GUILTY Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, it's hard not to judge some of the choices people make, but we are lucky in Canada to have not excellent, but decent support for kids so they don't fall through the cracks for too long.
I did work in social services, Sheshe, and have seen young single moms with various health/addiction/learning disabilities/mental health issues being horribly mistreated in their relationships.

I was a young mom when I had my first. Not a single mom but I remember the strong feeling of missing out on whatever was 'out there'. I can only imagine how hard it would be to keep your balance, stay cute enough to find a guy that values you, and one that will love your kids, (in some of these tougher circles).

Apologies if this has already been posted, it's the first time I've seen it. http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/05/1...r-was-last-person-to-see-jessica-newman-alive

Last time she was seen was waiting for a ride or was the last time she was seen going back into the restaurant to say her ride was there?
I take it as she was waiting inside the resto for her ride. She was likely watching for him/her/them, or they could have called her phone to say they were outside.

I take it as she was waiting inside the resto for her ride. She was likely watching for him/her/them, or they could have called her phone to say they were outside.

This is a quote from the article

'It was a slow night, which hadn’t seen a customer in a while, Tat recalled, so around 9 p.m. they closed early.

“She said she was waiting for a ride,” Tat said.

“I went to the back to do my stuff and her ride came in 10 minutes or so and she told me, ‘OK, see you on Thursday, Sam — my ride’s here.’ ”

Tat said his last words to Newman were: “See you — make sure you lock the door for me when you leave.”

And then she was gone.'

Just in case, like me, you're not local and aren't in a position to pop down to the restaurant to see what it's like, here's a video I found of it, it's up for sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01SJUb-hJB0

Apologies if this has already been posted, it's the first time I've seen it. http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/05/1...r-was-last-person-to-see-jessica-newman-alive

Last time she was seen was waiting for a ride or was the last time she was seen going back into the restaurant to say her ride was there?

I certainly hope the restaraunt owner hasn't slipped up his recollection of events. So before we learned that Jessica was driven home by an ex we were told she was last seen waiting for a ride (which implied that she was not seen entering a vehicle) and now the restaraunt owner confirms that Jessica told him her ride had arrived and he told her to lock the door.

Were Jessica and her boss the only ones left at the restaraunt when her ride supposedly showed up?

"“She said she was waiting for a ride,” Tat said.

“I went to the back to do my stuff and her ride came in 10 minutes or so and she told me, ‘OK, see you on Thursday, Sam — my ride’s here.’ ”

Tat said his last words to Newman were: “See you — make sure you lock the door for me when you leave.”

And then she was gone."

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/05/1...r-was-last-person-to-see-jessica-newman-alive

Also interesting to note is that when they closed early it took around 10 minutes for her ride to arrive. So her ride knew she was off early and arrived promptly.

Have also just realized that the title of the article is somewhat at odds with the general consensus. Even though it hasn't been established which ex boyfriend picked her up, I've been under the impression that she was definitely picked up up til now.....

And in this article http://www.pressreader.com/canada/calgary-herald/20150511/281599534069898/TextView I was questioning this statement by LE

"We're open to the time frame when she was killed, but all of her activities appear to cease around March 10th," Hebert said Saturday.

Which, when added to comments on WS from people local to the area expressing surprise that her body had lain where it had for so long before being spotted - on account of the grass was pretty short there, iirc, I'm wondering if it had only recently been dumped there and LE had to decide by the condition of the remains whether she'd been kept alive somewhere and only recently killed or whether she'd been killed when she went missing and kept in a very cold place/freezer during the interim?

I wonder if Jessica's cell phone was recovered. If it was found by her body and the last number called or text sent was to her ex who supposedly drove her home then I think this was a different perp and not the ex. If it was the ex and she had called or texted him for a ride wouldn't he want to conceal that and so rid of the phone? If the phone was found with her then another perp could be using that last phone dialogue between her and her ex to their advantage.

I am also curious how long it will be for the DNA results.

This is a quote from the article

'It was a slow night, which hadn’t seen a customer in a while, Tat recalled, so around 9 p.m. they closed early.

“She said she was waiting for a ride,” Tat said.

And then she was gone.'

Just in case, like me, you're not local and aren't in a position to pop down to the restaurant to see what it's like, here's a video I found of it, it's up for sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01SJUb-hJB0

The restaraunt has been conditionally sold.

I certainly hope the restaraunt owner hasn't slipped up his recollection of events. So before we learned that Jessica was driven home by an ex we were told she was last seen waiting for a ride (which implied that she was not seen entering a vehicle) and now the restaraunt owner confirms that Jessica told him her ride had arrived and he told her to lock the door.

Were Jessica and her boss the only ones left at the restaraunt when her ride supposedly showed up?

"“She said she was waiting for a ride,” Tat said.

And then she was gone."

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/05/1...r-was-last-person-to-see-jessica-newman-alive

Also interesting to note is that when they closed early it took around 10 minutes for her ride to arrive. So her ride knew she was off early and arrived promptly.

Interesting, she worked there for a year on and off, so was business slow and that's why work was sporadic and that's why the business is for sale, or was JRN sporadic with working? She was solidly working there the last 5 months and has keys to the place to lock up? I guess if she usually opens in the mornings she might have keys, but the cooks are usually first there, curious that she had keys to the place, if that's what locking the door meant.

I read it that he went to the back to do whatever and that she stayed in the restaurant but at the front where she'd be able to see out of the windows so when she said her lift was there that he reminded her that she had to drop the lock on the front door on her way out?

I am also curious how long it will be for the DNA results.

Indeed, people think they are so clever but they rarely are!

The more I think about it, the more I want to know whether she'd been frozen or not. If she wasn't dismembered and, even taking into account that she looks tiny, she had been frozen, then it stands to reason that it must have been a reasonable sized freezer and shouldn't cause a problem for cadaver dogs if they were in that area.

I predict there'll be an arrest soon. *keeps fingers crossed*

Interesting, she worked there for a year on and off, so was business slow and that's why work was sporadic and that's why the business is for sale, or was JRN sporadic with working? She was solidly working there the last 5 months and has keys to the place to lock up? I guess if she usually opens in the mornings she might have keys, but the cooks are usually first there, curious that she had keys to the place, if that's what locking the door meant.

I'd always assumed that there were co workers there, that things were quiet so she'd been allowed to leave early and that they had seen her stood outside waiting for a lift, even if they didn't see her get into a car (because they were serving or whatever) so I found the whole article a bit mind blowing to be honest.

I don't think that we are going to hear anything until there is an arrest. I have hope that they have the suspect in their sights and they are just waiting on forensics.

I would assume that with her being done work early that she would have called her ride to pick her up early, did she use her cell phone or did she use the business phone.

I wonder if they have security footage, especially of the parking lot and the front entry, even security film from a business across the street may show something happening out front on the street, what types of vehicles are in the area at the time of Jessica's disappearance

With the evidence that has been reported it does seem like Jessica knew who took her life,

I don't think that we are going to hear anything until there is an arrest. I have hope that they have the suspect in their sights and they are just waiting on forensics.

I would assume that with her being done work early that she would have called her ride to pick her up early, did she use her cell phone or did she use the business phone.

I wonder if they have security footage, especially of the parking lot and the front entry, even security film from a business across the street may show something happening out front on the street, what types of vehicles are in the area at the time of Jessica's disappearance

With the evidence that has been reported it does seem like Jessica knew who took her life,

IS it actually part of the mystery of Jessica's disappearance? I have a strong feeling LE knows who gave Jessica a ride that night, and have cleared that individual. It wouldn't be the first time CPS has kept their cards close to the vest, disclosing a bare minimum of details to the press and public.

IS it actually part of the mystery of Jessica's disappearance? I have a strong feeling LE knows who gave Jessica a ride that night, and have cleared that individual. It wouldn't be the first time CPS has kept their cards close to the vest, disclosing a bare minimum of details to the press and public.

I also don't think that Jessica would tell her coworker that her ride was there if they were not, could she have mistaken a vehicle for one she knew anything is possible,

I do think that the CPS know way more than what they have leaked out to the public

I can only imagine how it must be driving her loved ones crazy not knowing who murdered Jessica

I read it that he went to the back to do whatever and that she stayed in the restaurant but at the front where she'd be able to see out of the windows so when she said her lift was there that he reminded her that she had to drop the lock on the front door on her way out?

I'm probably over analyzing this, but I don't know many businesses that lock from the inside, usually they're locked from the outside with a key.

Of course, me being the suspicious person I am (thanks Websleuths lol), I was asking questions earlier up thread about co-workers, fellow employees. Was this a pub or a restaurant? If restaurant, kitchen staff are usually last to leave if they have to clean up the kitchen, mop, etc. If a pub, then the bartender is usually last to leave. Was the owner the bartender? Or was it just the two of them there closing up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back