the visitations? 2 of us or 3 of us? No overnight visitation then?

I wonder if the visitation had to be supervised. It also sounds like the two of them spent some time together outside of the home.

Was Jessica romantically involved with her roommate?

I wonder if the visitation had to be supervised. It also sounds like the two of them spent some time together outside of the home.

Was Jessica romantically involved with her roommate?
OK, I find that kind of strange for her to bring him along on visitation if they were not involved. Or maybe they were involved romantically, just in his mind !!

Or maybe because she did not drive he drove her to pick the little guy up?
OK, I find that kind of strange for her to bring him along on visitation if they were not involved. Or maybe they were involved romantically, just in his mind !!

Poverty, addiction, mental health. No disrespect intended, I'm drawing on what I know about the system, from past employment...and trying to figure out how a mother of 3 very young children would find herself on the outside looking in as far as visitation rights. There are income supports for low income single mothers. There is also help for addiction and most mental health issues. Social agencies will jump through hoops to help a young single mother with everything from income supports to parenting programs, etc. Even smoking pot around small children seems to be acceptable with social services.
It sounds like she was struggling with something bigger at some point, had gained some success, and was about to see the next day if her efforts were going to be rewarded at the hearing. It was important to her, she changed her shift at her work so that she could get ready. What could have happened in those last few hours to sabotage her efforts?
Something random, and sinister seems unlikely. Self sabotage seems most likely.

Canada - Shelby Dawn Williams, 20, Saint John, New Brunswick, 22 Sept 2012
This case was similar on websleuths .She was 20 ,in a custody dispute,due to see her 3 year old the next day.She was found in Saint John Harbor .

Poverty, addiction, mental health. No disrespect intended, I'm drawing on what I know about the system, from past employment...and trying to figure out how a mother of 3 very young children would find herself on the outside looking in as far as visitation rights. There are income supports for low income single mothers. There is also help for addiction and most mental health issues. Social agencies will jump through hoops to help a young single mother with everything from income supports to parenting programs, etc. Even smoking pot around small children seems to be acceptable with social services.
It sounds like she was struggling with something bigger at some point, had gained some success, and was about to see the next day if her efforts were going to be rewarded at the hearing. It was important to her, she changed her shift at her work so that she could get ready. What could have happened in those last few hours to sabotage her efforts?
Something random, and sinister seems unlikely. Self sabotage seems most likely.
I volunteer at an agency that helps young mother's. Many of them have gone through custody loss, addictions, abusive relationships, criminal charges, etc... The ones that get it together, spend years trying to get their kids back. Once a child is removed, the hoops one has to jump thorough are numerous. They need to show stability which includes holding a job for more than a year, attending various parenting classes, counseling, addictions treatment and staggered supervision.

While we don't know JRN'S history and struggles, it *appears* that she was making a valiant effort. Her family and friends are claiming publicly, that she was very excited and most willing to gain more time with her son. If she did leave on her own accord, there must be way more than what is being claimed, because it doesn't make sense that she would jump through all those hoops, only to bail the day before they paid off. One also has to ask, if she is the type of person that would willingly put her children through this whole ordeal. They must be very scared and confused. It would take a really messed up person to do that to one's own children.

He obviously cares for JRN, I wonder if it was mutual....
He looks a little old for her, no? Unless he is this really great guy (who happens to primarily have strippers as friends), I don't see what would attract them. The question for me is, maybe he had feelings for her that were not reciprocated? Maybe he felt that after taking her in, giving her a home, driving her everywhere, that she owed him and when he tried to collect, tragedy struck.

What do you do when you are anxious and depressed at 9:30pm? Let's say you are beyond just needing cheering up by a friend. You need professional help.
No doctor or counsellor is available to see you unless you drive yourself to emergency, and you can be assured of having to wait for long hours to be seen. What do you do when you can't deal with the panic but can't find immediate help, or don't want to? Sadly, I am thinking she will be found in the water much like Shelby Dawn Williams. It's the only way someone can remove themself without a trace. JMO.

What do you do when you are anxious and depressed at 9:30pm? Let's say you are beyond just needing cheering up by a friend. You need professional help.
No doctor or counsellor is available to see you unless you drive yourself to emergency, and you can be assured of having to wait for long hours to be seen. What do you do when you can't deal with the panic but can't find immediate help, or don't want to? Sadly, I am thinking she will be found in the water much like Shelby Dawn Williams. It's the only way someone can remove themself without a trace. JMO.
It would be very interesting to know what happened on the ride home that night... What was her demeanor and were there indications that she was worried or upset. It's interesting that on all these missing sites, there never seems to be a lot of questions as to the events leading up to the disappearance. Is everyone afraid of upsetting the family? It would be much more conducive to helping locate her, than the endless posts for prayers. Maybe it's just me and I'm just nosey.

It would be very interesting to know what happened on the ride home that night... What was her demeanor and were there indications that she was worried or upset. It's interesting that on all these missing sites, there never seems to be a lot of questions as to the events leading up to the disappearance. Is everyone afraid of upsetting the family? It would be much more conducive to helping locate her, than the endless posts for prayers. Maybe it's just me and I'm just nosey.
Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member